Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
I read a apple whitepaper that said you have a small dick and no charisma

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

iPad Pro 9.7 reviews

This tablet also nearly lasted nearly 11 hours on a charge, which puts Windows 2-in-1s such as the Microsoft Surface Pro 4 to shame

http://www.laptopmag.com/reviews/tablets/apple-ipad-pro-9-7#sthash.Q4oxxkX9.dpuf

In our battery tests, the 9.7-inch Pro nevertheless significantly outperforms the larger Pro and the iPad Air 2.

http://arstechnica.com/apple/2016/03/the-9-7-inch-ipad-pro-review-what-makes-something-pro-anyway/

The idea is that two four-channel ambient light sensors monitor the temperature of the surroundings and adjust the output onscreen. This means when you’re reading something on screen it looks more natural. I’ve been trying it in different situations and the effect ranges from subtle to garish. In every case, though, turning True Tone off revealed that it looked more natural with it turned on again. Switch it off and you see, as if for the first time, that the tablet screen looks surprisingly blue in most lighting situations. True Tone is a quiet, but revelatory, effect.

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/ipad-pro-97-inch-review-apple-tablet-power-price-size-a6950911.html

it seems good to me

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
nice to see that there's no longer any debate that the ipad pro was created to compete with the very stupid microsoft surface because tim got scared by advertising

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

Stymie posted:

nice to see that there's no longer any debate that the ipad pro was created to compete with the very stupid microsoft surface because tim got scared by advertising

they were also going after the wacom market and it seems to be working if the artists I know who can't shut up about it are any indication

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

holy poo poo: https://developer.apple.com/safari/technology-preview/release-notes/

new Safari beta with ES6 and IndexedDB

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
compares an iPad to a tablet running an actual operating system

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

I sell only quality merkins. What is a merkin you ask? Why, it's a wig for your genitals!
Can't wait to have to upgrade an entire operating system for a newer browser, again.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

echinopsis posted:

compares an iPad to a tablet running an actual operating system

that's our stymie!

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Endless Mike posted:

that's our stymie!

*cue laughtrack*

that's our stymie is filmed in front of a live studio audience of prisoners who Do Labor™

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

8TB USB-C-powered HDD

$350

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

PleasureKevin posted:

8TB USB-C-powered HDD

$350

nice acer laptop

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
apple 2fa working well so far

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

it's good :tipshat:

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

but to be serious. new safari supports JavaScript internationalization. so now the app I'm working on doesn't need the intl polyfill. but on the other hand it breaks fetch polyfill because now the browser fetch function is stubbed instead of being entirely unimplemented like it was before so the polyfill doesn't fill it in

long story short my app still doesn't work but for different reasons

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Shaggar posted:

nice acer laptop

ya mroe like asser craptop am i right

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

cool that means es6 might be usable in practice in about 5 years

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

Ludwig van Halen posted:

but to be serious. new safari supports JavaScript internationalization. so now the app I'm working on doesn't need the intl polyfill. but on the other hand it breaks fetch polyfill because now the browser fetch function is stubbed instead of being entirely unimplemented like it was before so the polyfill doesn't fill it in

long story short my app still doesn't work but for different reasons

what web app are you working on that only supports safari

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

My Linux Rig posted:

what web app are you working on that only supports safari

i should say it only supports chrome, firefox, etc, but i check it out in safari to see what happens sometimes

big shtick energy
May 27, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TZ_ZGCLaiA

if you get a refurb device direct from apple you might get one that's water damaged and has had an IC improperly replaced

no evidence of them smashing it with a hammer though, so they're still doing better than Asus

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

DuckConference posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TZ_ZGCLaiA

if you get a refurb device direct from apple you might get one that's water damaged and has had an IC improperly replaced

no evidence of them smashing it with a hammer though, so they're still doing better than Asus

cool lady knows what shes talking about

i dont get how the economics of sending an ipad mini to her or someone like her for repairs makes any sense

if the repair labor + parts + shipping is > $100 just get a new ipad mini or deal with not having one

Hemick
Mar 4, 2007

mishaq posted:

cool lady knows what shes talking about

i dont get how the economics of sending an ipad mini to her or someone like her for repairs makes any sense

if the repair labor + parts + shipping is > $100 just get a new ipad mini or deal with not having one

Yeah she *really* doesn't understand what the Apple Repair process is. Apple doesn't gently caress with any (non user serviceable) device opened by a third party because the OVERWHELMING majority of people that open up Apple products don't have any of the tools they need and do nothing but gently caress it up.

Her beef is with retarded rear end mall kiosks that replace iPhone screens and do a poo poo job of it, not with Apple.

If she wants to repair Apple devices without voiding the warranty, there's a certification for that.

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Hemick posted:

Yeah she *really* doesn't understand what the Apple Repair process is. Apple doesn't gently caress with any (non user serviceable) device opened by a third party because the OVERWHELMING majority of people that open up Apple products don't have any of the tools they need and do nothing but gently caress it up.

