Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Hit has actually been Roshi in a disguise this whole time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
Why does Hit always have his eyes closed? Did he fall asleep? Hit vs Monaka will just be the two of them unconscious.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Kelp Plankton posted:

Hit is Roshi's penis.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Ammat The Ankh posted:

The writers seem really intent on showing off the cool attacks that we only saw once on DBZ (Which I like). Piccolo's stretchy arms and Special Beam Cannon, Vegeta's Galick Gun and Final Flash. I bet if Tien had made it in we'd see the return of Volleyball Fist and that four arms thing.

Theres probably numerous people on staff that all grew up with Dragonball and are huge fans.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Kelp Plankton posted:

I wonder if goku or krillin ever found out who jackie chun was

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Manatee Cannon posted:

I wonder if goku or krillin ever found out who jackie chun was

I have no evidence here but im gonna say Krillin probably put it together some time after losing his virginity to a robot and Goku definitely never figured it out.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

I wonder if Goku sometimes thinks about fighting Jackie Chun and getting his rematch in since he never got to personally beat him

maybe he talks about it with Roshi

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
My theory is that Monaka is a mindless doll for Beerus himself to use in order to participate in the tournament (kind of like Kami did in the 23rd Budoukai) and will be about to beat Hit when it's revealed. Then he'll be disqualified and Goku will step in.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Babe Magnet posted:

I wonder if Goku sometimes thinks about fighting Jackie Chun and getting his rematch in since he never got to personally beat him

maybe he talks about it with Roshi

y'know I never thought about it before, but is master roshi the one person goku has fought and never beat?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Reinanigans posted:

My theory is that Monaka is a mindless doll for Beerus himself to use in order to participate in the tournament (kind of like Kami did in the 23rd Budoukai) and will be about to beat Hit when it's revealed. Then he'll be disqualified and Goku will step in.

That can't happen. Goku's going in before Monaka, Beerus already said that Monaka must go last no matter what.

Manatee Cannon posted:

y'know I never thought about it before, but is master roshi the one person goku has fought and never beat?

There's also Cell, if we're only counting canon material.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Blaze Dragon posted:

That can't happen. Goku's going in before Monaka, Beerus already said that Monaka must go last no matter what.

There's also Cell, if we're only counting canon material.

I don't buy for a minute that Goku couldn't have beaten Cell as he was, before going super Cell anyways. It just would have taken goddamn effort from him and he wanted to prove a point about Gohan because Goku is a moron.

the culminator
Oct 29, 2012

reignofevil posted:

I have no evidence here but im gonna say Krillin probably put it together some time after losing his virginity to a robot and Goku definitely never figured it out.

Pretty sure anime Krillin popped his cherry with rich man's Bulma bro :colbert:

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Burkion posted:

I don't buy for a minute that Goku couldn't have beaten Cell as he was, before going super Cell anyways. It just would have taken goddamn effort from him and he wanted to prove a point about Gohan because Goku is a moron.

Oh, I don't disagree. If he hadn't thought that Cell worked on Namek rules (destroy the head, they can't regenerate), then he would've won - his Warp Kamehameha did disintegrate the entire top part of Cell's body.

Then again, at that point I'm pretty sure Cell himself thought he worked on Namek rules, so I really can't blame Goku for not seeing that coming. After using his trump card Goku really had nothing left though, Cell was just more powerful and Goku lost the element of surprise needed to get that kind of full-power Kamehameha to hit without completely destroying the Earth trying.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Blaze Dragon posted:

Yeah, but Goku already went. Monaka can go, lose, and then they'll *mumble mumble Frost was cheating mumble mumble* and then Goku gets to go for a round 2.

the culminator
Oct 29, 2012
But they already did that and Goku is back. He's just going after Vegeta.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Pureauthor posted:

Yeah, but Goku already went. Monaka can go, lose, and then they'll *mumble mumble Frost was cheating mumble mumble* and then Goku gets to go for a round 2.

But you see, that conversation actually already happened. Monaka is still going last, with Goku stepping in once Vegeta loses eventually.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I don't think there's ever been a conclusive battle between Vegeta and Goku either, right?

Roshi: just as powerful as Vegeta.

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009

Aurora posted:

I don't think there's ever been a conclusive battle between Vegeta and Goku either, right?

How about a tournament where everybody has their power dropped to DB levels, and then Jackie Chun and Krillin crush everyone else?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Aurora posted:

Well he is able to blow up the moon. No one does anything more impressive than that until Vegeta blows up that bug planet. Roshi is legit powerful, he's just really lazy and doesn't want to get involved any more.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Aurora posted:

Both fights ended with Goku unable to fight while Vegeta was just winded.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Drowning Rabbit posted:

But you see, that conversation actually already happened. Monaka is still going last, with Goku stepping in once Vegeta loses eventually.

