Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BillBear
Mar 13, 2013

Ask me about running my country straight into the ground every time I play EU4 multiplayer.

2 SPOOKY posted:

Yeah Lionheart has put out some good stuff and that siege in particular was really interesting to watch. Warrior of Sparta also did the VC quest at the bone pillar, the one vs. orcs that was showcased in the VC release, except he actually beat the scenario and played competently.

http://youtu.be/x02SEQW9-ao

Seriously though the flames and the dramatic voices and God loving damnit people

As far as youtubers go, Lionheart is alright, the dude himself isn't boisterous or egotistical. That intro is pretty bad though granted.

CommissarMega posted:

Who are the VCs' Legendary Lords again? I remember Von Carstein and Kemmler, who's the third?

Most likely the red duke since the blood knights are cut and will be in some sort of free dlc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

I'm still hoping for Vlad or Konrad von Carstein

dd209
Sep 21, 2015

CommissarMega posted:

Who are the VCs' Legendary Lords again? I remember Von Carstein and Kemmler, who's the third?

Seems likely there'll be a Mage/Fighter/Mixed for all factions (though really they could add every single notable character from the lore after three games and endless dlc). Red Duke would fit the bill as a melee hero, but he's not really a big deal in the lore. Could easily be Walach Harkon or Krazy Konrad Von Carstein. For all we know CA are under contract to use certain characters.

edit: I liked the monkey better

dd209 fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Mar 29, 2016

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
it's really obvious who the third lord is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIniljT5lJI

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Triskelli posted:

Here's the blog entry on it, probably the most interesting point is that corruption causes no diplomatic penalties, so it's best to corrupt neutral or allied factions until the dead burst from the ground and take the country over for you

This is seriously cool poo poo and once again Warhammer is by far the best setting Total War has ever attempted. They should have done a magic spinoff to Medieval years ago.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

dd209 posted:

Seems likely there'll be a Mage/Fighter/Mixed for all factions (though really they could add every single notable character from the lore after three games and endless dlc). Red Duke would fit the bill as a melee hero, but he's not really a big deal in the lore. Could easily be Walach Harkon or Krazy Konrad Von Carstein. For all we know CA are under contract to use certain characters.

I'm hoping it's Harkon, the Blood Dragons are cool as gently caress. I don't think we'd see the Red Duke until the inevitable Bretonnia DLC though.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Eh, Wallach Harkon is on par with Manfred, being the guy who was too terrified to actually fight a dragon and instead fell into cosplaying a Bretonnian for the rest of eternity while declaring it was his job to exterminate humankind.

Red Duke's where it's at for Dwagons.

dd209
Sep 21, 2015

Zaphod42 posted:

This is seriously cool poo poo and once again Warhammer is by far the best setting Total War has ever attempted. They should have done a magic spinoff to Medieval years ago.

I really like the idea of corrupting the Empire and forcing it to splinter as a continuation of Vlad's scheme to become Emperor, though I would've loved to able to raise dead enemy generals or turn characters to vampirism. :(

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

this corruption mechanic kinda makes it feel like the VC would be priority number 1 to kill, orcs can simply be stopped with an army but corruption will always be there when you border vampires

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008
fucking stupid, dont listen to me

dd209 posted:

I really like the idea of corrupting the Empire and forcing it to splinter as a continuation of Vlad's scheme to become Emperor, though I would've loved to able to raise dead enemy generals or turn characters to vampirism. :(

"Vlad, why do zombies keep walking out of my graveyards? What the gently caress? We're supposed to be friends!"

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Davincie posted:

this corruption mechanic kinda makes it feel like the VC would be priority number 1 to kill, orcs can simply be stopped with an army but corruption will always be there when you border vampires

They're Lemuria. Their dominion kills people and leaves their territory a useless shell for anyone else, it's great.

Mechanically it'll be super boring because it's basically Total War religion.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Night10194 posted:

Eh, Wallach Harkon is on par with Manfred, being the guy who was too terrified to actually fight a dragon and instead fell into cosplaying a Bretonnian for the rest of eternity while declaring it was his job to exterminate humankind.

Red Duke's where it's at for Dwagons.

Did the Red Duke drink a dragon's blood? I'm not too up on my Fantasy lore, sorry.

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

2 SPOOKY posted:

Yeah Lionheart has put out some good stuff and that siege in particular was really interesting to watch. Warrior of Sparta also did the VC quest at the bone pillar, the one vs. orcs that was showcased in the VC release, except he actually beat the scenario and played competently.

http://youtu.be/x02SEQW9-ao

Seriously though the flames and the dramatic voices and God loving damnit people

That downhill charge was the raddest poo poo. I can feel the hype overtaking me. IT IS A GOOD PAIN

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

CommissarMega posted:

Did the Red Duke drink a dragon's blood? I'm not too up on my Fantasy lore, sorry.

No, he just never bothered, because his dragon is 'exterminate the entire sham of the Bretonnian nobility and gently caress knighthood.' rather than a literal dragon. No-one's entirely sure what his deal is but he is out to fight every goddamn knight he can find. He might be a peasant, a secret lady knight, one of the original Grail Companions, a bastard son of Giles d'Breton, or any number of things, but one thing's certain: Dude hates Bret Knights and he's gonna fight 'em all.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

CommissarMega posted:

No, Aborash is the only known vampire to have done so. He is The Blood Dragon, definite article.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
The main problem with Vampire Counts is that while every other faction has at least one leader who is super rad, Vampire Counts have to choose between a pussy and a bigger pussy as their faction leaders. They really need Vlad or Aborash or simply someone not pathetic as their third Legendary Lord.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Yeah, I was kind of hoping for Vlad- Konrad's a little too batshit (if you'll pardon the pun). That said, I'm not sure how you'd stat Abhorash, or if you'd even want to- it'd be like having Sigmar himself as an Imperial Lord.

