Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

i am always amazed at how perfectly appropriate this is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Is it a groverhaus?

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

theflyingorc posted:

i am always amazed at how perfectly appropriate this is

The first person to stumble onto that thing after Groverhaus became a thing must have loving hyperventilated.

Rama of Ra
Sep 7, 2005
~Where's Sitka? Right about the middle of your thumb.~
Soylent memes is people

Kobold eBooks
Mar 5, 2007

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AN OPEN PALM SLAM A CARTRIDGE IN THE SUPER FAMICOM. ITS E-ZEAO AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE THE MAIN CHARACTER, CORPORAL FALCOM.

tactlessbastard posted:

We've got top veterinarians on the case...Yep, the horse is now a fine paste.

Tiny Lowtax posted:

:regd08:

Leave it goons to beat a dead horse years after it's death.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Got any ancient latin loss memes?

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

china bot has a new favorite as of 23:55 on Mar 29, 2016

computer angel
Sep 9, 2008

Make it a double.

Tony Phillips posted:

The first person to stumble onto that thing after Groverhaus became a thing must have loving hyperventilated.

Can someone explain this and that Grover meme.

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

Cosima posted:

this is what the SAclopedia is for. G is for groverhaus

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Cosima posted:

Once upon a time, there was a SA mod named Grover. Grover wanted a new house, and rather than buy one like a normal person he instead purchase land and built the house on his own. Parts of his building process were documented on the forums and it was clear that he had no idea what he was doing and made tons of errors. So goons like to joke about his house being a ramshackle disaster. It became known as Groverhaus.

In reality, its mostly stable. Just aesthetically hideous and with some lurking problems that will could kill someone.

FirstPlayer
Jan 1, 2007

Beat me up and earn
fifteen respect points

Cosima posted:

The original thread

Sadly all the pictures were on waffleimages, but there's an album that has most of the infamous ones here.

Basically a mod wanted to renovate and did just about everything wrong. When his poo poo failed inspection massively, his solution was to obtain an inspector license rather than do anything the right way.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
How do you think houses happen if you think it's abnormal to build them?

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

SpacePig posted:

I wonder how long a meme thread would last if reposts weren't allowed. Fresh memes only.

A meme, by definition, cannot be fresh. A fresh meme is little more than a funny picture and therefore should be posted in the funny pictures thread. :spergin:

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

PCOS Bill posted:

How do you think houses happen if you think it's abnormal to build them?

Its not abnormal for a house to be built. It is abnormal for the person building that house to have zero experience and cut tons of corners because they think they know better than professionals that tell them otherwise.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Internet Kraken posted:

Its not abnormal for a house to be built. It is abnormal for the person building that house to have zero experience and cut tons of corners because they think they know better than professionals that tell them otherwise.

Oh god you're adorable. No it isn't.

Nor is it abnormal for the professionals being the ones cutting corners they shouldn't.

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

and thusly my preconceived notions about house construction have been shattered in the memes thread. tell us more about how every house in america is a deathtrap waiting to kill its inhabitants

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS

Internet Kraken posted:

My mom and dad built our family home when I was a teen, but my dad had lots of construction experience and had pros (that were friends or relatives) do the parts he wasn't certified to do. It was a pretty basic no-frills house, but it was nice enough and pretty solid. That's my house building story, thanks for reading. :tipshat:

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

i can read cyrillic but I don't understand enough russian to figure out how to use the ostagram thing

please help

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

PCOS Bill posted:

Nor is it abnormal for the professionals being the ones cutting corners they shouldn't.

You're right, it totally makes sense to build a window at knee height at the bottom of the staircase. #GroverDidNothingWrong

Goons will try to defend the weirdest poo poo.

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal

PCOS Bill posted:

Window at the bottom of the stairs, outlets in random places in the floor, the inexplicable need for insulation under the stairs, melted siding because the grill was too close to the house comes to mind

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Internet Kraken posted:

You're right, it totally makes sense to build a window at knee height at the bottom of the staircase. #GroverDidNothingWrong

Goons will try to defend the weirdest poo poo.

Keep your words out of my mouth and learn to read.

Judge Schnoopy posted:

Window at the bottom of the stairs, outlets in random places in the floor, the inexplicable need for insulation under the stairs, melted siding because the grill was too close to the house comes to mind

gently caress, TWO of you?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Trebuchet King posted:

i can read cyrillic but I don't understand enough russian to figure out how to use the ostagram thing

please help

You need a vkontakte account that is older than three years.

Should I create a thread and take some requests maybe?

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

PCOS Bill posted:

Keep your words out of my mouth and learn to read.

And then when they realize they hosed up defending something stupid, they try and deflect in the most pathetic way.

Its okay, just move on.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Scarf posted:

am I the only one who wants the forbidden-meme-rule put back into effect for loss?

:siren:Brojo alt detected:siren:

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Internet Kraken posted:

And then when they realize they hosed up defending something stupid, they try and deflect in the most pathetic way.

Its okay, just move on.

I didn't defend anything you mouth breather. I mocked him for thinking this is a unique occurrence to have such a hosed up house.

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

Paladinus posted:

You need a vkontakte account that is older than three years.

Should I create a thread and take some requests maybe?

that might not be a bad idea

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

PCOS Bill posted:

I didn't defend anything you mouth breather. I mocked him for thinking this is a unique occurrence to have such a hosed up house.

As a person who lives in a house, I

Rama of Ra
Sep 7, 2005
Yah, it's not like he's defending anyone. I agree it's not crazy. Both in Hawaii and Alaska I've run into non-professionals doing their own work a lot. I guess it's weird if you haven't seen it, but Ive chilled in enough houses made out of Matson containers/whatever that I don't find it weird.

(Not to mention just look at any house built at the beginning of the last century. No one cared until relatively recently)

E: for example, the last house I lived in, all the wiring insulation was still hemp fiber.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

I too don't find loss funny. So there.

And I miss the forbidden meme thing. It was fun.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Matoi Ryuko posted:

:siren:Brojo alt detected:siren:

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Trebuchet King posted:

that might not be a bad idea

Done.
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3770267

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Hyperlynx posted:

I too don't find loss funny. So there.

And I miss the forbidden meme thing. It was fun.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Rama of Ra
Sep 7, 2005
Snek bet benn

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

"Heck off" and "I'm doin' a leave" cracks me up way too much.

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop
bring bek snek meme

budgieinspector
Mar 24, 2006

According to my research,
these would appear to be
Budgerigars.

Adbot