Anyone have any good theories on why Beerus is so desperate to keep Monaka as a trump card? Boring as to teach Goku humility or does Monaka absorb Beerus' strength or something?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

maybe he just fights in a silly way and beerus is embarrassed

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The official Funi DBZ facebook posted this.

"Who's your favourite character from Universe 6 in Dragon Ball Super a show you have to watch fansubs of right now and also Monaka who is Universe 7 we don't watch this show either :v:"

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
They know what fans are like, because they are also fans.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Mordaedil posted:

Anyone have any good theories on why Beerus is so desperate to keep Monaka as a trump card?

I don't think Monoka has any powers. He passed out after seeing a single Kamehameha and everybody's mistaking unconsciousness for unflinching meditation.

My guess? The dude Beerus fought was Monoka's great great great grandfather from 3,000 years ago or something like that. Beerus didn't realize Grandpappy Nipples dies 2,950 years ago, and enlisted Monoka as a way to save face. Beerus wants to keep Monoka for last in the hope Goku will finish everyone off first, because if Monoka were to fight he'd instantly lose and expose Beerus's bluff.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
great unused SA account names: Grandpappy Nipples

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Josuke Higashikata posted:

The official Funi DBZ facebook posted this.

"Who's your favourite character from Universe 6 in Dragon Ball Super a show you have to watch fansubs of right now and also Monaka who is Universe 7 we don't watch this show either :v:"

This is a trap, anyone that votes in this poll is going to get a DMCA copyright notice.

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
Looking at hit, there's no way he isn't a dickhead joke.

Dude has a big purple head with a little split down the middle

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I'm just ready to see him in a real fight..

KoB
May 1, 2009

Mordaedil posted:

Anyone have any good theories on why Beerus is so desperate to keep Monaka as a trump card? Boring as to teach Goku humility or does Monaka absorb Beerus' strength or something?

Either he made up Monaka to get Goku/Vegeta to try harder or Monaka is dead/busy/whatever and he just grabbed some random dude to fake it.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

What is the "THAT" that Krillin is referring to in the last panel here?

Like obviously Vegeta is about to fire the Final Flash and Krillin is concerned, but it almost reads like Krillin has seen the attack before.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Raxivace posted:

What is the "THAT" that Krillin is referring to in the last panel here?

Like obviously Vegeta is about to fire the Final Flash and Krillin is concerned, but it almost reads like Krillin has seen the attack before.

I think it's that Krillin senses the energy Vegeta's building up and can't believe he's firing that (big gently caress off amount of energy) off on Earth.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

KoB posted:

Either he made up Monaka to get Goku/Vegeta to try harder or Monaka is dead/busy/whatever and he just grabbed some random dude to fake it.

his prominent nipples are power limiters. gotta twist them a little so that he can use his energy.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

"He can't be firing that scary, powerful looking beam while on earth. Why would he do that it looks like its destroy us all"

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Ammat The Ankh posted:

I think it's that Krillin senses the energy Vegeta's building up and can't believe he's firing that (big gently caress off amount of energy) off on Earth.

Ah in that case never mind then. I think I was just misreading it then.

EDIT: A couple of interesting minor things I noticed in DBZ Volume 17:

1. Vegeta actually refers to Goku as Goku at one point.

2. Hercule is mentioned as being a wrestler formerly known as Mr. Satan (lol Viz).

3. Trunks The Story is garbage compared to The History of Trunks. I think it comes way too late in these manga volumes as well.

Raxivace fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Mar 30, 2016

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

It's like if you're going to a little league game with your friend and he brings a giant gently caress-off RPG with him. Like:

"Whoa dude, you're bringing that to a little league game?"
"Yeah man, people get really riled up when their kids are playing"
"Isn't that kinda really dangerous and overkill?"
"I don't see how."

Raxivace posted:

3. Trunks The Story is garbage compared to The History of Trunks. I think it comes way too late in these manga volumes as well.

The extra time and budget for an OVA really let them flesh out the story I guess.
I can't really imagine Trunks going Super Saiyan having the same impact without the dark, atmospheric lighting that the animated scene had.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Trunks is a super saiyan by default in the manga IIRC, the buildup to him transforming isn't a thing there.

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

Trunks is a super saiyan by default in the manga IIRC, the buildup to him transforming isn't a thing there.

Yea, he's sparring with an armless Gohan who's in his base form.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Yeah in the manga Trunks is already a Super Saiyan. It makes Gohan's decision to knockout Trunks and fight 17 and 18 alone make even less sense than it does in the special too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Well it makes sense in the special because Trunks would be dead weight in a fight. If he is a super Saiyan it's just dumb. Plus the whole movie is building up to that so the manga must have a completely different thrust.

• Locked thread