Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cybertier
May 2, 2013

Sakako posted:

And then people wait 2 years between massive wars doing basically nothing in between?

That's where in the Imperium all those interest groups come into play. Sov warfare is not the only reason to go out there and shot mans and people group up to do it in their favorite ways. Also regularly regions get invaded just to kick over other peoples sandcastles.
Outside of the Imperium 0.0 is supposely seeing a lot of action and systems changing hands very frequently.

I just live in lowsec and currently get my dose of shoting people by participating in faction warfare. Which is kinda the junkfood of pvp. Very accesible, but not very meaningful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IPCRESS
May 27, 2012

Sakako posted:

And then people wait 2 years between massive wars doing basically nothing in between?

Well, there were the dozens of nuisance timers generated when a single nullified T3 shot something for 20 minutes to keep people entertained. Wait.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

cybertier posted:

That's where in the Imperium all those interest groups come into play. Sov warfare is not the only reason to go out there and shot mans and people group up to do it in their favorite ways. Also regularly regions get invaded just to kick over other peoples sandcastles.
Outside of the Imperium 0.0 is supposely seeing a lot of action and systems changing hands very frequently.

I just live in lowsec and currently get my dose of shoting people by participating in faction warfare. Which is kinda the junkfood of pvp. Very accesible, but not very meaningful.

Suicide ganking high sec is the best thing to do during peace

Sakako
Dec 31, 2013

Drythe posted:

These all sound like really good things to do with my time once I have more than 5mil ISK lying around

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

I think miniluv will give you cruisers for free to gank with in high sec.

Also if you're new just ask for isk and people will shower you

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

Drythe posted:

I couldn't tell if it was a joke or not, but someone posted that CODE was no longer being funded by Goonswarm.

Sakako
Dec 31, 2013

Drythe posted:

I think miniluv will give you cruisers for free to gank with in high sec.

Also if you're new just ask for isk and people will shower you

Well I'm 2 days into the trial, it's pretty fun so far but I'm not sure I'm fighting/flying correctly and all of that heh

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Comstar posted:

I couldn't tell if it was a joke or not, but someone posted that CODE was no longer being funded by Goonswarm.

Wasn't it CODE who showed up to the AT either last year or two years ago and bitched out when their opponent banned catalysts and brutixes?

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

Comstar posted:

That's true. Goonswarm is indeed not funding Code now.

Supposedly they aren't even funding Miniluv any more. What will Boney do without those hundreds of billions of sweet Alliance isk pouring in every month to pay for Catalysts :aaa:

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

booooo

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
First DOWNFALL video I've seen since the big battle. Most of the other propoganda videos I've seen just had characters heads badly pasted over movie characters, though the Goodbye C02 song was ok.

This great war being named World War Bee seems to be gaining ground too.

cybertier
May 2, 2013

Drythe posted:

Also if you're new just ask for isk and people will shower you*

*If you are a Goon.

Sakako posted:

Well I'm 2 days into the trial, it's pretty fun so far but I'm not sure I'm fighting/flying correctly and all of that heh

You should absolutely join a corp, to get the most out of eve. With your posthistory Goonswarm should be unlikely (unless they reduced their requirements), but that's what karmafleet is there for. They are the newbie corp of the imperium and provide tons of ressources and free stuff for newbies.
If you want to join "the good guys" (i.e. those attacking the Imperium) Pandemic Horde, newbie corp of Pandemic Legion, would be your best bet.
If you don't want to join any corp yet but want to participate in the upcoming friday carnage, then the ingame channel "Spectre Fleet" hosts fleet for everyone, regardless of corp or experience. There you would also be shooting goons.
If you don't care about sov warefare and want to get max pvp/h you can join TARD. the newbie corp of Local ist Primary, the largest FW Alliance.

