Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I thought them practicing super healing is how we ended with Deadpool.

Yeah but I was given to understand that Deadpool's healing factor was explicitly derived from Wolverine's by the evil science of Weapon X.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Maybe it's a mutant squirrel with a healing factor?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Squirrels are pretty indestructible already.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
Someone on tumblr made a great Spider-Man comic.

http://hannahblumenreich.tumblr.com/post/141936003298/that-take-out-is-going-to-be-freezing-by-the-time

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

That is pretty great.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
It's nice when they remember Parker is supposed to be a huge nerd :3: A pre-emptive 'shut the gently caress up' at the one dude who'll come charging in to decry an anime being mentioned

EdibleBodyParts
Dec 27, 2005
Body Parts...that are edible

I love this, but don't the first two pages break the number one rule about drawing Spider-Man? (That he is never supposed to be just sitting or standing)

Maybe that is why I love them.

EdibleBodyParts fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Mar 31, 2016

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
That's Batman, I know, easily confusable.

trashbuilder
Dec 26, 2013

Look at all the poor opinions I have

SomeJazzyRat posted:

Incorrect, best batman is just sitting batman

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

EdibleBodyParts posted:

I love this, but don't the first two pages break the number one rule about drawing Spider-Man? (That he is never supposed to be just sitting or standing)

Maybe that is why I love them.

Spider-Man sits all the God damned time, just usually not at street level.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

trashbuilder posted:

Nope! Not gettin' out of this chair!

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

Squizzle posted:

But Wolverine was chosen for the Weapon X project because of his healing factor, which allowed him to survive the process of glorping adamantium into his skellington. If Weapon Plus had been practiced at installing effective super-healing powers since back in the animal experiment days, there would have been no reason to choose Logan for Weapon X!
:goonsay:

Budget cuts, eh.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

SilverSupernova posted:

It's unironically pretty great watching that entire thing go down, and it's just him flying around on the chair punching people in the face, grabbing falling dudes, and totally refusing to ever get out of that chair. Because he has an awesome god chair, who the hell would ever get out of that?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Malachite_Dragon posted:

It's nice when they remember Parker is supposed to be a huge nerd :3: A pre-emptive 'shut the gently caress up' at the one dude who'll come charging in to decry an anime being mentioned

Cowboy Bebop is exactly the anime Peter would be into even if he's not typically an anime person.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Yeah, because it's an overrated normie show.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

EdibleBodyParts posted:

SomeJazzyRat posted:

As opposed to Darkseid, who is supposed to be depicted just sitting (in a comfy chair) or standing.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.

trashbuilder posted:

What comic book is this?!

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Hollismason posted:

What comic book is this?!

Current run of Justice League, I believe.

Lurdiak posted:

Cowboy Bebop is exactly the anime Peter would be into even if he's not typically an anime person.

That and Gurren Lagaan.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Peter doesn't like harem anime because it's too much like his own life.

"Siiiigh. Another anime about a normal dude who gets amazing powers and is beset by attractive supermodels who want to sleep with him. Can't anyone write anything escapist anymore?"

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

trashbuilder posted:

I like to think this is the writer's way of getting back at editorial about the "no sitting" mandate. Total mic drop.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Civil War 3 is gonna start with an argument about Evangelion between Wolverine and Spidey spinning way out of control.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
Wolverine's hidden secret in Original Sin should've been that he and Mariko didn't get married because they got into a big argument over subs vs. dubs.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Squizzle fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Apr 1, 2016

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Transformers, More Than Meets The Eye.
They're stranded, unarmed, have no means of communication, and there's a horde of killer robots outside waiting to murder them horribly. The only thing they can do is negotiate. They only have one unwrecked vehicle left.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

SynthOrange posted:

They're stranded, unarmed, have no means of communication, and there's a horde of killer robots outside waiting to murder them horribly. The only thing they can do is negotiate. They only have one unwrecked vehicle left.

...Megatron...on a Scooty-Puff Jr. :stare:

Somehow, my life is now complete.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Lurdiak posted:

is cowboy bebop a good show

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Yes and highly accessible. There are very few of the obnoxious tropes one typically associates with the word "anime" and it's full of tributes to American films the creator liked. It also has jazz music and a really professional dub.

It is basically The Anime People Who Don't Like Anime Like.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

SilverSupernova posted:

I like how his arms look like he just wanted to steeple his fingers but then decided that's too ungodly for him so he just has his hands wherever.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

Just make this the first image a poster sees when entering ADTRW. Just give Wolverine a fedora and a flea-market sword.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Their very next posting tops it.

http://i.imgur.com/1YjYKSA.gifv

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

SynthOrange posted:

Tell Optimus that Scooty-Puff Jr. SUUUUCKS!

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

No edits :colbert:

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

It is one of the least terrible animes

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

It's the "work which becomes a genre unto itself". The creators literally put that statement in the opening title sequence, and it's lived up to it ever since. Its stylistic originality and influence is basically unsurpassed in anime.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Now you're overselling it.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Discendo Vox posted:

It's the "work which becomes a genre unto itself". The creators literally put that statement in the opening title sequence, and it's lived up to it ever since. Its stylistic originality and influence is basically unsurpassed in anime.

That is some pretty extreme exaggeration. Cowboy Bebop is a good show but it is not the Ur-Anime from which all other shows are formed or whatever.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 08:43 on Apr 2, 2016

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot

ImpAtom posted:

There is almost no part of this statement which is actually accurate. Cowboy Bebop is a good show but it is not the Ur-Anime from which all other shows are formed or whatever.

It's not even the first show to do spaceship esque things. Outlaw Star was out as a manga for two years before it and its anime premiered months before it. Outlaw Star is also really good, besides one specific episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Outlaw Star is wayyyyy more stereotypically anime, to the point of having a hot springs episode.

It's notable for being the anime Joss Whedon stole Firefly's ideas from.

E: Funny Panel thread is for funny panels

Lurdiak fucked around with this message at 08:53 on Apr 2, 2016