Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Bernice Anders posted:

Trump should have doubled down on his abortion stance and made Cruz explain his position. Blown opportunity by Trump, a rare mistake.

This is eleventh-dimensional chess here, man. We mortals shouldn't pretend we know what's going on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.
Pro-Life conservatives believe in criminal charges against the women for having abortions, period, full stop, they have to. Why? Because if they didn't people would just use black market abortion inducing pills within the US or travel abroad to receive an abortion.

Does anyone really think that pro-life activists will be just fine with a woman flying to Canada to murder her baby and then come back consequence free besides the plane ticket and hotel room for a night? Sure, they will be just fine with black market abortion pills, I mean just as long as you don't get a prescription and have it filled in the US go ahead and murder your baby, no biggie.

Three Olives fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Mar 31, 2016

Bernice Anders
Feb 26, 2016

by zen death robot

BeOSPOS posted:

This is eleventh-dimensional chess here, man. We mortals shouldn't pretend we know what's going on

Nice meme.

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Xenophon posted:

To repeat: the standard conservative line is that women who get abortions are "victims" and deserve our sympathy; the doctors are the ones who should be punished for the crime. It's illogical as gently caress but it's how they reconcile their abhorrent position with the fact that so many women get abortions. Marjorie Dannenfelser of Susan B. Anthony's List was on NPR this morning jumping through all the usual hoops. You can listen here if you want a taste of how the argumentation goes.

The only moral abortion is a woman throwing herself down the stairs hard enough.

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Just sharing some laughs with my buds in this thread

:hchatter:

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Narciss posted:

This point was made a bit flippantly, but its an important one. Trump is a natural alpha, so don't be surprised when all the women who claim to 'hate' that Big Bad Bully Who Is So Mean But Also Kind of Strong & Dangerous end up voting for him in the general. Anyone who is sufficiently educated on Redpill sociology and anthropology can see this coming from a mile away. Favorability ratings mean nothing at this stage. Other Alphas also love Trump, which leaves the betas and the cucks for Hillary. Not a demographic I would rely on come November.

you went way too broad with this one friend

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Trump punched a teacher? Holy gently caress he's going to win the primary in a landslide.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
https://twitter.com/ppppolls/status/715545605087608832
https://twitter.com/ppppolls/status/715546019459633152

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself

Narciss posted:

This point was made a bit flippantly, but its an important one. Trump is a natural alpha, so don't be surprised when all the women who claim to 'hate' that Big Bad Bully Who Is So Mean But Also Kind of Strong & Dangerous end up voting for him in the general. Anyone who is sufficiently educated on Redpill sociology and anthropology can see this coming from a mile away. Favorability ratings mean nothing at this stage. Other Alphas also love Trump, which leaves the betas and the cucks for Hillary. Not a demographic I would rely on come November.

:lol: man, this is the hottest take

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
Also Trump is taking today to meet with people, including his foreign policy team, in Washington - no rallies, no scheduled media appearances, etc. So the horse named Narrative is left out to pasture without Trump holding the reigns for at least a day.

Bernice Anders
Feb 26, 2016

by zen death robot

Cruz is finished

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
https://twitter.com/ppppolls/status/715546788233666560

There is literally no group of people left that likes Trump

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I disagree strongly with Trump's tax plan, which will just end up transferring more wealth to the top 1% at the expense of lower income brackets and the gutting of important government services, and I disagree strongly that a ban on Muslim immigration is an effective means of combatting domestic terrorism, which is largely committed by non-Muslim white people with easy access to firearms, and I also disagree strongly that women who elect to have an abortion should be punished criminally,

BUT HE IS JUST SUCH AN ALPHA

*CREAMS*

*VOTES TRUMP*

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Slate Action posted:

https://twitter.com/ppppolls/status/715546788233666560

There is literally no group of people left that likes Trump

except republican primary voters.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Not even then, Trump doesn't get more votes than the rest of the Republican field combined. If they somehow could have pared down the field to one challenger for Trump early on I don't think he would have had a chance. But, that would have required them to actually see him as a threat early on, rather than as a vanity candidate. It would also have required them to stop fighting and agree on a champion, which doesn't seem something they are capable of doing either.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
So...Trump's favorability rating among Republican primary voters is pretty much the only number he's above water in, isn't it?

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Alter Ego posted:

So...Trump's favorability rating among Republican primary voters is pretty much the only number he's above water in, isn't it?

And he's in better shape than every other candidate in the republican primary currently.

The GOP is a wonderful thing right now.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Alter Ego posted:

Who cares if non-GOP people don't like you?

This isn't the dem primaries!

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

remusclaw posted:

Not even then, Trump doesn't get more votes than the rest of the Republican field combined. If they somehow could have pared down the field to one challenger for Trump early on I don't think he would have had a chance. But, that would have required them to actually see him as a threat early on, rather than as a vanity candidate. It would also have required them to stop fighting and agree on a champion, which doesn't seem something they are capable of doing either.

Yeah they started this thing with an insane number of candidates.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

yesreday waas fun, but now i worry that trump will lose steam too fastand won't come to the convention as the preening demagogue come conquering. hopefully he can coast on trumpmentum despite these unfavorables and make the convention the bloodbath i need

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/NateSilver538/status/715548466764771330
So...you're telling me there's a chance?

