Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
I would like nothing more than for FFXV to be FFX-2 with bro roadtrip Americana

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

Vitamin P posted:

Are there other characters than those four yaois or is this a no girls allowed game?

No vaginas tainting this homoerotic bro-trip. :dong:
---

In all seriousness there's Luna, Cidney and that Dragoon woman they fight.
They also appear to give this woman a ride in the trailer.

Women confirmed for FFXV.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Pesky Splinter posted:

---

gay

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
Please give us Crazy Taxi sidequests.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Pesky Splinter posted:

---

Is it just me or does that look like Yuffie.

Yuffie would be a cool improvement to this game.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yuffie is an improvement to every game

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

Pesky Splinter fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Apr 1, 2016

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
It was honestly really cool to wake up to 900 new posts and expect it to be lamenting how terrible the game will be and instead reading about Aaron Paul and sweet Audi's and Stand By Me...

Man I really hope I can buy a PS4.5 before FFXV comes out

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It is nice to live in a time where people besides me can be excited for Final Fantasy

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Bust Rodd posted:

It was honestly really cool to wake up to 900 new posts and expect it to be lamenting how terrible the game will be and instead reading about Aaron Paul and sweet Audi's and Stand By Me...

Man I really hope I can buy a PS4.5 before FFXV comes out

i can't wait for the ps4.5........ to reduce the price of the ps4 so i can buy one

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

if the trailer had ended with some jpop ballad i would be approximately 1000% less interested

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

and i LIKE various letters in front of the word pop

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

I'm all for Utada Hikaru singing Stand By Me in Japanese.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Baal posted:

It is nice to live in a time where people besides me can be excited for Final Fantasy

I will always be excited for final fantasy.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Bust Rodd posted:

Don't worry, Final Fantasy fans will always find a way to be miserable

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I am quite pleased

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

I'm crossing my fingers that the airship mode on the car plays like the Dodo from Vice City

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I'm optimistic FF15 will find new and innovative ways to disappoint me.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Wow that demo is uh, terrible.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
The demo felt like way more of a tech demo than Episode Duscae, which is weird considering it uh just came out now. It was pretty. The fight with the iron giant was kind of the only fun thing. Wait actually pushing blocks around in a car was pretty fun, maybe even more fun. The controls are all still kinda jank though.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The demo is really absurdly bad. It's a much worse demo than Episode Duscae and I can't imagine it selling the game to anyone.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The Demo is fuckin real bad. I mean the game is pretty as all poo poo but absolutely nothing in the demo said "this will be fun over the course of a long game" Also, did fighting the iron giant feel weirdly stiff to anyone else? It just never felt smooth.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Barudak posted:

The Demo is fuckin real bad. I mean the game is pretty as all poo poo but absolutely nothing in the demo said "this will be fun over the course of a long game" Also, did fighting the iron giant feel weirdly stiff to anyone else? It just never felt smooth.

It was stiff, yeah. There's something odd about the combat in general. Targeting is oddly difficult and it has the overall look of something like *Souls but then it plays like a jankier Kingdom Hearts and that causes a weird not-good dissonance. I got annoyed with the camera a lot too and in 2016, camera problems are really not good.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

I played Ducasse immediately after the new Demo and I'm not really sure what went wrong there, why are the controls different?

Otherwise it was cool and quick and I'm happy

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I played the demo while really high and thought it was pretty cool how I could change the weather on the fly.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
What was it like playing FFXV while high

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Baal posted:

What was it like playing FFXV while high

s'cool

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Like diving into the sky.

The Machine
Dec 15, 2004
Rage Against / Welcome to
I played the demo real late last night and it was so bad I thought I dreamt it, but I played it again tonight and whelp no, it's just a really stupid demo.

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Don't lose your head over it.
I am not usually sensitive to framerate at all. The demo's actually made me nauseous when combined with the janky way the camera responds to jumping or changes in elevation. I was sick to my stomach by the end and glad to be done with it.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

ImpAtom posted:

The demo is really absurdly bad. It's a much worse demo than Episode Duscae and I can't imagine it selling the game to anyone.

The last fight was fun enough to get me seriously interested in the game (That, and Anime Brotrip set to Stand By Me). Other than that, I was ready for the demo to be over by that point.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

How many lovely Souls clone ARPG Final Fantasy games will I need to endure before turn based combat becomes the cool thing to do again?

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Furnaceface posted:

How many lovely Souls clone ARPG Final Fantasy games will I need to endure before turn based combat becomes the cool thing to do again?

There probably won't be another turnbased mainline game.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

if bravely second does well then that will be their legacy turn based franchise

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Super No Vacancy posted:

if bravely second does well then that will be their legacy turn based franchise

It already didn't do well in japan, so

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

didnt the first one do better in north america than japan because they patched the difficulty and encounter rate and all that poo poo that drives people away from turn based jrpgs

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Heap tons of dollarinos onto SETSUNA to SAVE VIDEO GAMES.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Super No Vacancy posted:

didnt the first one do better in north america than japan because they patched the difficulty and encounter rate and all that poo poo that drives people away from turn based jrpgs

They didn't patch out the loop which is all anybody talks about now so welp

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

yeah i stopped playing it and play theatrhythm instead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I have a sinking feeling that Setsuna is gonna suck.