Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
Sort of related, the latest 7th Stand User 2 Stand New York Minute

Another ACT Stand

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
That looks like a Viewtiful Joe character

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Waffleman_ posted:

I'm not confident enough in my ability at video games.

He just told you how to do it man. Load up on HP restoratives, buff the poo poo out of your defence, then go to town on him. Sonic Youth's buffs make it probably the best Stand in the game, and if not that then one of the best 3.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Fine. :v: I have a separate save file right before the restaurant scene and I got nothing but time this week. I'll try it later this week, and if I can pull it off, it'll become the canon run.

Edit: Also, what the hell, it's spring break, probably not gonna be an update next week. I deserve this, shut up.

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Mar 20, 2016

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

GilliamYaeger posted:

He just told you how to do it man. Load up on HP restoratives, buff the poo poo out of your defence, then go to town on him. Sonic Youth's buffs make it probably the best Stand in the game, and if not that then one of the best 3.

Legit the Hidden abilities you get for Sonic Youth (because of course this game has hidden abilities) are among the most devastatingly powerful in the game.

The first is Recital, which damages all enemies including their SP and debuffs every stat while inflicting two status effects. The second is Orchestra, which buffs all allies in every stat and heals status effects

Sonic Youth may be a support stand but it turns most encounters into a joke.

EDIT: Waffle just for the record I was only joking, not actually having a go at you. I thought I indicated that with pointing out how Polnareff is actually a legitimately challenging boss and fighting him Solo is very hard. Especially since you have to sit through so many cutscenes without King Crimson.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I think I did the first Polnareff fight with my character and then ganged up on him for the last fight.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Onmi posted:

EDIT: Waffle just for the record I was only joking, not actually having a go at you. I thought I indicated that with pointing out how Polnareff is actually a legitimately challenging boss and fighting him Solo is very hard. Especially since you have to sit through so many cutscenes without King Crimson.

Oh, there goes me. Still probably gonna take a break for the week, though.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Onmi posted:

Legit the Hidden abilities you get for Sonic Youth (because of course this game has hidden abilities) are among the most devastatingly powerful in the game.

The first is Recital, which damages all enemies including their SP and debuffs every stat while inflicting two status effects. The second is Orchestra, which buffs all allies in every stat and heals status effects
Yeah but actually getting those two...ahahahaha gently caress. Even thinking about having to do it again makes me want to kill myself. It legit took me multiple hours of 'grinding' to get them. But yes after the RNG has deigned to bless you with those two abilities you're basically invincible. Even the ultimate secret bosses are nothing special after being nerfed into oblivion with Recital.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I suppose there's only so much you can do to convey speed in this engine. Polnareff just feels a little underwhelming.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Glazius posted:

I suppose there's only so much you can do to convey speed in this engine. Polnareff just feels a little underwhelming.

I thought it was a pretty clever conveyance of the after-image thing Polnareff talks up so much. :shrug:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Polnareff is a good boy.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Glazius posted:

Polnareff just feels a little underwhelming.

Well, keep in mind that you're fighting eight targets at once. And they all can make your accuracy 0% (I think?) with that Can't Find status.

It's a pretty tricky fight for how early in the game it is, especially since you don't have a chance to level up any of your party members outside of the previous two story related Stand Battles.

Old Man Mozz
Apr 24, 2005

I posted.
Hot Dr. Pepper is also kind of a "Texas thing", usually with some lemon in it. though I haven't heard about many people doing it lately

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

Old Man Mozz posted:

Hot Dr. Pepper is also kind of a "Texas thing", usually with some lemon in it. though I haven't heard about many people doing it lately

I dated a girl in Arkansas who did the Hot Dr. Pepper thing. Dr. Pepper, lemon, and honey.

Also every time I start to type Ark- whatever, I instinctively start typing Arkham. I've been playing those games too long.

Heavy Sigh
Nov 13, 2011

They've planted corn everywhere.

Soiled Meat
Next time on The Seventh Stand User Extras:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

:stare:

I think I heard of this before, but I never triggered that in my game.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Heavy Sigh posted:

Is that a reference to the infamous Shin Megami Tensei urban legend?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Well, the LP Curse hit me. I had to refresh my OS and lost Seventh Stand User in the process. So the LP's gonna be on a bit of a hiatus for a bit while I catch up. I might still be able to get SFC updates out, since I didn't lose that stuff (but need to reinstall Directx)

I STILL HAVE IT!

I just need to reinstall my fonts and midi driver!

It'll probably just be another week while I get everything settled.

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Mar 26, 2016

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Thats sucks, don't rush it!

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Waffleman_ posted:

Well, the LP Curse hit me. I had to refresh my OS and lost Seventh Stand User in the process. So the LP's gonna be on a bit of a hiatus for a bit while I catch up. I might still be able to get SFC updates out, since I didn't lose that stuff (but need to reinstall Directx)

I STILL HAVE IT!

I just need to reinstall my fonts and midi driver!

It'll probably just be another week while I get everything settled.

