Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

still waiting for the video where the real superman chokes out cavil's sadman in a junkyard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Four Score posted:

nice SMG imitation post

it's not a SMG post, he didn't get a detail about the movie wrong

Ivor Biggun
Apr 30, 2003

A big "Fuck You!" from the Keyhole nebula

Lipstick Apathy
Batfleck wrote his own Batman movie, no word yet if Matt Damon will be Robin or The Joker

http://www.avclub.com/article/ben-affleck-has-already-written-his-own-batman-mov-234575

Ivor Biggun fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Mar 31, 2016

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Ben is a nerd

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Ivor Biggun posted:

Batfleck wrote his own Batman movie, no word yet if Matt Damon will be Robin or The Joker

http://www.avclub.com/article/ben-affleck-has-already-written-his-own-batman-mov-234575

i unrionically expect it to be much better than BvS

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

The only person who can stop a badguy Superman is a goodguy Superman

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYTvCmDH8es

nah all you need to beat evil superman is blue kryptonite

maybe BvS is the crime syndicate universe?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XUIowhMuuY

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Ivor Biggun posted:

Dude actually cares about the character and has made some good films, I'd totally give him a chance

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

I don't want to watch this because Man Of Steel was hot trash, but can someone tell me if Superman actually saves people in this one or is it just "can this invincible mannequin outpunch the badman" again

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

TheIncredulousHulk posted:

I don't want to watch this because Man Of Steel was hot trash, but can someone tell me if Superman actually saves people in this one or is it just "can this invincible mannequin outpunch the badman" again

there is a montage where he saves 1 (one) little mexican girl from a fire on dias de los muertos, a maybe occupied capsule from an exploding rocket, and hovers above some flooded people with the implication that maybe he saves them. Throughout he looks loving miserable, never says a word and it's filmed in ponderous slow motion.

later congress explodes around him, and instead of helping the injured, he sort of stands still and looks annoyed (in slow motion) for a bit, then flies away to tell Lois he doesn't want to be a super man no more

basically the exact opposite of this sort of thing:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSv8iNuvnpg

mclast
Nov 12, 2008

catchphrase over
he mostly just saves lois and there's a couple others but it's presented dour as heck

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

mclast posted:

he mostly just saves lois and there's a couple others but it's presented dour as heck

he waits until after jimmy olsen is shot in the face to save lois.

i feel like it's simply not possible to overstate the fact that the first thing that happens in this movie that's not a flash forward or flash back or dream sequence is superman's pal, jimmy olsen, being executed by terrorists. this is snyders idea of having "fun" with the super man mythos

mclast
Nov 12, 2008

catchphrase over

Otisburg posted:

i feel like it's simply not possible to overstate the fact that the first thing that happens in this movie that's not a flash forward or flash back or dream sequence is superman's pal, jimmy olsen, being executed by terrorists. this is snyders idea of having "fun" with the super man mythos

and when he does save her they share this lil lol moment before he ices the terrorist, super cold

Ivor Biggun
Apr 30, 2003

A big "Fuck You!" from the Keyhole nebula

Lipstick Apathy

TheIncredulousHulk posted:

What does your heart tell you?

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Ivor Biggun posted:

What does your heart tell you?

Same as every goon heart: "Stop eating bacon"

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

pack it up guys its a conspiracy to make us think that this film is actually bad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDOQdur9CnQ

E: listening to this i keep expecting her to tie this back into her morgellions and chemtrails

Owlbear Camus fucked around with this message at 08:39 on Mar 31, 2016

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Otisburg posted:

still angry about that foreskin, but tbh i'm impressed they let him hang dong at all

i actually do consider it an important plot point that he hangs dong, because it show's hes disconnected from human mores and ideas about modesty and comfort
:goonsay:

he's american why would he have one.

also that's literally the reason he's nude.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Otisburg posted:

still waiting for the video where the real superman chokes out cavil's sadman in a junkyard.

The best thing that could happen to this franchise is if they hire someone to play Superman in the next movie, and when Cavill's Murderman emerges from the coffin, it turns out he's Bizarro and the REAL Superman, who saves humans and isn't a giant loving megalomaniacal spree killing sociopath, has been exploring the ruins of Krypton.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Otisburg posted:

comics are for dumb nerds and fun is for kids and non-social/maladjusted adults

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I think J. Olsen was a girl in Man of Steel

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
So this movie was terrible and I dont think anyone had expectations of it being good.

What will happen with ghostbusters? I mean everyone expects that to be awful.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Microwaves Mom posted:

it'll be awful. some times peoples expectations are correct

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Microwaves Mom posted:

So this movie was terrible and I dont think anyone had expectations of it being good.

that's gonna be bad too.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
But will it live up or exceed our expectations of bad?

Like if you know its going to be awful and you go in will you be satisfied or just indifferent?

