Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
style / art gimmick combo you want to see next
This poll is closed.
Commodore 64 hi fi 16 colors Drawing goons drooling over anime (or muscle men) 35 20.71%
Everything in MSPaint Black and White and Undertale Characters 22 13.02%
CGA in CYMK tones and rising stars of gaming like Hololens and Star Citizen 36 21.30%
Only Purple and Waluigi and Kirby ship fiction 76 44.97%
Total: 169 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Lizard Wizard posted:

I wanna say "bloomers" is the word you're looking for.

Grandma, nobody says bloomers anymore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
AC2 was neat, liked climbing all over historic architecture then you end the game with a fist fight against The Pope

AC4 is a good Pirate Simulator

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

computer... search assassin's creed wikia... "list of templars" [pages fly past me like that construct scene in the Matrix]

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Binary morality owns I'm glad AssCreed is around.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
The only way to end Assassin's Creed is to set the final one in the 1960's.

Kennedy has gone rogue. The Templars reach out to the Assassins. The mission is simple.

He'll be touring soon, going to Texas. Take your shot.

Assassins Creed: Bay of Pigs

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Kennedy has gone rogue. The Templars reach out to the Assassins. The mission is simple.

where do i even start with this ...................

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things

8-Bit Scholar posted:

JFK reloaded came out like 15 years ago buddy.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

anytime you think about buying an AC game just remember there's probably like 20 to 100 other games you could spend the money on that are less boring. it's probably a good thing ubisoft took the year off from it. of course, this likely means they'll dump a watch_dawgs on us instead

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

oddium posted:

where do i even start with this ...................
It's actually canon that WWII was an inside job and Stalin, Churchill, Roosevelt, and Hitler were all Templars.

That moment when I found that out in 2 was when I realized that the series metaplot would be never be anything but irredeemable poo poo.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
if I have to play another open world game I'll die

remember when GTA 3 came out and open world games were cool as heck

I think that game had more interactivity in general than an AC game though

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Jesus was a Templar and used a magic device to fake miracles and brainwash people into following him

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Open world games are cool you just gotta play the good ones like literally any other genre

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
I am still a fan of 1, the Ezio Trilogy, and 4, but geez was the metaplot the biggest mistake the series ever made.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I also really wish they would drop the "OK stop playing the actual game for a while and wander about an office in the future for like 20 minutes before continuing" thing

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Monkey Fracas posted:

I also really wish they would drop the "OK stop playing the actual game for a while and wander about an office in the future for like 20 minutes before continuing" thing
That falls into the metaplot in my view, so yeah.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Monkey Fracas posted:

if I have to play another open world game I'll die

remember when GTA 3 came out and open world games were cool as heck

I think that game had more interactivity in general than an AC game though

after dragon age, mordor, witcher 3, and fallout 4 I'm pretty glad semi-linear stuff with smaller, tighter areas is coming out this year. Deus Ex, Mirror's Edge, stuff that's more setpiece oriented like Uncharted. I loved most of those open-world games but there was a year and a half or so where most of the big releases were like this.

Maybe it didn't help that JC3 and XCX were in December after all that fatigue and neither of them did anything for me.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Deus Ex is the only game I'm allowing myself to be "hyped" for so I really hope its good.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwJODYKJs7A

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Lady Naga posted:

Open world games are cool you just gotta play the good ones like literally any other genre

Eh you're right but man am I sick of open world games ATM

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.
the only assassins creed i've played was the first one

eh, it was alright

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Golden Goat posted:

Then you'll want to play From Softs older games and slightly regret it.

Or, like me, not regret it at all, because theyre good games

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I would like to see ubisoft just rip off gangs of new york & the good, the bad, and the ugly for an assassin's creed

VoidBurger
Jul 18, 2008

A leap into the void.
The burger in space.
I played a few hours of Black Flag and only liked sailing, whaling, and sharking, so I stopped playing before the 10 hour mark because everything else was boring as gently caress.

