Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Sindai posted:

According to the forum the post-ascension game is pretty broken at the moment. Most pre-ascension bonuses are reduced to their tenth root but a few aren't, so those absolutely dominate everything else.
Yeah, gem- and ruby-based bonuses aren't and everything else is, apparently? There's a reason I'm gonna stop and go for the billion spells, even though there's no real reason to do it. It uses the same build as the assistants/FCs trophies that I was going to bother to get anyway, so I might as well, I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

DACK FAYDEN posted:

It uses the same build as the assistants/FCs trophies that I was going to bother to get anyway, so I might as well, I guess.

Any chance you can share that one with the class? :)

Edly
Jun 1, 2007
Did my first run with research dwarves to see if I could get the horn artifact. Exported save, did max excavations, got horn!, imported save to see how few excavations I could get away with. Except, this time I couldn't afford more than 3250 excavations, what? The loving event ended in the 60 seconds it took me to import and re-excavate :cripes:

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

I suspect your carpentry is underleveled. A recommendation on the wiki that works fairly nicely is to spend at least half of your all-time earned helium on it. Also do the metal challenge because artisanistry will help you buy the equipment prestiges that let you progress further too.

e: If you don't have carpentry you need to finish the size challenge.

I have done size. Didn't realise that perk was so important. I do have 5 points in it though, and 6 in relentless.

I haven't seen an obvious way of doing the metal challenge yet so i haven't done it. I assume it can be done early on since you unlock it at level 20. Trimps is just a side project for me so its not a big deal, though it would be nice to get it done. I only use AutoTrimps and check in on the game every evening. I find it fascinating that the game can play itself (not unlike ProgressQuest i suppose)

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Yeah, gem- and ruby-based bonuses aren't and everything else is, apparently? There's a reason I'm gonna stop and go for the billion spells, even though there's no real reason to do it. It uses the same build as the assistants/FCs trophies that I was going to bother to get anyway, so I might as well, I guess.
It's worth pointing out that there was a good reason they rushed to add ascension despite not having any content ready for it: it prevents all sorts of wacky things from happening when people hit the limit of a floating point double and it ticks over to infinity.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Sindai posted:

It's worth pointing out that there was a good reason they rushed to add ascension despite not having any content ready for it: it prevents all sorts of wacky things from happening when people hit the limit of a floating point double and it ticks over to infinity.

I mean generally speaking if you don't test for it something will crash when you do operations with it. Likes to turn into NaN too which is bad news

Quinn2win
Nov 9, 2011

Foolish child of man...
After reading all this,
do you still not understand?
Someone a cople pages back mentioned how agonizing it was to get from R15 to R16 via Lightning Forge, describing it as 'only doubling' the amount of gems on each blacksmith hit. I just got three blacksmith hits in a row, and went from like 63 DVg gems to 66 DVg gems.

I think I have all the major hidden trophies, so I feel like I must be missing something. It's going to take weeks to make that last x100 jump in gems at this rate.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

ProfessorProf posted:

Someone a cople pages back mentioned how agonizing it was to get from R15 to R16 via Lightning Forge, describing it as 'only doubling' the amount of gems on each blacksmith hit. I just got three blacksmith hits in a row, and went from like 63 DVg gems to 66 DVg gems.

I think I have all the major hidden trophies, so I feel like I must be missing something. It's going to take weeks to make that last x100 jump in gems at this rate.

Either you're missing too many key upgrades from trophies, the know your enemy artifact, or something weird is wrong. You can always use IGOT to get over the hump but it will take a couple days

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
That was probably me and at that point I had all the income-increasing unique eggs but no omelette so I was getting ~8x income from the event, but it does still sound like your returns are lower than they should be.

I also got lucky and found the Voodoo Doll artifact on R14 or so I think, which becomes buyable around that amount of gems and is another 50% or so income.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Mar 31, 2016

Quinn2win
Nov 9, 2011

Foolish child of man...
After reading all this,

Eldercain posted:

Either you're missing too many key upgrades from trophies, the know your enemy artifact, or something weird is wrong. You can always use IGOT to get over the hump but it will take a couple days

I have know your enemy. The only holes in my secret trophy pile are Diabolical Evil, Minedwarf, everything between Unlimited Mana and That Excavated Quickly, and the last three slots.