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008

CommissarMega posted:

Yeah, I was kind of hoping for Vlad- Konrad's a little too batshit (if you'll pardon the pun). That said, I'm not sure how you'd stat Abhorash, or if you'd even want to- it'd be like having Sigmar himself as an Imperial Lord.

I don't see a problem with that...

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Yeah let's make Sigmar a lord they can reskin the Raise Dead ability to let him call in Sigmarines from orbit and land anywhere.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Eh, we already have Grimmgor Ironhide, aka " waltz to the greatest chaos champion at the height of his power, headbutt him to the ground, drop the mic and moonwalk away" and Khozrak Suneater aka " I really hope half of your army is cannons if you want to take me down, also my hammer is bigger than your steamtank" so its not like ANOTHER ridiculously powerful legendary lord who specializes in being one man army would raise many eyebrows....

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008

Chomp8645 posted:

Yeah let's make Sigmar a lord they can reskin the Raise Dead ability to let him call in Sigmarines from orbit and land anywhere.

To be fair, Sigmar was a cool dude before the whole Age of Sigmar thing.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Lt. Lizard posted:

Eh, we already have Grimmgor Ironhide, aka " waltz to the greatest chaos champion at the height of his power, headbutt him to the ground, drop the mic and moonwalk away" and Khozrak Suneater aka " I really hope half of your army is cannons if you want to take me down, also my hammer is bigger than your steamtank" so its not like ANOTHER ridiculously powerful legendary lord who specializes in being one man army would raise many eyebrows....

I hope one of Grimmgor's victory objectives is literally headbutting Archaeon.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Short video of Irondrakes with Trollhammer Torpedos

Estranged On The Range
Oct 18, 2015

Chomp8645 posted:

:unsmith:

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Blood and Souls and all that

There's a guy at the back of the group who's looking around during the "stand still and look like a model" phase. He's confused because nobody told him they were doing that.

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted

Kaza42 posted:

There's a guy at the back of the group who's looking around during the "stand still and look like a model" phase. He's confused because nobody told him they were doing that.

I'm sure someone'll replace him with a confused john travolta irondrake

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

Chomp8645 posted:

The Codex Astartes calls this manoeuver 'Steel Rain'...

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

Tarquinn posted:

The Codex Asigmar calls this manoeuver 'Sigmarite Rain'...

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Tarquinn posted:

The Sigmar Asigmar Sigmars this Sigmar 'Sigmarite Sigmar'...

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...

Mans posted:

it's really obvious who the third lord is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIniljT5lJI

1, 2, 3.... 3 game crashing bugs! Ah-ah-ah! :drac:

madmac
Jun 22, 2010
Not really a game preview, but an interview with Game Loremaster Andy Haul

https://www.periscope.tv/w/1BRJjMjPYwRGw

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dre2Dee2 posted:

1, 2, 3.... 3 game crashing bugs! Ah-ah-ah! :drac:
:golfclap:

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
My posting is like I Love Lucy without the funny bits. Basically, WAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Triskelli posted:

Here's the blog entry on it, probably the most interesting point is that corruption causes no diplomatic penalties, so it's best to corrupt neutral or allied factions until the dead burst from the ground and take the country over for you

Haha, you'd think when the dead start to walk about people would suspect, I dunno, the only vampiric necromancer faction in the neighbourhood?

Lassitude
Oct 21, 2003

Necromancers don't require vampires to do their thing. It's not quite the 1:1 link that it might appear. Realistically there should be Chaos cultists and necromancers popping up even without explicit corruption in provinces, only they should be pretty infrequent/weak without active corruption.

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Lassitude posted:

Necromancers don't require vampires to do their thing. It's not quite the 1:1 link that it might appear. Realistically there should be Chaos cultists and necromancers popping up even without explicit corruption in provinces, only they should be pretty infrequent/weak without active corruption.

Eh, that would probably be more annoying than fun. Without outside support, the various minor cults and necromancers aren't going to become an actual threat, so it's safe to just assume that's part of normal Public Order stuff and move on to actual enemies.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Having to deal with a bajillion of tiny rebels stacks was not one of the good parts of the old Rome Total War. You really, really don't want to have it back.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

my dad posted:

Having to deal with a bajillion of tiny rebels stacks was not one of the good parts of the old Rome Total War. You really, really don't want to have it back.

They just replaced the tiny rebel stacks with tiny fleets that harass the poo poo out of you.

Lassitude
Oct 21, 2003

Kaza42 posted:

Eh, that would probably be more annoying than fun. Without outside support, the various minor cults and necromancers aren't going to become an actual threat, so it's safe to just assume that's part of normal Public Order stuff and move on to actual enemies.

Yeah I'm not really saying it should happen, just that the Empire is supposed to be rife with that poo poo even if the VCs are essentially inactive. A necromancer popping up wouldn't immediately implicate the goings-on of Sylvania, is all.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

Arcsquad12 posted:

They just replaced the tiny rebel stacks with tiny fleets that harass the poo poo out of you.

This, more than a by the else, is what makes Shogun 2 a slog for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Rygar201 posted:

This, more than a by the else, is what makes Shogun 2 a slog for me.

I wouldn't mind it so much if the autoresolve for naval battles was not ridiculously slanted in favor of the AI. Why yes, that single Kanran Maru managed to cripple two of my Ironsides and still escape. It's either putting up with that crap, or fighting five naval battles each turn manually which involves five minutes of crossing open water at 3x normal speed and then fast forwarding to the enemy ship exploding because it didn't bother to move.

• Locked thread