Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Bholder posted:

They will close the thread like they did with Dota.
It's not there yet. Let's keep it that way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlyFrog
May 16, 2007

What? One name? Who are you, Seal?
I did it. I finally officially stroked out last night and started full on ranting at people in chat. The nominal trigger? Playing jungle, going bot specifically to hold lane (which was pushed up to tower) to allow a 5% health Draven to back. Pinging back, over and over. Having him sit around for 30 seconds to "get some XP." Having him walk too far forward, and get blasted with a Sona chord. Having him then claim it was "worth for the XP."

The real trigger? I hate everyone who loving plays this game. (Except for all of you, you are all cool.)

This is my confession of guilt. I need absolution.

SlyFrog fucked around with this message at 14:29 on Mar 31, 2016

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx

SlyFrog posted:

I did it. I finally officially stroked out last night and started full on ranting at people in chat. The nominal trigger? Playing jungle, going bot specially to hold lane (which was pushed up to tower) to allow a 5% health Draven to back. Pinging back, over and over. Having him sit around for 30 seconds to "get some XP." Having him walk too far forward, and get blasted with a Sona chord. Having him then claim it was "worth for the XP."

The real trigger? I hate everyone who loving plays this game. (Except for all of you, you are all cool.)

Sometimes it is so hard to keep your calm. I wish I'd saved some screencaps from the other day, when a Tahm Kench kept spamming pre-game chat with "hey jinx im ur pet and ur my master", then, every time I went in to trade, rather than help by poking the enemy to keep them in range of my wide array of weaponry, he would eat me ad run back to tower. When I realized this and tried to just farm safely, he kept trying to poke by grabbing minions with Devour and spitting them at people as I was last-hitting them. This, of course, left him with no mana to actually use Devour to save me when I actually needed saving. No amount of "stop eating me when I'm at full health" or "poke with Q, not with W" seemed to penetrate his skull, and he seemed upset and confused at why he got reported for intentionally aiding the enemy team.

What I'm saying is your absolution is in the fact that some players are so bad that they are indistinguishable from trolls. Once you accept this, you can just enjoy the clown fiesta as it unfolds.

Once I accepted that I was paired with someone who, whether through malice or inbreeding, was going to do more to poo poo on my laning phase than the Kindred-Soraka combo I was laning against, it just became a comedy I could enjoy.

(Plus, a fed as gently caress Darius saved the early, and helped me snowball back up during midgame through teamfights, so we won that motherfucker.)

SlyFrog
May 16, 2007

I appreciate this. It's not so much that I get mad at video games. For example, I lost two soldiers in XCom 2 last night, and while I was swept with a wave of infinite sadness at their sacrifice for humanity, I was not mad at the video game.

I really am only mad at other people who play video games with me.

The clear solution to this is to stop playing video games with other people, but I have a difficult time making myself do this. I am, however, getting closer.

Hermetic posted:

What I'm saying is your absolution is in the fact that some players are so bad that they are indistinguishable from trolls. Once you accept this, you can just enjoy the clown fiesta as it unfolds.

Once I accepted that I was paired with someone who, whether through malice or inbreeding, was going to do more to poo poo on my laning phase than the Kindred-Soraka combo I was laning against, it just became a comedy I could enjoy.

This is the state of Zen I need to achieve. It's like the mindfulness of video games.

Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx

SlyFrog posted:

This is the state of Zen I need to achieve. It's like the mindfulness of video games.

It's hard to do. An actual troll Taric put me on tilt last week, and since then, I've made more of an effort to not let poo poo get me down. The difference in how you play when upset v how you play when happy is enormous.

Hermetic fucked around with this message at 14:41 on Mar 31, 2016

Primetime
Jul 3, 2009

SlyFrog posted:

I did it. I finally officially stroked out last night and started full on ranting at people in chat. The nominal trigger? Playing jungle, going bot specifically to hold lane (which was pushed up to tower) to allow a 5% health Draven to back. Pinging back, over and over. Having him sit around for 30 seconds to "get some XP." Having him walk too far forward, and get blasted with a Sona chord. Having him then claim it was "worth for the XP."

I had a friend playing garen top the other day while we were in voice chat. He was getting dumpstered by a Darius, and had no idea how to stop it.

At one point he had half health and I told him to go back asap because if he leaves his turret Darius will Q him, then hecarim will dive him with ult for the easy kill. 30 seconds later that exact scenario played out and he died...again.

