Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Krad posted:

I remember a time when fans where asking Arrow to be a little more lighthearted because the show was too serious or dark or some crap like that. As soon as they started leaning on that direction (along with pleasing the tumblr audience with Felicity), it all went to crap. What a coincidence. And now it's too late, there's no turning back. Maybe next season will be less crap.

This is a really dumb thing to point out. S3 was by far the darkest time of the show in both mood and quality. S4 got a bit lighter (by no means extremely light) and was for a long while much better and we enjoyed it. It got super lovely again when the series decided to, once again, embrace love drama instead of fun character interactions.

Kill S3 Felicity, bring S2 Felicity back. Because the one we have now is absolutely S3 Felicity again, which is something that I doubt anyone ever wanted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
S3's second half started pulling for the Olicity coupling that would later destroy the show. S4 started off with Oliver baking pies and living in the suburbs. I still have no idea how anyone actually enjoyed the beginning of this season, really. And Felicity is not the only problem here, either. Why does everyone Oliver knows have to become a super hero? The show worked much, much better when it was just the Arrow alone in the field with maybe Diggle serving as his occasional backup (and then Sara but she came and went a lot). Having three sidekicks with him at all times feels like overkill, not to mention the only purpose Speedy/Laurel serve is to get knocked out as soon as the fighting starts.

Basically I miss rear end in a top hat not-Batman Oliver.

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man

Krad posted:

S3's second half started pulling for the Olicity coupling that would later destroy the show. S4 started off with Oliver baking pies and living in the suburbs. I still have no idea how anyone actually enjoyed the beginning of this season, really. And Felicity is not the only problem here, either. Why does everyone Oliver knows have to become a super hero? The show worked much, much better when it was just the Arrow alone in the field with maybe Diggle serving as his occasional backup (and then Sara but she came and went a lot). Having three sidekicks with him at all times feels like overkill, not to mention the only purpose Speedy/Laurel serve is to get knocked out as soon as the fighting starts.

I don't know what your talking about, I love how every fight scene begins with a non-descript van entering from the background to help Oliver and then segways into three people jumping out of the back to fight the three extra Call of Duty avatars, with all eight people standing exactly still and landing no punches.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Proposition Joe posted:

I don't know what your talking about, I love how every fight scene begins with a non-descript van entering from the background to help Oliver and then segways into three people jumping out of the back to fight the three extra Call of Duty avatars, with all eight people standing exactly still and landing no punches.

awwwww yeah, please shoot all the action from 30+ feet away birds eye view so it's blindingly obvious everybody is hitting an exact specific mark before doing their prat flip. Your trailer already has your name on it, they're behind the studio.

Krad posted:

I'll give them props for the last chase scene where Thea was riding on top of a car and got smashed into a wall cartoon-style, that was hilarious.
drat I actually forgot about that. That was so out of left field it got a genuine burst out laugh from me.

bring back old gbs fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Mar 30, 2016

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
I'll give them props for the last chase scene where Thea was riding on top of a car and got smashed into a wall cartoon-style, that was hilarious.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
At the very least, Diggle and Laurel should appear a lot less frequently with the former staying on the sidelines as back up and the other having an actual important day job. Thea still has "do whatever the gently caress she wants" money so her playing persistent sidekick is okay.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Krad posted:

Everyone forgets Roy.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

bobkatt013 posted:

Everyone forgets Roy.

Barry time traveled again this week and somehow wiped Roy out of existence.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I finally caught up with the backhalf of this season. They actually managed to have quite a roll with that stuff pre-post-pre-break. Really fun stuff with Argus and Merlyn and Roy and poo poo. Even the episode with Olly's kid is fun.

Until the very end.