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

8-Bit Scholar posted:

I think J. Olsen was a girl in Man of Steel

Nah, it was just a fan theory that Jenny's last name was Olsen. They only list the character as 'Jenny' in the credits to MoS and BvS but someone noticed that her ID card is visible in one scene in MoS:

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Otisburg posted:

pack it up guys its a conspiracy to make us think that this film is actually bad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDOQdur9CnQ

E: listening to this i keep expecting her to tie this back into her morgellions and chemtrails

those are some top tier crazy eyes

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

wait jimmy olsen was the guy that got shot in the face at the beginning? what the gently caress, its like DC has no respect for its own characters. will they have lana lang get raped in the next one? also its pretty funny Jenny isnt an olsen anymore, i remember the marketing droning on about her when MOS was in development.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

Tiberius Christ posted:

wait jimmy olsen was the guy that got shot in the face at the beginning? what the gently caress, its like DC has no respect for its own characters. will they have lana lang get raped in the next one? also its pretty funny Jenny isnt an olsen anymore, i remember the marketing droning on about her when MOS was in development.

Actually Pa Kent accidentally drowned all their horses.

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

im glad most of the kents are dead they all sound like a holes

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Tiberius Christ posted:

Raven on Teen Titans Go is a brony, sooooo...

EDIT: Also Darkseid was in an episode recently and was voiced by Weird Al.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Cthulu Carl posted:

Raven on Teen Titans Go is a brony, sooooo...

EDIT: Also Darkseid was in an episode recently and was voiced by Weird Al.

She's a young girl, the primary uncreepy demographic for that. I thought brony's were just neckbeards that are 20+

Also, the new Teen Titans, Gum Ball and Regular show own and I always like it when my nephews come over because it's an excuse to watch them and not feel dorky

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Booblord Zagats posted:

She's a young girl, the primary uncreepy demographic for that. I thought brony's were just neckbeards that are 20+

Also, the new Teen Titans, Gum Ball and Regular show own and I always like it when my nephews come over because it's an excuse to watch them and not feel dorky

To be honest, TTG was just kinda filler between episodes of Gumball and poo poo. Until the episode that they replace Beast Boy with the chick from the Wonder Twins and force her useless brother to be the receptionist until he gets pissed off and flushes himself down the toilet so he can join the ocean.

Now I dig its disregard for canon. And it's hard to be mad at an episode with Cyborg summoning the Golden Girls with the Green Lantern's ring, Beast Boy adding some blatant homosexual subtext to Martian Manhunter and the Titans repeatedly murdering the Justice League while trying to save them.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Where do you guys find the time to watch cartoons,

I'm hardpressed to even get a few shitposts a day in nowadays

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Zzulu posted:

Where do you guys find the time to watch cartoons,

I'm hardpressed to even get a few shitposts a day in nowadays

if something's important to you, you make time

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

those are some top tier crazy eyes

I saw an article about a woman killing herself in the movie theatre during batman vs superman and thought it was fake as gently caress, then I saw that video and thought might be this lady so IDK anymore.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

I watch a couple hours when I get home from work. It helps me relax and not go on a shooting rampage and the bright colors distract me from the crushing misery of my day to day existence.

I save my Shitposting for business hours, usually.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
You know, all the middle east stuff - esp. Batman's dream - I think probably began life in the script as a way to setup the original Dark Knight story; make Superman a stooge of the US Government, this time fighting Middle Eastern terrorists instead of spying on the Russians.

Do you know how much more sense the intro would have made if the tracking beacon wasn't for special forces but was for Superman? Like the government convinced him to help take out terrorists? Drop the stupid Lex poo poo, and expand on that and you'd have an actual compelling story I think.

What a mess.

Tiberius Christ posted:

Wowa, wowa, wowa. Are you loving serious?

That was Goddamn Jimmy Olsen?

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Mar 31, 2016

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Microwaves Mom posted:

I saw an article about a woman killing herself in the movie theatre during batman vs superman and thought it was fake as gently caress, then I saw that video and thought might be this lady so IDK anymore.

That's a bit extreme. Disappointing, sure, but that sort of thing should be reserved for the next sequel/reboot of Baby Geniuses. This wasn't that bad.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Cthulu Carl posted:

To be honest, TTG was just kinda filler between episodes of Gumball and poo poo. Until the episode that they replace Beast Boy with the chick from the Wonder Twins and force her useless brother to be the receptionist until he gets pissed off and flushes himself down the toilet so he can join the ocean.

Now I dig its disregard for canon. And it's hard to be mad at an episode with Cyborg summoning the Golden Girls with the Green Lantern's ring, Beast Boy adding some blatant homosexual subtext to Martian Manhunter and the Titans repeatedly murdering the Justice League while trying to save them.

Making Robin a micomanagey hyper-insecure kid was a funny choice, too. It's just nice to have some 60s super hero wacky poo poo instead of more grimdark superhero stuff. I applaud them for just having fun with it

Also the episode where they infiltrate the bad guys and find out they have a way cooler HQ so more and more of them keep joining under different identities and just annoying the poo poo out of the bad guys with their mooching was pretty great

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Booblord Zagats posted:

That and she's voiced by Tara Strong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Blazing Ownager posted:

That's a bit extreme. Disappointing, sure, but that sort of thing should be reserved for the next sequel/reboot of Baby Geniuses. This wasn't that bad.

Personally I think she should have waited for suicide squad.

• Locked thread