Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dadbuck
Apr 14, 2008

Hate the game, not the playa

Goatman Sacks posted:

I mean we lost an unreliable cocaine addict and a furry

DJ may have drank and snorted rarely, but he always inspired big fleets and actually led us, and kept around a good team. He was also loving A charismatic.

The time that he spent at my place with other goons, I never saw him snort a thing, and his drinking was rather tame in comparison to others.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Siets posted:

As I was reading the post and got to the part where the guy was talking about how "his weekend was going to be filled with internet space ships" my brain first ran to thinking "oh, I bet this guy is a TEST pubbie that can't wait to get slaughtered in VFK."

Nope, dude just wanted to loving mineeeee. :jerry:

going to make a clicker game that's a ripoff of eve mining then make millions off the ad revenue because eve mining is like sonic where there's something about it that makes autistic people horny

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

Dadbuck posted:

DJ may have drank and snorted rarely, but he always inspired big fleets and actually led us, and kept around a good team. He was also loving A charismatic.

The time that he spent at my place with other goons, I never saw him snort a thing, and his drinking was rather tame in comparison to others.

thank you for your contribution

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

Dadbuck posted:

DJ doesn't even like Mittani, and considering the loss of goon talent recently, I can see why.

The DJ clique never got along with the Mittani clique, and let's face it, Mittani tries to write himself into everything.

Turns out that was just an imposter pretending to be DJ.

The real DJ perished during the great war. Unbeknownst to everyone. With the help of CCP BoB had built 40 Titans inside a wormhole. This fleet was unleashed near the end of the war. Poised for victory the fleet approached Goon battle lines by passing through a secret wormhole network. Darius was alerted to this. Knowing that the knowledge of such a force would demoralize the rest of Goonfleet, he took a small rifter fleet of his most trusted lieutenants and went into wormhole space to face the BoB Titans. The fighting was viscous and DJ was seen to destroy five Titans single-handedly before taking a glancing hit from a Doomsday weapon. Ejecting from his rifter, DJ used his pod to crash the exit wormhole. Making it go critical and trapping the remaining BoB Titans in wormhole space forever. His pod however exploded as the wormhole sealed. His frozen corpse was recovered and taken back home to be interned into the golden throne. Now the throne rests in the undercroft of VFK. Our enemies suspect this and they know that DJs frozen corpse is the key to recovering the lost Titan fleet that they need to win this war.

One of his last edicts before he crashed his pod was the formation of hole squad. To serve as the eternal guardians of goonkind. Their destined task was to search out and close wormholes that lead to the trapped BoB Titan fleet. Making sure that these Titans remain sealed inside wormhole space forever.

Cyroth
Sep 23, 2002

When did Goonswarm turn into BoB? Do any Aussies still play?

hallik
Aug 15, 2003
So is it even possible for a new guy to jump in? I don't want to put a lot of effort into the game, but will mash random buttons till other goons kill pubbies.

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Robo Reagan posted:

going to make a clicker game that's a ripoff of eve mining then make millions off the ad revenue because eve mining is like sonic where there's something about it that makes autistic people horny

The beauty of the entire thing behind pubbie miners is that they all actually secretly enjoy the torture they inflict on themselves. Yeah, they whine and stomp and cry when they get ganked. They post on CCP forums demanding highsec grant them full plot armor and be 100% gank immune. They bitch on Reddit. They reg up here as ScreamingLlama. Etc.

But there are plenty of loving trash heap space rock collector simulators out there that they could be playing right now. The X series or Space Engineers are the first that come to my mind. So why do they play EVE then if the ganking bothers them so much?

The reality, though they will never ever admit it, is that they enjoy the rush just like the rest of us when they know that there's a possibility that they could be ganked at any time in any system. That's what makes the entire thing more than "shoot laser at rock, go AFK" or "mine and chill" as SL put it.

Morons.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

so do I need to play Eve again? Last I checked everything I owned was in a carrier in Syndicate and I was logged off in a Falcon in Holesquad's home system.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

hallik posted:

So is it even possible for a new guy to jump in? I don't want to put a lot of effort into the game, but will mash random buttons till other goons kill pubbies.

eve goons are notoriously new guy unfriendly

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

BASTN is down 765 members and OSS is up 764.
http://evemaps.dotlan.net/corp/BOVRIL_bOREers_Mining_CO-OP/alliances

BOVRL corp description posted:

Things we do:
Mine
Manufacture
WH trips
Pos stuff
Small-mid size PvP
Crazy Structure bashes
Sov Things

Mine. Heh.

Did Bovril just have a Suas hardon or something?

