Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

CineD is the worst forum on the internet.

Be the change you want to see in the world

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Blind Sally posted:

gonna need some sweet boots. what've you got?

I'm gonna buy this cheap pair from wal-mart and gently caress them up real good

M_Gargantua posted:

For last Halloween I did a Nux Costume. Used silver acrylic paint for the scars, flesh tone for the imortan logo, lathered up the remainder in white creme. Its recommended by "Professionals" that you use Krylon Aquacolor like they did for the movie but that stuff is like $50 a pop. I used the much cheaper Peniete Pour white body paint instead. Worked fine with no couches ruined, but I also had the foresight to try keep my back from rubbing everywhere even when I was a bit drunk.

As for the face I had a great job done by a friend where they used purples and blues to really sink my eyes and make it look like I had super gaunt cheeks.

Hey awesome, I had some "proper" makeup and stuff in my amazon cart but this would be way cheaper

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
why not swing by a good will store and see if you can find a pair of beat up work boots? it'd make for a more authentic look. (kind of a crap shoot for the style you're after, but might be worth a shot).

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Blind Sally posted:

why not swing by a good will store and see if you can find a pair of beat up work boots? it'd make for a more authentic look. (kind of a crap shoot for the style you're after, but might be worth a shot).

I would, but I have real small feet for a dude and the goodwills around here are absolutely awful. Still, worth a try!

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

Milky Moor posted:

If you can't tell that Lockdown was turning into a gun because the camera was turning around, well...

Wait, wait, wait. It's a bad thing that the pyrotechnics and CGI take a back seat to the human actors and their drama?
I have no idea who lockdown is, I just heard some poo poo was going on this thread. Here were my thoughts watching that scene: SWAT teams and lights, cartoon dust ball fight on a boat, more swat teams and lights. Robot gets leg blown off. Robot with leg blown off has something growing out the back of his head? Is he like a hedgehog robot? Robot gets head blown up. Wait, his head like grew and exploded? Cut to other gun shaped robot. Oh, I guess that makes sense.

Its a horrible scene and a horrible shot.

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

Bay / Transformers chat is :mediocre:

War Boy outfit is looking good. You should only wear 1 boot for authenticity.

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

WE HAVE TO CONTROL OUR ENVIRONMENT
IF YOU SEE ME POSTING OUTSIDE OF THE AUSPOL THREAD PLEASE TELL ME THAT I'M MISSED AND TO START POSTING AGAIN
I saw some trend piece in the paper claiming that The Furiosa would be the hot new haircut of 2016. I laughed it off, until I noticed a few of my female friends shaving their heads.

Just get some Docs. When the costume is done, you'll have Docs. For added authenticity, order Aussie work boots like Blundstones.

Count Chocula fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Mar 10, 2016

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Blundstones are (almost exclusivly) made overseas now. Get Redbacks, they now make the Australian Army boots.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Snowman_McK posted:

Be the change you want to see in the world

ok, first thing i will do is encourage everyone to call you a little baby bitch

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

so I know forever ago that someone in here bought a V8 because of this movie, anyone else try to make a souped up road machine in the 10 months since this came out?

Whiz Palace
Dec 8, 2013
For a few years in the 2000s, Mercedes made cars with supercharged V8s, the most Mad Max engine there is. You can still find them used, but their yearly maintenance is about the same as the purchase cost.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Aces High posted:

so I know forever ago that someone in here bought a V8 because of this movie, anyone else try to make a souped up road machine in the 10 months since this came out?

For a silly sketch video my friend and I decorated his car in the most low-rent low-budget mad max style we possibly could
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EufS0xhUSZ8

I don't know if it counts as a souped up road machine, but I am pretty proud of the cardboard spikes and skeleton hand wine glasses we taped to the front. To say nothing of the various plastic kitchenware duct taped to his roof mount.

witness

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
Here's the face one (she even does the lip sutures!):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEtKWppPc00

And here's how to do the body scarring (assuming you're going for Nux and not just some random War Boy!) :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IQ9ImOIpCM

Might also want to find some leather cuffs/chains/paracord bracelets to really polish it; seems like a lot of the War Boys had some form of them.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
The lip scars are something I haven't noticed an explanation for yet in all the times I've watched Fury Road. Do warboys have their mouths sewn shut at some point?