Mercenary build: Starmetal, Colossal Forge, Strong Currency, Druidic Vocab, Fairy Workers, Cyclopean Strength, Gold Synthesis, Earthly Bond, Swarm of Fairies, Earthly Soul, Battlehammers, Titan Obelisk. Fairy bloodline, Fairy Chanting + Lightning Strike.

What's IGOT?

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
There's your problem. Increasing your mana regen (less than 100% more income) is not even remotely comparable to the bonus from Building Jungle (well over 4,000% for blacksmiths.)

Sindai fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Mar 31, 2016

Penile Dementia
Feb 13, 2006

I Left My Heart in Stamford Bridge
That Realm Grinder Easter event was insane. I managed to snag 11 Reincarnations and all the stupid annoying excavations along with them. Even my non-optimal Dwaries were pulling in ludicrous numbers.

keldon
May 14, 2009

ProfessorProf posted:

I have know your enemy. The only holes in my secret trophy pile are Diabolical Evil, Minedwarf, everything between Unlimited Mana and That Excavated Quickly, and the last three slots.

Things I often forget on merc runs: buy royal exchanges, and click the treasure once to unlock the upgrades.

Quinn2win
Nov 9, 2011

Foolish child of man...
After reading all this,

Sindai posted:

There's your problem. Increasing your mana regen (less than 100% more income) is not even remotely comparable to the bonus from Building Jungle (well over 4,000% for blacksmiths.)

See? I knew I was missing something.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Am I correct that once you get Vanilla Flavor Juice you should ignore neutral and prestige factions and charge all the way into mercenaries just using demons or fairies?

Sindai fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Apr 1, 2016

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

keldon posted:

Things I often forget on merc runs: buy royal exchanges, and click the treasure once to unlock the upgrades.

UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH they just made grinding dedication reqs stick after abdication and I swear to god I have wasted so much time without the click buff.

Sindai posted:

Am I correct that once you get Vanilla Flavor Juice you should ignore neutral and prestige factions and charge all the way into mercenaries just using demons or fairies?

If you're at research already, 100% yes. If you're not then it might still be better to do a couple titan runs before you get to whatever your personal cutoff for starting mercs is.

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

I agree with Dante, that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality.

Sindai posted:

Dwarves are probably still worth taking once you're past whatever the gold requirement is to buy all of their upgrades. You can absolutely skip neutral factions now though.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut
I don't think anyone has mentioned this one, but it's hard to tell amidst the RG flood.

Slurpy Derpy - https://scarybee.itch.io/slurpy-derpy?secret=AFUU9vxWIJ02rl9jFBK8ZinzfyY - Not a referral link, but I'm not really sure what that wacky text at the end means.

No cash grab, interesting idle vs. active mechanics. Slowing down now, but appears to be in active development ["alpha" right now, whatever that means]. Prestige appears to be coming "soon."

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

CubicalSucrose posted:

I don't think anyone has mentioned this one, but it's hard to tell amidst the RG flood.

Slurpy Derpy - https://scarybee.itch.io/slurpy-derpy?secret=AFUU9vxWIJ02rl9jFBK8ZinzfyY - Not a referral link, but I'm not really sure what that wacky text at the end means.

No cash grab, interesting idle vs. active mechanics. Slowing down now, but appears to be in active development ["alpha" right now, whatever that means]. Prestige appears to be coming "soon."

Feels like a worse version of Critter Mound, which got old fast.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

dis astranagant posted:

Feels like a worse version of Critter Mound, which got old fast.

It does some interesting things and has some improvements like Research to increase abilities, but it's overall worse because the dev wants to balance max Derp population with how many are needed so there's not really a backlog sitting around in waiting. There's also a growth system that makes them stronger as time goes on, but the only change is base stats and not growth rate. The offline mode is an interesting change since it takes your offline time and allows you to utilize it in fast forward. It's a bit unwieldy and also lags the game a little.

Critter Mound is the better game overall due to its simplicity.

Edit: Pseudobyte said this in Kong chat:

Xelkelvos fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Apr 1, 2016

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Kyrosiris posted:

Any chance you can share that one with the class? :)

Assuming it's the same one I snagged off the RG forums, it's this:

IMPORTANT PREAMBLE: Avoid so much as affiliating with drow at first. You want to get A400 to give you the goblin bloodline temporarily, not the drow bloodline.

Faction: Goblin -> Droblin
Bloodline: Druid
Gems: Enough to get to 5200 Goblin Banks without affiliating with drow but with other upgrades. I had no trouble at e138 gems.

