Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO
Your posts are wrong and bad please take professional courses to learn how to post better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

or you'll what, post that one screamy no video again????

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
Desert borderlands looks cool but its too sucks, poo poo and garbage. Anyone on maguuma/sfd knew I used to tag up and command every day but the trekking all over a map to fight nothing but guards loving sucks, apline isn't perfect but it's better and that's cool by me.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Can't wait for alpine BL to be back and wvw populated again

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

CLAM DOWN posted:

Can't wait for alpine BL to be back and wvw populated again

How would you know about wvw pop, I thought the BL got full just from you joining

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

the only pop will be from the servers bursting at the seams when arus logs in

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Wow I just really like poutine OK?!

Mazreal
Oct 5, 2002

adjusts monocle
gw2 was an interesting experiment, time to scrap it all though and make gw3. Hopefully with more emphasis on the esports side of things.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
SFD will be holding a SAB race on the 8th of April, should give you guys a week of practice. 1st place gets a good precursor, 2nd a poo poo one and 3rd gets "Candice DeBébé's Incredibly Trick Lifestyle" on steam

DISASTER DOVE
Dec 13, 2015

D̷O̶N̴'̴T̷ ̸T̷O̷U̵C̷H̶ ̶M̷E̸
Dreggon and I were talking about Condi Reaper, so I thought I would post this for him and other people that may be interested (assuming people haven't already seen dumb bleed stacks)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cbRUz12iy0

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Visidan posted:

SFD will be holding a SAB race on the 8th of April, should give you guys a week of practice. 1st place gets a good precursor, 2nd a poo poo one and 3rd gets "Candice DeBébé's Incredibly Trick Lifestyle" on steam

So moot is good precursor, shark spear is good, that's it right? Hrrrmmmm makes u think

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
Moot is not a good precursor, apologies.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Visidan posted:

Moot is not a good precursor, apologies.

Just for that I'm going to wreck your poo poo in SAB on Friday

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Calling it now, first and second place win the same precursor. Try for third.

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

Illuyankas posted:

or you'll what, post that one screamy no video again????

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0mEzN4IAkQ

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Thank god. Maybe this'll help to revitalize mid/low-tier EU WvW. It used to be fun and not too blobby, but those tiers are all but dead now. First the matchups moved to just EB, and then slowly the game mode started dying, with people moving to higher tiers with bigger populations. We experienced a brief resurgence some months after launch, but it started dropping again after guilds started gaining access to banners and airship bombardments. Those effectively drove out smaller guilds and pug commanders/mobs, because they couldn't compete with bigger blob guilds with access to those tools. :(

malhavok posted:

What's the problem with the new maps?

Ideally any kind of PvP map (no matter the gametype or genre) should actually facilitiate player interaction, and the new borderlands failed at this. They don't have a single big glaring flaw, but a handful of them that kinda add up:
  • They're too large and getting to places takes too long, especially when respawning. It's very hard to respond to sieges fast if you don't have teleports active, etc.
  • This issue is also compounded by the laser cannon event in the middle, which takes huge chunks of gate health if activated. Defenders that aren't already close are going to have serious issues defending in time. And while the event isn't active, the middle is useless dead space, just like the ruins used to be in Alpine.
  • The map is also a bit too focused on verticality, with too much geometrical complexity. Both normal navigation and meeting with enemy groups is often interrupted by cliffs you can't navigate easily. The walls that block roamers (but not larger groups) also punishes roamers for no clear reason.

Things may be very different in the tier 1-2 servers, but for mid and low tier servers WvW is all but dead. :shrug:

Attestant fucked around with this message at 10:16 on Mar 31, 2016

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

CaptainSwanky posted:

Dreggon and I were talking about Condi Reaper, so I thought I would post this for him and other people that may be interested (assuming people haven't already seen dumb bleed stacks)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cbRUz12iy0

cheers for this, looks like you had a huge amount of horrors up and did a lot of autoattacking

as a lazy person this is clearly the class for me raidwise

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Last night was apparently ArenaNet WvW night, as about 8 or so ANet employees logged on for Tarnished Coast. They even claimed a keep. The one in EBG used to spawn camp Dragonbrand.

So of course we pushed them back and got the keep back because they had no upgrades nor tactivators and I guess we outblobbed the TC blob. But I had the pleasure of personally raining Meteor Showers on most of them.

Unfortunately I had the displeasure of seeing map chat explode with a bunch of whiners and conspiracy theories about ANet favoring our enemies and uggghhhh.

Redmanred
Aug 29, 2005

My hometown japan
:japan:
I got a nice cheap Greatsaw off the TP this morning and had to change my guard's look for it.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

"ugh the shitlords at anet don't even play wvw, how could they understand our problems"

*anet devs log on and play*

"ughhhhhhhh what is this favoritism poo poo gently caress you anet"

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

Redmanred posted:

I got a nice cheap Greatsaw off the TP this morning and had to change my guard's look for it.