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
It's probably to make their faces look more skull-like.

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

IF YOU SEE ME POSTING OUTSIDE OF THE AUSPOL THREAD PLEASE TELL ME THAT I'M MISSED AND TO START POSTING AGAIN
Might be a tribute to Heath Ledger's Joker, since he was meant to play Max for ages?

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔

Basebf555 posted:

The lip scars are something I haven't noticed an explanation for yet in all the times I've watched Fury Road. Do warboys have their mouths sewn shut at some point?
They have no water

They're super-chapped

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

Simply Simon posted:

They have no water

They're super-chapped

Yes! Even on a normal summer day here a few hours without water will make you dry, heat-stroked, and dizzy and weird. A day without sunscreen will burn you. Multiple that by Mad Max time and it explains almost all the insanity in the movie.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
I always figured painting themselves white was essentially their version of sunscreen.

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

M_Gargantua posted:

I always figured painting themselves white was essentially their version of sunscreen.

'Version of?' Does the rest of the world not have white zinc sun cream that gets slathered on all summer? It's a combo of that and Indigenous face paint, I imagine. In the parlance of the country, they've 'gone feral'.

The Mad Max movies are way more realistic than I'd like. Especially the first one.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe
Immortan Joe might have to put the white powder on because of his skin condition, so maybe the warboys use it as a nod to him. Probably just sunscreen though.

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

My real question is whether the stilt guys masks were meant to look like Borderlands. That one bit where they lunge at the camera comes from the box art.
Once somebody pointed out that 'Imperator' is male and Furiosa should be an Imperatrix, I've just assumed that Immortan Joe was kicked out of Ceaser's Legion for bad Latin.

But seriously the Mad Max movies capture the hosed up combo of booze and heat that's Australia. And the endless roads - the War Rig's what we call a 'road train'.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Nah, they're a male-dominated society. You wanna make it as a woman, you have to be a man. There's room for an imperator who happens to be a woman, but there certainly isn't room for the concept of an Imperatrix.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Where is Cheedo?

e: The one at the bottom left? But she has no long dark hair!
e2: I'm dumb, that is clearly Nux

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Lady Not Appearing on This Poster.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

Basebf555 posted:

I assumed it was a combo of lovely dry conditions and being out in the sun, substance abuse, and looking like a spoopy skull :hb: (Spoilers: spoopy skull is always why they have the black dot on their noses.)

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
cross-posting a mad max joke from the meme thread

Trabant posted:

buncha bad opinions itt

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe
drat I just noticed how badass Immortan Joe's boots are.

Awesome Andy
Feb 18, 2007

All the spoils of a wasted life
I've always been a little confused by the birthing scene, did the baby die or not it seems like it did but then that guy gets on his car and talks about how his baby brother is perfect in every way.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Doesn't he say "I had a little baby brother"?

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
They are both announcing propaganda to the masses, and Rictus is dumb.

Seriously, in every scene where Rictus says something, find Joe in the frame and he is glowering like "oh my loving god why is he so dumb".

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy
It's pretty clear that the baby died. Even Joe is speaking in past tense, "Was it a boy?"

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
Yeah, I'm pretty sure Organic says something to the effect of that the baby would have been perfect if it had lived or something?

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Yeah I think what he was saying was "if she hadn't been run over by a loving truck this babby would have been high quality but unfortunately welp!"

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

I think the problem was less "she got run over by a loving truck" and more "she got run over by a loving truck AND the baby was too early to survive".

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
"Another month, coulda been your viable human!"

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

MMAgCh posted:

"Another month, coulda been your viable human!"

organic mechanic is such a complete douche it's incredible

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
That character's bedside manner vs. what his knowledge and job is and the people he works for is one of my favorite small things in the movie. Like this guy must be one of like four or five doctors left on earth.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Yeah bedside manner is pretty meaningless when your only competition is a witch doctor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Neo Rasa posted:

That character's bedside manner vs. what his knowledge and job is and the people he works for is one of my favorite small things in the movie. Like this guy must be one of like four or five doctors left on earth.

Yeah with his knowledge and skillset he could ask for just about anything/get away with anything cause where on earth are you gonna get another one of him

• Locked thread