Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

Schnorkles posted:

This is one of those things that's reaaaalllyyy bad for a general, but a wash or even maybe slightly good in the primary.

I'm not so sure. Why wouldn't "Hillary used my supposedly heinous defenses of a grab to exonerate a child rapist" work?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
NATO is a MESS

Wax Dynasty
Jan 1, 2013

This postseason, I've really enjoyed bringing back the three-inning save.

Hell Gem

72% unfavorables among women.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
"KISS MY rear end BITCH! ILL BE AT DUANES" - Corey Lewandowski, to reporters, upon being released on bail

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Oiled and Ready posted:

I'm not so sure. Why wouldn't "Hillary used my supposedly heinous defenses of a grab to exonerate a child rapist" work?

I think the damage is already done, tbh, and this is just another version of it.

I can't imagine how this affects Trump's support at all in the republican party though.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Oiled and Ready posted:

Because thats been brought up before had had no effect on Clintons support

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Oiled and Ready posted:

Uh because chiding lawyers for providing their defendants a constitutionally mandated vigorous defense is baby's very first hot take.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

Zelder posted:

boy i hope that no one on trump's team has worse indiscretions than lewandowski. because trump is ride or die for his team over here

It's almost endearing to see a political campaign not throw it's members under the bus at the first sign of scandal. You don't see such determined loyalty anymore.

richardfun
Aug 10, 2008

Twenty years? It's no wonder I'm so hungry. Do you have anything to eat?

Joementum posted:

You guys are still going on about the fake Cruz sex scandal?

You see what happens when you leave the average degenerates in this thread to their own devices?

We need you, Joe...

thethreeman
May 10, 2008
Fallen Rib

Schnorkles posted:

This is one of those things that's reaaaalllyyy bad for a general, but a wash or even maybe slightly good in the primary.

every day I find it less likely that trump is the nominee. If he underperforms in CA like that last poll that had Cruz on his tail shows, and falls at all below 1237 on the first ballot, I can't imagine how the gop doesn't steal it

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

Wax Dynasty posted:

72% unfavorables among women. They just don't know.

However will a talented con artist get women to hate a fellow woman who is more successful than they are? What a completely unsolvable pickle!

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
Trump supporters keep forgetting that they're just a teeny tiny itty bitty piece of the general electorate

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

thethreeman posted:

every day I find it less likely that trump is the nominee. If he underperforms in CA like that last poll that had Cruz on his tails shows, and falls at all below 1237 on the first ballot, I can't imagine how the gop doesn't steal it

On the other hand if Trump clears 50% in New York (which seems likely) that's game over.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Why do people ITT think that Trump bringing up talking points that have had 0 effect until now will work because......?

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Al! posted:

Trump supporters keep forgetting that they're just a teeny tiny itty bitty piece of the general electorate

its a good marketing strategy but a lousy political one

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

Venom Snake posted:

Because thats been brought up before had had no effect on Clintons support

If Trump hasn't brought it up you don't have a reference point and you know it. A lot of the things he hammered people on in the primary had been brought up before to no effect.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Venom Snake posted:

Why do people ITT think that Trump bringing up talking points that have had 0 effect until now will work because......?

Donald trump is, of course, magic

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Oiled and Ready posted:

However will a talented con artist get women to hate a fellow woman who is more successful than they are? What a completely unsolvable pickle!

If his strategy is "bitches be crazy" like this he's hosed

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Al! posted:

So does everyone everywhere.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

thethreeman posted:

every day I find it less likely that trump is the nominee. If he underperforms in CA like that last poll that had Cruz on his tail shows, and falls at all below 1237 on the first ballot, I can't imagine how the gop doesn't steal it

I think the gop tries to steal it regardless of what happens.

Democrazy
Oct 16, 2008

If you're not willing to lick the boot, then really why are you in politics lol? Everything is a cycle of just getting stomped on so why do you want to lose to it over and over, just submit like me, I'm very intelligent.

Top Bunk Wanker posted:

It is absolutely shameful that you've fallen for the idea that just because a woman said something, that means you have to listen

- a Trump supporter

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Oiled and Ready posted:

If Trump hasn't brought it up you don't have a reference point and you know it. A lot of the things he hammered people on in the primary had been brought up before to no effect.

Thinking that Trump beating up children on the playground makes him ready for UFC is silly, I'm sorry.

Wax Dynasty
Jan 1, 2013

This postseason, I've really enjoyed bringing back the three-inning save.

Hell Gem

Oiled and Ready posted:

Trump doubling down on his heretofore wild success with the largest single voting demographic.