It doesn't matter who you play with people are dumb, don't listen, and are frustrating. The key is you just need to get good enough to take advantage of when the enemy team has that idiot on it.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

Bholder posted:

They will close the thread like they did with Dota.

This thread is nowhere near the insane poo poo the Dota thread became even with all the constant methanar pubebeard live blogging bond's stream of X... is good posts with dick all content or luna screaming about memes or any other bad posts that happen here. It's got nothing on how bad the Dota thread got.

Imp Atom and Naga's aggressively boring argument is dorky but not actively virulent garbage

FactsAreUseless posted:

It's not there yet. Let's keep it that way.

Doubt it ever will

Servaetes fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Mar 31, 2016

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
So what happened in the dota thread]

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
The same thing that has happened to it for the ten plus years it has tried to exist on somethingawful. It got gassed and mods said to not make another.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Servaetes posted:

It got gassed and mods said to not make another.

lol

e: got my Lux S last night :hellyeah:

If I would just learn to CS I think I could be decent at this game.

Sexpansion fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Mar 31, 2016

Freaksaus
Jun 13, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Sexpansion posted:

lol

e: got my Lux S last night :hellyeah:

If I would just learn to CS I think I could be decent at this game.

I feel like, as important as cs is, you always have to look at how you're doing relative to others in the game. Sometimes you get games where there's just so much skirmishing going on, or you're mid and people keep reverting to the the full on 5v5 aram which makes it impossible o cs. You were miles ahead of everyone' else in terms of cs this game.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

Methanar posted:

So what happened in the dota thread]

retard 4 happened

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

SlyFrog posted:

Solo queue jungle is the easiest way to have a stroke playing League of Legends. Even if you carry 9/10 games you are going to have that one game where all three lanes lose loving brutally and spend the whole game passive aggressively blaming you for their lane opponent being god like at 11 minutes.

I'm probably one of the most calm/carefree players of this game that I know and I think the only time I've ever melted down playing League was like a Vi jungle game in ranked about two years ago where something exactly like that happened and I got like 15 consecutive negative messages from my teammates despite having the only even neutral score on my team and I just then sat at the tier 2 tower yelling for them to stop and just power fisted into the enemy team to end it all.

Solo queue jungling will at some point break you down as well. You just have to be strong enough to recover when your 0/7/0 LeBlanc lets you know that you need to loving camp mid.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

This is also not the thread to discuss the DOTA thread getting gassed. Thanks for keeping this one better. Keep it up.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

SlyFrog posted:

just do what methanar does and violently cuss out people in your game out loud

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Libertine posted:

Solo queue jungling will at some point break you down as well. You just have to be strong enough to recover when your 0/7/0 LeBlanc lets you know that you need to loving camp mid.

This is literally why I no longer main jungle. It was killing me.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Sexpansion posted:

This is literally why I no longer main jungle. It was killing me.

just ignore people on your team and if they keep bugging you mute them

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

pog boyfriend posted:

just ignore people on your team and if they keep bugging you mute them

I am not strong enough, so I play mid now. It's all good I like laning better anyways :)

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Sexpansion posted:

I am not strong enough, so I play mid now. It's all good I like laning better anyways :)

you will never be able to build magic pen amumu and 1v5 pentakill the enemy team as a mid laner

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

jungling is depressing because whenever i get off to a good early start it seems like my team tries aggressively to throw the lead away. i think because when you get off to a good start you can easily get kills in every lane and people assume that they're really far ahead when its actually just me getting far ahead.

Nyandaber Z
Apr 8, 2009
Alright, how do you deal against a tanky champ rushing Sunfire when you're a melee character in top lane? Feels like you can't trade at all between the armor and the AoE dps, and it ends up in me having to lasthit under tower while the other guy is free to roam. I'm playing Trundle if it changes anything.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Nyandaber Z posted:

Alright, how do you deal against a tanky champ rushing Sunfire when you're a melee character in top lane? Feels like you can't trade at all between the armor and the AoE dps, and it ends up in me having to lasthit under tower while the other guy is free to roam. I'm playing Trundle if it changes anything.

It changes a lot actually. Trundle is a tank buster and probably the ideal fighter pick against a top lane tank pick. Just use your ultimate to stat-steal the tanky guy as soon as you have a gank and beat him down.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Have they ever said anything about making Trundles ult look more impactful? Even when I'm playing him there are times I feel like I barely notice it being used and whenever I'm playing against him it's hard as hell to notice it going off in a teamfight. I'm not expecting a neon glow or anything but it just kinda blends too much.

Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx

ImpAtom posted:

Have they ever said anything about making Trundles ult look more impactful? Even when I'm playing him there are times I feel like I barely notice it being used and whenever I'm playing against him it's hard as hell to notice it going off in a teamfight. I'm not expecting a neon glow or anything but it just kinda blends too much.

That is exactly the problem. I've had many hectic teamfights where after, I noticed that my ult was up, despite me having thought I used it during the fight. The visual is just so weak that I assumed I missed it.

E: Corrected hideous phone typing errors.

Hermetic fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Mar 31, 2016

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

To prevent them from crashing waves into your tower you can either match their sunfire, buy a ZZrot, or buy a tiamat. All of those items are OK on Trundle, but personally I'd get a tiamat and sit on it as it lets you counter the strategy with the least gold investment.

Keep in mind that on Trundle trades that initially look like you lost tend to swing around to a significant advantage as long as you disengage in time, because of Trundle's passive.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Luna Was Here posted:

@keeby
you

me

other way around mr. tiltlord luna

edit: im more of a morgana main than anything else atm anyway

SlyFrog posted:

aren't you like, 30 and have kids? lol. its a loving videogame, take a break if you are getting sick of it instead of whining on an internet forum. incessant tilting is annoying as gently caress compared to the keeby "tilt in bursts" strategy

How Rude fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Mar 31, 2016

SlyFrog
May 16, 2007

How Rude posted:

aren't you like, 30 and have kids? lol. its a loving videogame, take a break if you are getting sick of it instead of whining on an internet forum. incessant tilting is annoying as gently caress compared to the keeby "tilt in bursts" strategy

u mad bro?

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
IF I LOST THIS GAME

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Also I'm almost 30 don't be a h8r

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

SlyFrog posted:

u mad bro?

by bronze level posting as much as i am from bronze level play, yeah

SlyFrog
May 16, 2007

How Rude posted:

by bronze level posting as much as i am from bronze level play, yeah

Don't self-hate. Keep working at it, and soon you will be Challenger level, capable of expressing yourself outside of memes and pre-digested witticisms.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
This actually solves a lot of problems.

Freaksaus
Jun 13, 2007

Grimey Drawer

AHH FUGH posted:

IF I LOST THIS GAME

When games go that long though, just one person getting picked off will lose you the game. Gold advantage doesn't mean poo poo if everyone has full build anyway.

I've also never been a fun of selling your boots to go for a full 6 item build, but maybe adc mains can tell me I'm wrong. I feel like mobility is just too important on an adc with so many people gunning for you.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
hey you guys just remember we're all friends here ok :)

SlyFrog
May 16, 2007

Methanar posted:

No, that would not solve his need, he wanted the ego burst out of calling me to task. If he wanted to ignore it, he could have just scrolled past it.

In any event, I've had my fun with this one - time to move on.

Lovechop posted:

hey you guys just remember we're all friends here ok :)

I agree. It's the Lovechops of the world who bring out the angels of our better nature. :angel:

SlyFrog fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Mar 31, 2016

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Freaksaus posted:

When games go that long though, just one person getting picked off will lose you the game. Gold advantage doesn't mean poo poo if everyone has full build anyway.

I've also never been a fun of selling your boots to go for a full 6 item build, but maybe adc mains can tell me I'm wrong. I feel like mobility is just too important on an adc with so many people gunning for you.

Jhin passive and min/maxing his kit makes up for it

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006
Canadian Santa Extraordinaire

Freaksaus posted:

That's always bugged me about super late game - any slight advantage turns into your base getting blown up instantly.
Doesn't help that towers generally feel like paper lately.

KicksYouInHalf
Aug 6, 2007

National tragedy.

pog boyfriend posted:

you will never be able to build magic pen amumu and 1v5 pentakill the enemy team as a mid laner

Says you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
I have been theorizing whether or not taking AS reds and quints on Karma for toplane would be good. Part of what makes her so strong is constant auto attack harass and resetting Mantra but her base AS is atrocious and makes last hitting almost impossible. After accidentally taking an AS rune page on her she felt much more effective in bullying than with bread and butter MPen

Methanar posted:

:lol:

How Rude fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Mar 31, 2016

• Locked thread