Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Yeah it's probably useless to leak anything on April 1st of all days.

Speaking of which, today is the day Sony reorganizes:

https://www.scei.co.jp/en/corporate/release/2016/160126a.html

It could have legitimately been the existing SKUs being discontinued with the change in company...and the Vita products not being re-listed

https://twitter.com/yosp/status/715567544434692096

Dehry fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Mar 31, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Here's another code for the Lego Movie game on vita:

4TE2-L5N4-BCQR

Sentient Data posted:

The codes expire today, so redeem them ASAP (if you'll actually play the game, don't just hoard it if someone else wants it). The game doesn't expire once you redeem the code, so you're all good as long as you claim it. If you want to shoot me a couple bux I'd appreciate it, but that's not needed - I just want to make sure that someone who actually wants to play the game gets to rather than just letting the codes expire

Same feelings here.

Light Gun Man fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Apr 1, 2016

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Light Gun Man posted:

Here's another code for the Lego Movie game on vita:

4TE2-L5N4-BCQR

Same feelings here.

Snagged this, thanks!

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Since I wasn't paying attention and the codes ended up at the bottom of a page mid-discussion, here they are again just to make sure they aren't easy to miss

Sly Cooper Thieves in Time: 7T3D-E2NQ-GT2R
Lego Movie Game: CPNR-J6NM-NCT4

vvv: Glad it got used at least

Sentient Data fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Apr 1, 2016

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Your Lego Movie Game code got snagged already, just fyi.

ayukawa
Feb 7, 2016

Nice boat.
Something I just encountered as I was looking around.
The thread is originally dated earlier in the year, so the 1st of April thing is probably not involved.
Unless they were playing long game con.

Upcoming Vita Games (200+ Upcoming games in ENGLISH) || 2016 Edition ||
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1164968&page=1

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Dehry posted:

Yeah it's probably useless to leak anything on April 1st of all days.

Speaking of which, today is the day Sony reorganizes:

https://www.scei.co.jp/en/corporate/release/2016/160126a.html

It could have legitimately been the existing SKUs being discontinued with the change in company...and the Vita products not being re-listed

https://twitter.com/yosp/status/715567544434692096

April fools the vita was already dead

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

Sentient Data posted:

Since I wasn't paying attention and the codes ended up at the bottom of a page mid-discussion, here they are again just to make sure they aren't easy to miss

Sly Cooper Thieves in Time: 7T3D-E2NQ-GT2R
Lego Movie Game: CPNR-J6NM-NCT4

vvv: Glad it got used at least

Your Sly Cooper code was also used.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Megalixir posted:

Did you buy DOAX3?

Why would I

E: P4 is a very good game that has some elements I dislike :shrug:

Soul Sacrifice remains the best action game on the Playstation Vita Entertainment System

Improbable Lobster fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Apr 1, 2016

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
Killzone queues still hoppin and boppin

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

Haven't noticed it mentioned here, but Axiom Verge is coming to Vita April 19: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/03/31/axiom-verge-comes-to-ps-vita-april-19-2/

Played through it on PS4, just loved it. Total love letter to the original NES Metroid game, with better controls.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:
The "Vita Discontinued" guy answered me with some more details: https://www.reddit.com/r/vita/comments/4cqxrm/sony_just_discontinued_all_vita_products_gaming/d1l7oro

Short version, he deleted them because he got too much flak, and said primarily first party hardware will become rare in NA, which may be much less of an issue than it sounds like, due to the memory cards already being imported by everyone, and there not being any accessories that aren't third-party or also made by third parties.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Miku Project Diva X was announced for America or something, not really a surprise

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i hope uppers is acceptable now

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Do they grab the muscled chests of random passerby dudes to power up their fighting moves?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Davincie posted:

Yes

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Saoshyant posted:

Do they grab the muscled chests of random passerby dudes to power up their fighting moves?

They better.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Saoshyant posted:

In the gameplay video of dai posted on the last page or so, she flirted with the girls.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Davincie posted:

I'm annoyed Uppers isn't actually about cool lady fighters groping cute dudes, now.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

They should just do the akiba thing and let the player grope everyone and everything. Maybe even include a few streetside cuddle pillows.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

Saoshyant posted:

I'd buy that.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
yosuke called a girl but she turned to be FAT!!! what a CONUNDRUM!!!

