Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Celery Face
Feb 18, 2012
rear end in a top hat gets chewed out at a board meeting.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFtNzZH1gDM

Grown rear end man in Subway acts like a five year old because they can't sell him any sugar cookies.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAgicAukMaU

Celery Face has a new favorite as of 08:10 on Mar 31, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

I remember reading Mankind's book, and how when he was learning wrestling he was going to FINALLY DISCOVER THE SECRET to Terry Funk's amazing looking corner punches, and the secret? Terry Funk punches you as hard as he can in the head.

There's a funny story regarding Lance Storm & the now deceased "Dr. Death" Steve Williams; Storm was working a dark match with Williams and the boys in the back were convinced that Williams was legit beating the poo poo out of Storm. Post match Storm actually had to run backstage to stop defuse the situation because Williams was that drat good at throwing worked punches that looked legit but actually made minimal contact.

Literally Esoteric
Jun 13, 2012

One final, furious struggle...then a howl of victory

Gorilla Salad posted:

It's weird watching US police videos when you come from a country where the police aren't expected to attack citizens at every opportunity.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Skippy McPants posted:

Is there a story behind this one? Why's the batter so pissed; it doesn't look like he got hit?

Throwing behind someone is usually though of worse than actually hitting someone. Unless the pitcher was throwing at someone's head usually the batter can at least partially deflect a pitch aimed at them. When you throw behind them their natural reaction is to flinch back into the pitch.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Bam Margera is on Family Therapy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_q0fb8LtfpA

On the one hand gently caress Bam Margera, on the other it's pretty sad.

Trebek
Mar 7, 2002
College Slice
Wow late stage alcoholism isn't fun to watch.

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

Bam need to drink less and smoke more weed.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.
Still the best mound-charging ever:

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

Meanwhile in Korea...

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Meanwhile in Cuba ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rs_It0IMB18

(Charging the mound is frowned upon but charging the mound with your bat is extra frowned upon)

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant

fullroundaction posted:

The guy in the last gif has his first match in WWE this weekend. I only follow wrestling through my roommate, and mostly through just gifs, but I am interested to see how the Japanese "strong style" translates to the nonsense that's going on over here right now.

I'm pretty sure the girl in the second GIF is Kana, who is now Asuka, who is already in the WWE. She's batshit good.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.

Scarf posted:

Wait, what is this show, and why is New York's mom from Flavor of Love on it?

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

im pooping! posted:

Meanwhile in Korea...

gently caress baseball, they should just make that into a sport.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

Phanatic posted:

Still the best mound-charging ever:

That's a 21? year old charging a 46 year old Nolan Ryan and getting the poo poo kicked out of him.

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Someone is getting this as an avatar. I don't know who, but it's gonna happen.

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Meanwhile in Cuba ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rs_It0IMB18

(Charging the mound is frowned upon but charging the mound with your bat is extra frowned upon)

Note that in this case, rather than just standing there, the pitcher wisely runs the gently caress away from the guy charging him.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

That's a 21? year old charging a 46 year old Nolan Ryan and getting the poo poo kicked out of him.

Ventura was 26 at the time, but that doesn't really change the outcome.

For what it's worth to non baseball fans - 46 is beyond ancient in baseball years. Only 6 pitchers have played at age 47 or older in 140 or so years of major league baseball.

The current oldest player in baseball is a full four years younger than Nolan Ryan was when this happened.

Edit cause I like baseball derails in the schadenfreude thread:

The current oldest player is pitcher Bartolo Colon. He's fat ugly and awesome. And since he's in the NL, he also gets to bat. poo poo like this happens now and then.

Tony Phillips has a new favorite as of 18:31 on Mar 31, 2016

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

You'll be ahead instead of behind. Hello!

Celery Face posted:

rear end in a top hat gets chewed out at a board meeting.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFtNzZH1gDM

Zelda from Dobie Gillis? :psyduck:

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Brocktoon posted:

Wait, what is this show, and why is New York's mom from Flavor of Love on it?

"Family Therapy w/ Dr. Jenn." I think it comes on VH1. I think it might be a spin-off of one of Dr. Drew's lovely shows.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Scarf posted:

drat, dude became a total trainwreck.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

I remember hearing some interview where Ventura claims that his thought process went like this.
Right when he took a step towards the mound, he immediately regretted it. He realized he really didn't want to beat up a guy old enough to be his father. He also realized that after he took the first step, there was no turning back. That's why he slows down does a half-hearted torso grab instead of actually taking a swing.

No idea of whether that's true though

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

I'm never exactly sure with baseball, but is this ball in play because the catcher missed it, or is it considered dead because he swung?

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Stare-Out posted:

No, that was Ryan Dunn.

SpacePig posted:

I'm never exactly sure with baseball, but is this ball in play because the catcher missed it, or is it considered dead because he swung?

If it's strike three but the catcher drops it, that ball's in play (unless there's a runner on first and less than 2 outs) and the batter should start running.

It's also scored as a strikeout! :science:

Edit: Again, batter only becomes a runner if there's nobody on first and less than 2 outs. If it's a 1-out situation and there's a runner on first, the catcher could intentionally drop a third strike to set up a double play, so in that situation it's disallowed. Same reason the infield fly rule exists, to avoid the incentive to intentionally not make a play.