S: 30, 50, 105, 400, 500
C: 105, 120, 150, 330, 400
D: 135, 200, 250, 290, 560
E: 30, 135, 145, 225, 250, 590
A: 105, 120, 270, 305, 400
W: 25, 135, 150, 205, 250, 400, 520

Instructions: avoid affiliating with drow. Buy all the researches you can otherwise. Spell combo it up, buy all the buildings you can. Repeat as necessary until you hit 5200 Goblin Banks. (Other buildings help slightly too, but it's mostly the Goblin Banks to get S50 to give 8 tax collections.)

Once you hit the magic number, go ahead and affiliate with drow, and buy the remaining researches. After that, we give zero shits about production, so set up spell combo (all gold/bronze) of 1. Blood Frenzy 2. Combo Strike 3. Tax Collection.

Beyond that, just periodically check in to buymax on exchanges for slightly more mana regen, and leave it running. The vast majority of the mana regen will come from W205/W520 interaction.

You'll hit 100T faction coins and 2000 assistants within 2 days, and the second to last spells cast trophy (5e7) before the third day. You'll still be waiting a good long time for the last (1e9) trophy though.

Vil fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Apr 1, 2016

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Ineptitude posted:

I have done size. Didn't realise that perk was so important. I do have 5 points in it though, and 6 in relentless.

It's really big because it's compounding, not additive. This means that level 20 of it increases your housing by 1.1 ^ 20/~573%, not (10 * 20)/200%, and it just keeps blowing up from there. The extra Trimps make for both buying more Coordinations and effectively way higher resource gathering than Motivation by itself.

quote:

I haven't seen an obvious way of doing the metal challenge yet so i haven't done it. I assume it can be done early on since you unlock it at level 20. Trimps is just a side project for me so its not a big deal, though it would be nice to get it done. I only use AutoTrimps and check in on the game every evening. I find it fascinating that the game can play itself (not unlike ProgressQuest i suppose)

Metal challenge is actually super easy because you can still loot metal and mine for it if necessary. Turn on shieldblock purchasing if you haven't - it doesn't actually hurt your progress significantly until you're twice as far as you've talked about getting.

e: If DG were smart they'd make a prospector upgrade that did what Lara Crypt did in-game, maybe even shop-only, but they sound like they'd rather not have anyone peeking under the hood of their baby at all which is kind of dickish of them over the time sink that is excavating and hoping for the best.

Ignatius M. Meen fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Apr 1, 2016

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
e:^^ remember when as soon as the ps4 got locked down the linux nerds immediately tore open the security just so they could install linux on it again? It's not a fight worth fighting especially when you have a really obviously formatted "here is all the data for your entire game slightly encrypted" dispenser.

I honestly don't understand the axe DG has to grind with the whole RAB project. Decoding a save export is just something you're gonna have to deal with, but unless someone posts a literal variable spreadsheet switchboard for customizing your savefile then it's more grey.

Something like weather service is PERFECT for an idle game. No BS for the next 30 casts? Great, gonna just do other things for a few minutes. Miracle relevant sometime in a half hour? Good to know so I can maybe get a few more tax collections instead. Neither thing is gamebreaking and actually encourages active decisions instead of slapping on autocast and just afking for 8 hours. Really hard to justify the poo poo they've gotten about this one.

Eggs and artifacts? I can see that the artifact thing seems kind of shaky at first glance until you realize you can replicate the effects by export -> excavate -> import. The egg helper existed for the sole purpose of letting people know if they needed to spend commons/rares to get all the uniques or if they could not worry about it. The fact that some people straight up wouldn't have gotten all the uniques without them is something that's good to know before the event is over since you have to wait a year to get another shot at it.

The only real reason to be super DUPER mad about it is if you expect people not to want to have this reasonable information and to instead throw money at it until it literally doesn't matter what you're doing anymore. Given the trend towards more and more involvement from rubies and larger compounding benefits of having lots, I'm gonna guess that's probably the case here.

Either charge for your game or don't, and either have cosmetic purchases in game or none at all. Otherwise the money slowly turns the whole thing into a heap of poo poo, just like in real life.

Feline Mind Meld fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Apr 1, 2016

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Am I ever going to stop needing to lightning forge up to 1 Tvg before starting research? The guide said 1 Dvg would be good enough after R16 but that doesn't seem to work. I tried switching to fairy research at 30 Dvg and ran out of VFJ time before I could afford the 120 researches.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Apr 1, 2016

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Sindai posted:

Am I ever going to stop needing to lightning forge up to 1 Tvg before starting research? The guide said 1 Dvg would be good enough after R16 but that doesn't seem to work. I tried switching to fairy research at 30 Dvg and ran out of VFJ time before I could afford the 120 researches.

