Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
I knew it. I loving knew it. I knew that the episode that seemed like it was going to be the worst ever would actually be the most goddamn entertaining, and if I didn't jinx it by predicting it on the internet then it would come true. That's just how these loving shows work. Good job, me!

(me):hf:(me)

Superhero hijinks, fun gadgets, and Barrowman, with the bare minimum of crytalking...that's what this show should always bee.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Regarding the grave, the spoilers from weeks ago and next week's promo video:
Next week's episode being where the death presumably occurs, pretty sure it's Katie Cassidy's voice saying "time of death 11:59" in the promo.

Plus killing Laurel doesn't help Darhk. Lance is the key, and only witness.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Objective and completely reproducible measurements:

Episodes with Normal Felicity: 9431

Episodes with Stupid Crying Felicity: -14890318940

Episodes with Mr. Terrific: INT OVERFLOW ERR

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Basically turning Palmer Tech into Smoak Industries is not only helping millions of people with medical challenges but also millions of viewers to not have to watch her every week

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Bee Golem looked quite a bit like Yellowjacket from the Ant-Man film.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Rhyno posted:

Bee Golem looked quite a bit like Yellowjacket from the Ant-Man film.

and TheBee from Kamen Rider Kabuto

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Forming into a god drat golem seems like something they should have been reacting way bigger to.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Aphrodite posted:

Forming into a god drat golem seems like something they should have been reacting way bigger to.

"Wait, Barry can travel through time?"

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."
Wow. Like BrianWilly said, for an episode we all thought was going to be the worst in a line of bad episodes, that was actually really fun, funny, lighthearted, and mostly devoid of contrived relationship drama (mostly). Props to whoever called Curtis becoming the new "tech person", if that continues anyway, and he had a lot to do with this episode being enjoyable. Loved Oliver shaking his head at Curtis calling it the Arrowcave.

Interestingly enough, since most of you liked it, I thought the bees forming into a guy in a suit just for the sake of giving something for Oliver to punch was pretty dumb.

Just how many pop culture references were in that episode? Seemed like a lot!

howe_sam posted:

I see there is a contender for Ray Harper's needless parkour crown.

Well at least it makes more sense since Curtis/Mr.Terrific is a former Olympian/World-Class Athlete in both comic and show, but that flip running away from the bee did make me laugh.

A lot of things this episode made me smile or laugh, it's quite a change from...well I can't remember the last time an Arrow episode accomplished that. Maybe they can finish strong.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
That bee flip was the greatest thing to happen this season.

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"
In the flashback scenes, the way they constantly talked about how the evil dude was "looking for the idol" made me think I was watching Survivor

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man
How can BEES turn into a MAN?

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

Finally the Canary-scream is useful!

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"

Proposition Joe posted:

Wrong comic book company, but it reminded me of "Swarm"

bbf2 fucked around with this message at 10:00 on Mar 31, 2016

Sir Potato
May 26, 2012

PO-TAY-TOES
Boil 'em, mash 'em, cook 'em in a stew
I didn't watch this episode because I was pretty sure it was going to suck really hard.

Clearly I made the wrong decision.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
The episode was definitely better than the previous one. Especially, considering what most of us expected from the preview.

The bee-man was a silly idea though. Why would the bees form a less efficient golem, with about as much flexibility as a sack of potatoes, and zero flight or sting capabilities. I mean, the real reason must have been the limited budget but drat, that fight with the Arrow looked awkward.

Also, I think I'd prefer it if they had Oliver suffer for a bit more from his injuries or at least have them have a more lasting impact on him. I mean in this episode he is shot by a bee, that multiplies rapidly inside his organs (jesus that was legit horrifying) and later on then he gets shot again (and I guess kevlar saved him?) ) and both times he is good as new a few minutes or seconds later.

