Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot

Typo posted:

They will fail, because like the rest of the establishment, they lost touch with the base who do think women deserves to be punished

whatever tears apart the far right and the far far right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

zen death robot posted:

Jeb is a mess!

Hell yeah I would abort baby Hitler!

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot

zen death robot posted:

Jeb is a mess!

jeb would probably sell a guac bowl to a woman who had an abortion so she can have a container for her spicy dip

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
any1 still watch the mclaughlin group

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSqsBfBCW7k

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

Mitt Romney posted:

I still think with the conventions a month early this year that if a brokered convention comes around and they nominate Romney or Kasich the odds for the general get closer to 50/50. July-Nov is a long time.

If they nominate anyone other than Trump at the convention, we are going to see the margins widen. The Trump voters, and those who think its wrong to screw him will be gone for the 2016 general election. That will lead to even more Republicans staying home when they know the election is lost. The most respectable showing in the general election will come from letting Trump be the nominee and stumble his way to 40-something percent of the vote.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

mitt romney,
puts on sunglasses in an exceedingly arnold scwarzenneger in the terminator fashion, looks down at the gop with an emotionless expression,

"come with me if u want to live"

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

mooyashi posted:

I do.. now

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
Seriously I can't believe pro-lifers are running away from this so fast. You've been campaigning to make abortion illegal for 40 years, did you never think about what would end up happening if you won?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

zoux posted:

https://twitter.com/LukeRussert/status/715268866536898564

I have a feeling that many single issue prolife voters weren't hugely behind Trump before so I dunno if it will hurt him bad, but the GOPe prolife machine, which is quite a machine, is churning against him. Looks like the party line is "punish the abortionists, not the women"

And here's the downticket consequences.
https://twitter.com/nielslesniewski/status/715275721673949184

i can sorta understand that mainstream prolife logic. its not the womans fault, she was tricked into/was promicuis/something. the evil doctor is to blame. or some stuff. idk.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Mar 30, 2016

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
I really love the Trump campaign. Like, a lot.

https://twitter.com/ZekeJMiller/status/715277819169869824

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
Huh. So only Trump can Stump the Trump.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i can sorta understand that logic. its not the womans fault, she was tricked into/was promicuis/something. the evil doctor is to blame. or some stuff. idk.

The logic is "It is extremely bad politics to say out loud that women should go to jail for having an abortion, but we sure as poo poo think it."

holy poo poo lol

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Man I miss Keith Olbermann. The only way this election could be any more entertaining would be if we had Olbermann screaming at the TV every night about Trump.

Cracked_Gear
Nov 4, 2013

zoux posted:

I'm still concerned that the GOP will avoid somehow their deserved fate and continue to be the dominant party in American politics against all reckoning because that's what's happened every time before this

nah I think Trump calling out Dubya and utterly destroying Jeb Bush and possibly the Bush name is when the GOPe passed the point of no return.

The Reaganites are aging and dying, Bush has been humiliated, more and more people want to burn it all down and rebuild

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

is trump melting down

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010

He already said something similar to the NYT and CNN last week.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

mooyashi posted:

ABGAHBAJGAHGH! GAHGHAJGAHAHBJAAHBJA! DEATH IN THE NIGHT! AFDANADGHAVHDFHFANAC!

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

What Trump really wants is Uber for abortions. Disrupt pregnancy.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

pathetic little tramp posted:

Seriously I can't believe pro-lifers are running away from this so fast. You've been campaigning to make abortion illegal for 40 years, did you never think about what would end up happening if you won?

he is saying what they are thinking but they know their ideas aren't ready for prime time yet because they haven't elected a ted cruz to convert america into a theocracy yet they're like too soon executus you have awoken me too soooooon

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

zoux posted:

The logic is "It is extremely bad politics to say out loud that women should go to jail for having an abortion, but we sure as poo poo think it."

I am sure alot of them do. especially dudes like cruz. but they are smart enough to not say it where they can be caught.

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

Zelder posted:

is trump melting down

lol the full Goldwater

after today trump goes up by like 4 points in the polls, unfavoribility in the general electorate goes up by 2

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
It's also ironic to bring up the issue of nuclear weapons right as the Nuclear Security Summit began in DC today/

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
Keith Olbermann mostly just tweets pictures of sunsets last time i checked (like 5 years ago)

Wait doesnt he have another indignanty anger show again on some D-level cable channel

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
im Pat Buchanan doing the History Channel "Aliens!" guy hands and shouting over himself

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

Oh, here we go now. Everyone is gonna blow this out of proportion.
It's just a way to strengthen our trade policy with German auto manufacturers.

In seriousness, there's a beautiful poetry to Chris Matthews coming out of his fog like King Théoden to stump Trump in one last flourish.

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "

paranoid randroid posted:

ABGAHBAJGAHGH! GAHGHAJGAHAHBJAAHBJA! DEATH IN THE NIGHT! AFDANADGHAVHDFHFANAC!

WRONG! You all had Special K, with ban-a-naaaa

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

what is going on with Trump today :stare:

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Yes.. bomb Europe.. finish what Hitler could not

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

ReidRansom posted:

well hes making Chris Matthews look like Edward Murrow

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

Hey guys I heard that Trump wants to waterboard women who have abortions or something and got here as fast as I could

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

ReidRansom posted:

"today"

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Hypothesis: Trump finally realized he's going to win the nomination and is changing his mind. The problem is that he doesn't know nothing matters, and that he's already grown too strong, and the anime idiots have his back

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

the geneva convention will now be interpreted to mean conventional weapons will not be used on geneva

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

Mr. Nice! posted:

Can I get a recap of everything last night?

Only part I dipped into was some poor dairy farmer asking Cruz what his short and long term solutions would be to legal/Illegal immigration. He stressed that the only workers who would milk his cattle were immigrants and without them, the business would fold.

Cruz took a few seconds to get spun up and then bombarded him with a bunch of bullshit about how some guy who had a pepper plantation invented a new machine in order to harvest his peppers and then something about Sonny Bono. Needless to say, he never answered the question, I felt bad for the guy who had to stand up for the response.

Then I turned off my TV and was much happier. Thanks for listening.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

fair enough

zoux posted:

well hes making Chris Matthews look like Edward Murrow

another in the list of atrocities this man has committed/will commit

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
So Trump has single-handedly divided the Republican party into extremist vs establishment and now he's dividing the pro-life movement into "SHHHH" and "STONE THE WHORE" factions.

ALL HAIL TRUMP

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Louisgod posted:

Hypothesis: Trump finally realized he's going to win the nomination and is changing his mind. The problem is that he doesn't know nothing matters, and that he's already grown too strong, and the anime idiots have his back

Thesis: Trump is going to win the nomination.

Antithesis: Trump is behaving increasingly erratically.

Synthesis: lol nothing matters

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

Chris Matthews sighed as he drew his lightsaber

MasterSitsu
Nov 23, 2013

These candidates sicken me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

pathetic little tramp posted:

So Trump has single-handedly divided the Republican party into extremist vs establishment and now he's dividing the pro-life movement into "SHHHH" and "STONE THE WHORE" factions.

ALL HAIL TRUMP

Please, please don't let this train ever stop

• Locked thread