You'll be back just in time for the Diamond is Unbreakable anime to start coming down the pipes. :v:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Debating whether to write up an update in Duwang.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
get a feeling so complicated

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Heavy Sigh posted:

I DO NOT REMEMBER THIS

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
You already went for Italian peppering, finish the trip with Duwang.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Waffleman_ posted:

It actually comes up in the series proper, where I think Joseph reacts to it with disgust, which is what I was referring to.

But it does sound like a seriously unpleasant experience.

I made what seems like that at home, Coke, heated up to let the carbonation out, with lemon and ginger, and it was honestly pretty good. Not something I'd make every day, but definitely an enjoyable cold remedy. The sugar and caffeine in the Coke help with energy, ginger and lemon give it bite, and lemon+Coke is a winning combination any day of the week.

Heavy Sigh posted:

Pokemon Black remake looking good.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

This entire thread cannot be hot soda opinions, I refuse!

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Waffleman_ posted:

This entire thread cannot be hot soda opinions, I refuse!

How about cold coffee and cold tea? I hear they are pretty good :v:

Also, good luck with your computer bullshit. Take as much time as you need to make sure all your stuff is in order for you, before getting back to providing free entertainment.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Like I said, none of my actual files were affected, so really all I have to do is get the text font, my midi driver, OBS, Irfanview, and Notepad++.

I'll put up something fun with existing assets for this weekend.

Heavy Sigh
Nov 13, 2011

Soiled Meat
The Seventh Stand User: What We Missed Part 2: Explosive Flavour

Welcome! For this update we will be utilizing the power of NAPALM DEATH, with our average young man Shane!

The food here is terrible.

First off, let's head outside to meet some new friends!

Like this man here! However, he seems a bit shy, so we'll come back later.

Close by is an injured man, but since our Stand only makes things explode, we can't do him any good. (Bring Cardigans and he'll give you a free Anchovy Pizza)

This man isn't injured, just choking to death. Unfortunately, NAPALM DEATH does us no good here either. (Cardigans or Deep Purple, however, would score us a free Foo Fightalin)

Now, if we had Miracles, we could just read this guy's mind to find out where he hides his ill-gotten gains. But there's an easy way around that little problem.

Since nearby is this little dog running around.

Game: …? There's something in the dog's collar...

Game: Got 500g!

Miracles would've exposed this secret to us, but since we already know about it we don't need it.

Here is a beggar who asks for 1g from you every time you talk to him. Give him 11g and he'll break down in tears, handing you a Crazy DX and good feelings worth far more than that.

I should do things like this more often.

While a combustion engine does rely on explosions to work, I can't just ride around with you forever. (Carpenters would fix this and get us an Echoesterol in the process.)

Hm? Who's this chef looking guy running around?

Hey you!

GET BACK HERE!

Chef Man runs extremely fast and is nearly impossible to catch unless you corner him.

Like here.

...This explosive flavour...

...Gives me an idea!

This is Tonio. Tonio sells extremely good food that heals far more than any regular healing item and is one source of revival items. Buying his main course also gives you exp and random statboosts. It is entirely possible to go from level 1 to max if you have enough cash.

However, Tonio only shows up in certain places on certain days, and finding him becomes increasingly hard as you continue through the game, not to mention his prices shooting up. The biggest problem though is that aside from the water, none of his items can be used in battle.

Ah, Hello sir are you feeling less shy today?

oh you are leaving now that's fine too.

Maybe I'll see him again someday.

(I checked the Kira fight using Napalm Death but got no special dialogue. Maybe it is linked to certain questions during stand creation?)

Now with that out of the way, lets get to Polnareff. (There's also a souvenir shop on the east end of town, but all we can get there are pandas and tea sets, so there isn't much point right now.)

Now for this we have a few options. Having Abdul fight Polnareff will raise his FP, but only if he wins, and will have a chance of dropping an Experience Tablet. Having someone else do it changes absolutely nothing, and ganging up on him will drop your FP with everyone in the party AND drop your karma by -2. Ganging up on an honorable man is what an Evil soul would do.

Now for the second fight, if we have Abdul do it himself, he'll get an extra level and another hundred hp to do the fight, which makes it fairly easy, especially if you can inflict Burns on Polnareff, which will take him out in short order as he will waste turns clearing the status effect while you nuke his health down with Magician's Red. Since the Silver Chariot clones don't actually have much power behind them Abdul's enhanced stats and all target attacks completely neuter them. Really, they're just here to cover for Polnareff and to occasionally inflict status effects to make you either waste a turn being stunned or bleeding to death. You can also use Brainstorm to immediately end the battle, but you won't get any rewards for it.

Having everyone gang up on him will, unlike the first battle, have no effect on karma or FP. Honor's nice, but comes second to saving your friends from a superior foe.

Fighting him yourself is not recommended as unless you have really high defense or a boatload of status conditions to inflict Polnareff will cut you apart before you can take him down. This is doubly true in Hard Mode as Polnareff gains the ability to heal himself.

