Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
Speaking of cats, is there any reason they're such bipolar little shits?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

ghostter posted:

my cat always smells like piss. she is 14 or 15 i think and she smells like piss. if i snff her head its piss, if i sniff her body its piss too. she always smells like piss. why does she smell like piss?

Sheep-Goats posted:

Her kidneys don't work no more and its coming out of her skin

Dialysis patients have that same trick up their sleeve sometimes of smelling like piss from head to toe

not to be a downer but this is probably correct and it could easily lead to her death as happened to one of my cats. take her to the vet

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

Wintermutant posted:

Speaking of cats, is there any reason they're such bipolar little shits?

when they pass through their mother's birth canal a thin biofilm of pure evil is passed on from mother to child

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
That's why I only have kittens born by c-section

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
Always wanted a place with a hotboxing room, im jelly of you forums buddy

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem

Darkman Fanpage posted:

hello op i have quite a few mysteries in my life i need solving most of them involve a cabal of shadowy figures gang stalking me every hour of every day of my life since at least the age of 14 i require your assistance in bringing to light truths that may very well change the very course of history and usher in a new age of enlightenment, peace, and harmony among all men but only if you have the courage and fortitude to do the needful.

Post your shrine please, OP

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Op you really blew it not posting your satanic shrine room

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

Op you really blew it not posting your satanic shrine room

i've heard the phrase "op delivers" but i doubt it will ever happen unless the op is acting as a midwife and even then there'll probably be a lawsuit later

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.

notZaar posted:

I have a mystery. How do microphones work? Is it just a speaker in reverse?

i think so because once when i was a small child i wanted to record something and i stuck headphones in the mic jack and shouted into the fuzzy earmuffer part and it definitely got recorded. never tried listening to a mic through a headset jack but i imagine the same would happen

e: glad someone with some knowledge was able to solve this mystery!!!

Darkman Fanpage posted:

hello op i have quite a few mysteries in my life i need solving most of them involve a cabal of shadowy figures gang stalking me every hour of every day of my life since at least the age of 14 i require your assistance in bringing to light truths that may very well change the very course of history and usher in a new age of enlightenment, peace, and harmony among all men but only if you have the courage and fortitude to do the needful.

this sounds heavy so yuo can pm me but tonight ill do a couple go's around the ol' mala beads chantin ganesh's holy mantra while i think about how much i want you to be safe and then in the mornin after coffee and a lil toast i'll crack open the spellbook and see if i can cast "fucker of mothers" on this cabal of lovely dicks for ya (^=

then i'll REALLY get down to the nitty gritty after lunch of veggies and cheesecake. then, bud, i'll be ready to do anything.

Wowbagger2004 posted:

gently caress you for not posting pictures of the pocket room.

its an awkward room to capture in photo-essence but here goes friend

flerp posted:

how do i post good?

consuming potions made with the petal of the brightest flower picked at midnite, a bitter root from the garden of an enemy, your own blood put in a vial and placed beneath the window sill of a lover/uncle/therapist for eight days, and last you boil it under the light of a full moon and as the whisps of steam rise from the surface you whisper into them "gently caress this gay dead forum"

Dinosaurmageddon posted:

Post your shrine please, OP

the two lil glass dishes in the front are for offerings. the one on the right has water in it (fresh water every mornin before i meditate and play with some beads) and the one on the left is for food (i put some m&ms in there for ganesh, peanut m&ms obviously, then at night after i meditate and decompress and focus my power i eat the m&ms to symbolically share a meal with my main buds the deities i read about and like/made up (i.e. the sgt pepper pug and the slice of skullpie)) its a good ritual that makes my brain hurt less. i enjoy taking things from eastern countries and making them less important and more "retarded", it makes my friends call me culturally appropriate and they always say that like its a bad thing and it always makes me lol

thansk fo r solvin the mystery of pisscat, whether dogs are bears, etc. lwets keep this mystery train rollin down to unsolve station and then to PARTS UNKOWN!!!!

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

am i the only one that sees the ghost in this pic?!?! hello people!!!

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

ghost looks like he could have a pompadour with just a little bit of work

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

In relating the circumstances which have led to my confinement within this refuge for the demented, I am aware that my present position will create a natural doubt of the authenticity of my narrative.
Nap Ghost

Drink Cheerwine posted:

i have a similar tiny room. i dont know if this is its intended use, but i store my evil twin in there

Funny you should mention that. I opened the door to your tiny room and the person inside said that their evil twin had locked them in there.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I have a big mystery

what's your pm address

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
Your little room is a corridor to another room, hence the blocked off doorway.
whether that other room actually exists is irrelevant.

I like your shrine, such things should be as personal as you can get. sgt pepperdog own bones.

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.

Ein cooler Typ posted:

I have a big mystery

what's your pm address

personal messages can be sent to

Benjamin "Gate" Keeper
c/o Dickie 'Tax
220 N State Route 7
Pleasant Hill, MO 64080

i've got my mystery sneakers laced up tight and a satchel full of magickal asian weapons at the ready, friend :)

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

staberind posted:

Your little room is a corridor to another room, hence the blocked off doorway.
whether that other room actually exists is irrelevant.

so its a winchester mysytery room, leading nowhere and existing only to keep me safe by confusing pompadour ghosts?

i guess we can happily file this one: :ms:

what mystery we gonna tackle next, friends?

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
I have a mystery for you, OP et al - why was 6 afraid of 7?

Also what is the name of the Sgt. Pepper Pug?

