Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

pmchem posted:

I'm about 20 hours into my first vanilla playthrough. Mods I'd want, off the top of my head:

1. Craftable ammo
2. Fusion core recharging (or crafting)
3. Craftable stimpacks
4. Drive-able vehicles (e.g. motorcycles, tanks)

How many of those exist or are in the works?

4. http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/7613

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Release the g*ddamn CK!! Who cares about the robot DLC that is essentially the same as a New Vegas mod.

They learned their lesson from Hearthfire it seems.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Thanks for the mod tips; looks like fusion core crafting mod is avail but not updated since Nov. Maybe when GECK comes out we'll get more on that and vehicle front.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

lmao

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
Survival mode overhaul is up on steam beta. pretty neat so far!

Trying mods: Is anyone able to run the Fo4 beta through Mod Organizer? It seems to start them just stops without launching.

LumberingTroll fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Mar 29, 2016

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I'm using Nexus launcher for mods and it loads the game, but tells me no mods are loaded when I try to load my save.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
Apparently Bethesderp completely disabled mods for the Survival Beta.

Ive been playing it, I like a lot of it, but drat, I dont feel like I do more damage, at level 2 it taking 6 - 8 shots of a 10mm to kill a bloat fly, and they kill me in 4 - 5, a Raider insta-gibs me with a single Molotov as well.

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Does anyone know of a mod that fixes reflex/glow sights so that the targeting dot/circle shows up during stealth? I have a piece of chameleon gear so it makes everything invisible when I stop and take aim, it's really annoying.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

LumberingTroll posted:

Apparently Bethesderp completely disabled mods for the Survival Beta.

When testing a beta patch you don't want half a million bug reports generated because some rear end in a top hat's titty hatsune miku deathclaw mod is incompatible with the beta.

Cirosan
Jan 3, 2012

Speaking of which, Full Dialogue Interface has been updated to support said beta Survival Mode. Also, since I saw someone asking about it earlier in the thread: I've since put up a manual install option and updated the instructions for doing so. It kinda fell through the cracks during the jump to 1.4.

Debating whether or not I should do more work on Traits and More Perks when the release of the GECK is (allegedly) close at hand and all work will have to be redone with that.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Magmarashi posted:

hatsune miku deathclaw mod

Gonna need someone to link me to this, or make it if it doesn't already exist.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

Cirosan posted:

Debating whether or not I should do more work on Traits and More Perks when the release of the GECK is (allegedly) close at hand and all work will have to be redone with that.

Barring the GECK coming with some unforeseen completely new way of doing things, I don't imagine you'll have to redo your work. You'll probably be able to open your existing esp in it and keep plugging away, probably with some new functionality.
--------------
Debating whether I want to try the survival overhaul beta. I like the sound of everything in it but mods are disabled, and I've gotten too used to everything I use. Hopefully won't take long for the dust to settle and things to be made compatible again.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

I made a mod I had been meaning to get around to making for a while. It changes 'Idiot Savant' to 'Fool's Fortune' because I felt it made more sense as a name overall. That's all it does.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/11481

Maybe later I'll make it spawn Deathclaws in low-level zones or something else cringe-worthy like a proper nexus modder.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Dongicus posted:

Release the g*ddamn CK!! Who cares about the robot DLC that is essentially the same as a New Vegas mod.

They learned their lesson from Hearthfire it seems.

I'm slowly becoming suspicious that they'll never actually release the GECK. I mean, how long after release did Skyrim get its kit, and how long after the game did the first DLC come out? Far as I can ballpark, they're really behind schedule on the important one of those.

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE

Cleretic posted:

I'm slowly becoming suspicious that they'll never actually release the GECK. I mean, how long after release did Skyrim get its kit, and how long after the game did the first DLC come out? Far as I can ballpark, they're really behind schedule on the important one of those.

I'm pretty sure that if Bethesda announces that they aren't going to release the GECK after all, the modding scene will immediately start work on hacking the Skyrim editor to support FO4 files.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
They have already said the GECK will be released some time in April. put your tinfoil hats away.

