Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
darthzeta88
May 31, 2013

by Pragmatica

Dadbuck posted:

All our good FCs left, and Mittani has made too many enemies.

I'm predicting we are going to go to Faction Warfare soon, or Lowsec.

I don't see goons going lowsec... And hopefully never factionwarfare... Probably back to syndicate if anything. I hope.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Backno
Dec 1, 2007

Goff Boyz iz da rudest Boyz

SKA SUCKS

Morris posted:

This would put you roughly where I am. Interceptors (Ares, Raptor, Claw) and stealth bombers are probably the two most accessible doctrines. Be aware that you will need Weapon Upgrades 5/Advanced Weapon Upgrades for the Raptor, Claw, and Nemesis fits (I keep meaning to train that but keep pushing it back, most recently for Navigation 5).

Funny enough I now remember that I was working on interceptors when I left.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Dadbuck posted:

I'm predicting we are going to go to Faction Warfare soon, or Lowsec.

lol no

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
please dont respond to that gimmick reddit account ty

Dadbuck
Apr 14, 2008

Hate the game, not the playa

ZekeNY posted:

Watch that defeatist attitude, comrade. :commissar:

just look at the sov map.

http://evemaps.dotlan.net/map/Deklein

http://evemaps.dotlan.net/map/Branch

http://evemaps.dotlan.net/map/Tenal

http://evemaps.dotlan.net/map/Pure_Blind

:frogsiren: Conclusion: much of our space is in jeopardy. :frogsiren:

bad news bareback
Jan 16, 2009

What's the easiest way to save a super or titan that hasn't been subbed in a long time and is definitely not in friendly space? GM moving it appears to not be an option

https://support.eveonline.com/hc/en...c243cdd547c1117

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Madd0g11
Jun 14, 2002
Bitter Vet
Lipstick Apathy
Someone blew the Horn of Goondor?

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Madd0g11 posted:

Someone blew the Horn of Goondor?

SOTG 1700 EVE tomorrow hellwar begins

quote:

(8:18:14 PM) directorbot: SOTG TOMORROW 17:00 - BE READY IN SARANEN PRIOR TO THAT - HERE IS A THREAD: https://goonfleet.com/index.php/topic/204558-state-of-the-goonion-friday-41-1700-eve/

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD
SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE
SUFFER NOT THE UNCLEAN TO LIVE

~~~ This was a broadcast from the_mittani to all at 2016-04-01 00:18:05.744324 EVE ~~~

quote:

(8:37:37 PM) directorbot: SARANEN HELLSTOCK: Make sure Sarnanen is loving jammed with doctrine ships on contract in prep for the SOTG tomorrow, tia - Yachts, Speedboats, Caracals and Swordfleet interceptors in particular, as well as heavy hackships so we can make sure our poo poo is correct~

THE BLACK CRUSADE: Our enemies don't get to name our coalition any more than they get to choose the names of our wars. This grudgefuck will launch our Black Crusade, which is a hell of a lot catchier than a Great War, but if you've got a better idea for a war gimmick let's hear it in elysium@conference.goonfleet.com tia~

~~~ This was a broadcast from the_mittani to all at 2016-04-01 00:37:29.595061 EVE ~~~

Addamere fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Apr 1, 2016

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Happening Status: "It's"

The Mittani posted:

STATE OF THE GOONION
FRIDAY 17:00 EVE
~BE THERE~

At last: we have backstabbers to eviscerate, shitlords smugging about our 'imminent demise', and a whole galaxy of wretches who somehow think that this time will be different and Goonswarm will surely go down in flames. They didn't plan for us to be here after their M-O supercap trap failed; we're supposed to be broken and quitting in shame, rather than fueled once more by the return of our favorite emotions: hate and vengeance. The hard fact is that Eve hasn't had a grudgefuck war in years, and that's because we murderzoned the very people who provoked us so badly they were erased. The Great War ended, time moved on, the galaxy forgot and came to think of GSF as being kinder and gentler than before - now they think it's safe to howl 'there are no goons'.

That worked out so well for them last time.

:siren: Be ready in Saranen with Yachts/Speedboats/Caracals/FYF as early as 16:30, we've got poo poo to do and skulls to collect. :siren:

If you're just now waking up to smell the delights of war, check out Querns' fantastic recap of the events of the past three months

Addamere fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Apr 1, 2016

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Are we Chaos or the Space Marines? I'm very confused.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Are we Chaos or the Space Marines? I'm very confused.

Shoot first, ask questions while shooting.

Dadbuck
Apr 14, 2008

Gropiemon posted:

What's the easiest way to save a super or titan that hasn't been subbed in a long time and is definitely not in friendly space? GM moving it appears to not be an option

I'd 3rd party it with Chribba and turn it into isk, and sell it, even if to an enemy which is basically all of EVE except RUS. Take the isk, and turn it into more isk as the next patch hits.

Super capitals won't be as useful once the next patch hits, but lots of SCs haven't been lost recently.