Plus, Abdul gets the same drops as the protagonist fight, so unless you've grinding like a fool, Abdul is the superior choice for getting the Echoesterol.

Then, once you've won...

Game: Abdul threw a knife to Polnareff!

Burning to death must be unimaginably painful...Use that to end your suffering.

…No...I'll die this way. Committing suicide would be a disservice... Let this be a testament to your strength.

!... Amazing... You really are a noble warrior to the very end. With Dio's flesh bud in you, I would have expected you to throw the dagger at me... Your sense of honor transcends even his influence! Killing you would be a waste...

And this is where the ending for all three scenes meet back up to continue the plot.

So that's all for Hong Kong!

If that's the case, I think I'm going to take a nap. All that food is making me feel pretty sleepy, so I'll just go to the hotel room.

Time is not really on our side, but one day won't make a difference.

...This is not the hotel room I was sleeping in.

There are no lights in here, but I can still see? I can hear it raining outside, too...

This crystal...I can see...Jotaro? Maybe if I touch it, I'll wake up?

! It shattered!

There's something else here!

Hello everyone and welcome to what we missed, part 3! In this update, we-

What was that? And why am I back here?

Nothing works...I can't even see out the window.

...A home with three rooms and no exits. Is this a Stand User's doing? Maybe they're hiding here to attack me!

! NAPALM DEATH!

...Napalm Death just went right through it.

It's not a Stand.

...I can't move.

It's laughing at me.

The eyes are gone now.

I can't feel my body anymore.

...I hope the Joestars can defeat Dio without me.

I'm sorry I wasn't more help to you, Jotaro.

Goodbye.

Heavy Sigh fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Mar 29, 2016

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Have to give it credit, that was a pretty bizarre incident.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

The injured man is saying the name of Freu's Stand, so it's pretty clear that he's one of his victims.

Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

Now, everybody, walk like a Jekhar.

(God, these running animations are terrible.)
So all I got from that is that sleeping at the inn in Hong Kong is a Bad Idea™. Are there any triggers or anything for it, or is it just sleep at Hong Kong inn, then creepypasta time?

Heavy Sigh
Nov 13, 2011

Soiled Meat

Sordas Volantyr posted:

So all I got from that is that sleeping at the inn in Hong Kong is a Bad Idea™. Are there any triggers or anything for it, or is it just sleep at Hong Kong inn, then creepypasta time?

It's a 1 out of every 65536 times chance to occur in any bed, which leads me to believe it is a reference to the urban legend of Shin Megami Tensei's TURNITOFF screen.

I just got it during a stream, which is why the images are way bigger all of a sudden.

there is one place where you get far better odds though.

I really gotta stop getting my protags killed like this though.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I never triggered that event, mainly because I avoided hotels. I am very glad that I did. :stare:

Also, if you refuse to go with the Joestars to Egypt, you get booted back to the title screen with the character wondering how Jotaro's journey went and whether he survived.

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

I've never even heard of that before. :stare: Do you just get kicked back to the title screen once that's over?

Since those odds are so low, it's not too surprising that there's 0 information about that event anywhere I checked too. Congratulations??

Rama of Ra
Sep 7, 2005
~Where's Sitka? Right about the middle of your thumb.~
I'm really hoping the screen killed him and made him restart because an RNG insta-gib mechanic is fabulous imo.

ALMOST DONE WITH STARDUST CRUSADERS!! So excited for the new opening/ending pieces with the new season.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Episode 4/1: Crazy Noisy Bizarre Town

Sotry so far...

Speedwagon meddles! Let's playing game!

Jotaro Jojo! Escape prison!

No, Grandfather. I have the evil sprite.

Abday! Toss him out!

Wizard Crimson!

He opened the door!

That's a ghostly ripple! Look at this!

Dio has Joey Jojo Grandpa body! Abday and I will stay.

My name is (you don't need to remember) Rukia Zigzag.

You have ghostly ripple!

啊!

Noisy nurse office!

I am Tenmei Kakyoin! Die for Lordio!

啊啊啊啊啊啊啊!

I will join you, Jotaro Jojo.

Holy fell down!

She has ghostly ripple!

My ghostly ripple says go to Egypt!

I come too!

Kabutomushi on plane!

Masenko!

It's a ghostly ripple!

啊啊啊啊啊啊啊!

Plane is not crash.

What a beautiful Fragrant Harbor! (sip hot coke)

My name is Polarbear. I look for movie star.

He has ghostly ripple! I can fight!

Brave brave!

Now we fight!

啊啊啊啊啊啊啊!

We need canoe.

Happy April Fool's Day and happy Diamond is Unbreakable premiere!

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Apr 1, 2016

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Get a feeling so complicated...

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
i forgot how badly translated rpgs were back in the early 90's

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agent Interrobang
Mar 27, 2010

sugar & spice & psychoactive mushrooms

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Get a feeling so complicated...

I feel you! I feel you deeply! your feeling I can feel deeply!!

• Locked thread