Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

corn in the bible posted:

THAT WAS WONDERFUL CHIE-CHAN

Teddie becomes a party member after the strip club + Rise does the announcer stuff so you can pretend he doesn't exist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

hes inescapable cause he shouts over all the combat

Wow look at this noob who didn't even finish the third dungeon.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Help Im Alive posted:

Teddie becomes a party member after the strip club + Rise does the announcer stuff so you can pretend he doesn't exist

rise sucks too

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

i gave up in the weird homophobia dungeon where everyone is like OH NO GAYS and teddie makes a pun about how he can't BEAR the thought of naked gay men

Persona 4's handling of teen queer issues is extremely Japanese and extremely poor

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Improbable Lobster posted:

Persona 4's handling of teen queer issues is extremely Japanese and extremely poor
and was also written in 2008

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

CrashCat posted:

I know. But as a homo in TYOOL 2016 it's really unfortunate

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

CrashCat posted:

Doesn't make it not unpleasant

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

CrashCat posted:

Lol for real?

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:
On that topic, i'm working through Luka's part in Steins;Gate currently and it does a really good job of making one think about those issues.

On a happier note though, the best waifu of all is now clear.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Mithaldu posted:

On that topic, i'm working through Luka's part in Steins;Gate currently and it does a really good job of making one think about those issues.

Well..no, not really. Better than P4 but I wouldn't say "really good".

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

wait are yall saying steinsgate handles it BETTER than persona 4

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Just bearly.

:smugteddie:

sethsez
Jul 14, 2006

He's soooo dreamy...

i gave up in the weird homophobia dungeon where everyone is like OH NO GAYS and teddie makes a pun about how he can't BEAR the thought of naked gay men

I dunno, I thought it was a decent approximation of the OH gently caress WHAT DO THESE FEELINGS MEAN phase of self-discovery a lot of queer teens go through before calming down and coming to more rational terms with it (like the character does). Also Yosuke's a putz.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

I still want a Persona game where the protagonists are William S. Burroughs, David Cronenberg, David Lynch and Phillip K. Dick and they have to confront their Shadow selves.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Baal posted:

rise sucks too

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

ISIS would probably get more recruits if they moved in a more anime oriented direction.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

darth cookie posted:

ISIS would probably get more recruits if they moved in a more anime oriented direction.

I could join isis if there was a miku body pillow in it for me

Megalixir
Nov 10, 2007

Vanillaware ltd.

Did you buy DOAX3?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

I'm the one pointing the gun at Rise

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost

two rise enter, one rise leave

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Baal posted:

I'm the one pointing the gun at Rise

hello, rise

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
can you imagine the step

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
Rise is the best girl to dump on valentines day

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

One day I'll actually play far enough into p4g to be able to have a stake in the waifu wars.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
I don't think Trillion is my thing. The story's good and the characters are nice but I don't like the fighting at all. I get that it's a multi-playthrough game and you're supposed to suck at first but even knowing the patterns I just feel helpless. At least with Kenka Bancho I could chug gatorade and beat people I wasn't supposed to but here it's just 'whoops you couldn't tell which of these constant markings were the one that one shot you' without constantly checking the log.

I like the concept, it just needs some polish and some more...action? Or less action, either way.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy

Stanos posted:

I don't think Trillion is my thing. The story's good and the characters are nice but I don't like the fighting at all. I get that it's a multi-playthrough game and you're supposed to suck at first but even knowing the patterns I just feel helpless. At least with Kenka Bancho I could chug gatorade and beat people I wasn't supposed to but here it's just 'whoops you couldn't tell which of these constant markings were the one that one shot you' without constantly checking the log.

I like the concept, it just needs some polish and some more...action? Or less action, either way.

Sounds like Permadeath Monster Hunter to me.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

Why though when Yukiko is the best?

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Yukiblows

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Megalixir posted:

Did you buy DOAX3?
DOAX3's handling of swimsuit models is extremely Japanese and extremely poor

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33D2FkhC2Zc

Why Takaki, why? :cripes:

Random question, is my Laptop making GBS threads on me or embedded videos doesnt work right now (and in general not just here in the forum)

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

Let`s fight for the honor of our.... good night this is pointless I already won.

So I managed to sell 3 older vita games for 120$ on amazon, thank you amazon.ca with your lovely currently that is mine.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Yeah you won. At being lame.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

After playing Project Diva X for the day, I have this to say: there's definitely some weird things I have problems with, like the removal of the "story" videos and replacing them with nothing but concert/dance videos, making it so module drops are random, and the fact that the song list is fairly short (24 songs with 6 medleys). That said on the last point, I personally didn't feel too bad about the short songlist on account of the fact that it's, in my opinion, a really strong list. Normally I'll play a handful of songs and be largely ambivalent about the majority of the others, but this time around I genuinely enjoy the majority of the songs in the game and the medleys are pretty well-put together.

Haven't quite beaten it yet, since I still have to do some of the new quests that popped up to unlock the last medley and, of course, grind for modules, but I could definitely see myself double-dipping on this for the PS4 once it gets localized.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Honestly it sounds like I'm skipping X and buying the two Future Tone ps4 games instead.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

I'm buying all three.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Why Takaki, why? :cripes:
What don't you like about it?