Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

bobmarleysghost posted:

Dukeku made this

I don't get it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

ansel autisms posted:

I don't get it

Timb (apple ceo) takes a blurry out of focus picture with his iphone camera and posts it on twitter. Meanwhile apple has a bunch of billboards showing pretty pictures taken with an iphone.

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

I found the best photographer.

Daily Mail posted:

EXCLUSIVE: Oh snap! America's 'most hated mom' Casey Anthony, 29, launches photography business - with help from renowned PI, 67, who helped clear her of daughter's murder
  • Pariah mom Casey Anthony has filed papers with the Florida Department of State to register a new business, Case Photography, LLC
  • Daily Mail Online found Casey snapping away with her Canon EOS camera, as veteran private detective Patrick J. McKenna showed her the ropes
  • Anthony has been staying with McKenna, who was the lead investigator on her defense team
  • Anthony has set up blogs, online slideshows and a Facebook page to showcase her work - but is yet to post a single image
  • Daily Mail Online can reveal the papers have been copied to Facebook page where users have posted threats and abuse
  • In 2014 Anthony was living as virtual recluse and working as a housekeeper, clerk and secretary

I hear she takes killer shots.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...r-s-murder.html

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Doggles posted:

I found the best photographer.

I hear she takes killer shots.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...r-s-murder.html
*flash pops up*

feigning interest
Jun 22, 2007

I just hate seeing anything go to waste.

akadajet posted:

*flash pops up*

You just know she'll just get bored of it in a couple of years and dump it in the woods

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

feigning interest posted:

You just know she'll just get bored of it in a couple of years and dump it in the woods

:vince:

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc

xzzy posted:

Too bad the error is operator error. He was probably sprinting to the clusterfuck of humanity while taking pictures.

I mean yeah the iphone has glacial focus speed but if you just stand still for a second it'll do a better job than that.

tim cook parachute account spotted

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

akadajet posted:

Timb (apple ceo) takes a blurry out of focus picture with his iphone camera and posts it on twitter. Meanwhile apple has a bunch of billboards showing pretty pictures taken with an iphone.

but I'm dukeku and I didn't make it :mrgw:

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich
the post is coming from inside the forums!!!

KinkyJohn
Sep 19, 2002

I thought sony had the best phone camera followed by samsung and then maybe iphonez

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

KinkyJohn posted:

I thought sony had the best phone camera followed by samsung and then maybe iphonez

There was a blind test on a big Android site, and the iPhone won most of the categories. The user base then threw an absolutely massive hissy fit from "the iPhone pictures may be more pleasing but the Android photos depict the harsh, cold reality of life in a more accurate way" to "iPhone people must have worked out which pictures were of their phone and then invaded and skewed the results". It's pretty hilarious.

KinkyJohn
Sep 19, 2002

EL BROMANCE posted:

There was a blind test on a big Android site, and the iPhone won most of the categories. The user base then threw an absolutely massive hissy fit from "the iPhone pictures may be more pleasing but the Android photos depict the harsh, cold reality of life in a more accurate way" to "iPhone people must have worked out which pictures were of their phone and then invaded and skewed the results". It's pretty hilarious.

I was more referring to the dxomark scores http://www.dxomark.com/Mobiles/Column-right/Mobile-Scores

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

An oldie but goodie:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/carlsjr/

SMERSH Mouth
Jun 25, 2005

I just woke up, took my first drink of coffee, and clicked that link. It was a bad decision.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

SMERSH Mouth posted:

I just woke up, took my first drink of coffee, and clicked that link. It was a bad decision.

what are you talking about?

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

forums are messed up. show up last post!

KinkyJohn
Sep 19, 2002

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

She's in her safe space during the photoshoots.

feigning interest
Jun 22, 2007

I just hate seeing anything go to waste.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUuH4TEmgLo&t=5s

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Just imagine how long she practiced that in front of a mirror to make sure she got the same look every single time.

A true professional!

Used to hawk lovely fast food.

Ric
Nov 18, 2005

Apocalypse dude

Are you ready to be inspired?

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib
I am hopelessly nerdy and easily amused, so I searched a M:tG database for cards Noah Bradley was the artist for.
Your Amusement May Vary:

Drown in Sorrow
Fade into Antiquity
Forgotten Cave
Pinnacle of Rage
Spelltwine ("Spell Whine")

Art school gives you more than just skills, though, right? Like, a decent art school degree should come with contacts and a pile of "soft skills" that will help you land a decent job or set up yourself as a freelancer, I expect.

I found that Medium article (aside: Medium is such a crapshoot. Some good stuff there, buried under mountains of shyte) and Noah Bradley's Art Camp.

quote:

Will my work be critiqued?

Art Camp is not currently being offered as a live course. I'd recommend joining online communities on Facebook to find like-minded artists who would be happy to share their critiques.
Also, Wikipedia says he's quite the famous Redditor. That counts as a negative, to me.

KinkyJohn
Sep 19, 2002

ExecuDork posted:

Also, Wikipedia says he's quite the famous Redditor. That counts as a negative, to me.

KinkyJohn
Sep 19, 2002

thetzar
Apr 22, 2001
Fallen Rib

Without sarcasm: wow, photoshop filters have gotten good.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

lol

daspope
Sep 20, 2006

Is that a square phone or camera?

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

It's one of these probably

Fart Amplifier
Apr 12, 2003

It's the Hellraiser puzzle box.

Ric
Nov 18, 2005

Apocalypse dude

Visited that website. For more information on courses, they direct you to contact best.net.advertising@gmail.com

Rest assured though, "We comply with all the stringent standards of ethical conduct set forth by the Direct Marketing Association."

crap nerd
May 24, 2008
Now you can fully immerse yourself in a hellish HDR landscape thanks to virtual reality

the nest_HDR by jheng Li, on Flickr

if you're not yet jacked in to the future of bullshit, you can follow the link to pan around street-view style

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

In a world without shadows, only one man was brave enough to document it.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
~
code:
] r_fullbright 1

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

http://abcnews.go.com/US/mother-charged-year-olds-death-commissioned-life-photos/story?id=38034767

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc
Anyone that commissions afterlife photoshops should be charged with a crime. I don't even care which one.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Anyone who accepts such a commission should have their computer ground into a paste and poured down their throat.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

xzzy posted:

Anyone who accepts such a commission should have their computer ground into a paste and poured down their throat.

You gotta do what you gotta do when you are a non famous pro photog

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

A Saucy Bratwurst posted:

You gotta do what you gotta do when you are a non famous pro photog

except he did it for free

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib