Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dread Head
Aug 1, 2005

0-#01

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elgarbo
Mar 26, 2013

Marrickville by Michael Garbutt, on Flickr

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

How do you meter for something like this ?
If I had the option I'd get close to get a reading on the greenhouse and then proceed to ignore the reverse square law, OR shoot a bunch on my DSLR until I get the settings right and adjust for reciprocity failure.

Ric
Nov 18, 2005

Apocalypse dude

Malmo

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

unpacked robinhood posted:

How do you meter for something like this ?
If I had the option I'd get close to get a reading on the greenhouse and then proceed to ignore the reverse square law, OR shoot a bunch on my DSLR until I get the settings right and adjust for reciprocity failure.

If it's Portra you could just meter for a darker part of the scene as the highlights take a lot of abuse to actually blow out

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Gisland by Trevor Zuliani, on Flickr

YVR by Trevor Zuliani, on Flickr

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Modena by alkanphel, on Flickr

neckbeard
Jan 25, 2004

Oh Bambi, I cried so hard when those hunters shot your mommy...
Lake Wakatipu by Tyler Huestis, on Flickr

Ben Lomond Track by Tyler Huestis, on Flickr

Ben Lomond Track by Tyler Huestis, on Flickr

Ben Lomond Summit by Tyler Huestis, on Flickr

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.
St. Paul's Cathedral by Daric Ashy, on Flickr

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

drat

Putrid Grin
Sep 16, 2007

Love these colors.
You selling prints?

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

God im such a garbage photographer.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Garbage is poo poo like:

A Saucy Bratwurst posted:

you should try joining some local facebook photography groups if you want to see some poo poo

joined a brisbane one expecting to find similar to what you get here and well. Friends posting stuff on their facebook is one thing but these are people who dunning kruger themselves to the moon

You put effort into composition and that automatically makes you better than 90% of people who say they are photographers

That first one is a shot that is nearly there, maybe further back up the street and a longer lens to try and make it more straight if possible? I've been trying to get a picture that captures the feeling of Brisbanes evening summer storms for ages. That is Brisbane right?

underage at the vape shop fucked around with this message at 11:54 on Mar 30, 2016

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Garbage is poo poo like that. You put effort into composition and that automatically makes you better than 90% of people who say they are photographers

That first one is a shot that is nearly there, maybe further back up the street and a longer lens to try and make it more straight if possible? I've been trying to get a picture that captures the feeling of Brisbanes evening summer storms for ages. That is Brisbane right?

Are you talking to yourself or to me?

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
You. Made it clearer what I meant

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

It is Brisbane, McLennan St Wooloowin.

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

piss by Enver Hoxha, on Flickr

burzum karaoke
May 30, 2003

I like it a lot

MrBlandAverage
Jul 2, 2003

GNNAAAARRRR

1950 NE Everett, 2014 by Isaac Sachs, on Flickr

crap nerd
May 24, 2008

Putrid Grin
Sep 16, 2007

_DSC2449 by Maciej, on Flickr

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine

Putrid Grin posted:

Love these colors.
You selling prints?

Not actively, but if you want one I can start working on translating those colors to print. :haw:

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

They should have called it Quinten Box

Ric
Nov 18, 2005

Apocalypse dude

365 Nog Hogger posted:

Not actively, but if you want one I can start working on translating those colors to print. :haw:
While the topic's broached, I'd love a print of this:

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine
Please direct your inquiries regarding obtaining a highly appreciable objet d'art to barrelbreak at gmail

neckbeard
Jan 25, 2004

Crown Range Lookout by Tyler Huestis, on Flickr

Bruce Bay by Tyler Huestis, on Flickr

Christchurch Sunrise by Tyler Huestis, on Flickr

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
I love your pictures so much because I drove over the Crown Range road like at least ten, probably more like 15 times, this winter and it just looks so different in the summer, but at the same time still also very much the same.

I bet you also didn't have as many morons doing the entire switchback part of that road at 5kph because there was a bit of snow on the ground.

neckbeard
Jan 25, 2004

thanks, traffic was really light but there were a fair amount of campers and I'll admit I wasn't the fastest one on the road, but that's because a rental Yaris with 84HP and 89lbs/ft of torque isn't the proper vehicle for driving up mountains.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
Yeah, we had a Corolla haha. With the price of gas in New Zealand a 4WD was going to bankrupt us for sure. We did get one when we hung around by Wanaka though since that was just for a few days.

ape
Jul 20, 2009

ape fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Mar 31, 2016

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

neckbeard posted:

thanks, traffic was really light but there were a fair amount of campers and I'll admit I wasn't the fastest one on the road, but that's because a rental Yaris with 84HP and 89lbs/ft of torque isn't the proper vehicle for driving up mountains.

Pfft my wife's Yaris destroyed trail ridge road in RMNP a few years ago.

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
how much did you guys pay for fuel? My friend in Riverton pays like $2 a liter sometimes, which is loving ridiculous, but its a very small town on the southern end on the south island.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
Yeah IIRC fuel was between $2.05 and $2.15 most of the time I was there. A bit cheaper in Auckland but not much.

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
I must have just missed a massive ohs violation or cement mixers really hate having their silo in photos jesus christ. They started demanding my name and address and getting up in my face demanding to know who gave me authorisation to use a camera like wtf. I just liked the way the golden hour made it look :shrug:

Australian law says i can photograph whatever I want as long as I dont use it for ads or do creepy poo poo so lol

underage at the vape shop fucked around with this message at 08:20 on Mar 31, 2016

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
Sounds like a dogy worksite.

Ric
Nov 18, 2005

Apocalypse dude

Ystad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neckbeard
Jan 25, 2004

how much did you guys pay for fuel? My friend in Riverton pays like $2 a liter sometimes, which is loving ridiculous, but its a very small town on the southern end on the south island.

I think it was 1.74 - 1.90ish never saw it above 2