Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bandiet
Dec 31, 2015

CPL593H posted:

I would absolutely not recommend the Disc Washer under any circumstance because at best it just moves the dirt around the grooves of a record and at worst it's probably grinding that poo poo in deeper. Any any rate it does nothing to actually clean records and is basically a relic of the 70s when there were numerous snake oil solutions to cleaning records.

For years, I've been whiling away my time by wiping the dirt into a thin line and then blowing it off :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

CPL593H posted:

A Spin Clean is good if you're on a budget. I've been using one to great success for several years now. While I don't think will be as thorough as anything with a vacuum, it's possibly the best you're going to get without one. I would absolutely not recommend the Disc Washer under any circumstance because at best it just moves the dirt around the grooves of a record and at worst it's probably grinding that poo poo in deeper. Any any rate it does nothing to actually clean records and is basically a relic of the 70s when there were numerous snake oil solutions to cleaning records.

Spin Clean itself is a relic of the 70s, it just happened to actually work.

I definitely got my money's worth cleaning about 150 of my hoarder mother-in-law's records. My suggestion is to save it for doing a bunch of records at once, you don't want to waste the overpriced solution when it's only a single record or two you clean at a time.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Has anyone bought the 3D printed RCM from this guy up in Canada?

http://www.squeakycleanvinyl.com/home.html

I'm considering buying one sometime later this year. I already have a shop vac so it would only be $35 more than buying a Spin Clean.

TooLShack
Jun 3, 2001

SMILE, BIRTHDAY BOY!
One of my customers has and I've been thinking of getting one for the store. Customer is pretty happy with it and seems like the dude keeps improving on the design.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.
Got a few things in this week.

Ramesses - Baptism of the Walking Dead. The jacket unfolds into an upside-down cross because Satan.

Vaporizer - Sea Full of Eyes/These Old Hills 7".

Bongzilla - Stash. This thing had the mild aroma of cannabis when I first opened the package.

Edit: And I just got this in today.

Horrendous - Anareta.

Detective Thompson fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Mar 26, 2016

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.
Today I bought a copy of Metal Machine Music. Tomorrow I'm going to try and listen to the whole thing in one sitting.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

CPL593H posted:

Today I bought a copy of Metal Machine Music. Tomorrow I'm going to try and listen to the whole thing in one sitting.

I've never been able to manage it, though I do think it's fascinating in 10 minute increments.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

CPL593H posted:

And what booze did you get to lubricate this attempt with?

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

CPL593H posted:

it's not even a very harsh album

Ras Het
May 23, 2007

when I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child - but now I am a man.

A human heart posted:

it's not even a very harsh album

Yeah it's not the loving '50s

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot
good luck on your quest

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Ballz posted:

UPDATE: For reasons I cannot begin to fathom, she showed zero interest in keeping this audio masterpiece and we exchanged packages.

My Mother 1 soundtrack now has a mate.

:ducksiren: 16 bit vinyl :ducksiren:

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Ballz posted:

Rad

minivanmegafun
Jul 27, 2004

Okay, now I want that for the cover and gatefold.

het
Nov 14, 2002

A dark black past
is my most valued
possession

Ballz posted:

I'd be a lot more interested if it were Mother 13 on vinyl

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late

CPL593H posted:

I tried that once and started to feel sick and very depressed during the third side.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Ballz posted:

Nice, I got the split blue/yellow one but haven't had time to listen to it.

Glad I didn't get the puke one though. That one was the first to sell out too.

Boinks fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Mar 28, 2016

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

Ballz posted:

Looks good. They've only got the black left now, should have bought when i first saw the announcement. I didn't think they'd sell out on all the color ones!

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Giga Gaia posted:

I didn't think they'd sell out on all the color ones!

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > No Music Discussion > The Vinyl Thread - Yes, the colored pressing is sold out.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

If you're asking yourself, "That Mother 2 soundtrack looks great, but it feels like it's missing something," I present without comment:

https://twitter.com/STSPhonoCo/status/715234989307273216

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer

Ballz posted:

If you're asking yourself, "That Mother 2 soundtrack looks great, but it feels like it's missing something," I present without comment:

Wouldn't the arm just fall off after a while? How does it stay pressed to the record without killing needles all the time. I am most likely overthinking how stupid that thing is

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Flaggy posted:

Wouldn't the arm just fall off after a while? How does it stay pressed to the record without killing needles all the time. I am most likely overthinking how stupid that thing is

Hey man, how can you enjoy your records when you have to LEAN over them to see them, man?

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Wayne Coyne owns one of those, that's how I know it's stupid and pointless.

Also, I have eyes.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Flaggy posted:

It's springloaded, so it's pressed against the record like it's the peeling blade on one of those machines that skins and cores an apple for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Y1Rm3Y7MEs

WASDF
Jul 29, 2011

Battles are reissuing EP C/B EP, Mirrored and Gloss Drop http://warprecords.github.io/battles-represses/

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Allen Wren posted:

It's springloaded, so it's pressed against the record like it's the peeling blade on one of those machines that skins and cores an apple for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Y1Rm3Y7MEs

I'm sure much like the apple peeler thing my mother in law tried repeatedly to show me this weekend, it works.. Not well.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

I really don't own that many soundtracks, I promise guys

Go Land Crabs~

Blue variant exclusive to ordering from SpaceLab9's website. There's also a yellow variant at Barnes and Noble, and apparently Europe's variant is "Chicago Sunroof." :barf:

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Ballz posted:

I almost feel bad for the people who will inevitably buy this, but then I remember that they're stupid enough to buy this.

Ballz posted:

I really don't own that many soundtracks, I promise guys

Go Land Crabs~

This should say "James McGill" on it. :goonsay:

CPL593H fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Mar 31, 2016

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

CPL593H posted:

poo poo my gimmicky extra... :negative:

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Ballz posted:

poo poo my gimmicky extra... :negative:

What's on the album? Is it original score stuff or just a bunch of licensed songs they used on the show?

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

The licensed songs, including an extended version of the opening theme that is actually really good.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.

CPL593H posted:

I almost feel bad for the people who will inevitably buy this, but then I remember that they're stupid enough to buy this.

Dr. Lariat
Jul 1, 2004

by Lowtax
I heard you guys love video game soundtracks!

Dr. Lariat fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Mar 31, 2016

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

We also love gigantic photos.

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

I DO want some cookies!

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

SOR2 is better.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Only Soundtracks I own is used ones or new ones for lovely 70s and 80s exploitation films because I'm a sucker for them.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Dr. Lariat posted:

I heard you guys love video game soundtracks!

Not Banjo-Kazooie not worth it

That's the only VG soundtrack anyone will ever need (as long as Nintendo doesn't release anything on vinyl, which would probably get me to spend way too much money)

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Yoshifan823 posted:

Not Banjo-Kazooie not worth it

That's the only VG soundtrack anyone will ever need (as long as Nintendo doesn't release anything on vinyl, which would probably get me to spend way too much money)

Bootlegs, son

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Bootlegs, son

I kinda wish that cover was closer to the original, like you'd have each person (or pokemon, whatever) in the right position and outfit and pose, not just a wall of creatures.