Make Kitchens Great Again.

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
I hate Ted Cruz so god drat much and I want to see him destroyed forever. By Trump.

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax

FuzzySkinner posted:

re: Fields.

My twitter feed blew up with a bunch of my fellow progressives and a few right wingers/conservatives/libertarian blowing up over this.

The self righteous act against Trump is growing old.

It's driving me nuts.

These same people got pissed at me for bringing up the Cruz article in the National Enquirer earlier this week, and got even more angry when I had the "nerve" to bring up that Trump was the lesser evil versus Cruz.

I don't loving get it. Are these people so blinded with dumbass rage and self righteousness that they'd rather direct their anger towards something like this versus actual policy? Jesus christ.

what does your charred, rotten heart tell you

thethreeman
May 10, 2008
Fallen Rib

Slate Action posted:

On the other hand if Trump clears 50% in New York (which seems likely) that's game over.

not at all. I'm not saying I endorse the analysis, but this 538 counts up an average of expected results in upcoming states: http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/the-most-important-states-on-trumps-path-to-1237-delegates/

even if you give him all 94 from NY, he's still barely short of 1237 going in, and he has to convince a handful of unpledged delegates to vote for him on the first ballot. At 1232 or whatever, that's obviously no problem. if he slips - maybe losing more of the GOP women's votes? - in CA, WI, or IN, he could easily be short even if he gets all of em in NY, NJ, etc

I still think it's well above 50% that he gets above 1237 on the first ballot, but if it goes to 2nd ballot, I can easily see it getting stolen

Schnorkles posted:

I think the gop tries to steal it regardless of what happens.

now this would be crazy

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

Venom Snake posted:

Why do people ITT think anything matters to Trump in the primary? We are in the 'nothing matters' zone.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Zippy the Bummer posted:

I hate Ted Cruz so god drat much and I want to see him destroyed forever. By Trump.

i was kind of hoping for a double ko situation, myself

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax

Venom Snake posted:

Thinking that Trump beating up children on the playground makes him ready for UFC is silly, I'm sorry.

NOBODY SAW TRUMP COMING squeals increasingly psychotic liberal for 120th time this month

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Everybody knows that if its legitimate bruising, the female body has ways to shut that whole thing down.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Montasque posted:

Why do people ITT think anything matters to Trump in the primary? We are in the 'nothing matters' zone.

I'm not talking about the primary.

InsanityIsCrazy posted:

NOBODY SAW TRUMP COMING squeals increasingly psychotic liberal for 120th time this month

No, everyone saw the GOP being okay with nominating a horrible racist rear end in a top hat.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

FuzzySkinner posted:

re: Fields.

My twitter feed blew up with a bunch of my fellow progressives and a few right wingers/conservatives/libertarian blowing up over this.

The self righteous act against Trump is growing old.

It's driving me nuts.

These same people got pissed at me for bringing up the Cruz article in the National Enquirer earlier this week, and got even more angry when I had the "nerve" to bring up that Trump was the lesser evil versus Cruz.

I don't loving get it. Are these people so blinded with dumbass rage and self righteousness that they'd rather direct their anger towards something like this versus actual policy? Jesus christ.

they are pieces of poo poo, who cares

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
It's 2016, why are people still trying to apply logic to Trump?

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

Venom Snake posted:

I'm not talking about the primary.

No, everyone saw the GOP being okay with nominating a horrible racist rear end in a top hat.

This is the GOP primary thread, all you do is GE theorycraft and derail this thread into poo poo.

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax
I CANT BELIEVE HOW MANY GARBAGE AMERICANS THERE ARE screams echo chambered american at downtrodden idiot americans

:patriot:

as halfway crooks
Mar 7, 2007

by Shine
autism from the vaccines

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

please make jokes and not angry sad snipes at each other

edit: i'm probably a past hypocrite in this regard

Zelder fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Mar 29, 2016

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
Can someone post the gif of scott walker licking his lips looking lobotomized tia

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Montasque posted:

This is the GOP primary thread, all you do is GE theorycraft and derail this thread into poo poo.

This used to be the US presidential election thread before it was turned into the Republican primary thread. It's main shtick was laughing at the GOP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Trump could crucify Ted Cruz and proclaim Cruz the second coming of Jesus Christ before setting him alight in the name of Satan and it would boost his numbers 2% minimum.

e: Meanwhile Kasich dies in a car crash because he forgot to buckle up, Trump gets 110% of the vote because winners like him don't get a mere 100%.

• Locked thread