Like the thing about all the Felicity poo poo is that it is just blather. Nobody knows how to respond to it. Olly just has an empty stare when she's talking about her relationship problems. Thea and Digg's big advice is just 'eh'. There's no attempt at responding to what she's saying because there isn't anything actually happening other than wasting time until the next scene. This last episode is probably the worst the show has ever been. Felicity is just a straight up psychopath in it. Nothing makes sense. The way she's acting at the start of the episode, the nonchalance while working with the team, her nuptial speech, the way she rejects him at the end. There's no cause/effect, it's just picking a random direction for the story and having her behave like a crazy person to make it fit.

Also I feel totally suckered because I saw the preview with the bloodied up Darhk and I guess that was actually a season preview because it sure didn't happen in that waste of loving time thing I just watched.

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

Rhyno posted:

Barry time traveled again this week and somehow wiped Roy out of existence.

instead Barry got Pied Piper as bestest buddy so that trade went well

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Xelkelvos posted:

If Felicity's mom plays a large enough role, it might be tolerable

Turns out she is the best hacker in the whole family.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
I know I'm going to be the only one to say it but gently caress it, I have to get it off my chest. I HATE the new HQ. It has come to symbolize everything wrong with some of the season for me: an upgrade, and well lit and expansive but it just seems too light and soulless. It just sits there wanting to be a JLA set piece and outside sparring w/ Laurel it hasn't even hosted a training montage. There is a loving Salmon Ladder turning tricks somewhere, out in the cold, now that The Arrow has abandoned it.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
Also, when was the last time someone failed the city?

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."

OB_Juan posted:

The writers, which is why they aren't having him say it.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

kater posted:

Olly just has an empty stare

The "Empty Stare" is the only facial expression Amell knows, unfortunately.

Kind of sad that people think he's a good actor.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
Kinda ironic that they managed to expand the cave when they actually have less budget this season.

OB_Juan posted:

The city is in the grave.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Why does Malcolm still need a sling

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

I am really enjoying the start of this episode.

I'm sure that will change once the bees show up.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

nooneofconsequence posted:

Why does Malcolm still need a sling

I mean, part of his arm WAS chopped of a few weeks ago.

Also, drat Katie Cassidy.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
These wacky quippy super villians work way better in Arrow than Flash...

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Why don't one of these men just punch her

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.
I knew the episode was gonna have that abysmal bee-themed villain from 'Flash' but goddamn, the episode was pretty sweet before that. Training scenes and such.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

FELD1 posted:

I knew the episode was gonna have that abysmal bee-themed villain from 'Flash' but goddamn, the episode was pretty sweet before that. Training scenes and such.

A-bee-smal.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
Also, WHY DONT YOU CALL BARRY AND CISCO? MAYBE?

edit: oh hey, murmur makes a return.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Kill Felicity, keep this guy.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.
Curtis in the Arrow-cave is pretty great actually. This is more light-hearted in the best way.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

The bad news is you will have to pee the bees out, Oliver.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

It's so lame the CW won't spend the money to animate the Canary Cry.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

howe_sam posted:

It's so lame the CW won't spend the money to animate the Canary Cry.

Monday's Supergirl ep really showed how much better it works with some VFX.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

My Girl reference :lol:

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
What is this beacon of hope poo poo

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
So Ollie is fighting a giant bee golem?

I can dig it.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

I see there is a contender for Ray Harper's needless parkour crown.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Gotta get Oliver and Laurel back together

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

This was a good ep. Bee lady, bee puns, a bee robot man, Curtis and Det Lance.

"So can anyone just walk in here?"

Damien hamming it up in jail was great too.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Mar 31, 2016

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Malcolm calling out Darhk on his performance issues was hilarious

mythicknight
Jan 28, 2009

my thick night

"I USED TO BE RAYSH AL GUL"

He does love this line don't he. It's loving great.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
A loving robot bee man, holy poo poo.

That was an incredible episode.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Whoa. I just finished the episode on my DVR and the channel was showing Bee Movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

Basebf555 posted:

What is this beacon of hope poo poo

Bee-con.

• Locked thread