Dadbuck
Apr 14, 2008

Zephyrine posted:

The real DJ perished during the great war. Unbeknownst to everyone. With the help of CCP BoB had built 40 Titans inside a wormhole. This fleet was unleashed near the end of the war. Poised for victory the fleet approached Goon battle lines by passing through a secret wormhole network. Darius was alerted to this. Knowing that the knowledge of such a force would demoralize the rest of Goonfleet, he took a small rifter fleet of his most trusted lieutenants and went into wormhole space to face the BoB Titans. The fighting was viscous and DJ was seen to destroy five Titans single-handedly before taking a glancing hit from a Doomsday weapon. Ejecting from his rifter, DJ used his pod to crash the exit wormhole. Making it go critical and trapping the remaining BoB Titans in wormhole space forever. His pod however exploded as the wormhole sealed. His frozen corpse was recovered and taken back home to be interned into the golden throne. Now the throne rests in the undercroft of VFK. Our enemies suspect this and they know that DJs frozen corpse is the key to recovering the lost Titan fleet that they need to win this war.

One of his last edicts before he crashed his pod was the formation of hole squad. To serve as the eternal guardians of goonkind. Their destined task was to search out and close wormholes that lead to the trapped BoB Titan fleet. Making sure that these Titans remain sealed inside wormhole space forever.

LIES!

DJ got offered a job and transformed into CCP Sreegs. He then realized how much Iceland sucks, regained his sanity and came back.

NDA expired, and he started to tell the truth about goon history.

I'm still sad he left. We had a good thing going. :saddowns:

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine

Siets posted:

Nope, dude just wanted to loving mineeeee. :jerry:

Don't worry, Miniluv can save him from a weekend of bot-aspirant drudgery! :sun:

get his name

Potato Salad posted:

BASTN is down 765 members and OSS is up 764.
http://evemaps.dotlan.net/corp/BOVRIL_bOREers_Mining_CO-OP/alliances

Mine. Heh.

Did Bovril just have a Suas hardon or something?

Bovril got severely buttblasted that shortly after leaving RZR in Tenal, we ceded Vale. So they flipped again and made a fuckgoons reddit post about how we abandoned "their" space (that they had for like a week before poo poo Got Real).

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Dadbuck posted:

We are facing 2:1 and 3:1 odds right now, with insta-locking canes, and antisupport in large numbers....
Those are good odds.

Kind of a repost, throwing it out again: I have a carrier docked in a station in what was either LV or BoB space, way down at the SE corner of the map. I understand that jump drives are different now. Do I have any chance of getting it to current goonspace? I'm not asking for anything special or protected, no opsec, I'm just curious about general mechanics changes and the general distance involved.

Torpor
Oct 20, 2008

.. and now for my next trick, I'll pretend to be a political commentator...

HONK HONK

vyst posted:

You're the worst gimmick

He isn't wrong. Our numbers have been poo poo compared to the enemy and instead of bombing the enemy fleets we are just welping things constantly into the meatgrinder to no effect. The entire war to this point appears to be :effort:

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Gropiemon posted:

What's the easiest way to save a super or titan that hasn't been subbed in a long time and is definitely not in friendly space? GM moving it appears to not be an option

https://support.eveonline.com/hc/en...c243cdd547c1117

I would keep bugging them about it while citing valid reasons that are in your way to becoming a returning player.

There are modules that will disallow warping let alone jumping, like too many fighters in your drone bay after fighter volume was increased. Maybe you have a module that breaks the current limit of slots (High, Mid, Low) or perhaps your fitting limits are exceeded (CPU, Powergrid).

Someone more familiar with the changes over the past few years would know more about what grounds you would have to ask for a capital move. You know, changes that would make you a sitting loving duck if you logged in.

There are hard and fast rules like that one in customer support but if they want you to play it's just a reasonable expectation that had you remained subbed you would have moved with your friends. And right now they're really open to the idea of resubscriptions.

What I've done is made a list of reasons to ask for what I wanted in my petition (in my case it was a Nightmare reimbursement after accidental PVP and Concord). They will try to deny you your petition but each time respond with a new reason from your list, and explain yourself.

Ask to be moved to Saranen initially, then give them hell until solving your problem causes them less of a headache than their dumb rules.

The category you want is "Stuck Character"

When they finally move you, don't log in until you get a hold of someone.

With reduced jump range changes, a whole poo poo ton of module and fitting fuckery, and simply being completely stranded in general after being away for so long, it's not unreasonable to expect a move. If you were currently playing and accidentally rolled yourself out of your wormhole in a carrier, then it makes sense for them to be hard-nosed about it.

edit: I don't know where our caps are, actually. It might not be Saranen.

Anagram of GINGER fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Apr 1, 2016

Dadbuck
Apr 14, 2008

Bob Socko posted:

Those are good odds.

Kind of a repost, throwing it out again: I have a carrier docked in a station in what was either LV or BoB space, way down at the SE corner of the map. I understand that jump drives are different now. Do I have any chance of getting it to current goonspace? I'm not asking for anything special or protected, no opsec, I'm just curious about general mechanics changes and the general distance involved.

Not a good time to move anything to goonspace unless you have a Capswarm hookup.

We're under siege, and many JBs are camped.

One of the other alternatives to going to Lowsec or FW is to hang with RUS again like we did back in 2007. If that happens, you may not be super far from friendly space.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

Bob Socko posted:

Those are good odds.

