Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

If you have Tidal it's the first video on this page: http://listen.tidal.com/artist/25022/videos

near the end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
What's the appropriate response to the most recent iteration of Wolves so I can sound like an aloof dipshit hipster on Twitter

atrus50
Dec 24, 2008

Alec Eiffel posted:

What's the appropriate response to the most recent iteration of Wolves so I can sound like an aloof dipshit hipster on Twitter

"i was promised bjork"

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

What if Pitchfork, was in the club. And they hear a record, about real love. Voted BNM but quickly pulled. And the loving title, was just Wolves.

atrus50
Dec 24, 2008
Lettuce give tanks for gud Friday http://youtu.be/0UF72YA4d-g

Xanderkish
Aug 10, 2011

Hello!
Shared by Rap Genius:

Rap Genius posted:

Migos, Vic Mensa, BIG SEAN, Lil Yachty, Kanye West, Tyler the Creator. Turbo Grafx 16...

I think Kanye's face just peeking out from behind the wall and Tyler's cap just barely seen above it are both so :3:

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG
Who's the guy with the rose gold?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

https://twitter.com/Seinfeld2000/status/714677201170464768

NeuroticErotica
Sep 9, 2003

Perform sex? Uh uh, I don't think I'm up to a performance, but I'll rehearse with you...

Bass Bottles posted:

Who's the guy with the rose gold?

Lil Yachty

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Same question.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Famous showed up on Apple Music yesterday.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Which version?

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Pretty Lady Blob posted:

Which version?

Updated. It's on Spotify too.

a fragile ego
Oct 19, 2014

^burtle posted:

Same question.

Lil Yachty is a new guy who's in the same general genre as Young Thug, trap game crooner I guess. His mixtape Lil Boat got a lot of attention because it can best be compared to what Chance would do if he was put onto a trap project. Super upbeat and laid back production, and generally happy lyrics.

https://m.soundcloud.com/770rd

It's been sort of a love-it-or-hate-it thing.

Xanderkish
Aug 10, 2011

Hello!

Pirate Jet posted:

Updated. It's on Spotify too.

Hey, so is "I Love Kanye"! Are they testing out other streaming services now?

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Did anyone ever ask Seth Rogen if Pablo was the album Kanye rapped him in the back of that van?

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Not sure who else was able to buy the album when it was briefly up, but I just got a download link to the updated version so looks like those are rolling out as well.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

On iTunes?

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug

Xanderkish posted:

Hey, so is "I Love Kanye"! Are they testing out other streaming services now?

Releasing "I Love Kanye" as an official single is the most Kanye thing ever

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

HorseRenoir posted:

Releasing "I Love Kanye" as an official single is the most Kanye thing ever

Man that would be so kanye

obliriovrons
Jul 18, 2009

^burtle posted:

Did anyone ever ask Seth Rogen if Pablo was the album Kanye rapped him in the back of that van?

It's hard to feel bad for Seth Rogen after The Interview, but if anything will do it, it's the idea of him having to hear a bunch of a capella TLOP verses and pretend to like them.

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

lol https://www.reddit.com/r/hiphopheads/comments/4cnbx0/the_life_of_pablo_has_been_updated_again/

quote:

ULB: The choir is mixed better. Everyone's vocals except Chance have a lot more reverb.
FSMH1: Background vocals at the end of Kanye's verse and a little on the hook. The snare isn't as loud as the original release. Beat is a lot more clear.
FSMH2: Way more full. gently caress. Everything is a lot more prevalent. This is such a good mix.
Famous: Swizz's adlibs on the bam bam outro aren't as loud and they echo more.
Feedback: It's shorter. Kanye's vocals are more balanced with the beat now. The bass is also a lot more mixed. Beat is a lot more different in general.
Low Lights: Reverb and echos? I don't see that much of a difference.
Highlights: Vocal's now sit behind the beat. Thugs vocals are a lot more clear and less harsh.
freestyle 4 was changed at 0:45 (and each time this pops up) and at 1:38 there's a new sound. - r/jewishbrick
I love Kanye: Noticably louder?
Waves: Kanye's first verse is rerecorded. Lots more echos. The snare doesn't make you deaf anymore!! Thank you Kanye.
FML: Vocal's are more mixed. They sit on top of the beat now. Background vocals added.
Real Friends
Wolves:
Frank's track
30 Hours
NMPILA
Facts
Fade has reportedly been updated. I'm checking right now.
This post will be updated accordingly. If I miss anything let me know.

atrus50
Dec 24, 2008
1.4 way better than 1.3, but some fun glitches got patched out rip earspliting ULB choir

Xanderkish
Aug 10, 2011

Hello!
It is fascinating watching the mixes of these evolve. I hope someone's keeping all the versions of each song.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
I can't tell the difference on Fade other than the tiny outro bit. Still a great tune

Xanderkish
Aug 10, 2011

Hello!
Apparently the cuts aren't as clean. I noticed it.

And ya, it is still a great tune.

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

Holy gently caress it's so different now. Feedback and Waves especially...

I think I liked the OG Pablo

atrus50
Dec 24, 2008
god this new low lights is trash ye plz

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
I'm too attached to the old versions but this final mix is cool I guess. Nice to finally have closure on this album.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Hahahaha Yeezy tweeted out every line of I Love Kanye in separate tweets :allears:

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

new background vocals on Father Stretch My Hands Pt 1 are cool

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

am I crazy or did he update Wolves again? I don't remember Vic and Sia's verses being mixed this loudly

Looove this if this is the final version though. Just better-mixed across the board. I like the subtle background vocals added in a couple tracks, makes me wonder how many other elements he recorded that got scrapped (I imagine there's an alternate universe where he used everything and it ended up MBDTF levels of dense). The only change I'm not 100% on board with is that I liked the harsher Feedback but I'll admit this version fits way better on this album (it's basically a misplaced Yeezus track to begin with)

abraham linksys fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Mar 31, 2016

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
On Feedback I loving love the new bass backing the hook. Hooooly poo poo.

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches
album is even better now.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

alansmithee posted:

Not sure who else was able to buy the album when it was briefly up, but I just got a download link to the updated version so looks like those are rolling out as well.

Just to say this isn't the updated version just the one with new Wolves, Frank's Track and probably new Famous hahahahahahaha for gently caress's sake.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
Wait is there a 3rd update or are yall still talking about the more subtle changes to the second one

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Third
Edit: we're discussing Pablo 3

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

pablo_v3_final_FINAL_rc2.zip

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
The backing vocals on Father pt1 are so good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

Kanye please stop http://www.nytimes.com/2016/04/02/arts/music/kanye-west-life-pablo-tidal-streams.html

Def Jam, Mr. West’s label and a subsidiary of Universal Music Group, said in a statement: “In the months to come, Kanye will release new updates, new versions and new iterations of the album,” calling it a “continuous process.”

• Locked thread