Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Stanos posted:

I don't think Trillion is my thing. The story's good and the characters are nice but I don't like the fighting at all. I get that it's a multi-playthrough game and you're supposed to suck at first but even knowing the patterns I just feel helpless. At least with Kenka Bancho I could chug gatorade and beat people I wasn't supposed to but here it's just 'whoops you couldn't tell which of these constant markings were the one that one shot you' without constantly checking the log.

I like the concept, it just needs some polish and some more...action? Or less action, either way.

nftyw posted:

Sounds like Permadeath Monster Hunter to me.
More like Permadeath Mystery Dungeon except there's only one randomized stage you go to every now and then and you otherwise have to wear down a boss with multiple forms for the rest of the game. With the game mostly handling like VN/Long Live the Queen otherwise I can see why it'd be unappealing to most. You gotta like menus.
I see positive reception to the story everywhere though, which is honestly the last thing I expected. I figured the reaction would be more like the usual "Ugh".

HGH fucked around with this message at 10:24 on Mar 31, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Captain McStabbin posted:

the removal of the "story" videos and replacing them with nothing but concert/dance videos

I'm pretty mixed on this - I mean, yeah, it kinda sucks, but at the same time the work they've done into the dance routines is pretty extensive and it's obviously not just a bunch of canned moves strung together. The drop thing is just weird. The inclusion of Calc and Ai Dee makes everything forgiven.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

MotU posted:

Rise is the best girl to dump on valentines day

Your avatar changed expression just when I highlighted the spoiler. That made this post a lot funnier than it should have been.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.

HGH posted:

More like Permadeath Mystery Dungeon except there's only one randomized stage you go to every now and then and you otherwise have to wear down a boss with multiple forms for the rest of the game. With the game mostly handling like VN/Long Live the Queen otherwise I can see why it'd be unappealing to most. You gotta like menus.
I see positive reception to the story everywhere though, which is honestly the last thing I expected. I figured the reaction would be more like the usual "Ugh".

I'm perfectly fine with menu-driven gameplay and honestly if I could just AI battle trillion or have it fought off screen I'd be okay with it if it was presented nicely or something. The actual fighting is just plain bad and getting to trillion's second form wasn't a 'cool, I did it! I'm getting somewhere!' feeling like you'd want from the player, I was relieved to be able to leave and do something else.

Like I would spend 10 bucks on a power-up to make fighting trivial or to give me a spirit bomb or some poo poo since I'm in this odd situation where I want to do the VN/story part but don't want anything to do with the actual gameplay. That's not a ringing endorsement.

Fru Fru
Sep 14, 2007
We're gonna need a bigger boat...and some water.

HGH posted:

The Long Live the Queen comparison seems pretty apt. I like that kind of game and I was liking this one until I guess my save got corrupted so now I have to start over. I never had this happen before, but when I exited the game and tried to go back in, it just gave me a bunch of error codes that google told me was a corrupted save. I deleted it and started over but now the problem is I can never exit the game because I'm pretty sure it will happen again. I have the physical version of the game so it can't be a corrupted download. Anyway, I do like the game, just wish my copy wasn't broken.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
drat, that sounds like it really sucks. Maybe you can tweet that at IFI or email them for a solution? Or at worst ask for a trade-in if you got it locally?

Stanos posted:

I'm perfectly fine with menu-driven gameplay and honestly if I could just AI battle trillion or have it fought off screen I'd be okay with it if it was presented nicely or something. The actual fighting is just plain bad and getting to trillion's second form wasn't a 'cool, I did it! I'm getting somewhere!' feeling like you'd want from the player, I was relieved to be able to leave and do something else.

Like I would spend 10 bucks on a power-up to make fighting trivial or to give me a spirit bomb or some poo poo since I'm in this odd situation where I want to do the VN/story part but don't want anything to do with the actual gameplay. That's not a ringing endorsement.
A friend also had a similar impression and I see where you're coming from. It's pretty clunky. But personally I kinda enjoyed darting around the arena and figuring out what to do. Maybe it's just me.
Sorry it turned out to be a bad experience though.

ayukawa
Feb 7, 2016

Nice boat.
It seems that despite what most of my assumptions were, there is to be a sequel to Bullet Girls coming out.

Having not played the original yet, only watching some videos of it, I can not really give a review. I can however show some pictures, and a link to some gameplay.

Link to Gameplay: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWx-iaYKDBU

Official Site : http://www.d3p.co.jp/bulletgirls2/

Release Date is scheduled for 21 April of 2016.
PSVita and PSTV are the only release platforms mentioned.
Retail will be 6800円+tax and digital will be 6480円, tax included.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I actually liked Trillion but it isn't worth full price. It looks and feels like a $15 indie title and if it was released as that it probably would get a more solid reception because it's basically one idea ("one really good boss fight because we have no budget") that they built an entire game around. Once it is down to $15/$20 I'd recommend giving it a shot if you have a tolerance for Disgaea humor.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Mithaldu posted:

What don't you like about it?

It looks nothing like her. Plus, the game is still unbelievable clunky, shallow and unresponsive. At least Takaki is having fun with it I guess

https://twitter.com/kenichiro_taka/status/715565553973202944

See? That in the back is How Dai should've looked, not like a lame Jotaro cosplayer :negative:

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
her uppers design is cool, actually. the in-game model looks kinda weird but the artwork is cool

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

See? That in the back is How Dai should've looked, not like a lame Jotaro cosplayer :negative:

I'm not seeing any real difference in the character design, except the Uppers concept art looks more realistic and cooler.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:

ayukawa posted:

sequel to Bullet Girls
I particularly like the minigun uppercut.