Another option is just to wait out the war, then decide then.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Yo, that picture looks like Khârn the Betrayer standing atop a toppled (look at me making that work in a sentence) statue of the Imperium. This is all very bad brand management. Let's get on this.

mincedgarlic
Jan 4, 2005

I've been blown up, take me to the hospital.

I wish I hadn't gone to /r/eve to catch up on space politics. :smithicide:

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

Gropiemon posted:

Talk to a capswarm director and absolutely no on else in the entire world about where it is or where it's going.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

And it's obviously post-Heresy, so if we're the Imperium, then Mittens is already dead and entombed in a yellow office chair or something.

Can we please get a marketing guy on this.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Or if we're doing pre-Heresy, does that make Vily Horus and Sebastien Erebus and CO2 the Word Bearers and cocaine is the anathame? This is all getting extremely complicated.

Realtalk, I don't think Vily would be a good Horus.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Wait, Reddit would be the Warp then and the nerds in there the Chaos gods?

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

That's neither cool nor good, that's actually kinda scary, let's not do that.

Night Shade
Jan 13, 2013

Old School

Morris posted:

Short of MAYBE the T1 Hurricane none of the bigger doctrine poo poo is even remotely accessible to a 6m SP newbee. Even the Caracal requires about 3 weeks of training for me due to AWU, T2 launchers, and MLO5 (for the T2 ammo).

And Swordfleet/Siegefleet pings still appear to be a thing so :shrug:

On the Caracals, downgrade to meta launchers and just run faction ammo. You probably won't get the strategic payout, but peacetime is 25M which should leave you maybe 5M short after insurance. Of course you get double payouts in Waffe so you'll make a profit by dying :sun:

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

Duzzy Funlop posted:

And it's obviously post-Heresy, so if we're the Imperium, then Mittens is already dead and entombed in a yellow office chair or something.

Can we please get a marketing guy on this.

It's post heresy and It's Darius Johnson in the golden throne as he was gravely wounded in the great war and entombed inside the golden throne. Mittens represents the Highlords of Terra and they enact Johnsons will across the Imperium.

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

Duzzy Funlop posted:

That's neither cool nor good, that's actually kinda scary, let's not do that.

nerd

ZekeNY
Jun 13, 2013

Probably AFK

Duzzy Funlop posted:

This fits, but if we're Loyalists, there needs to be a way for "skulls for the skull throne" to still be our schtick.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Duzzy Funlop posted:

lesser demons, obviously

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Ugh, see, this is why you don't go on a great crusade/set the universe on fire without a marketing strategy.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

Dadbuck posted:

We are facing 2:1 and 3:1 odds right now, with insta-locking canes, and antisupport in large numbers....

Wait, insta-locking Hurricanes are back in vogue? I was never any good at the "insta-lock" part, but I liked to fly them. Are they still used as Anti-bomber ships, or do they do something else?

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Just follow along if you don't wanna get neutered.
Defy convention; become a bloodthirsty Imperium who worships a golden throne made of skulls.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

Magic Rabbit Hat posted:

Defy convention; become a bloodthirsty Imperium who worships a golden throne made of skulls.

Seems more like too much mixed messengering, confusing the brand and diluting it. The Imperium is covered in skulls already.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Comstar posted:

Seems more like too much mixed messengering, confusing the brand and diluting it. The Imperium is covered in skulls already.

Fine, then, Let's keep it simple.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZvJmpGDZhE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwtVakzAMsQ

Dadbuck
Apr 14, 2008

Zephyrine posted:

It's post heresy and It's Darius Johnson in the golden throne as he was gravely wounded in the great war and entombed inside the golden throne. Mittens represents the Highlords of Terra and they enact Johnsons will across the Imperium.

DJ doesn't even like Mittani, and considering the loss of goon talent recently, I can see why.

The DJ clique never got along with the Mittani clique, and let's face it, Mittani tries to write himself into everything.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Dadbuck posted:

I'm predicting we are going to go to Lowsec.

it's funny because we unironically stage from lowsec in TYOOL 2016

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

I like it being just off enough to upset nerds.

As Captain John-Luke Picard would say, it's time to "Engage-It"

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dadbuck posted:

DJ doesn't even like Mittani, and considering the loss of goon talent recently, I can see why.

The DJ clique never got along with the Mittani clique, and let's face it, Mittani tries to write himself into everything.

This does not disagree with the thing you quoted, tbh

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
hows everyone recognize screamingllama for being a gimmick/too stupid for words, but not this guy

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Dadbuck posted:

I mean we lost an unreliable cocaine addict and a furry

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

darth cookie posted:

Text message I just received from my wife:

As I was reading the post and got to the part where the guy was talking about how "his weekend was going to be filled with internet space ships" my brain first ran to thinking "oh, I bet this guy is a TEST pubbie that can't wait to get slaughtered in VFK."

Nope, dude just wanted to loving mineeeee. :jerry:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine

hows everyone recognize screamingllama for being a gimmick/too stupid for words, but not this guy

I saw that guy in our Jabber the other day, did he really join just to bitch us out or was he one of us all along?

• Locked thread