How cheap is cheap? i thought those things were worth multiple thousands of gold.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

malhavok posted:

How cheap is cheap? i thought those things were worth multiple thousands of gold.

Sell listing seems to have dropped to like 640g as of now

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Is my ghastly shield still worth a small country?

Aug 24, 2011

CLAM DOWN posted:

Is my ghastly shield still worth a small country?

....no. that went down to 640g as well. i wonder what's going on here

e: incidentally, having money is pretty great

where the red fern gropes fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Mar 31, 2016

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
Looks like the sell listings have gone up from some 30-40 shields in January to 150+ listed now. This is weird. I wonder if some super rich hoarder decided to flood the market.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

rip lonk

quote:

03/31/2016 – March 31 Release Notes

NEW FEATURES AND CONTENT

Super Adventure Festival

Super Adventure Box has returned with the Super Adventure Festival!
Play World 01 and World 02 on Normal, Infantile, or Tribulation Modes.
Play through World 02 in record time, utilizing brand-new shortcuts.
Seek out new hidden furniture shops and collect Fancy Furniture Coins to purchase decorations for your guild hall.
Speak with Moto in Rata Sum and browse his reward items.
If you own the Infinite Continue Coin, speak with Moto to receive your free Super Bee Dog Mail Carrier.
The Infinite Continue Coin will now grant 99 lives when used in Super Adventure Box.
Moto has created a set of orange Super weapon skins.
Complete Moto’s Course Work daily achievements for extra baubles, and earn an orange Super weapon skin.
Festivities are scheduled to end April 19.

BALANCE, BUG-FIXING, POLISH

General

Clicking the icon of a collectible obtained by completing a separate achievement or collection now takes players to the details for the achievement that grants that collectible.
LFG: Timeouts for attempting to join multiple groups have been adjusted in an attempt to not punish players who are using the tool legitimately.

Events

Fixed a bug that sometimes prevented the event “Help Pact troops establish a camp at Hope Falls” in Malchor’s Leap from starting.

Raids

Salvation Pass

Slothasor’s event area now has a boss camera, allowing you to zoom out farther.
Additional mushrooms now spawn in Slothasor’s event area, at the entrance, 60 seconds after the encounter begins.
Volatile Poison now has a special action skill allowing you to drop the growing poison early.
Slothasor can no longer chain cast Halitosis and Tantrum, allowing him to move more easily.

BLACK LION TRADING COMPANY GEM STORE

New Items and Promotions

The Super Adventure Pack is now available and contains the Infinite Continue Coin, 1 Super Adventure Box o’ Fun, and the exclusive Super Bee Dog Mail Carrier, located in the Special category of the Gem Store for 600 gems.
Super Adventure Box miniatures have returned. They can be found in the Toys category of the Gem Store for 500 gems, only for a limited time.
The Super Explosive Finisher can be found in the Upgrades category of the Gem Store for 600 gems.
This is the last week for the Molten harvesting tools. Pick up yours today in the Special category of the Gem Store for 1,000 gems.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Why is this just until the 19th. gently caress you Anet and your loving hard-on for temporary content.

Aug 24, 2011

lovely rear end box

Aug 24, 2011

stupid autism box

Morshu
Sep 30, 2009

Attack monkey! Monkey attack!
I haven't touched this game in months, but they finally brought back SAB. I never got to play it, so I'm coming back just for that even if HoT has been disappointing. At least it has no sub fee. :unsmith:

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Waaaaaait, is the infinite continue coin no longer.....infinite?!

Aug 24, 2011

savage rear end beating

Lagonazer
Jan 3, 2012

Come here friends.
Hug me! Oh yeah. Hug me.
I'm getting bad flashbacks to tribulations mode.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

CLAM DOWN posted:

Waaaaaait, is the infinite continue coin no longer.....infinite?!

it just brings you back to 99 lives every time you use it

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Kessel posted:

it just brings you back to 99 lives every time you use it

And you can keep using it? Good.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

ARENANET STOP MAKING IT TEMPORARY CONTENT FOR THE LOVE OF gently caress

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Johnny Joestar posted:

ARENANET STOP MAKING IT TEMPORARY CONTENT FOR THE LOVE OF gently caress

DONT EVEN CARE I GET TO PLAY SAAAABBBBB

IM SO FUCKIN EXCITED

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
Oh my god

Is it time for a real itshappening.gif?

Mazreal
Oct 5, 2002

adjusts monocle
I just reinstalled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

i think the most important fact here we all need to remember and honour, is that Cletus Was Right

• Locked thread