Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skychrono
May 11, 2007

I'll make you cry like I did when my daddy died!

barren_sky posted:

PS+:
PS4
Dead Star
Zombi (U)

PS3
I Am Alive
Savage Moon

Vita
Shutshimi
A Virus Named Tom

There you go, a AAA game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Wow an actual full title for PS4 and not some pixel graphics indie poo poo. I'll definitely kill some zombies in London for free, thanks Sony

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Real hurthling! posted:

Oh cool id play but never pay for zombi

I don't mind getting the PS4 version when I still have my WiiU copy. This version has better graphics, but loses some of the charm it had with the gamepad controls.

juliuspringle
Jul 7, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

Oh cool id play but never pay for zombi

Have an informative video about that game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paU0nhOJUz0

Watrick
Mar 15, 2007

C:enter:###

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Ha, I already got I am Alive when they put it up accidentally last month.

ZombiU I actually own for the Wii U, but never beat it.

Hahaha. I came to post the exact same thing.

I wonder how well it's gonna compare to the Wii U version? I really like how the Wii U controller works with the game.

Any idea which ones are going to be cross buy?

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Everyone is a mayor... Someday..
Lipstick Apathy

Syrinxx posted:

Wow an actual full title for PS4 and not some pixel graphics indie poo poo.

Not Knack so it's garbage tier

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
i'm going to beat up everyone in this thread

Kirios posted:

Very happy with this month's PS Plus games. Never played Zombi but have wanted to for quite some time...A+ month PS Plus is saved...

...for now.

you will be spared

...for now

Bogart fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Mar 30, 2016

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Very happy with this month's PS Plus games. Never played Zombi but have wanted to for quite some time...A+ month PS Plus is saved...

...for now.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I actually want both of the Vita games, which is really weird.

Nawid
Mar 27, 2011
The best Infamous is First Light you morons.
Try to play as Delsin instead of Fetch in Arena. It sucks.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

axleblaze posted:

I actually want both of the Vita games, which is really weird.

That Parodius + WarioWare thing might be amusing, I haven't looked up the other one though.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I liked all of the Infamous Games actually

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

As a Seattleite I found Second Son cathartic because I could brutally murder protesters and musicians

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Syrinxx posted:

Wow an actual full title for PS4 and not some pixel graphics indie poo poo. I'll definitely kill some zombies in London for free, thanks Sony

Yeah I was interested in that back when it was on the Wii U but I never bought one, so this is nice.

quote:

The best Infamous is First Light you morons.
Try to play as Delsin instead of Fetch in Arena. It sucks.

I played First Light before Second Son. It's hard to go play as Delsin after, Fetch just plays and flows so well. First Light might actually be my favorite PS4 game.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
I'd been wondering whether First Light was worth it, since it was just Neon powers, but I'm seriously giving it further thought.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

SpacePig posted:

I'd been wondering whether First Light was worth it, since it was just Neon powers, but I'm seriously giving it further thought.

While it's just Neon powers, it's a much more fleshed out and interesting moveset, with more to do than any particular power set in Second Son. It only has a handful of things in common with how it works for Delsin. The Arena mode is awesome too, and if you really want to you can play as a maxed out good or evil Delsin in there too.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wow that Virus Named Tom game was announced over three years ago and now it's coming out as a PS Plus game

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Zombi PS4 has already been out for like 6 months. There's videos to see how it works from the Wii U version.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

I hope Dead Star is good, I haven't played a 2d multiplayer space shooter type thing in probably over a decade. I used to love that sort of thing though. Just so long as I don't have to run around for a half hour collecting powerups before I can shoot someone.

barren_sky
May 6, 2004

CrashCat posted:

I hope Dead Star is good, I haven't played a 2d multiplayer space shooter type thing in probably over a decade. I used to love that sort of thing though. Just so long as I don't have to run around for a half hour collecting powerups before I can shoot someone.

It's a bit of a blend of real-time-strategy with space shooter. You have to balance upgrading your captured bases' defences (via minerals picked up in combat and by blowing up asteroids) and actually attacking and taking over enemy bases. I liked the beta, but it's a bit frustrating playing with randoms when teamwork is so essential to victory.

-e- you can also upgrade your ship instead of your bases, and those power-ups remain for the whole game, IIRC.

Nawid
Mar 27, 2011

SpacePig posted:

First Light is definitely in my top 5 favorite PS4 games. It may not be very long, but the gameplay itself is so good, you'll squeeze whatever you can out of it.

Nawid fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Mar 30, 2016

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

zombi is actually the least interesting game on that list

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i did not have fun with infamous first light. i really had to struggle to finish infamous 1 too though so maybe i just dont like infamous.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

someone buy stux a new av i keep thinking he is taint reaper and then being disappointed

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Awesome! posted:

i did not have fun with infamous first light. i really had to struggle to finish infamous 1 too though so maybe i just dont like infamous.

