Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Krispy Kareem posted:

This is what my kid got in Health class:

Now, to be fair that was a guest speaker. They've also shown her pictures of dicks covered in genital warts so nobody can say she's not getting a well rounded sex education.

Ha, a literal v-card. This loving country.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAROOQ
Aug 20, 2014

by Smythe
Their body, their choice :shrug:

You get to have less than no opinion on the matter

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

FAROOQ posted:

Their body, their choice :shrug:

You get to have less than no opinion on the matter

I have an opinion on the matter and there's not a drat thing you can do to stop me.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Krispy Kareem posted:

This is what my kid got in Health class:

Now, to be fair that was a guest speaker. They've also shown her pictures of dicks covered in genital warts so nobody can say she's not getting a well rounded sex education.

Can I get one of these for free somehow?

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

Solice Kirsk posted:

Ha, a literal v-card. This loving country.

I'm still hoping they're just giving her a variety of viewpoints and the cucumber on a condom lesson is next.

Then again, our school district put stickers on textbooks reminding students that evolution was just a theory. So yeah.

FAROOQ
Aug 20, 2014

by Smythe

Puntification posted:

I have an opinion on the matter and there's not a drat thing you can do to stop me.

I could beat you to death.

My body, my choice.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

FAROOQ posted:

I could beat you to death.

My body, my choice.

If you are willing to track me down despite likely being on a different continent I'll accept my death with good grace. It also won't have stopped me from having the opinion though.

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255

Zipperelli. posted:

:cop: "Step out of the vehicle"
:bahgawd: "I will NOT"

Nice refusal of a lawful order. :byewhore:

I actually had someone try to tell me the cop was too hard on her. :lol: Any person of another race/sex/age group would have just been tased into submission. All things considered, she got off super loving easy.

I think the officer could have used a hell of a lot more restraint and unnecessarily escalated the situation. Boo hoo she didn't get her license out in .25 seconds. To me this is unprofessional.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
It's weird watching US police videos when you come from a country where the police aren't expected to attack citizens at every opportunity.

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

Krispy Kareem posted:

the cucumber on a condom lesson is next.

Now I just have the mental image of some neckbeard who has no idea who sex works teaching the sex ed class.

"Well you see kids, you take the uh, this thing and you kinda put your dick on it and pee into her butt. Thats how babies are made any questions"

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

mds2 posted:

I think the officer could have used a hell of a lot more restraint and unnecessarily escalated the situation. Boo hoo she didn't get her license out in .25 seconds. To me this is unprofessional.

That video is basically white_privilege.mov

Literally any other ethnicity would have been tased at best and shot and killed at worst. Even the open mouthed gape on her face says "what?!? the laws apply to meeeeee??"

So explain the level of stupid bullshit that officer should have to put up with before he's allowed to escalate into what you call "unprofessional"?

"can we hurry? I have to pee"
"sure. give me your license and registration"
"no. first I want to explain....blah blah blah...."

Granted - the funnier option would have been for him to roll his eyes and delay her until she pissed herself - assuming she really had to pee and really has a bladder infection and really couldn't hold it. Hint: she didn't

That lady could have driven off with a mere warning - again a privilege any other ethnicity likely would not have gotten. It's 100% her own fault she went to jail that day. Period.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYr2XteXUB8

A candidate for the US Presidency, ladies and gents.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Gorilla Salad posted:

It's weird watching US police videos when you come from a country where the police aren't expected to attack citizens at every opportunity.

In most other first world countries, cops aren't literally rejected for being too intelligent. The US specifically selects people that have mental issues to become cops.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

HaB posted:

Granted - the funnier option would have been for him to roll his eyes and delay her until she pissed herself - assuming she really had to pee and really has a bladder infection and really couldn't hold it. Hint: she didn't

Yeah, if you're really in a hurry you'd have your poo poo ready to hand to him before he even gets out of the car and you'd say the "could we please hurry I have to pee" as you hand it to the officer. You know, actually act like you're in a hurry, not be stubbornly time wasting for no reason.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

veedubfreak posted:

In most other first world countries, cops aren't literally rejected for being too intelligent. The US specifically selects people that have mental issues to become cops.

I'm friends with a few cops and they hate cops. Think that sums it up pretty well.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

Grimey Drawer

mds2 posted:

The cop shouldn't have grabbed her, but it was pretty obvious after the first two requests that she wasn't going to give him her license. At that point he can either arrest her or let her off with a warning, which I'm sure the lady and her bacteria riddled bladder were hoping for.

Now I'm curious how many times cops have to ask for a license. 90% of the time it's probably handed over right away. They probably get it by the second request 98% of the time. If they're asking three times they know this isn't going to go smoothly and are preparing accordingly.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Solice Kirsk posted:

I'm friends with a few cops and they hate cops. Think that sums it up pretty well.

My brother is a cop :( Although he is apparently just on the cusp of being smart enough to move past being a beat cop and actually doing real work. It was sad to watch how fast he became indoctrinated though. He was a huge pothead in highschool and now tows the line perfectly that WEED IS BAD.

Rules for dealing with cops.

Shut up.
Have license and registration out
Shut up.
Hope you're white.

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

And he was never seen again....

