Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I love the guy on the right's face. He's got the perfect face for getting a picture taken with a hijacker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Choco1980 posted:

Detroit Style Pizza is godly and I will punch you in the taint until you agree.

You don't have to, just give him a slice. Detroit style is what, light cheese/ sauce with some bits of crumbling brick and concrete dust?

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

DandyLion posted:

You don't have to, just give him a slice. Detroit style is what, light cheese/ sauce with some bits of crumbling brick and concrete dust?

Burnt in places, and costs a dollar a slice, but you have to pay 100k in back taxes.

Professor of Cats
Mar 22, 2009

DandyLion posted:

I'm dying over here.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

DandyLion posted:

Still better than east coast "white" pizza.

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

I can't remember why I'm mad at you...

Choco1980 posted:

Detroit Style Pizza is godly and I will punch you in the taint until you agree.

Incorrect, but at least it's not as bad as St. Louis style.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

Solice Kirsk posted:

Still better than east coast "white" pizza.

Is that Neapolitan pizza made by Italian-Americans who keep saying they're white?

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

CroatianAlzheimers posted:

Incorrect, but at least it's not as bad as St. Louis style.

While regional pizza arguments may tear long time relationships apart, looking down on St Louis pizza will be there to bring them back together.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Lincoln
May 12, 2007

Ladies.

I submitted one earlier today, but it won't be ready for a couple of hours at least. It's Rib Kid and a pile of realistic dildos. It probably won't be as impressive as what I've built up in my head. I'll post it here when it's done cookin'.

Astrobastard
Dec 31, 2008

Winky Face

Lincoln posted:

I submitted one earlier today, but it won't be ready for a couple of hours at least. It's Rib Kid and a pile of realistic dildos. It probably won't be as impressive as what I've built up in my head. I'll post it here when it's done cookin'.

Ive got like 8 Goatses processing as we speak

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Restaurant not named "The Lunching Pad". :smith:

That's because Disney owns The Lunching Pad.

Solice Kirsk posted:

I love the guy on the right's face. He's got the perfect face for getting a picture taken with a hijacker.

Turns out it wasn't a bomb, just mobile phone covers.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Hi. Hello. Since deepart.io is super slow and leaves an ugly watermark on every image, and I have an account on that other Russian site, I've created this thread where you can submit any images you want to see combined.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3770267

Thanks, bye.

I heart bacon
Nov 18, 2007

:burger: It's burgin' time! :burger:

DandyLion posted:

It comes with the aftertaste of unemployment, malt liquor, and despair.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Came here to post this.

I loved the quote from his mum:

quote:

Pauline Innes, Ben's mother, said: "We don't really want to comment on what has happened until he's home and we know he's safe and well. Obviously he's not come home yet and there are security issues to think about - we don't want to talk about anything until it has all been resolved."

She added: "All we can say is that the picture is clearly not a selfie as everyone has been describing it. You can clearly see that it is not Ben who is taking the picture. He's in it but he's not taking it.

But we don't want to speak about anything until he's back home."

It's great that her greatest concern is that the media are calling it a 'selfie' when it isn't.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

People just lost all fear of him when it turns out the bomb is fake and the guy apparently did all this to see his wife.

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

I can't remember why I'm mad at you...

Lt. Chips posted:

While regional pizza arguments may tear long time relationships apart, looking down on St Louis pizza will be there to bring them back together.

Especially Imo's. gently caress Imo's forever.

NuttO
Oct 22, 2001

sold fifty gold sixty platinum

spog posted:

It's great that her greatest concern is that the media are calling it a 'selfie' when it isn't.

it's a real problem and people need to take a stand!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHNx2VVDDnE

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

NuttO posted:

it's a real problem and people need to take a stand!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHNx2VVDDnE

People calling non-selfies "selfies" isn't any where near as infuriating as the scourge that is videos recorded vertically. I don't care if your in an the middle of an active warzone, record the video correctly or don't do it at all. :colbert:

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

Paladinus posted:

Hi. Hello. Since deepart.io is super slow and leaves an ugly watermark on every image, and I have an account on that other Russian site, I've created this thread where you can submit any images you want to see combined.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3770267

Thanks, bye.

I'm glad that nobody else is going to have to eat a bucket of trackers and malware. Also, a VK account

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

MizPiz posted:

People calling non-selfies "selfies" isn't any where near as infuriating as the scourge that is videos recorded vertically. I don't care if your in an the middle of an active warzone, record the video correctly or don't do it at all. :colbert:

I recently discovered it's not nearly so annoying if you watch the video on a phone yourself. Then you can just align your phone tot he video, and it no longer looks awful.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

MizPiz posted:

In the future, your tv will actively rotate to match orientation of the recorded material, in blatant contradiction to reason and arguments to the utility of having objects like vases, keys and wine bottles and baby crania flung aside by its spastic gyrations. I know this to be true because google needs to be able to reorient your kinect to capture your contraband drm busted materials social interactions nudes interests.