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

I don't really see it. There are four differences i can identify: Her breasts are smaller. She uses something approximating an actual fighting stance, i.e. shoulders forward and together, small profile to the opponent, chin tucked, etc. Her neck is shorter? She's smaller? (Though the last one may be since she's fighting dudes, while she's normally around girls.)

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Mithaldu posted:

I particularly like the minigun uppercut.
I don't really see it. There are four differences i can identify: Her breasts are smaller. She uses something approximating an actual fighting stance, i.e. shoulders forward and together, small profile to the opponent, chin tucked, etc. Her neck is shorter? She's smaller? (Though the last one may be since she's fighting dudes, while she's normally around girls.)

The small profile, the weird proportions, the gloves and red belt, her hair is pretty unremarkable despite being one of her most characteristic features.

Is also baffling that in a game were everything is unrealistic ripped, she's just toned, instead of ripped.

sayonara chainsaw
Sep 27, 2013
Hatsune Miku: Project Diva X Coming West to PS4, PS Vita

Didn't expect a localization announcement that fast.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

sporadicsarcasm posted:

Eh, my preorder shipped yesterday so we were due. Last time the localization was announced on release day in Japan and Asia.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/4cqs69/sony_just_discontinued_all_vita_products/

RIP

It is april fool's soon, but they also aren't some new account.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I guess we truly were the greatest joke...

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Dehry posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/4cqs69/sony_just_discontinued_all_vita_products/

RIP

Well yeah, it's because they're gonna announce the Vitwo at E3

It can handle at least twice as much anime + launches with Persona 5

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

sporadicsarcasm posted:

Is Miku really taking off that well in the west that they'd announce localization this quick? I'm honestly pretty surprised.

Dehry posted:

RIP

I'm sorta skeptical on this until I see something that's basically not on Reddit, but I also can't necessarily say I'd be surprised.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Help Im Alive posted:

Well yeah, it's because they're gonna announce the Vitwo at E3

It can handle at least twice as much anime + launches with Persona 5
Actually it's the Vita 4K, you plug it in to your PS4 and you can use the extra power to play 4K blurays

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Recommended by 10 out of 10 Aragami

ayukawa posted:

It seems that despite what most of my assumptions were, there is to be a sequel to Bullet Girls coming out.
Speaking of Bullet Girls. D3 Publisher did an April's Fools called Bullet Boys. (:nws: I guess?)

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
Sony already discontinued the Vita, it makes no difference if they've made an announcement or not, it's actions that count not words.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

SpacePig posted:

Is Miku really taking off that well in the west that they'd announce localization this quick? I'm honestly pretty surprised.

She did make it on Letterman.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

El Hefe posted:

Sony already discontinued the Vita, it makes no difference if they've made an announcement or not, it's actions that count not words.

They actually announced discontinuation of first party support in NA a long time ago. Maybe it's just those news reaching that guy just now.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Dehry posted:

RIP

It's April 1st in some parts of the world already

thorsilver
Feb 20, 2005

You have never
been at my show
You haven't seen before
how looks the trumpet

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Hang on, when did she *not* look like a Jotaro Cosplayer?

Why're you getting upset over this anyway, you've hated Uppers the whole time and seem to hate anything to do with Senran Kagura anymore too

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

In Training posted:

It's April 1st in some parts of the world already

Looking at his post history he seems to have a lot of inside info about Walmart stock and warehouses. It could be the real deal.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

what's bullet girls

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Saint Freak posted:

She did make it on Letterman.

i felt like it was an awkward flop appearance when i watched it, but i could always be wrong and i didn't read about how it was received by other folks

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Davincie posted:

what's bullet girls

Imagine Senran Kagura, but a third person shooter.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Dehry posted:

Looking at his post history he seems to have a lot of inside info about Walmart stock and warehouses. It could be the real deal.

Sure, I'm just saying, grain of salt and all that. It's not like there have been any big name vita announcements in...well since launch really, so I'd believe it if Sony was just officially out

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
Jokes on him, the closest Walmart with vita stuff near me is at least 30 minutes away anyway.

ayukawa
Feb 7, 2016

Nice boat.

Davincie posted:

what's bullet girls

One of the worlds most awesome ideas.

Not sure how well executed it is, but still, Girls with Guns genre.
Girls with Guns...

Here is a link to the first one: https://store.playstation.com/#!/ja...GMpscomheader01

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

thorsilver posted:

Hang on, when did she *not* look like a Jotaro Cosplayer?

Why're you getting upset over this anyway, you've hated Uppers the whole time and seem to hate anything to do with Senran Kagura anymore too

She has a pretty distinctive look in the series (and her EV's main art is pretty rad)

I just hate anything from the Versus games, the 3DS ones are great :colbert:

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Reddit mods appear to have deleted that Vita page.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
It's weird that in this age of anime we don't get Bullet Girls or Dream Club. But we did get the latest EDFs and Onechanbara though so I'm ok.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Here's 2 game codes for the NA PSN store:

Sly Cooper Thieves in Time: 7T3D-E2NQ-GT2R
Lego Movie Game: CPNR-J6NM-NCT4

The codes expire today, so redeem them ASAP (if you'll actually play the game, don't just hoard it if someone else wants it). The game doesn't expire once you redeem the code, so you're all good as long as you claim it. If you want to shoot me a couple bux I'd appreciate it, but that's not needed - I just want to make sure that someone who actually wants to play the game gets to rather than just letting the codes expire

Sentient Data fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Apr 1, 2016

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Dehry posted:

Reddit mods appear to have deleted that Vita page.

Maybe he deleted it himself over how hard he was getting downvoted?

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Considering how defensive some Vita fans can get, one of them might have come home from school and immediately deleted it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Well, it was deleted in both /r/gaming and /r/vita and they don't share moderators. So either he deleted it himself, or the mods of /vita contacted the /gaming ones.