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

Grimey Drawer

They stopped the fight using humor. Buena policia.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Subjunctive posted:

I think you mean an "at will" state, but there is still a difference between laying someone off and firing them. "Right to work" only affects payment of union dues by non-members.

We're in Florida. He was dumped for REALLY good cause. He used his abilities to grovel and steal credit for others' work (and sympathy for his dying father) to avoid being fired for 5 years despite rarely improving. Eventually his attitude worsened to the point where he was openly disrespecting the manager to his face, and all the offenses built up until he finally crossed the line. Pretty much any other business would have fired him a year or two ago.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

C.M. Kruger posted:

If the savior falls out of his nest, don't touch him or he might be rejected by his creator.

Was really hoping they'd pull back and try to catapult him back to heaven

poorlifedecision
Feb 13, 2012
Lipstick Apathy

Occupy Lol Street

Short Penguin
Jun 1, 2010

FreudianSlippers posted:

Lactose tolerance is a rare genetic mutation that should be wiped out by fire and steel if necessary.

I drink raw milk every now and then. My neighbor owns some cows and we get raw milk. But we drink it the same day. So far, I haven't gotten sick. But then again, we also have pasturized milk for everyday drinking/cooking so...who knows.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Short Penguin posted:

I drink raw milk every now and then. My neighbor owns some cows and we get raw milk. But we drink it the same day. So far, I haven't gotten sick. But then again, we also have pasturized milk for everyday drinking/cooking so...who knows.

Same. I've been drinking raw milk for about 3 years and haven't had an issue with food-borne illness. It does pay to know where it comes from and know how thoroughly they clean/sanitize the equipment and how sanitary their milking practices are in general, as I believe most contamination happens through poor equipment sanitation methods.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

The schadenfreude is that the raw milk derail from literally 30 pages ago has returned?

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

Grimey Drawer

SiKboy posted:

The schadenfreude is that the raw milk derail from literally 30 pages ago has returned?

Imagine if he waited that long to drink his raw milk.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

SiKboy posted:

Much like salmonella.

Electrical Fire
Mar 29, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpEzOW3INLM

Bogatyr
Jul 20, 2009

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/03/30/cops-teen-sexually-assaulted-pepper-sprayed-called-n-ger-lover-at-trump-rally.html

Cops: Teen Sexually Assaulted, Pepper Sprayed, Called ‘friend of the family Lover’ at Trump Rally

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

Bogatyr posted:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/03/30/cops-teen-sexually-assaulted-pepper-sprayed-called-n-ger-lover-at-trump-rally.html

Cops: Teen Sexually Assaulted, Pepper Sprayed, Called ‘friend of the family Lover’ at Trump Rally

Meet Farooq, resident piece of poo poo.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Bogatyr posted:

Did she start to say "I deserved that" in the second video? That's probably not gonna help her case.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME

Ragequit posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYr2XteXUB8

A candidate for the US Presidency, ladies and gents.

Are we sure this isn't some kind of social art project/commentary at this point

Levitate has a new favorite as of 19:22 on Mar 30, 2016

Bogatyr
Jul 20, 2009

Solice Kirsk posted:

Did she start to say "I deserved that" in the second video? That's probably not gonna help her case.

I read that she is being looked at for assault charges also. Messy.

That aside, I can see the attraction to being a dickhead to dickheads, but it's gonna cost ya.

I really don't like my Presidential races being this entertaining.

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

kids who cant vote shouldnt give a poo poo, if they do theyre the worst

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost
Vancouver is a rapidly growing city full of lovely drivers and it's always nice to see one get his comeuppance.

http://www.vancitybuzz.com/2016/03/dumb-vancouver-driver-instant-karma-video/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZIPkuHN-4s

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Dillbag posted:

Vancouver is a rapidly growing city full of lovely drivers and it's always nice to see one get his comeuppance.

These may have been the most angry non-professional hockey playing Canadians I have ever seen.

Helena Handbasket
Feb 11, 2006
They put up a stop light in front of the 11'8" bridge. It's wrapped in black plastic and isn't operational yet but it's only a matter of time.

I estimate this will reduce crashes with the bridge by 5% at best. I'm not even sure that's what they were trying to do, they've been putting them up in front of similar bridges elsewhere in town. I use that road a lot and for what it's worth, the entertainment value far exceeds the disruption caused by the accidents. Of the three or four I've seen in person, none has blocked off both lanes, so at worst traffic slows down a bit if it's rush hour.

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Dillbag posted:

I love how the guy getting pulled over screams it's the other guys fault as buddy is driving away. He's going to tell all of his buddies how the ticket is all the other guys fault and he's a perfect driver. I just wish I could be the ones to show his friends the video

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Helena Handbasket posted:

They put up a stop light in front of the 11'8" bridge. It's wrapped in black plastic and isn't operational yet but it's only a matter of time.

I estimate this will reduce crashes with the bridge by 5% at best. I'm not even sure that's what they were trying to do, they've been putting them up in front of similar bridges elsewhere in town. I use that road a lot and for what it's worth, the entertainment value far exceeds the disruption caused by the accidents. Of the three or four I've seen in person, none has blocked off both lanes, so at worst traffic slows down a bit if it's rush hour.

It's probably more for the integrity of the bridge.