Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010
Oh, poo poo, it's the Great War to end all Great Wars :haw:

Even if it all goes down in a raging inferno it'll be a hell of a ride.

Resubbing as I type.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Torpor posted:

Can someone edit the state of the goonion to make it not so mind numbingly cringe inducing?

lol just lol if you don't have a literal shrine to senpai Mittani in your bedroom and light a candle under his portrait each night whilst listening to the rallying cry of his past SOTGs.

:nyoron:

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Someone get Mawg Spawn to read this one

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Torpor posted:

Can someone edit the state of the goonion to make it not so mind numbingly cringe inducing?

sure:

"We're going to fight mostly the same people we've been fighting for like 7 years but now all at once in a hosed up boss rush version"

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Beach Bum posted:

Oh, poo poo, it's the Great War to end all Great Wars :haw:

Even if it all goes down in a raging inferno it'll be a hell of a ride.

Resubbing as I type.

Goons vs everyone but everyone is going to devolve in to a huge mess with tons of infighting and everyone will have their own agendas and I think goons are Syria in this?

Torpor
Oct 20, 2008

.. and now for my next trick, I'll pretend to be a political commentator...

HONK HONK

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

sure:

"We're going to fight mostly the same people we've been fighting for like 7 years but now all at once in a hosed up boss rush version"

Man you're loving good at this.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
goons are the aliens from independence day

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Hello friends. I hear that we are engaged in fisticuffs with the unwashed masses.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

sure:

Please don't ever change.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

sure:

You forgot the part where he announces that an announced future change in the game will be the definite end of our eternal foes and they are using this last moment in which they are favored by the meta to try to crush us, because they are afraid that they will otherwise end up being irrelevant and the announcement that the backstabbing traitors, whose Dolchstoß missed our heart by very little thanks to the valiant efforts of our leadership, will regret ever having created character in EvE Online - a bad game.

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

Aww yeah time to re-sub and smash some skulls :madmax:

Fix Lag
Sep 8, 2011

There's a sale at Penny's!
CCP still too stupid to program their game right

"yeah we can't be arsed to program it to reinforce all systems that could potentially spawn a node for the requested system even though we specifically designed fozziesov to spread fights out"

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?
I think I made a mistake and accidentally re-purchased my main.

Save me.

kiresays
Aug 14, 2012

someone get Boat off of this CCP stream PLEASE

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead
CCP invited Boat and Vily onto their TV show for a joint interview about the war.

It's going about as you'd expect.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

GaussianCopula posted:

You forgot the part where he announces that an announced future change in the game will be the definite end of our eternal foes and they are using this last moment in which they are favored by the meta to try to crush us, because they are afraid that they will otherwise end up being irrelevant and the announcement that the backstabbing traitors, whose Dolchstoß missed our heart by very little thanks to the valiant efforts of our leadership, will regret ever having created character in EvE Online - a bad game.

he said not cringeworthy

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.twitch.tv/ccp

:frogsiren: Pirate NPC titans available in nullsec only for high rewards just announced! :frogsiren:

-Showed a picture of an Avatar with the Blood Raider skin.
-Capitals not "required" per se, but the content is designed with capitals in mind.

Also talked about a new "burner drifter" super ship that has new AI. Apparently when you fight it, it may decide to warp off unless you point it. If it escapes, it is not tied to the site you found it in like most NPC AI. It will actually sit in space and remain there for you to scan it down and re-engage. If you do not within an undetermined amount of time, it will recruit other sleeper forces to make the encounter harder. Eventually the sleeper force might even attempt to drop on players in the system.

Stream ended. Here's a link to the full past broadcast: https://www.twitch.tv/ccp/v/57827045 New PvE content discussion begins around 57:20. Hilarious DBRB interview was the segment before that.

Siets fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Mar 31, 2016

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
RIP UMI I-hub

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Fix Lag posted:

CCP still too stupid to program their game right

"yeah we can't be arsed to program it to reinforce all systems that could potentially spawn a node for the requested system even though we specifically designed fozziesov to spread fights out"

Don't they do this after every big TiDi heavy fight?

kiresays posted:

someone get Boat off of this CCP stream PLEASE

Vily dropped some funny pipebombs in that segment.

Fix Lag
Sep 8, 2011

There's a sale at Penny's!
Vily flubbed the initial and very basic question of "why invade" and it got worse from there

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Siets posted:

Stream ended. Here's a link to the full past broadcast: https://www.twitch.tv/ccp/v/57827045 New PvE content discussion begins around 57:20. Hilarious DBRB interview was the segment before that.

lmao vily is so assmad that people didn't worship his feet after coming back a year later

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Siets posted:

https://www.twitch.tv/ccp

:frogsiren: Pirate NPC titans available in nullsec only for high rewards just announced! :frogsiren:

-Showed a picture of an Avatar with the Blood Raider skin.
-Capitals not "required" per se, but the content is designed with capitals in mind.

Also talked about a new "burner drifter" super ship that has new AI. Apparently when you fight it, it may decide to warp off unless you point it. If it escapes, it is not tied to the site you found it in like most NPC AI. It will actually sit in space and remain there for you to scan it down and re-engage. If you do not within an undetermined amount of time, it will recruit other sleeper forces to make the encounter harder. Eventually the sleeper force might even attempt to drop on players in the system.

:eyepop:

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

:eyepop:

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

Siets posted:

CCP are going to screw this up and then the node crashes after the system filled up with ten thousand drifters.

Edit: Foehammer killed my cyno :saddowns:

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Hey cool, a space-penis that looks like it's seen the inside of a space-rear end in a top hat.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

horse weiner

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Robo Reagan posted:

Goons vs everyone but everyone is going to devolve in to a huge mess with tons of infighting and everyone will have their own agendas and I think goons are Syria in this?

So Mittens is Literally Assad?

It's probably going to be a massive clusterfuck of factions, so Syria might not be the worst metaphor...

Zethe
Jun 30, 2012
Ironically DBRB was more goon than Vily

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

killstealing posted:

horse weiner

What everyone sees but no one will admit to recognizing the shape of.

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

Zephyrine posted:

What everyone sees but no one will admit to recognizing the shape of.

I just see the core of a partly eaten Apple. But I'm just :shobon:

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
Now it's a Goon's war

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

frozenpussy posted:

Now it's a Goon's war

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYAJopwEYv8

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
i loved those alpha insta-align interceptor fleets the imperium+others used to run, i love weird gimmicks like that.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Blood Raider titan :vince:

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2AC41dglnM&hd=1

I got one volley off and it was final blow :v:

Cyrelio
Mar 28, 2015

Gotta love those sword fleets.

DirtyMick
Feb 1, 2014
Wow, DBRB really carried that interview huh? Vily... I thought he was gonna full on pull a Tom Cruise from A Few Good Men and tell Boat he was a "lousy loving softball player" as a final retort.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
So C5/C6 escalations get some form of drifter titan boss or something.

And the "Moneybadger coalition" has been "running a train" on the CFC, because they can actually field doctrines like Machariel-fleet, Cerberus-fleet, some more fleets and an entosis doctrine. Unlike the CFC, obviously, which Vily left while they still had doctrines intact, but since have gone to hell in a handbasket.

Alright then, Vily.

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica

Zephyrine posted:

Edit: Foehammer killed my cyno :saddowns:

I love you still :shobon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe