Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Headless lady is Celty Sturluson from "Durarara!!", the man on the toilet is art based on a song called Toilet no Kamisama (God in the Toilet), and the girl with the Christmas Tree on her head is apparently original. Whoops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Butt Ox posted:

Oh, it's Touhou? I had hoped it was Ladybaby :smith:
Nah, that fanart predates Ladybaby by like 5 years.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

One more: A Classic.

Swedish Horror
Jan 16, 2013

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete

Concordat has a new favorite as of 03:03 on Jan 28, 2017

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I approve of interpretations of how certain pokemon fly.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

thank you for these, friend

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
gently caress, E.Y.E. is SO GOOD

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

i am not of the understanding crowd for this particular string of images

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

It's a meh Deus Ex. Admittedly, the designs are metal as hell.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

BillmasterCozb posted:

here's your explanation

Epoxy Bulletin
Sep 7, 2009

delikpate that thing!

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

BillmasterCozb posted:

It is a game where you can hack doors to open them, but the door can fight back by hacking you. Also you can upgrade your character so that you can kill enemies by jumping on them. Maybe also summon ghost wolves. I think. It's all not very clear.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Am I the only one who had no idea what the heck was going on in E.Y.E. besides the tangible reward of many brouzoufs.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...

I approve of this SJW bullshit.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

El Burbo posted:

Am I the only one who had no idea what the heck was going on in E.Y.E. besides the tangible reward of many brouzoufs.

i killed the leader of my guild(?) over and over because i got to keep the experience even when his guards killed me. that's what was going on.

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

if you like my dumb posts, you'll love my dumb youtube channel

El Burbo posted:

You seriously have to play the game a minimum of 3-4 times for it to actually approach beginning making sense, wherein you find out it's all some kind of regret-based looping nightmare.

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay
EYE chat sustains me. I actually made that Rick and Morty edit, neat to see it making the rounds.

Rama of Ra
Sep 7, 2005
~Where's Sitka? Right about the middle of your thumb.~

Hi there, MyHighSchoolFantasy.

Oh, days long past...

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

:psyduck:

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
EYE is like Deadly Premonition in that it's something you 100% have to experience in your life and everyone should play it, but also in that it's loving garbage.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Pomp posted:

EYE is like Deadly Premonition in that it's something you 100% have to experience in your life and everyone should play it, but also in that it's loving garbage.

Fun, memorable garbage though.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Schnedwob posted:

EYE chat sustains me. I actually made that Rick and Morty edit, neat to see it making the rounds.

Excellent work btw

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Schnedwob posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECEz3a4GErE

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Ramos posted:

It's a meh Deus Ex. Admittedly, the designs are metal as hell.

It's really not like Deus Ex at all. The only similarities are that they're both Cyberpunk FPSRPGs. They play completely differently, the plots are radically different in every way, the visual design is extremely different. It's obviously Deus Ex inspired, but it's also inspired by every obscure sci-fi/cyberpunk RPG and tabletop game that the devs ever played.

(Not fanart, 4 real dialogue)

(fanart)

Lamprey Cannon
Jul 23, 2011

by exmarx

Improbable Lobster posted:

It's really not like Deus Ex at all. The only similarities are that they're both Cyberpunk FPSRPGs. They play completely differently, the plots are radically different in every way, the visual design is extremely different. It's obviously Deus Ex inspired, but it's also inspired by every obscure sci-fi/cyberpunk RPG and tabletop game that the devs ever played.

(Not fanart, 4 real dialogue)

Along similar lines:

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay
If I remember correctly, EYE itself was originally a homebrew tabletop game as well.

But as others have mentioned, I have to reiterate that it's not so much a great game as it is bewildering. It's sort of like Dark Souls in that there are way too many ambiguous stats, and you're not exactly sure why you're doing things or even what's going on unless you really dig in and do your homework.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Schnedwob posted:

If I remember correctly, EYE itself was originally a homebrew tabletop game as well.

But as others have mentioned, I have to reiterate that it's not so much a great game as it is bewildering. It's sort of like Dark Souls 2 in that there are way too many ambiguous stats, and you're not exactly sure why you're doing things or even what's going on unless you really dig in and do your homework.

ftfy

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

I can't think of any ambiguous stats in a souls game other than resistance and luck.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Nanomashoes posted:

I can't think of any ambiguous stats in a souls game other than resistance and luck.

Agility in DS2, specifically the weird breaking point things and diminishing returns.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

fool_of_sound posted:

Agility in DS2, specifically the weird breaking point things and diminishing returns.

I've put like 200 hours into the game and don't know any of that poo poo, because I'm not a min maxer and "put points into stat ->better dodge" is all anyone really needs to not make it ambiguous.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Nanomashoes posted:

I've put like 200 hours into the game and don't know any of that poo poo, because I'm not a min maxer and "put points into stat ->better dodge" is all anyone really needs to not make it ambiguous.

I'm not really interested in having a debate about this, but ambiguous means 'not completely clear', not 'totally unknown'.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Bet she couldn't see that coming

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?

Nanomashoes posted:

105 agility is good enough, unless you really feel like you need those couple extra iframes.

Swedish Horror
Jan 16, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TurboPriest
Aug 30, 2012

Lamprey Cannon posted:

Along similar lines:

Nothing will beat the first fan translation of call of pripyat

• Locked thread