Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Silver Falcon posted:

What combos of hers work for that? I've always just used the bow on those stages.

I just use her basic combo and it works wonders. The range is really good and it even pulls enemies in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kobogartimer
Mar 17, 2006

Somebody can have this thing: taken

You're welcome.

Kobogartimer fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Mar 31, 2016

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Kobogartimer posted:

Somebody can have this thing:
code:
B0KBYXQ02598XYGC

Thanks!

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Is there a list anywhere of good stages to farm materials from? I know there's lists for the giant boss materials and other character materials, but I'm talking about a list of good places to farm, say, Gibdo or Shield Moblin materials.

e: never mind should've googled before I asked, found a list. If anyone else wants it, http://hyrulewarriorsmaterialsguide.yolasite.com

e2: wait this site is kinda worthless, they suggest the "all attacks are devastating" levels for material farming, but the officers don't drop materials in those! Back to searching I guess.

Twelve by Pies fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Apr 1, 2016

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I actually watched that video this morning and it looks super easy. is it really so easy as just using a screwdriver to push up the nub, and slotting in a psp nub in its place? :psyduck:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

tithin posted:

I actually watched that video this morning and it looks super easy. is it really so easy as just using a screwdriver to push up the nub, and slotting in a psp nub in its place? :psyduck:

If you don't care about ripping the little bit of rubber that is designed to keep the C-stick rubber nub attached to the inside of the 3DS (and keep in mind it will stay in position even without that bit of rubber), yes, it's that simple, although I would use tweezers (or even just your nails) instead of a screwdriver. It took me about 10 seconds, and half of that was lining up the PSP joystick cap to get it to sit right.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

ThisisaCoolGuy - my first attempt didn't go great, so now you have this. Enjoy!

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
I just spent 100,000 to unlock one of the Master Sword skills, but it apparently didn't take? What in the world happened? The money is gone but it's still locked. Huge bummer.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Reveal Skills only shows you what the skill is, you still have to meet the requirements to unlock the skill. And yeah, the game saves as soon as you choose the option, to prevent you from seeing what the skill is and then resetting so you can see it for free.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Ragequit posted:

I just spent 100,000 to unlock one of the Master Sword skills, but it apparently didn't take? What in the world happened? The money is gone but it's still locked. Huge bummer.

Yeah, that skill is "Evils Bane" and in the wiiu version you need to hit up all level 3 weapons for every vanilla character, and then 25k kills on just the master sword before you can start unlocking that skill on other characters.

No idea if that's still the case though

e: evils bane, bumps up a weapons strength i think, 420? 450? I forget

tithin fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Apr 1, 2016

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Twelve by Pies posted:

Is there a list anywhere of good stages to farm materials from? I know there's lists for the giant boss materials and other character materials, but I'm talking about a list of good places to farm, say, Gibdo or Shield Moblin materials.

e: never mind should've googled before I asked, found a list. If anyone else wants it, http://hyrulewarriorsmaterialsguide.yolasite.com

e2: wait this site is kinda worthless, they suggest the "all attacks are devastating" levels for material farming, but the officers don't drop materials in those! Back to searching I guess.

My post history in this thread contains some compiled lists of good places to farm materials, but I was focused more on character enemies and giant bosses. It should still have some ideas for places to look for lesser captains, though.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

The one I have trouble with is ReDeads. Most levels use Gibdos, which leaves Zelda struggling for materials..

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Fritzler posted:

ThisisaCoolGuy - my first attempt didn't go great, so now you have this. Enjoy!

This is actually perfect.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Twelve by Pies posted:

Reveal Skills only shows you what the skill is, you still have to meet the requirements to unlock the skill. And yeah, the game saves as soon as you choose the option, to prevent you from seeing what the skill is and then resetting so you can see it for free.

drat you Hyrule Legends, I have the Internet, I can see them all for free. That's super dumb. I thought it would bypass the requirement for a price, hence the high cost.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Anyone know where Rutos heart container is in Linkle Mission 2 in the water temple?

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

is there any reason to a-rank adventure maps if you don't need to unlock the paths and there are no a-rank rewards?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

inferis posted:

is there any reason to a-rank adventure maps if you don't need to unlock the paths and there are no a-rank rewards?

no

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Does the cucco's fury mode have any rewards? I keep getting a ranks and unlocking stuff but leveling the cucco enough to be able to complete the later maps is kind of annoying and I don't wanna bother if there isn't a reward for it other than bragging rights

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Hm, some of the second Skulltulas on the Adventure mode map have some interesting new missions. One where you have to use Twili Midna requires you to beat 150 enemies using special attacks (and complete the first mission without taking more than 4 hearts worth of damage).

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!

Isn't there a medal/achievement thingy for it? (If you're obsessive)

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Are there really no Skulltulas or fairy clothes on the Wind Waker map? That's kinda disappointing.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Dunban posted:

Are there really no Skulltulas or fairy clothes on the Wind Waker map? That's kinda disappointing.