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Iirc, the creation kit didn't come out until 5-6 months after the game released. It was a long time and the exact same "They're never going to release it" talk happened.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

QuantaStarFire posted:

Iirc, the creation kit didn't come out until 5-6 months after the game released. It was a long time and the exact same "They're never going to release it" talk happened.

If the CK and DLC don't come out at exactly the same interval as the last Bethesda games did, everyone loses their goddamn minds

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

QuantaStarFire posted:

Does anyone know of a mod that fixes reflex/glow sights so that the targeting dot/circle shows up during stealth? I have a piece of chameleon gear so it makes everything invisible when I stop and take aim, it's really annoying.

Yes, I do. however, do you use DEF_INV or stuff like that, because it replaces the same stuff, frustratingly.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/6933/

Cirosan posted:

Speaking of which, Full Dialogue Interface has been updated to support said beta Survival Mode. Also, since I saw someone asking about it earlier in the thread: I've since put up a manual install option and updated the instructions for doing so. It kinda fell through the cracks during the jump to 1.4.

Your mod is one of the most popular on the nexus and yet does not feature catgirls with double d tata's, I am impressed, (I've been using it practically since it was posted.)

Oh, and I guess hold off until the next dlc & geck are out to save yourself the hassle?

staberind fucked around with this message at 07:22 on Mar 30, 2016

obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
bethesda said the F4CK will be out between the first two DLC releases

CruzerZERO
May 8, 2007

Oh man, what a bummer
Anyone know if there's a way to get experience from your companion's kills without having to do damage to that enemy beforehand?

I started messing around with the unlimited automatron followers feature from a nexus mod and now that I am a RoboLord commanding my own death squad of cute robot minions, they're doing the job amazingly well and I barely get a chance to score the xp on the kills. (Link to the mod if anyone wants: http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/11213/)

I've searched around but the only thing I've seen so far is a mod to reduce the amount of damage to deal to an enemy down to 1 point to get the credit. I'm thinking it may be something that can be done only when the GECK is out. :shrug:

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Magmarashi posted:

If the CK and DLC don't come out at exactly the same interval as the last Bethesda games did, everyone loses their goddamn minds

Morrowind shipped with its editor.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
Here ya go guys!

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/11479/

Enable mods in the beta. Kinda

LumberingTroll fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Mar 30, 2016

Mosnar
Apr 21, 2007
Dropping Heavy Things From High Places, LLC

LumberingTroll posted:

Here ya go guys!

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/11479/

Enable mods in the beta. Kinda

Saw that: made me nervous for no good reason.

Path I took to get my mods back - opt out of beta programs via Steam (there were two places I had to uncheck that entry), noticed a nefarious download coming in and installing, my Fallout 4 was no longer listed as beta, and roll back to an earlier version of N4SE.

Unexpected result: can't load a save from the "newer" version. Took me a fair bit back in the story line but doesn't appear that I lost any equipment or alliances. Weird. Also, Mechanical Menace is now starting all over again.

Would love to hear more about the "kinda" ..

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
Its janky you have to run a bat file to load the esp files individually, and you cant use esms.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/11500/

A fix for Professor Goodfeels (so he stops loving disappearing), and ALSO you can modify him with the Automatron workbench. Basically, this is the perfect mod.

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

the kill radius on these legendary robots self destruct explosion is ridiculous.

Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...

Reason posted:

I'm using Nexus launcher for mods and it loads the game, but tells me no mods are loaded when I try to load my save.

I have this problem, even though I didn't opt into the beta. I still have a 400MB+ update in Steam.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

LumberingTroll posted:

Its janky you have to run a bat file to load the esp files individually, and you cant use esms.

lol jesus christ loving nerds can't wait a week or be arsed to properly test anything

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

staberind posted:

Your mod is one of the most popular on the nexus and yet does not feature catgirls with double d tata's

Yet.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Man Whore posted:

the kill radius on these legendary robots self destruct explosion is ridiculous.