Infamous 1 and 2 really arent very good, but I enjoyed SS a lot. FL was ok but I was a bit burnt out at that point when I played it.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Awesome! posted:

i collected all the orbs and called it a day. same with saints row iv. i like orbs i guess

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

my favorite part was the neon graffiti, if that tells you anything about how much i enjoyed the rest of the game. i will say it looked nice and running through the city in neon mode was pretty cool for a little while.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
The first Infamous was a bit too heavy on cover-shootery elements, but managed to get all the super powers right. Infamous 2 perfected the systems in 1 and threw on a few bonus powers for fun. Infamous: SS introduced a new set of powers, some of which resembled the old move set and some being very different. People hate on SS for some reason, but I think it's quite a servicable reboot to the franchise. I liked the villain a lot too, she was quite detestable and her powers were cool. The elemental thing was clever; how many games or comics have a super hero with "neon" powers? To say nothing of the other powers you get even later.

People don't like Delsin, which is...yeah, I dunno. I thought he was fine? I found myself kind of warming up to him and his brother by the end of the game. I liked most of the characters, I felt they actually put some effort into introducing them with a proper amount of pacing. It helps that you have to interact with most of the main cast in the context of gameplay as well.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Savage Moon is a PlayStation 3 and PSP tower defense strategy game

The game was released for download from European PSN on 24 December 2008 and in North America on 29 January 2009.

Wow.

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

Ahahahaha talk about bottom of the barrel. At least there's Dead Star.

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Don't lose your head over it.
Platinum Demo for Final Fantasy XV is up.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Final Fantasy 15 demo 2.0 is out: https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/platinum-demo-final-fantasy-xv/cid=UP0082-CUSA04568_00-0000000000000001

Also I liked Savage Moon :shrug:

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

I'm meaning with known mediocre and badly coded game: I am alive.

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

For Blood, Comic Mischief, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence.

Online Interactions Not Rated.
DLC is region-specific, right? For example, I couldn't buy Disgaea 5 add-ons with my JP account and then use them with my US game?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

dlc has to match the region of the game

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

MisterAlex posted:

DLC is region-specific, right? For example, I couldn't buy Disgaea 5 add-ons with my JP account and then use them with my US game?

Short answer is yes, DLC is region-specific and what you've outlined definitely won't work.

For a longer answer, the answer is also yes, but in the sense that "region" is more broadly defined than the number of PSN stores which exist. Most commonly games have 3 regions:

Japan - Usually Japanese language only, English is semi-common if the game is originally an English game. Other languages are super-rare.
North America - At least English, usually (except for Anime games) French, Spanish, maybe Brazilian Portuguese
Europe - At least English, almost always (except for Anime games) French, Spanish, German, Italian, and sometimes various other languages depending on the game like Russian, Dutch, Portuguese, Danish, Scandinavian languages etc. (usually football and family-friendly games only)

Semi-frequently you'll get a separate Asian SKU. This might not be different from the Japanese (will be Japanese only) but may be coded differently anyway, although lately some games have started having actual Chinese and Korean versions.

Far less frequently you get the odd game with region-specific releases, such as Australia/Germany for censorship purposes, or Latin America and Russia getting language-locked versions of games to counter people importing the game for super-cheap.

For DLC all games are told which SKU to target. So Europe-wide DLC will usually work even if the packaging is different (e.g. someone in the UK could buy DLC from the German EXCEPT where Germany has a censored release). Save games are somewhat more random, they usually don't work cross-region but you have the odd game which does things super-weirdly (e.g. I'm pretty sure any PS4 Diablo 3 save will work with any region's release).

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

For Blood, Comic Mischief, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence.

Online Interactions Not Rated.
Thanks a bunch for the clarification. So it's tied to a specific game release.

So just to make sure I understand what you're saying...

If I have a JP copy of Disgaea 5, and I download add-on characters with my JP PSN account, I could still access the installed add-ons if I switched to my NA or EU accounts to play from the JP game disc, right? The PS4 is set as the primary for my JP account.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

MisterAlex posted:

Thanks a bunch for the clarification. So it's tied to a specific game release.

So just to make sure I understand what you're saying...

If I have a JP copy of Disgaea 5, and I download add-on characters with my JP PSN account, I could still access the installed add-ons if I switched to my NA or EU accounts to play from the JP game disc, right? The PS4 is set as the primary for my JP account.

I've downloaded Japanese games and DLC and then played them from my primary NA profile, so you should be fine.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

In Training posted:

Wow that Virus Named Tom game was announced over three years ago and now it's coming out as a PS Plus game

I have it on Steam. It's not that great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Other than that Turtles game and GG:Revelator, is there much left to look forward to on PS3?

• Locked thread