Sakako
Dec 31, 2013

cybertier posted:

You should absolutely join a corp, to get the most out of eve. With your posthistory Goonswarm should be unlikely (unless they reduced their requirements), but that's what karmafleet is there for. They are the newbie corp of the imperium and provide tons of ressources and free stuff for newbies.
If you want to join "the good guys" (i.e. those attacking the Imperium) Pandemic Horde, newbie corp of Pandemic Legion, would be your best bet.
If you don't want to join any corp yet but want to participate in the upcoming friday carnage, then the ingame channel "Spectre Fleet", hosts fleet for everyone, regardless of corp or experience. There you would also be shooting goons.
If you don't care about sov warefare and want to get max pvp/h you can join TARD. the newbie corp of Local ist Primary, the largest FW Alliance.

This is good info, thank you very much. I'll look into Karmafleet :)

Jon Von Anchovi
Sep 5, 2014

:australia:

Sakako posted:

drat right son.

Post your character name here and people will send you ISK for sure. I certainly will

awesomecopter
Aug 16, 2012

cybertier posted:

*If you are a Goon.

If you don't want to join any corp yet but want to participate in the upcoming friday carnage, then the ingame channel "Spectre Fleet" hosts fleet for everyone, regardless of corp or experience. There you would also be shooting goons.

You don't need to be in goonswarm to get money by being :shobon: in fleet. Literally any new player will get showered if the FC brings it up.

DaBigRedBoat is the most likely to do this, but then you have to be in a DBRB fleet to being with, which might not be worth the free isk.

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Jon Von Anchovi posted:

drat right son.

Post your character name here and people will send you ISK for sure. I certainly will

I will too. Welcome to the war! :black101:

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Lawful Neutral Paper Pusher Elemental.

cybertier posted:

I'll give the answer from the perspective of someone who doesn't know a lot about sov warfare, but here it goes:
When something meaningful (Stations, Systems, Towers) gets attacked the attacker can't just take it in one attack, since everything would be taken all the time by suprise attacks.
The first attack on something creates a timeframe in which the object needs to be attacked again, in order to actually take control of it/destroy it. This timeframe is called a timer.

In the OP you can read about CO2 defecting from the Imperium at the end of (other sources say immediately after) a very big fight.
Instead of pulling their assets out of Imperium space after this, they seem to have taken a pot shot on VFK, a system in the region Deklein(Home of the Goons). This way they created a timer to conquer the system (and the station there) on friday.
While VFK is strategically not as important as say YA0, it has sentimental value since a past invasion has lead to the meme "VFK by ...", which (to my understanding) the attackers always failed to achieve.
Another strong motivator is that the system is located in Deklein, also know as Fortress Deklein, a region that is supposed to be very hard to take, since it's the center of Imperium territory.
Achieving victory here would be a huge moral boost for the attackers, since all former victories were in system on the outer edges of the Imperium territory and this victory would be right at the heart.

With this fight also being so close to the weekend I'm assuming that we'll see a really big battle here, maybe setting new records (again).

Considering despite being outnumbered 3 to 1 in the M-O fight the defenders got their node defense up to 70% before CO2 flipped, I think it's a pretty good chance we'll be able to defend VFK-IV from hostiles. They can't reship easily and get back to the VFK constellation, while we can.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

awesomecopter posted:

You don't need to be in goonswarm to get money by being :shobon: in fleet. Literally any new player will get showered if the FC brings it up.

DaBigRedBoat is the most likely to do this, but then you have to be in a DBRB fleet to being with, which might not be worth the free isk.

if you don't know about DBRB his fleets are tolerable the first couple times.

Jon Von Anchovi posted:

drat right son.

Also do this. and :justpost: more

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Sakako posted:

For what its worth, I don't care who you decide to fly with. Post your char name and I'll send 50m your way because I remember how much it sucked to be a poor newbie who was afraid to lose a T1 frigate.

Sakako
Dec 31, 2013

Drythe posted:

if you don't know about DBRB his fleets are tolerable the first couple times.

Also do this. and :justpost: more

I have absolutely no idea who DBRB is. Also, I definitely intend on posting more!