Her beef is with retarded rear end mall kiosks that replace iPhone screens and do a poo poo job of it, not with Apple.

If she wants to repair Apple devices without voiding the warranty, there's a certification for that.

she believes in the linked video that even apple repair was lazy, but she's just guessing it was an apple repair based on the "strength of the adhesive" keeping the screen on a particular ipad in question

she seems to know what the gently caress she's doing though

Soldier of Fortran
May 2, 2009

mishaq posted:

she seems to know what the gently caress she's doing though

idiots usually are sure of what they're doing

Soldier of Fortran
May 2, 2009

Soldier of Fortran posted:

idiots usually are sure of what they're doing

for example, i was quite sure of myself when i hit Submit Reply

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Hemick posted:

did u watch this video? because if you did you really missed a lot..

Dr. Phildo
Dec 8, 2003

Except the heaven had come so near,
So seemed to choose my door,The distance would not haunt me so

Soiled Meat
U guys my Steve edition space grey is here

It's good

(To be fair it's updating from backup right now, but it is still good)

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Dr. Phildo posted:

U guys my Steve edition space grey is here

It's good

(To be fair it's updating from backup right now, but it is still good)

how do you already have it

Dr. Phildo
Dec 8, 2003

Soiled Meat
I come from a land down undah!

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Dr. Phildo posted:

I come from a land down undah!

im super jealous, mine doesnt come until next week :smithicide:

Dr. Phildo
Dec 8, 2003

Soiled Meat
I went a little crazy and changed Siri into a British lady. I feel like a superhero/special agent now. You have to treat yourself once in a while!

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer

infernal machines posted:

what's the opposite of occam's razor?

rozar's macco

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Hemick posted:

did you even watch the video?

Hemick
Mar 4, 2007

Smythe posted:

did u watch this video? because if you did you really missed a lot..

I watched the video, none of it surprised me, because the iPad in question was used primarily by a child and dropped and damaged. It's _extremely_ likely that there was some liquid inside of the device, even if the LCI's aren't lighting up. The only actual defect we can prove here is that the underfill was missing on the power management chip, and this is assuming the customer that sent her the device actually received the replacement from Apple and not a device insurance company like Asurion. Most people seriously *do not know* the difference, or don't think it matters.

Speculation aside, her information was sound, and if she found an instance where as a third party repair technician she found that Apple had provided water damaged components on a replacement unit, guess what, stop the video there. Give that information to her customer and send them back to Apple with video proof that Apple hosed it up. I'd even say still post it on the internet, because that's an effective way to get people in power to listen and investigate why they hosed up.

But she kept talking and started bitching about fanboys and "new to you" and how Apple views INDEPENDENT repairs as inferior, and I read her video description and all it did was poison everything she had just displayed. She's right on all of the technical matters, and _nothing the gently caress else_ and even the biggest idiot that's ever worked at an Apple Authorized Service Provider would know that she's only pissed because if she does a repair on an iPad and a customer takes it in for an official repair later, they'll be told "sorry, we aren't touching it".

e: tldr gently caress I tilted on something dumb that I shouldn't give a gently caress about, leaving this up in shame.

Hemick fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Mar 31, 2016

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Hemick posted:

I watched the video, none of it surprised me, because the iPad in question was used primarily by a child and dropped and damaged. It's _extremely_ likely that there was some liquid inside of the device, even if the LCI's aren't lighting up. The only actual defect we can prove here is that the underfill was missing on the power management chip, and this is assuming the customer that sent her the device actually received the replacement from Apple and not a device insurance company like Asurion. Most people seriously *do not know* the difference, or don't think it matters.

Speculation aside, her information was sound, and if she found an instance where as a third party repair technician she found that Apple had provided water damaged components on a replacement unit, guess what, stop the video there. Give that information to her customer and send them back to Apple with video proof that Apple hosed it up. I'd even say still post it on the internet, because that's an effective way to get people in power to listen and investigate why they hosed up.

But she kept talking and started bitching about fanboys and "new to you" and how Apple views INDEPENDENT repairs as inferior, and I read her video description and all it did was poison everything she had just displayed. She's right on all of the technical matters, and _nothing the gently caress else_ and even the biggest idiot that's ever worked at an Apple Authorized Service Provider would know that she's only pissed because if she does a repair on an iPad and a customer takes it in for an official repair later, they'll be told "sorry, we aren't touching it".

e: tldr gently caress I tilted on something dumb that I shouldn't give a gently caress about, leaving this up in shame.

lol

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

agreed

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

the steve edition should be here tomorrow. cant wait

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
where is my skylake rmbp????

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

kwinkles posted:

where is my skylake rmbp????

June

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai
i need a way to listen to an mp3, hosted on the web, on my phone without connecting it to my computer. streaming it from safari doesn't work because it stops playing when you turn the screen off and I want to walk around and listen to it like any other podcast.

Does this exist?

edit: wth. i just tried safari again and it worked. was there an update? oh well ignore this

Amethyst fucked around with this message at 09:19 on Mar 31, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

headshot

• Locked thread