It wouldn't be that bad, if the writers let some of the other folk in the team (the Black Canary mainly in this episode) neutralise or deliver the final strike on the crazy person of the week once in a while.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Well, they did with Curtis and Felicity this time.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

Proposition Joe posted:

They're robot bees. Small robots have a long and proud history of joining together to form bigger, more powerful robots.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I thought it was an alright episode. I have an axe to grind over the complete and total death of secret identities across all superhero media, but I won't let that stop a good episode from going. Curtis was a lot more endearing than Felicity has been in a very long time. I know a lot of people are down on her, but I think Laurel's gotten a lot better as this season rolls on. Speaking of a lot better, I'll go ahead and echo that Donna is amazing and I am in favor of her dumb blonde jokes and low cut tops. The look she gives when BEES insulted Felicity's glasses was the highlight of the episode.

nooneofconsequence posted:

Gotta get Oliver and Laurel back together

Tumblr be damned, this ship can still be steered into harbor.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
Dear Arrow writers,

If you had written Felicity like this (the way you wrote Curtis this episode) for the past 1.5 seasons the fans wouldn't want to fridge her.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Dead Snoopy posted:

Dear Arrow writers,

If you had written Felicity like this (the way you wrote Curtis this episode) for the past 1.5 seasons the fans wouldn't want to fridge her.

Maybe the writers want Felicithea to happen

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Well, if you'd told me that an episode with the bee villain from Flash would be one of the best episodes this season, I'd call you a filthy liar, but....there you have it.

Felicity: "I'm sorry, I just can't rejoin the team."
Audience: "THANK GOD."

Goddammit, Thea, quit trying to convince her to come back!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Once again the old role that if you really hammer a bad pun it becomes a good one holds true.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
So, do we have a betting pool for whose grave that is?

Part of me would put money on Vixen, seeing as it's someone Oliver and Barry knows, who would also upset Felicity.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

PowerBeard posted:

So, do we have a betting pool for whose grave that is?

Part of me would put money on Vixen, seeing as it's someone Oliver and Barry knows, who would also upset Felicity.

Could be mini-diggle too

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

There's only 2 real candidates, and they have the same last name.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Why would Felicity really care all that much about Vixen dying?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
^^ or anyone for that matter

Aphrodite posted:

What have the John Jacob Jingleheimer Schmidts ever done to you?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Actually given Felicity's reaction, the only person who could be in the grave is Felicity.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Aphrodite posted:

Actually given Felicity's reaction, the only person who could be in the grave is Felicity.

That's what we're all secretly hoping for. Maybe Limo Felicity is S2 Felicity that Barry brought forward in time?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

She's a hologram projected by the T-Spheres that Curtis created to comfort Oliver.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Maybe he copied her consciousness into a T-Sphere and then used that swarm of mech bees to create a new body for her?

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Aphrodite posted:

She's a hologram projected by the T-Spheres that Curtis created to comfort Oliver.

Speaking of T-Spheres, I laughed that they used them as bombs. Not only because they had no clue if there were people on the other side of the wall, but also because they never seemed to think that their elevator might suffer some reprecussions.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I guess we should have told the official the wedding was a ruse, it says here all the paperwork was filed and you and Felicity were legally married. Congratulations Oliver, you just inherited the controlling interest in Palmer Tech!

Also just a crazy amount of office inappropriate miniskirts.

Remf
Jun 28, 2008

REALLY NOT FEELIN UP TO IT RIGHT NOW. SORRY.

This show is pretty great sometimes.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
I swear that flip exists because an underpaid black stunt double who knows parkour but is too tall to stand in for Diggle needed to be paid

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Aphrodite posted:

Still betting on it being someone of little consequence like Diggle's brother or Curtis's boyfriend

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

AbstractNapper posted:

The bee-man was a silly idea though. Why would the bees form a less efficient golem, with about as much flexibility as a sack of potatoes, and zero flight or sting capabilities. I mean, the real reason must have been the limited budget but drat, that fight with the Arrow looked awkward.

it should have turned into one giant bee

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Aphrodite posted:

I too will miss Mama Smoak.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

2 of the funeral guests in the set pictures really narrow down who it could be.

• Locked thread