Are you using the weapon balance overhaul from the op? Cause I was getting absurdly huge and deadly self-destructing robots in automatron until I disabled it. I think it's cause their self-destructs use the same stats as the fatman, which were heavily buffed by the mod.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Magmarashi posted:

I made a mod I had been meaning to get around to making for a while. It changes 'Idiot Savant' to 'Fool's Fortune' because I felt it made more sense as a name overall. That's all it does.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/11481

Maybe later I'll make it spawn Deathclaws in low-level zones or something else cringe-worthy like a proper nexus modder.

Replace the junk houses in sanctuary with closed oblivion gates.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Captain McStabbin posted:

Are you using the weapon balance overhaul from the op? Cause I was getting absurdly huge and deadly self-destructing robots in automatron until I disabled it. I think it's cause their self-destructs use the same stats as the fatman, which were heavily buffed by the mod.

Even the vanilla ones are pretty big just because they use the fatman stats. I killed one without knowing that in a subway, and BOY that went poorly.

Deadly Mongoose
May 27, 2006

Please give me terrible avatar that is awesome
Has anyone tried any mods that allow for on demand large attacks on your settlements?

Defending the castle is cool and I would like to see that happen at other settlements.

7seven7
May 19, 2006

I barfed because you looked in my eyes!
I would also as well like this.

Nien
Apr 29, 2013
Are all settlement expansion mods still tied to charisma? None that I've tried get around this.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

Deadly Mongoose posted:

Has anyone tried any mods that allow for on demand large attacks on your settlements?

Defending the castle is cool and I would like to see that happen at other settlements.

You might try this
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/11091/

though I think there might also be a Pokeball portable version floating around somewhere

MinorRed
Jul 27, 2011

Captain McStabbin posted:

That would make sense, because it looks like the self-destructing robots have a fatman in their inventory.

Cirosan
Jan 3, 2012

Full Dialogue Interface has been updated to Beta10. Shamelessly copying from the included documentation:

This represents an important milestone for the mod, as the restoration of old-school dialogue systems has been fully realized by replacing all dialogue choices in the game with dialogue choices from Fallout 3. (see it in action here: http://i.imgur.com/Rz2iFKv.jpg )

However, international support for the mod will continue regardless. In these cases, rather than replacing the dialogue with responses from Fallout 3, international versions of Beta10 harken back to even older literary traditions by replacing dialogue with relevant excerpts from that region's most influential and important thinkers. For instance, in the German translation, the standard Inquire/Maybe/Affirmative/Negative dialogue pattern has been replaced with the pattern of Kant/Hegel/Nietzsche/Heidegger, which I'm sure you'll agree matches the original intent of the paraphrased options perfectly. (see the German translation in action here: http://i.imgur.com/ckInkRD.jpg )

Unfortunately, this total overhaul means the installation process for Beta10 is more complicated than previous versions. But don't worry, detailed instructions are provided:
First, download the file "(All languages) Beta10 update suite" from the mod's downloads tab. Inside you will find the file "Survey.pdf" - print this out, complete it, then mail it to the hospital in which you were born. If you were born before the Darkening, mailing the survey to your local druid grove will suffice. Be sure to answer all questions honestly - otherwise the new version may not install properly!

After 6-8 business weeks, you will receive a flash drive with your personalized Beta10 files pre-loaded on it. You can make sure the flash drive is yours by checking the side of the device - it should have your social security number and bloodtype engraved on it in cuneiform.

Please note that after installing Beta10, your HDD/SSD will become impervious to normal fire. You will also have to engrave a thrice-sealed circle on your HDD/SSD to avoid the known issue of all in-game audio being replaced with a recitation of your greatest fears in the voice of the person you love most. This issue will be resolved in Beta11.

Known issues:
- In-game audio is replaced with a recitation of your greatest fears in the voice of the person you love most (workaround detailed above)
- No system can protect you from yourself
- Your choice of installation does not imply any importance or permanence to any choices, past or future, made over the course of your life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

:golfclap:

• Locked thread