Phanatic has a new favorite as of 19:12 on Mar 31, 2016

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

SpacePig posted:

On the third strike, if a catcher misses the ball, you are free to haul rear end to first base if you can make it.

Also possible someone was on third and when he bobbled the ball was going to steal home.

You'll also notice some times if the third strike is a foul tipped into the mitt, they'll tag the batter just to be sure.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Its a live ball since the catcher missed it. Only way it would be dead is if he clipped it and it went foul behind him, but I don't think he did.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

SpacePig posted:

With that particular play - not sure, since I don't remember the details.

If he hit it with the bat at all, then no.

If he missed entirely, then yes. Anyone on base would be allowed to advance at their discretion. In some circumstances Colon could also run to first if that was the third strike.

Edit - beaten.

Bonus Bartolofreude:

Ever get caught off first base and run down like a deer in headlights by a 285 pound man? AJ Pierzynski did.
http://m.mlb.com/video/topic/0/v85918783/atl-nym-colon-catches-pierzynski-drifting-off-first

Basically, Bartolo Colon owns.

Tony Phillips has a new favorite as of 19:06 on Mar 31, 2016

Staryberry
Oct 16, 2009
A beer truck and a chips truck collided on the freeway.

http://www.mynews13.com/content/news/cfnews13/news/article.html/content/news/articles/cfn/2016/3/23/_2_trucks_carrying_b.html

The freeway looks like the aftermath of a frat party:

In other news, this is one way to get cars to stop tailgating you:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqjrPLxVn4o

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Stare-Out posted:

His life is the greatest and most sustained Jackass stunt ever. Are you not entertained??

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Staryberry posted:

Hahahaha, this made my whole day.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

His life is the greatest and most sustained Jackass stunt ever. Are you not entertained??

You know you're in trouble when Stev-o is more put together...

Edit: I'm watching the first few episodes right now through On Demand and holy poo poo Bam's situation isn't even the worst one.

Scarf has a new favorite as of 19:47 on Mar 31, 2016

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
I don't have time right now to watch that whole Bam therapy session, but I have a question.

Is his main problem that he's all "waaaah, I used to be famous and models wanted to bang me and I had houses and cars and now nobody give a poo poo about me!"?

If so you'd think he could have seen all this coming, skateboarding and punching your own family members in the face isn't exactly a long-term career path, even in the crazy world of show business. He was kinda hot for a while there and then things came to an end, that's the natural way things go when you don't actually have any discernible talent. Maybe he needed someone in his life to tell him that and to convince him to save some of that money instead of building another skate ramp.

Alternatively he may still have more money than is good for him, and he doesn't know how to live his life when he's basically "retired" at age 30.

Basebf555 has a new favorite as of 19:53 on Mar 31, 2016

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS

Staryberry posted:

That's freaking awesome.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Basebf555 posted:

I don't have time right now to watch that whole Bam therapy session, but I have a question.

Is his main problem that he's all "waaaah, I used to be famous and models wanted to bang me and I had houses and cars and now nobody give a poo poo about me!"?

If so you'd think he could have seen all this coming, skateboarding and punching your own family members in the face isn't exactly a long-term career path, even in the crazy world of show business. He was kinda hot for a while there and then things came to an end, that's the natural way things go when you don't actually have any discernible talent. Maybe he needed someone in his life to tell him that and to convince him to save some of that money instead of building another skate ramp.

Some people have no idea how to handle success, subsequent failure, loss, etc. Plus his family completely enables him.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Scarf posted:

Some people have no idea how to handle success, subsequent failure, loss, etc. Plus his family completely enables him.

Yea when Viva la Bam was airing it was pretty obvious the family would inevitably run into trouble. Bam's money had completely upgraded their lifestyle, and his show was dependent on the family being involved in his antics. Nobody in his immediate family was really in a position to tell him anything he needed to hear.

I also forgot about the whole Ryan Dunn thing, that may have taken a toll on him. I'm more interested to watch this thing than I thought I would be...

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Karma Monkey posted:

That's freaking awesome.

On one hand, dude created an unsafe road condition and delayed drivers that had nothing to do with the situation.

On the other, hahahahahaha yessssssss

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
It wasn't enough to add dutch angles to cosplay pictures, now they're doing it with dash cams.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Scarf posted:

Were I a 16th century nobleman, I would give a long speech about how the poor born were better off with out money because their peasant upbringing/lineage would prevent them from truly enjoying the fine things in life and he should have left the wealth to those who were bred for it.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
"New York's" mom is batshit insane by the way.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME

Basebf555 posted:

Yea when Viva la Bam was airing it was pretty obvious the family would inevitably run into trouble. Bam's money had completely upgraded their lifestyle, and his show was dependent on the family being involved in his antics. Nobody in his immediate family was really in a position to tell him anything he needed to hear.

I also forgot about the whole Ryan Dunn thing, that may have taken a toll on him. I'm more interested to watch this thing than I thought I would be...

Also apparently alcoholism

Which isn't really schadenfreude

e: him being a shithead and his life imploding later can qualify though

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.

Scarf posted:

"New York's" mom is batshit insane by the way.

Wasn't there stuff that came out a few years ago that New York and Sister Patterson are not related and just actresses?