I Am Crake
Mar 31, 2010

There is so much beautiful in the world if you look around. You are only looking at the dirt under your feet, Jimmy. It's not good for you.
I don't get how tech companies still haven't released a phone that has a camera with a vertical resolution that's the same as the horizontal resolution so it will always record video landscape mode, no matter how you hold the phone.

I mean, even if there's a good reason why they haven't, you'd expect one of the clown brands like Huawei or Samsung to have released one by accident.

Bad Wolf
Apr 7, 2007
Without evil there could be no good, so it must be good to be evil sometime !

Kheldarn posted:

Turns out it wasn't a bomb, just mobile phone covers.

I think smiling guy had figured that out at that point, or we're dealing with the world speed record for developing Stockholm syndrome. Also, the hijacker looks like Richard Belzer.

Edit : It's pretty telling the President of Cyprus was laughing about the situation at the press conference as it was going on, people are actually relieved when their local terrorist is less ISIS and more Cobra Commander level.

Bad Wolf has a new favorite as of 10:28 on Mar 30, 2016

johnnyratbastard
Nov 9, 2012

MizPiz posted:

Yup. Professional video monkey here, your ideas are interesting to me and I'd like to subscribe to your newsletter.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

johnnyratbastard posted:

Yup. Professional video monkey here, your ideas are interesting to me and I'd like to subscribe to your newsletter.

It would be pretty hard to get the sky as it is in that last phone image if you held it horizontally.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Meskhenet posted:

It would be pretty hard to get the sky as it is in that last phone image if you held it horizontally.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Gb7qjMkAcE

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

Maybe loss should be a forbidden meme after all.

Theris
Oct 9, 2007

I Am Crake posted:

I don't get how tech companies still haven't released a phone that has a camera with a vertical resolution that's the same as the horizontal resolution so it will always record video landscape mode, no matter how you hold the phone.

I don't care if they are otherwise Literally Hitler, I will vote for, donate to, and spend every waking moment campaigning for any candidate for federal office that promises to ban the sale of phones that don't do this. The mechanism doesn't matter: square sensor, rotating sensor, a separate lens/sensor, or just locking out the ability to record video when the phone is vertical, idgaf. Just make it happen.

Edit: As for the "selfie" thing, I've seen people on Twitter pulling a "backlash to the backlash" and arguing that that's just what "selfie" means now. Which would suck, since we already had words for "photograph with people as the main subject" but now lack a word for "photograph taken by one of the subjects."

Nitrox posted:

Where is the "1st works problems" smiley when you need it

If you don't understand how the scourge of vertical videos is the greatest problem facing the world today then I don't even know what to tell you. :colbert:

Theris has a new favorite as of 12:41 on Mar 30, 2016

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

Theris posted:

I don't care if they are otherwise Literally Hitler, I will vote for, donate to, and spend every waking moment campaigning for any candidate for federal office that promises to ban the sale of phones that don't do this. The mechanism doesn't matter: square sensor, rotating sensor, a separate lens/sensor, or just locking out the ability to record video when the phone is vertical, idgaf. Just make it happen.

Edit: As for the "selfie" thing, I've seen people on Twitter pulling a "backlash to the backlash" and arguing that that's just what "selfie" means now. Which would suck, since we already had words for "photograph with people as the main subject" but now lack a word for "photograph taken by one of the subjects."

Where is the "1st works problems" smiley when you need it

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Theris posted:

Which would suck, since we already had words for "photograph with people as the main subject" but now lack a word for "photograph taken by one of the subjects."

Self-portrait?

FAROOQ
Aug 20, 2014

by Smythe

johnnyratbastard posted:

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy

I love monitors that can do that.

Lincoln
May 12, 2007

Ladies.
VERY DISAPPOINTED. I don't even need to NWS the result, because you can't really tell it's a bunch of dicks:

I think the "style" photo needs to be more dicky. Well, you live and learn.

Bart Fargo
Mar 24, 2005

Il Raggio Infernale

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bt9zSfinwFA

dumb.
Apr 11, 2014

-=💀=-

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Beautiful

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

It appears they did indeed send a poet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

spog posted:

Came here to post this.

I loved the quote from his mum:

I honestly thought the dude on the right was Jerry McConnell.

• Locked thread