Also I hate that Ubisoft does this:
Character: "Hello, I am important-seeming. Let's do two missions together."
Me: "Ok."
Character: "Well, it's been fun but I must go now. Goodbye."
Me: "Ok, I guess they weren't important anyway, huh."

*six hours of gameplay/story/swashbuckling/shantying later*

Character: "Heya buddy, you remember me right? Well, I'm back!!"
Me: "Who the poo poo is this and why are they acting like we've met before?"

Also I hated that they treated Mary whatsherface (which is one of the people I'm talking about that did exactly this, the other one was that fat nice guy you first meet) as if it were a big surprise that she was crossdressing as a dude to do pirate stuff. As if her having a loving female voice actor didn't give that away at the very first sentence that came outta her mouth lol.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
AssCreed Liberation is way better than the mainline titles

if only we got Assassin's Creed Liberation Maiden

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

Or, like me, not regret it at all, because theyre good games

Even Evergrace?

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

FirstAidKite posted:

I would like to see ubisoft just rip off gangs of new york & the good, the bad, and the ugly for an assassin's creed

Red Dead Redemption kind of has the latter, though it's a good sixty years after that film. A post-Civil War Reconstruction era Western open world game would be sweet though.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Phantasium posted:

Even Evergrace?

never played it, but I enjoy games of all types, even ones with soundtracks that sound like I composed them during an epileptic fit

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

never played it, but I enjoy games of all types, even ones with soundtracks that sound like I composed them during an epileptic fit

The soundtrack is the least of that game's problems! But I also played through it entirely back when it was relatively new so I'm also guilty of that.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

FactsAreUseless posted:

"Strawmen are all like doo doo da doo!" "Nah, man, they're all like dee dee da dee!"

Answer my question plz.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Lurdiak posted:

Answer my question plz.
What question?

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

FactsAreUseless posted:

What question?

WHERE DO YOU STAND ON PANTYGATE 2016 YOUR POSTERS HAVE A RIGHT TO KNOW

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Pantsugate

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

FactsAreUseless posted:

What question?

Lurdiak posted:

Hey facts are utensils, is talking about the DOA Extreme Beach Volleyball thing ok or does it count as violating that GG rule?

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Instant Sunrise posted:

the only assassins creed i've played was the first one

eh, it was alright

Not really :geno:

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

People talked about DOAX a ton in the Vita thread. There were no probations or bans. People did not get overly weird about it (albeit by vita thread standards). It's up to you Lurdiak. Do wrong and ask for forgiveness imo

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

axleblaze posted:

Not really :geno:

The first one is actually the one I liked the most. Because it was

1) actually about assassinating
2) really loving pretty for the time and 2 actually downgraded the graphics imo
3) full of mystery about what the big conspiracy was before 2 and onwards turned that into a complete joke where everyone notable ever was part of the conspiracy
4) a game about a guy who has a character arc

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I don't even know what that is, but as long as people aren't talking about Gamergate it's fine, whatever. Not all video game controversies are banned.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

So a while back Tecmo Koei announced that DOA Extreme Tittyball 3 wasn't coming to the west. In the press release they mentioned that the American market wasn't very good for games like that because America views sexuality differently than Japan.

Some very smart people read between the lines and realized that FEMINISTS BANNED THE GAME COMING TO AMERICA!!! TECMO KOEI IS BEING BULLIED BY SJWS!!! and imported the Japanese version of the game for like 120 dollars to stick it to those darn censorship-happy women. Never mind that the title had been getting abysmal reviews even from outlets that love titty games.

Anyway, then this happened:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVRcxHnQVys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Lurdiak posted:

So a while back Tecmo Koei announced that DOA Extreme Tittyball 3 wasn't coming to the west. In the press release they mentioned that the American market wasn't very good for games like that because America views sexuality differently than Japan.

KT didn't say that in a press release, it was whatever moron that was running their facebook that day.

• Locked thread