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Just a reminder, Cruz has to win 85% of the remaining delegates to get the nomination.

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.
Think in the future they will have some sort of mechanism to limit the bench? The number of candidates was stupid in the beginning and likely helped Trump.

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Just a reminder, Cruz has to win 85% of the remaining delegates to get the nomination.

I think there's another way he could win the nomination...

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax

Fidel Castronaut posted:

Think in the future they will have some sort of mechanism to limit the bench? The number of candidates was stupid in the beginning and likely helped Trump.

Primary Thunderdome

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

You really are a louse...

Narciss posted:

This um says a lot more about you than it does the polls, dude

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Fidel Castronaut posted:

Cruz on the top of the ticket of a fractured republican party might be even worse than Trump, so I am all for it.

It actually sounds like Cruz might have a good shot too, they're playing the delegate politics that tends to lead to a clear majority when the delegates come unbound. Cruz in that situation is a strong candidate to take the nomination.

.. and then Trump runs 3rd party against "Lyin' Ted" to make a statement and the entire thing comes down in fire :unsmigghh:

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
https://twitter.com/DeepDrumpf/status/715552740269801473

AhhYes
Dec 1, 2004

* Click *
College Slice
The most likely outcome now, assuming Trump doesn't win Wisconsin, is that he doesn't get the number of delegates necessary to win on the first ballot, right? I think if that happens a ratfucking is pretty likely. If these favorability numbers don't improve by a lot the GOP would be better off with Cruz, crazy as that sounds.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
In all seriousness, how likely is a Trump third-party run if he doesn't get the GOP nomination (through convention fuckery)?

No Mans Land
Feb 26, 2016

by Cowcaster
says increasingly nervous man for 11th time this year

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

Fidel Castronaut posted:

lets hold a primary for the primary

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

AhhYes posted:

The most likely outcome now, assuming Trump doesn't win Wisconsin, is that he doesn't get the number of delegates necessary to win on the first ballot, right? I think if that happens a ratfucking is pretty likely. If these favorability numbers don't improve by a lot the GOP would be better off with Cruz, crazy as that sounds.

Trump getting 1237 is contingent on his performance in the NE. If he runs 50%+ in most states there [wins both WTA, triggers WTA in NY, etc.] and has a solid performance in California, he can probably get there comfortably.

If he doesn't get WTA in NY and he's anemic in California, he's going to be short by like 50-60 delegates.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

Oh god, GE Ted Cruz will be so loving hilarious. I can't imagine a worse candidate than Cruz, and that includes Trump. Cruz is going to absolutely poo poo himself if he gets into a stage of the election where you need more than crazy people to win, or where you have to answer questions that actually have something to do with anything.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Reminder that California is WTA by Congressional district. Winning the state is actually meaningless. Trump winning 30 or so of the more rural congressional districts would lead to a whole bunch of delegates and a comfortable road to 1237.

e: there might not be 30 rural congressional districts in California. I can't remember how the map looks.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

Oh god, GE Ted Cruz will be so loving hilarious. I can't imagine a worse candidate than Cruz, and that includes Trump. Cruz is going to absolutely poo poo himself if he gets into a stage of the election where you need more than crazy people to win, or where you have to answer questions that actually have something to do with anything.

No matter...he'll just go out and collect a dead swan, then drink a sorority's goldfish.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Schnorkles posted:

Reminder that California is WTA by Congressional district. Winning the state is actually meaningless. Trump winning 30 or so of the more rural congressional districts would lead to a whole bunch of delegates and a comfortable road to 1237.

e: there might not be 30 rural congressional districts in California. I can't remember how the map looks.

If you don't include San Francisco, Los Angeles, San Diego, Oakland, and maybe Sacramento, then yeah that number is probably about right.

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
Hillary in a debate with Trump would be filled with that quiet, chuckling disdain that I actually really like. But I think if we get Hillary against Cruz in a debate, we might just see a sharp and focused vivisection of all the absurdities the far right has devolved into, and I kind of want to see that on live TV.

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax

Xenophon posted:

Hillary in a debate with Trump would be filled with that quiet, chuckling disdain that I actually really like. But I think if we get Hillary against Cruz in a debate, we might just see a sharp and focused vivisection of all the absurdities the far right has devolved into, and I kind of want to see that on live TV.

trump GE supporters are wrestling fans that might body a few people at the debates

cruz GE supporters will bathe themselves in the blood of the nonbelievers

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

Crazy religious authoritarians like Cruz and Santorum are the literal reason why even if I agreed with the GOP on taxes and government spending, I could never vote for them. The risk of those psychopaths getting any semblance of actual power is not even close to being worth the marginal benefits to my tax bill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.

Alter Ego posted:

In all seriousness, how likely is a Trump third-party run if he doesn't get the GOP nomination (through convention fuckery)?

If he loses the nomination in July, he will declare himself the winner, the GOP the loser, and say "See, I told you so!" in November when Cruz (or whoever) loses. Running third party would lessen that "told you so" and he knows he would lose so maybe he doesn't run third-party?

• Locked thread