PM me the location and I'll look at the maps.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Morris posted:

I saw that guy in our Jabber the other day, did he really join just to bitch us out or was he one of us all along?

That was pooki using a temporary handle in that jabber channel. It got me too.

Who is, by the way, read-only on goonfleet for posting a picture of some dude spreading his buttcheeks or some poo poo.

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Zephyrine posted:

PM me the location and I'll look at the maps.
Give me a little time to resub (kid > game) and I'll get back to you. Thank you for the offer,

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Bob Socko posted:

Give me a little time to resub (kid > game) and I'll get back to you. Thank you for the offer,

EVEMon should let you find out where your characters are, even while unsubbed, if thats any help

Tenchrono
Jun 2, 2011

How should someone returning get back to goon space? I last logged in 2012ish and all I have is a rifter to my name and whatever skills go with the old newbee build. Would it be easier to just sell everything and clone myself back to friendly space, or just make a new character closer.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

FAT CURES MUSCLES posted:

How should someone returning get back to goon space? I last logged in 2012ish and all I have is a rifter to my name and whatever skills go with the old newbee build. Would it be easier to just sell everything and clone myself back to friendly space, or just make a new character closer.

if you can fly an interceptor, just fit one out with 4 istabs and literally warp gates with local minimized because they are immune to bubbles and align faster than it is possible to lock

99% of the time you can arrive safely doing this

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine

FAT CURES MUSCLES posted:

If that's your only asset I would sell the Rifter, set Saranen or YA0 as your home station (you can do this remotely once per year), undock, and self destruct.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

frozenpussy posted:

loving words, gently caress

Try asking to be moved into a station with your super so that you can apply to a corporation. If said corporation is Goonwaffe that's an added bonus since they want you to die for publicity in this war.

It's not pretty and the ship model clips, but supers can be reimbursed to a station.

Ask them how you would go about applying to a corporation in your super right now, and it will bring up all the right questions when they try to help you.

edit: I'm dumb, that's probably not going to happen since putting a super inside a station would allow you to put it on market or contracts.

Anagram of GINGER fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Apr 1, 2016

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

darth cookie posted:

Text message I just received from my wife:

Yikes.

roymorrison
Jul 26, 2005
immediately drop everything to beat reddit at the only thing that will make them shut the gently caress up? why yes, of course i will

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Luigi Thirty posted:

so do I need to play Eve again? Last I checked everything I owned was in a carrier in Syndicate and I was logged off in a Falcon in Holesquad's home system.

I came back after a Holesquad hiatus as well. CCP processed a customer service request to have my ship moved from wormhole space back to Jita.

We need every able goon to return! Tomorrow night is set to be an absolute clusterfuck.

Fix Lag
Sep 8, 2011

There's a sale at Penny's!
~50 goons at the state of the sqwid. Oh boy.

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Zephyrine posted:

the spirit of mi mi had endowed, engorged him w power

Raithe
Apr 17, 2008

Don't worry: I've got the moon covered...
Have any timers been in AUZTZ yet? I don't want to literally throw away my hobbit dollars.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Luigi Thirty posted:

I miss you recording me yelling at nerds while drunk.

Raithe
Apr 17, 2008

Don't worry: I've got the moon covered...
Also, what's the free 10 days I've heard mentioned? I had an email about "10 days for .99c" but I only received a message for one account and that deal expired on the 27th.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Raithe posted:

Also, what's the free 10 days I've heard mentioned? I had an email about "10 days for .99c" but I only got one for one account and that expired on the 27th.

You remember the "Hours for PLEX" thing where you can reactiviate your account for a few hours to get a PLEX and resub? It's basically that, but with 10 days for 99cents.

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

I don't know, but I got an email yesterday about 10 days for 4.99 being extended until the 3rd or something because war.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Bob Socko posted:

Those are good odds.

Depends on how far SE/SW you are. If you're right out in the sticks, you'll want a couple of friends to give you a safe cyno chain to a dockable station. If you're not too far from civilization, you can probably get safeish with a single jump. Then you just have to make the long, slow circuit of the universe until you hit our corner. Station cynos make it fairly non-dangerous, but jump fatigue (see 2nd post) means it'll take you a while.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So did Syndic get kicked or is he just changing corps and had to drop to an NPC one?

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer

Bob Socko posted:

Those are good odds.

Getting from the SE area of the map up to goon space is going to be pretty aggravating, they're on opposite ends of the map. However, if you can get it to P-ZMZV in Querious, or any NPC station in Delve, I'll buy it from you for whatever market price is.

Normal Barbarian
Nov 24, 2006

Fix Lag posted:

~50 goons at the state of the sqwid. Oh boy.

Makes sense. According to real* journalists**, HV leaving the Imperium would be nothing short of disasterous. Can't let us slip away. :shepface:

Ynglaur posted:

Hahaha they ate the Hole Squad troll head first

HUSH

BigD7976
Feb 24, 2014

by VideoGames
For someone who doesn't have time to poop you sure post a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS
posting is very important part of the day

• Locked thread