I just applied to KF, under the name "Sakako Fumimasa" (because randomly generated last names ok). You guys are already awesome. :)

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

motherfucker how did I miss ground floor on this thread

im mad about posting

I'm also mad that the horn of goondor has been sounded and I'm a week away from being able to play :smith:

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

also samahiel that's a weak af op jesus christ

I know Endie left some big shoes to fill but you could try a little harder

Tsed
Jan 30, 2008

aaaaag drugs

Sakako posted:

I just applied to KF, under the name "Sakako Fumimasa" (because randomly generated last names ok). You guys are already awesome. :)

Just for the record (and for any other newcomers), you don't need to fill out both first/last names. Only one of them is required. I don't remember which, but w/e.

Sakako
Dec 31, 2013

Tsed posted:

Just for the record (and for any other newcomers), you don't need to fill out both first/last names. Only one of them is required. I don't remember which, but w/e.

I found this out about a day too late. :v:

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

Comstar posted:

First DOWNFALL video I've seen since the big battle. Most of the other propoganda videos I've seen just had characters heads badly pasted over movie characters, though the Goodbye C02 song was ok.

Well what do you know! I guess The Mittani is literally Hitler.

akma
Jan 30, 2016

I simply lack the motivation to write anything here.
This thread is relevant to my interests. Kinda, sorta, maybe.

akma
Jan 30, 2016

I simply lack the motivation to write anything here.

Comstar posted:

So, as a member of KF, does that mean I'm kinda like in the eve version of the Hitler Youth?

cybertier
May 2, 2013

mistetravn posted:

So, as a member of KF, does that mean I'm kinda like in the eve version of the Hitler Youth?

Du Pimpf!

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

Comstar posted:

This one is head-and-shoulders above the rest of the stuff I've seen so far: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhZMBo-QpYA

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Sakako posted:

I have absolutely no idea who DBRB is. Also, I definitely intend on posting more!

Sweet moneymaking scheme: Go on fleets. Pod boat if he ever leaves his spaceship. Post an "ooops I podded dabigredboat :shobon:" thread in spacegbs/the war room. I will literally poo poo isk all over you and I dare say a few others will too.

Also tackle his dumb rear end and yell "I think I have one tackled!" (I've legit gotten a few newbies super rich by giving this advice).

Sakako
Dec 31, 2013

Rhymenoserous posted:

Sweet moneymaking scheme: Go on fleets. Pod boat if he ever leaves his spaceship. Post an "ooops I podded dabigredboat :shobon:" thread in spacegbs/the war room. I will literally poo poo isk all over you and I dare say a few others will too.

Also tackle his dumb rear end and yell "I think I have one tackled!" (I've legit gotten a few newbies super rich by giving this advice).

So he's a... person? Is he a goon? lol I dunno :shrug:

Tsed
Jan 30, 2008

aaaaag drugs

Sakako posted:

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

Sakako posted:

dabigredboat is an infamous goon (actually filthy MRCHI pubbie) FC, renowned for his weapons-grade autism and general painful opinions which he takes every opportunity to spout loudly and at great length

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
did the boat reaction gif not make it into the OP?

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Also, running just enough successful bombing runs to be put in command of a battleship fleet, losing it horribly, and being busted back down to bombers - ad nauseum.

Sakako
Dec 31, 2013
Good thing I have a few hours' worth of skills training. I don't know why but just the idea of this person has me in fits of laughter

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

did the boat reaction gif not make it into the OP?

Please insert into the OP ASAP TIA ACRONYMS.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

Sakako posted:

So this thing is like a starting gun for a giant game of Capture the Flag? Huh.

This is a very good description, actually.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Sakako posted:

He's a goon but whether or not he's a person is up to debate. It depends on who you ask.

I like him even if he got me killed twice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZekeNY
Jun 13, 2013

Probably AFK

Dalael posted:

He's a goon but whether or not he's a person is up to debate. It depends on who you ask.

I like him even if he got me killed twice.

He's the Butcher of Asakai. Feared and dreaded (by everyone on his side).

• Locked thread