Once you finish the Elf Challenge at R18, you can do a variation on that build that uses Moon Blessing instead of Lightning Strike as its gains become better, on average.

JavaJesus
Jul 4, 2007

I don't remember which reincarnation I first noticed it on, but as you reincarnate more the general production boosts will start being enough to let you start research earlier and earlier. Really, the big research wall you need to get through to have research be useful is the 105 researches, which cost 1.544 Spqag coins. If you can reasonably get that much to buy even one 105 research upgrade, that'll be enough to get you the rest of the 105s and beyond.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Vil posted:

Assuming it's the same one I snagged off the RG forums, it's this:

IMPORTANT PREAMBLE: Avoid so much as affiliating with drow at first. You want to get A400 to give you the goblin bloodline temporarily, not the drow bloodline.
Yeah, that's the one I just started. Probably won't bother to go for a billion spells and will just switch to another long run to ascend instead, but I don't know, maybe I'll bother. 50m will get hit well before I hit 2000 assistants.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

It's really big because it's compounding, not additive. This means that level 20 of it increases your housing by 1.1 ^ 20/~573%, not (10 * 20)/200%, and it just keeps blowing up from there. The extra Trimps make for both buying more Coordinations and effectively way higher resource gathering than Motivation by itself.

Yeah, what i meant is that i didnt realize how important all those extra trimps were :)

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

Metal challenge is actually super easy because you can still loot metal and mine for it if necessary. Turn on shieldblock purchasing if you haven't - it doesn't actually hurt your progress significantly until you're twice as far as you've talked about getting.

I tried doing the metal challenge but after letting the game run overnight i was still only in zone 2 so obviously i am missing something.
Self-gathering is pitiful at just 1 resource/sec until you get a few upgrades (which don't appear until several maps in afaik?)
Is the problem basically that AutoTrimps doesn't know how to handle the metal challenge?

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
New Realm Grinder Holiday event upgrade!

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

New Realm Grinder Holiday event upgrade!

Holy crap the first upgrade gives +10000% production!

The tooltip said 1/5 series upgrade. I haven't gotten the other 4 yet.

Doesn't look like there is any ruby related things to this event either.

Elswyyr
Mar 4, 2009
Wow, Realm Grinder dev guy started deleting my posts and threads when I posted about Pseudobyte getting banned. Guess I'm out too.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

quote:

Hello everyone!

As you know, in the next part of the Underworld expansion we will introduce a new faction, which like all prestiges, will stack its power upon the existing Neutral factions. We are finally ready to announce what it will be: TROLLS!

Trolls will feature a pink background and will have no assistant icon, while their unique building will be the Troll’s Den, replacing Orcish Arena. Most of their upgrades will be random-based, using random formulas for production boosts and picking random targets based on total clicks made. The development for the new faction is 75% complete and will be uploaded live in the next several days.

In the meantime, we added a new secret upgrade boosting your production significantly, to allow easier progress in all stages of the game. Its bonus will also not be reduced by Ascending, so make sure you look for it in your upgrades list!
Cheers!

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

Elswyyr posted:

Wow, Realm Grinder dev guy started deleting my posts and threads when I posted about Pseudobyte getting banned. Guess I'm out too.

Lol what's going on here?

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
Does anyone have an offline version of the artifact calculator saved because it looks like it got taken down.

Elswyyr
Mar 4, 2009

Merijn posted:

Lol what's going on here?

Dev got angry at a guy who made save analyzing tools and banned him. I posted asking why he was banned and my thread was deleted, and so were my posts about the subject in other threads.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
Okay, the secret upgrade is making me laugh so far.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
Oh, he banned the guy who made the cool save game stuff? That sucks =/

Edit: What do you guys recommend from e97 to e99 on R24? I can't seem to find a neutral that works at that stage and the regular factions slow down hard around then.

Dragongem fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Apr 1, 2016

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Does the upgrade actually do anything?

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Aurora posted:

Does the upgrade actually do anything?

There's a hotfix.

And a hotfix for the hotfix.

And probably more. It's April Fool's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Well, I know, your post just made me wonder if there was more than just the one upgrade or something more to the upgrade. :v:

Now I've got some more upgrades.

• Locked thread