Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
qirex
Feb 15, 2001

angry_keebler posted:

pittsburgh is located east of the rockies and west of the pacific coastline of north america

um

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Pittsburgh is built on the sides of a dormant volcano named Mt. Lebanon, which legend has it will only erupt again once the Pirates win the World Series.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
well if you go far enough west

what's the deer population in pittsburgh?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Silver Alicorn posted:

if you go that far west you may as well go all the way around and then literally everything is west of the pacific coast including all of california

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
i grew up 80 mi SE of pittsburgh in somerset, and i hear there's a restaurant called conflict kitchen in pburgh that rotates their menu every few months and always does cuisine from countries we have had military action against. is it any good?

skeevy achievements
Feb 25, 2008

by merry exmarx
the only thing I know about Pittsburgh is apparently it has a lot of pedophiles, basically the San Francisco of the east coast

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
the only thing i know about pittsburgh is that they are objectively worse at football than denver

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose!

Stymie posted:

the only thing i know about pittsburgh is that they are objectively worse at football than denver

It's the pits.

Lysidas
Jul 26, 2002

John Diefenbaker is a madman who thinks he's John Diefenbaker.
Pillbug

MazeOfTzeentch posted:

i grew up 80 mi SE of pittsburgh in somerset, and i hear there's a restaurant called conflict kitchen in pburgh that rotates their menu every few months and always does cuisine from countries we have had military action against. is it any good?

yeah, its good, i ate there a few weeks ago and just walked by it today

current cuisine is iranian

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Stymie posted:

They're certainly bad at playing in Denver.

Silver Alicorn posted:

what's the deer population in pittsburgh?

A lot, I didn't go to a rural high school at all, but kids would always come with venison jerky to share from something they shot over the weekend.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
i have never been to pittsburgh and i will probably never go to pittsburgh

this is not intended as a slight on pittsburgh, merely an observation about myself

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Pittsburgh is bad, even for a Midwestern city

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Citizen Tayne posted:

Pittsburgh is built on the sides of a dormant volcano named Mt. Lebanon, which legend has it will only erupt again once the Pirates win the World Series.

Thank God! In that case they'll be quite safe, as the Pirates are Very Bad and shall not win in the playoffs much less the world series.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Piitsburgh

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

regret not going when i was closer to it. my friends toured thru a while ago, and i had intended on also doing so, but scheduling didn't work out. aye we ended up in detroit instead, which was good too, but detroit is no pittsburgh

CrazyLittle
Sep 11, 2001

Clapping Larry

Aceofblue
Feb 26, 2009

MazeOfTzeentch posted:

I get Conflict for lunch every now and again, and it's usually really good. I like that they hand out pamphlets when you order describing daily life , politics, occurrences, troubles, etc in the county that they're representing, I've actually learned a lot that way.

Probably my favorite meal in recent history was when they were profiling Cuba, and they had ropa vieja with rice and beans, and they had this side of twice-fried plantains with this awesome lime sauce. So good.

My least favorite was North Korea (go figure). It was really sobering to see just how little they had to work with (let alone when you think that the food that Conflict served was designed to be sold to a sheltered American palette). North Korea didn't last very long.

The most startling thing was when Conflict had Palestinian food. It was loving delicious, but the uproar from the large Orthodox Jewish community was absolutely crazy. Conflict had to shut down for a while because the owners were receiving death threats, even though their message wasn't Pro-Palestine or anti-Israel - they were just trying to bring the problems of the everyday people into light.

Raithe
Apr 17, 2008

Don't worry: I've got the moon covered...
Pittsburgh has a population of around twenty thousand people probe me

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I went to Pittsburgh when I was like 9

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

they got CHU. those fuckers

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Aceofblue posted:

I get Conflict for lunch every now and again, and it's usually really good. I like that they hand out pamphlets when you order describing daily life , politics, occurrences, troubles, etc in the county that they're representing, I've actually learned a lot that way.

Probably my favorite meal in recent history was when they were profiling Cuba, and they had ropa vieja with rice and beans, and they had this side of twice-fried plantains with this awesome lime sauce. So good.

My least favorite was North Korea (go figure). It was really sobering to see just how little they had to work with (let alone when you think that the food that Conflict served was designed to be sold to a sheltered American palette). North Korea didn't last very long.

The most startling thing was when Conflict had Palestinian food. It was loving delicious, but the uproar from the large Orthodox Jewish community was absolutely crazy. Conflict had to shut down for a while because the owners were receiving death threats, even though their message wasn't Pro-Palestine or anti-Israel - they were just trying to bring the problems of the everyday people into light.

That Pittsburgh restaurant should know that acknowledging the existence of Palestine is a crime

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Pittsburgh is a city in western Pennsylvania.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Notorious QIG posted:

Pittsburgh: It Exists!

Apr 7, 2003

Improbable Lobster posted:

Pittsburgh: It Exists!

It exists, and it's real good.

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4ZENUakuZE

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Notorious QIG posted:

pittsburgh is OK for a midwestern city

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
Pittsburgh: Better Than Cleveland

Apr 7, 2003

Pittsburgh is the best city in America.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
video games are legal for sale in pittsbrgh

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
the queen of england has not visited pittsburgh yet but she did visit philadelphia in 1976. hosed up if you ask me.

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Citizen Tayne posted:

Pittsburgh is the best city in America.

actually pittsburgh is terrible, just a lot of cities in america are worse

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Sniep posted:

the queen of england has not visited pittsburgh yet but she did visit philadelphia in 1976. hosed up if you ask me.

philadelphia is significantly cooler than pittsburgh

Tin Gang
Sep 27, 2007

Tin Gang posted:

showering has no effect on germs and is terrible for your skin. there is no good reason to do it
This city really is the PITS. 😒

Apr 7, 2003

mishaq posted:

philadelphia is significantly cooler than pittsburgh

lol this guy got thrown out of Pittsburgh for being an uncool loser and now he's mad

Apr 7, 2003

*extremely computer man voice* ACTUALLY philadelphia is cooler than Pittsburgh

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
It is true that Pittsburgh sucks if you're unsocial and people don't like you.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

hines ward is awesome. did you know the mayor at the time of filming is the kicker? he's a manbaby tho

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

graph posted:

hines ward is awesome. did you know the mayor at the time of filming is the kicker? he's a manbaby tho

Remember when he changed his name to Steelerstahl lol.

Also, my favorite cinematic use of Pittsburgh is Wonder Boys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Shittsburgh.

• Locked thread