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Davincie posted:

That Dai is way, way better than the actual design in the game at least.

ArmadilloConspiracy
Jan 15, 2010
Is the battle system in Trails of Cold Steel explained well or easy to figure out in-game? Because the descriptions of it that I've found seem to be written in the form of esoteric word salad.

Edit: I have not played a Legend of Heroes game before, and pretty much want to know how lost I'd be going in.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It a pretty simple system and explained properly in game, yes.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
Yeah, it's fairly intuitive if you've played a grid-based RPG before. They took away the grid itself, but it follows the same general principle.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I noticed Shadow Tower is on PSN. Is it still remotely playable or is it too dated to even bother?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

NESguerilla posted:

I noticed Shadow Tower is on PSN. Is it still remotely playable or is it too dated to even bother?

Its good if you rebind the controls to be souls like

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

The fact that Mega Man Legends 2 is actually coming to psn means there is a god

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Recommended by 10 out of 10 Aragami

Now I feel bad because I had to lower the difficulty in Tokyo Xanadu, the boss in chapter 5 was awful.

Edit: yay, platforming. :saddowns:

Not pictured, two electric rods that rotate on the opposite direction than the platforms plus my frustration after six minutes trying to jump these things three times (one for a treasure chest, another for a switch that opens the path forward, and a final one just to reach said path) just to fall down in poisonous water that slows you down and makes you heavy.

I prefer the lava lakes with sinking platforms from the past dungeon.

OgretailFood fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Apr 2, 2016

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Help Im Alive posted:

Charles Martinet should do some anime

Busty ninja bursts in and falls on Martinet/generic anime boy.
Martinet: "mamma mia"

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
How's that new aegis game play? Is it basically tower defense?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Anyone played Superbeat XSONiC a lot? I'm just wondering if the touch controls are viable for harder songs/difficulties because they're a lot easier than making my brain remember what button does what but I don't want to get used to them if they're a crutch.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Sakurazuka posted:

Anyone played Superbeat XSONiC a lot? I'm just wondering if the touch controls are viable for harder songs/difficulties because they're a lot easier than making my brain remember what button does what but I don't want to get used to them if they're a crutch.

Haven't played it a lot, but the game feels designed for touch controls even if it does give you buttons as an option.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

limaCAT posted:

Busty ninja bursts in and falls on Martinet/generic anime boy.
Martinet: "mamma mia"

ah man, a+ avatar

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Kingtheninja posted:

How's that new aegis game play? Is it basically tower defense?
Yep. There's multiple maps/cities. You get your building phase, where you put up walls, towers and such. You assign crew who provide various types of passive abilities. And then you select a mission to start off.
The gameplay's pretty interesting. Your towers are placed within several concentric circles and fire off automatically, but they all have various ranges (some are straight, some are more conical, some are far and some are close...). The way you defend is by rotating the circles the towers are placed in to orient them towards enemies. So you can place some walls on the outermost circle and rotate that to face enemy attacks, while rotating inner circles towards the enemies as they get closer.
There's also a superweapon gauge that slowly charges up as you play. I don't know if there's more but right now the one I'm using switches you to an FPS mode with a really strong gun.
There's a lot of micromanaging between missions of various upgrade resources, energy, residents, happiness, etc...

This video does a good job of demonstrating everything. I love tower defense so I thought it was well worth $30 but some might want to wait for a sale. I don't know how long/how much content the game has to offer either.

Arctic Cress
Oct 23, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

I'm not even sure the harder songs and difficulties are possible with touch controls, as there's just way too much going on once you get to that point.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Remembering happier times:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZmssoHWiRA

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Arctic Cress posted:

I'm not even sure the harder songs and difficulties are possible with touch controls, as there's just way too much going on once you get to that point.

Never underestimate the human ability to do ridiculous things

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ofvx_vJiT4Q

I know it's neither touch controls or vita, just saying it's probably not impossible. My initial impression is that the game's designed for touch controls since using the stick is a bit non-intuitive for some songs, but I could be wrong and buttons are the way to go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'm already struggling with touch precision issues on normal so yeah I think buttons are the way to go. The flick a direction ones are the worst.