Dinosaurmageddon fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Mar 30, 2016

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

Dinosaurmageddon posted:

why was 6 afraid of 7?

because of 9/11

it changed everything

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem

MiracleWhale posted:

because of 9/11

it changed everything
If 7-8-9 and 9/11,
then 7/11

:wom::mason::wom:

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

RVWinkle posted:

Funny you should mention that. I opened the door to your tiny room and the person inside said that their evil twin had locked them in there.

you cant trust that guy, he's a liar. ill bet he even shaved his goatee

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

Dinosaurmageddon posted:

I have a mystery for you, OP et al - why was 6 afraid of 7?

Also what is the name of the Sgt. Pepper Pug?

7 is the most magickally powerful number, every mean politician (hilldog, Romney, zodiac cruzer, trump, George zimmermen, asst principal Andrews, lady ambiens, etc.) has cut up their psyche's non-corporeal flavor essence into 7 terrible bits and stashed them around the globe so they can never truly be destroyed but only temporarily prevented from pushing in our collective poo poo

pepperpug is named Master Yoda Elvis Sexcopter Lord Voldemort but usually we (me, Tony the Autist, Stinkhole Pete, the Mexican Nun, PotatoLumps, Tootsie Roll Owl, Filth Giant, and the rest of my crew of friends/lovers/small gods) just call him Snicklefritz :3:

onto a new mystery- did Shakespeare write a .bible? I hear that poo poo all the time. apparently he left a davinci code up in the psalmies where upon breaking i,t the words shake and spear appear out of nothingness like yoshi atop the castle to let you know you beat the secret game. the bible is just another one of Shakespeare's plays and not a godbook of histories mysteries :(

"plays" come from the word "play" meaning "to screw around with one's buds" so the bibles are just william screwing around with us, the buds of the world. it's all a big lie because shaekspesre was too good at jokes and it went over everyone's heads :( :( :(

this is almost too big a mystery for the thread but I tried and it turns out I can't pm myself so I need you jerks to help me out. good luck gumshoes!!!

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

*puts a bunch of grapes in little dishes on a table* ya op i'm religious too

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

they'll let anyone with a picture of brown woman and some grapes in these days

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

here's a little toodley doo mystery for you all, where the flip is johnny gosch answer me that

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

I'm gonna puke

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

why aren't all cocktails served in the same glass? Besides Big Man Sand trying to hock his wears and steal my sheckels

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

social vegan posted:

*puts a bunch of grapes in little dishes on a table* ya op i'm religious too

religions are dumb and gods are nothings, I just like elephant heads and lil shells and herbs and beads. and grapes. and pie. and posts.

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

social vegan posted:

why aren't all cocktails served in the same glass? Besides Big Man Sand trying to hock his wears and steal my sheckels

all cocktails are served in the big curvy glass with the lobster in some football armor that says "tailback" that my mom took from red lobster to, ironically, save some shecklies

Shaquin
May 12, 2007

is steven seagal a little chinese or has he just cultivated that look

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

Shaquin posted:

it started with him thinking that squinting and doing martial arts made him intimidating. then he got confused by life and the squint became permanent, then he got a fat buddha tummy and wore baggy kungfu jumpsuits to hide it, then he put on a sexy wig, and now he is an accidentAl yellowface performer like the breakfast at tiffany man

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

Shaquin posted:

No he's a big white wtf

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Shaquin posted:

He has bad vision but refuses to get corrective lenses.

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

social vegan posted:

No he's a big white wtf
ugh can we keep the "Jewish= white?" debate out of my friendly thread? you're better than thist s. vegN

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
:science: technically steven segal is a type of bug!

root of all eval
Dec 28, 2002

OctoberBlues posted:

Why do people make websites where you can't right click and select open in new tab and have it work? Like if you just click on the link it works, but if you try to open in a new tab the new tab just opens up a blank screen title "about :blank". What in the everloving gently caress?! GOD loving DAMMIT.

A huge portion of the web now is based on asyncronous javascript requests. Many of the things you click that look like buttons and links are actually just facades that intercept the click events and do whatever the script needs on demand without changing the full page. Even regular buttons and links can be overridden to stop their normal behaviors. Sometimes these intercepted events are used to validate or pre-process data and will actually redirect to a new page. When this happens it appears seamless to the user, as if a normal link were clicked, but since it is not a link in the normal sense (one with a direct url action) the browser doesn't know what to do when attempting to open a new tab. At least I think thats what you are asking about.

Shaquin
May 12, 2007

lookit java joe over here

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

BossRighteous posted:

A huge portion of the web now is based on asyncronous javascript requests. Many of the things you click that look like buttons and links are actually just facades that intercept the click events and do whatever the script needs on demand without changing the full page. Even regular buttons and links can be overridden to stop their normal behaviors. Sometimes these intercepted events are used to validate or pre-process data and will actually redirect to a new page. When this happens it appears seamless to the user, as if a normal link were clicked, but since it is not a link in the normal sense (one with a direct url action) the browser doesn't know what to do when attempting to open a new tab. At least I think thats what you are asking about.

how do save a Youtube???

root of all eval
Dec 28, 2002

Gatekeeper posted:

how do save a Youtube???

Youtube it.

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Gatekeeper posted:

ugh can we keep the "Jewish= white?" debate out of my friendly thread? you're better than thist s. vegN

jewish people can be any colour, it's a religion not a race!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

root of all eval
Dec 28, 2002

Everyone is free to believe the shittiest part of the Bible.

• Locked thread