There are definitely Skulltulas and fairy clothes. Have you unlocked the zones you're trying to look for stuff in? Zones of a different color aren't going to show anything except weapons/costumes.

many johnnys
May 17, 2015

tithin posted:

Yeah, that skill is "Evils Bane" and in the wiiu version you need to hit up all level 3 weapons for every vanilla character, and then 25k kills on just the master sword before you can start unlocking that skill on other characters.

From what I understand, Evil's Bane makes the Master Sword have 500 attack power, the highest in the game. It doesn't have any other skills though, and Lv.3 weapons can have up to 450 attack (with five stars) as well as up to 8 skill slots, so the Magical Sword is still arguably better.

Once you unlock Evil's Bane, other weapons can then get "Legendary", which is sort of the same thing. Legendary basically makes the weapon it belongs to as strong as a Lv.3 weapon. It's poo poo because you still need five stars to hit 450 power, and since lower-level weapons have less slots you might as well just roll with five-star Lv.3 gear anyway (in which case, Legendary does nothing).

edit: ie: a no-star knight sword with Legendary will only have 300 attack power. Same as a no-star magic sword. Legendary is worthless.

many johnnys fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Apr 1, 2016

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Bruceski posted:

There are definitely Skulltulas and fairy clothes. Have you unlocked the zones you're trying to look for stuff in? Zones of a different color aren't going to show anything except weapons/costumes.

Oh, right. I only cleared two squares so far, so that would explain it.

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

Jeez, Festival of Cuccos is so easy with the trident. Really, the trident is so good in general.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Wait you can't have more than three companion fairies? That's dumb. You should be able to keep one of each element.

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

The amount you can have increases when you beat the regular adventure map. Possibly when you beat the others as well.

And yeah, the trident is my new favorite weapon.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

How do you level up fairies?

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
Give them food.

Andy Waltfeld
Dec 18, 2009
How do you *get* fairies? I haven't even gotten the one on Adventure Mode I7 yet despite exhausting every nook and cranny of the map. The most recent run I tried just stockpiling the barrier fairy and finishing the mission without burning her, but that's evidently a no-go.

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!

Andy Waltfeld posted:

How do you *get* fairies? I haven't even gotten the one on Adventure Mode I7 yet despite exhausting every nook and cranny of the map. The most recent run I tried just stockpiling the barrier fairy and finishing the mission without burning her, but that's evidently a no-go.

Obviously you didn't break the brown pots

Andy Waltfeld
Dec 18, 2009

Deceptive Thinker posted:

Obviously you didn't break the brown pots

Goes to show how long I've been out of the Zelda metagame at large.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

LostRook posted:

Give them food.

Speaking of, is there a list anywhere of which food boosts which element etc? I can try and compile one if not.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

MarquiseMindfang posted:

Speaking of, is there a list anywhere of which food boosts which element etc? I can try and compile one if not.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mFrG6WFJoxqxEmfxtf6wPaTHXOaJKyhk9rp55__laWQ/edit#gid=0

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
The baton is such a terrible weapon.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

For the baton, use C3 and nothing else.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

It's been a hot minute, what do you use on Sheikah Stones in adventure mode?

I used a harp on some butterflies and they turned into one and it's telling me I still need to use items.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Given the Wind Waker additions to Legends, is the third tier of trident called the Triumph Fork?

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

It's been a hot minute, what do you use on Sheikah Stones in adventure mode?

I used a harp on some butterflies and they turned into one and it's telling me I still need to use items.

You don't, you need to use a bomb/candle/digging mitt/whatever on some other square.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

tithin posted:

Evil's Bane ups the Master Sword's power from 300 to 500, making it one of the absolute best weapons in the entire game. Other weapons can get a skill named Legendary which sets the weapon's base power to 300. Then there's the stars on a weapon which increase a weapon's base power by 10%, a 5-star weapon with Legendary on it has 450 power. Because an increase by 20 power to a third tier weapon (or up to 30 if it has 5 stars) is a bad use of this skill, the actual use of the Legendary skill is to make the lower tier weapons (if you don't like the third tier and/or 8-bit weapons) usable in lategame missions.

Also, Great Sea Adventure Map is my new favorite Adventure Map in all of Hyrule Warriors, and a lot of that is because the new mechanics for Legends are more extensively used on this map. That gives me high hopes for Legends' DLC Maps because it's a sure thing that they will follow up on how the Great Sea did it than the other Adventure Maps that you get in Legends.

Bruceski posted:

Given the Wind Waker additions to Legends, is the third tier of trident called the Triumph Fork?

It's called Trident of Demise. Yeah, it could have been better, but then again, the trident could have been a bit better than it ended up being.

• Locked thread