Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Is that--?? OH MY GOD!! It is!! Laddersmith Gilligan is BACK baby!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

net cafe scandal posted:

Is that--?? OH MY GOD!! It is!! Laddersmith Gilligan is BACK baby!

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

this is me but instead of cloud its empty dark hallways w one texture and a completely unmanageable amount of poo poo being thrown at you from random directions

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

its weird how imo dark souls 2 has some of the strongest music in the series but none of it fits the lovely bosses

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

like instead of that kinda mixed up gravelord nitoish theme they have for lost sinner it should just be a guy making fart noises w/ his arm pits

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I think the only music I recognize from the souls games is Gwyn fight and the demons souls sizzle reel music

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

o&s is still the best song in the series. i dont think it can be beaten

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Bobnumerotres posted:

o&s is still the best song in the series. i dont think it can be beaten

Sif music and Artorias music are extremely close contenders.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

And, I'll admit that Majula tune is sweet.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the theme for dragonrider in ds2 is fantastic and is brought down by the fact rhat youre fighting dragonrider

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

I think the only music I recognize from the souls games is Gwyn fight and the demons souls sizzle reel music

Same

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Acquaint yourself with

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tuWvGee4T0

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

net cafe scandal posted:

And, I'll admit that Majula tune is sweet.

Oh yeah this one too. Very lovely the first time you peer through the crack and see sunlight and the bells starting chiming

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
I'm really glad they made the Ludwig music so good, for how much time I've spent fighting him. I was really into what I heard in Demons Souls as well, but I've barely scratched the surface on that one.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
bloodbornes the only souls game with recognizable music imo....the opening cinematic track is godlike

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Bobnumerotres posted:

i stupidly spoiled a throwback that possibly trumps the shadow moses visit in mgs4 for myself, and i feel bad for it now. ive stopped watching anything to do w ds3

same. im upset about it

Pookum
Mar 5, 2011

gaming is life
I play with sound off, its too scary

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

scary ghost dog posted:

bloodbornes the only souls game with recognizable music imo....the opening cinematic track is godlike

i felt the music was great, but not memorable. its weird.

the cleric beast and hypogeon gaol (?) theme play in my head sometimes tho. hypogeon theme especially helped reinforce that it was a scary place you didnt belong in

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's weird because I probably couldn't hum a tune or anything from any of the games but if you played a track for me I'd be thinking "oh hey this is the artorias fight"

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

In Training posted:

It's weird because I probably couldn't hum a tune or anything from any of the games but if you played a track for me I'd be thinking "oh hey this is the artorias fight"

not even firelink?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

SM64Guy posted:

not even firelink?

Well stuff like Firelink, Majula and the Nexus stick because I've listened to it so much. But otherwise the only time music is playing is during bosses and I'm usually more worried with trying not to die than listening to the music

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Like I remember the Magic Butterfly music bc you spend the first 30 seconds of the fight watching him slowly float in while it plays, so I can actually listen for a bit

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
the "BWUH" ash lake music, the O+S theme, the sad Gwyn music, the eerie music for gwynivere, the unearthly music for moonlight butterfly

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
ornstein and smough fight theme is pretty much branded on my eardrums

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

sector_corrector posted:

the "BWUH" ash lake music, the O+S theme, the sad Gwyn music, the eerie music for gwynivere, the unearthly music for moonlight butterfly

I only ever saw ash lake for the first time a month or so ago and that was definitely a really awesome moment. Shame there's nothing down there

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

there was so much content that didn't make it to the final copy of DS1 it's kind of depressing lol

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Bobnumerotres posted:

there was so much content that didn't make it to the final copy of DS1 it's kind of depressing lol

demons, ds1, ds2 and bloodborne all have huge swathes of cut content.....demons had a whole missing archstone, the second half of dark souls is barely finished, bloodborne has the anemic cainhurst and ds2 had to be completely rebuilt halfway through development. dark souls 3 might be the only one that isnt missing large portions.......if were lucky

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Started playing Bloodborne at a friend's house recently and it's good stuff. Haven't even left Central Yharnam yet but I already like what I've played more than the sum total of Dark Souls II.

I don't know anything about Dark Souls III and I'm trying to keep it that way.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

scary ghost dog posted:

demons, ds1, ds2 and bloodborne all have huge swathes of cut content.....demons had a whole missing archstone, the second half of dark souls is barely finished, bloodborne has the anemic cainhurst and ds2 had to be completely rebuilt halfway through development. dark souls 3 might be the only one that isnt missing large portions.......if were lucky

Dark Souls 3 is not only a complete game but it is a perfect one, and the best game ever made of all time.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

net cafe scandal posted:

Dark Souls 3 is not only a complete game but it is a perfect one, and the best game ever made of all time.

That's Bloodborne

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

In Training posted:

That's Bloodborne

Dark Souls 3 will be as perfect but longer and more complete, winning the top spot by technicality.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Pointing to Cainhurst as bereft of content is kinda odd. Is still a pretty fully realized location, they just went crazy with the ghost lady placement so a lot of the areas don't really have any combat that matters. Just a different pace I think, and it matches the totally alien aesthetic of the place compared to the rest of the game

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Can I import my Bloodborne Hunter into DS3?

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm at that point in bloodborne ng where I can't beat Martyr L, get through Yarhgul, or the chapel Hunter lol

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
the music in every souls game is epic. bloodborne definitely had the best of them all, soon to be surpassed by ds3, but every track from ds1 was memorable to me.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

In Training posted:

Pointing to Cainhurst as bereft of content is kinda odd. Is still a pretty fully realized location, they just went crazy with the ghost lady placement so a lot of the areas don't really have any combat that matters. Just a different pace I think, and it matches the totally alien aesthetic of the place compared to the rest of the game

i feel like there was supposed to be a second half of it after logarius but yer right, the castle design doesnt really leave room for that.....still i cant help but feel bloodborne is missing something even though its my favorite game

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
there's some other stuff. like how half-assed the vileblood covenant is. also the ring of betrothal, which got stuck into the bottom of a random chalice dungeon, and doesn't really do anything. jerks sans frontieres also makes a convincing argument that the cainhurst armor piles in chalice dungeons / the concept art-ish portraits in that one room all point towards more stuff that never really got implemented.

i wish that miyazaki would do a post mortem on bloodborne. it'd be cool to see him talk about some of this stuff.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I wish he would make a Bloodborne 2 in space

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

In Training posted:

I wish he would make a Bloodborne 2 in space

yeah, same here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

Bobnumerotres posted:

i felt the music was great, but not memorable. its weird.

It suits the game perfectly but is totally unobtrusive. I don't notice it at all, but I would notice its absence.