Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

Madkal posted:

So an entire other earth knows that Barry is the Flash but he would never admit it to his own girlfriend. At least they're was that ice cream scene.

In the Arrowverse, it is important to hide things from the people you love the most, but be ok with letting everyone else know or figure out your deep dark secrets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

When you're trapped in an alternate dimension you do what you have to in order to gain the locals' trust.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Barry managed to visit an alternate Earth without being responsible for the death of someone!

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Rhyno posted:

Barry managed to visit an alternate Earth without being responsible for the death of someone!

Give it time, it'll turn out the ice cream was laced with a slow acting poison.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Hearing the Flash motif in the Supergirl/Flash meeting was pretty awesome.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Madkal posted:

Having the Flash run fast and getbice cream and Kara shouting "yes" has made this episode my favourite.

Uh it was more YES!!!!!!!!

And I like how the first thing Barry did was try to grab Supergirls boobs.

But yes, all the stuff with the both of them was fantastic.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Total outside perspective: I tried to watch the Supergirl/Flash crossover episode, having not seen any of Supergirl or The Flash. I ended up skipping through it after a while because jesus was there a bunch of boring interpersonal drama in between the cool bits.

I mean, I didn't know any of the characters so I wasn't going to be invested in them anyway, but I can't imagine any scenario where I'd be into those scenes as written.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

feedmyleg posted:

Total outside perspective: I tried to watch the Supergirl/Flash crossover episode, having not seen any of Supergirl or The Flash. I ended up skipping through it after a while because jesus was there a bunch of boring interpersonal drama in between the cool bits.
That's how I watched it too! If Supergirl & Flash together or Cat wasn't onscreen, I just zipped past.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

At long last my plan to ruin XO's life has come to fruition....

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

zoux posted:

Just hire Doc and Jackson back to run the show.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Ben Edlund wrote the best comedy Supernatural episodes, maybe they just mean the jokes will be darker rather than it will be less funny.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

The grounded part worries me. Does it mean there won't be a guy with a chair for a face?

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.
No but he can have a chair carved into his face, by his mother, who he later killed, with a chair, to the face!

I'd be fine with a darker Tick as long as it's to the point of parody.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

zoux posted:

Well you've failed miserably then.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

X-O posted:

Well you've failed miserably then.

Ah was I too late?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

zoux posted:

Ah was I too late?

No, it doesn't bother me at all. If the creator of the character wants to do something a little different with it I'm fine with that. Also I'm not that attached to The Tick anyway. In fact I didn't even care about it until the lead was announced.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

A superhero comedy show poking fun at grim dark, "grounded" superhero shows and movies would be great. There's potential there.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

X-O posted:

No, it doesn't bother me at all. If the creator of the character wants to do something a little different with it I'm fine with that. Also I'm not that attached to The Tick anyway. In fact I didn't even care about it until the lead was announced.

One day I will find the casting news that undoes you...

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
The Tick already ripped off grimdark heroes. The guy's name was Barry

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

My favorite Tick episode was the one where Sewer Urchin turned into a HSLD badass once they actually got in the sewer.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
I imagine they mean "darker" and more "grounded" like the original run of the comic, which was still hilarious and ridiculous.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

twistedmentat posted:

I know they're all friends, and Jackson Publick wrote the Tick: Karma Tornado comics (as Christopher McCullough), but did Doc and Jackson work on either Tick show? I didn't know that!

SaintFu
Aug 27, 2006

Where's your god now?
After this last season of Daredevil, it seems like the perfect time to adapt "Night of a Million Zillion Ninjas."

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

I know they're all friends, and Jackson Publick wrote the Tick: Karma Tornado comics (as Christopher McCullough), but did Doc and Jackson work on either Tick show? I didn't know that!

Jackson Publick wrote for both Tick shows.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

twistedmentat posted:

I'd rather not have 8 episodes seasons every 3 years

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

feedmyleg posted:

I mean, I didn't know any of the characters so I wasn't going to be invested in them anyway, but I can't imagine any scenario where I'd be into those scenes as written.

I'm in the same boat. I didn't skip around, but man was it a struggle. The relationship drama somehow managed to be worse than on the Flash and I'm not sure how that's possible.

Also the end to that final fight was laughably terrible.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

SaintFu posted:

After this last season of Daredevil, it seems like the perfect time to adapt "Night of a Million Zillion Ninjas."

It'd probably have better fight scenes.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Can we talk about that loving hole in Daredevil and why they never mentioned it again?

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Rhyno posted:

Can we talk about that loving hole in Daredevil and why they never mentioned it again?

Ninjas are mysterious dude. You don't know ninjas. I'm sure they had ninja reasons.

Comedy Option: they're building an access tunnel to the Technodrome.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I'm sure the answer will be super satisfying when they totally address it next season.

Wasn't the explanation of what a Black Sky is super great? That didn't deflate the weight of the mystery one bit.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Rhyno posted:

I cannot believe how many people are bent out of shape over this loving hole.

OR

"I havent seen this many people upset about a giant gaping hole since your mother cancelled nickel night on her corner."

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

zoux posted:

I cannot believe how many people are bent out of shape over this loving hole.

OR

"I havent seen this many people upset about a giant gaping hole since your mother cancelled nickel night on her corner."

Why make it the focus of half of a loving episode if they're never going to bring it up again?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Why make it the focus of half of a loving episode if they're never going to bring it up again?

I mean it's just another cog in their evil nefarious ninja plot. We didn't know what the gently caress the kid was last season but they explained it in this one.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

The kid at least figured into the plot of that episode, killing him vs. not killing him provoked Matt's confrontation with Stick and furthered the overall seasonal theme of how far he was willing to go in his pursuit of vigilante justice. The hole was just... a big hole in the ground inside a warehouse, and then oh crap zombie ninjas!

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

McSpanky posted:

The kid at least figured into the plot of that episode, killing him vs. not killing him provoked Matt's confrontation with Stick and furthered the overall seasonal theme of how far he was willing to go in his pursuit of vigilante justice. The hole was just... a big hole in the ground inside a warehouse, and then oh crap zombie ninjas!

Which ties into the first season as it was the building where their friend was murdered since she would not leave

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

bobkatt013 posted:

Which ties into the first season as it was the building where their friend was murdered since she would not leave

Wait, did they state this in the episode?

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Rhyno posted:

They said something about how Fisk was buying up the properties, not for himself, but for the Hand. Then they wanted to know what the Hand wanted with the land, which lead them to the hole I guess? That bit is a bit fuzzy for me.

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

Rhyno posted:

Not explicitly, but in the first season episodes Nobu/The Hand really want that particular block which includes the tenement the old lady died in. When Fisk tries to steer him towards another block in Hell's Kitchen, Nobu says no way and that they absolutely must have that specific block.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Right, it's ultimately just another breadcrumb on the trail to the Hand, which is even worse when it's the basis of an episode cliffhanger and proves to be ultimately of minimal importance either plotwise or thematically.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

I thought they did explain the hole? Wasn't there a whole bit about how they used the old railroads further below ground to enter the city without anyone noticing? I figured it was just that.