Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I think they were talking about getting back into the utopium business since Mr. Boss' stash house just got raided.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

Angela Christine posted:

Destroying the brain is good. Major killed a bunch in the Meat Cute massacre with just guns to the head. Though the big mute guy did get shot in the eye which probably damaged at least a bit of his brain, and he's okay.

Sure, but destroying the brain is also enough to kill a human and we survive sometimes with our brain partially damaged.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

FoxTerrier posted:

So, the cure works, but you're permanently stuck with the personality of the last brain you ate?

Didn't they go out of their way to establish this was not the case? The last brain he ate was some really healthy guy.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
So the cure erases all the memories which formed after the patient was infected? That seems kinda weird. The show might argue, that all the new brain cells from that time were unnatural and got deleted again. Brains really don't work that way.

But I guess that's totally TV magic. Becoming a zombie means that you can eat brains to get new memories. So the logical implication is that becoming a non-zombie erases memories. This raises the question: If a zombie would eat Blaines brain now, would he still get flashbacks of his time as a zombie? God this is stupid...

I don't like drama-amnesia. Maybe the show gets a really awful ending, were every zombie either dies or gets cured and nobody except Ravi remembers that this outbreak was ever a thing. (This scenario requires Peyton and the Max Rager guys to be dead.)

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

What time is it, you ask?

GIF TIME!!!!

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Argue posted:

Yeah, that bothered me too, but I'm going to assume he was about to explain before he seized up and went zombie. Great ep otherwise.

Thought something was going wrong with Major when he said the (fresh) milk he was chugging tasted off.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Air is lava! posted:

So the cure erases all the memories which formed after the patient was infected? That seems kinda weird. The show might argue, that all the new brain cells from that time were unnatural and got deleted again. Brains really don't work that way.

We don't really know how much he lost. It seems like it could be way more than just the last couple years though, his whole personality seemed different. Boat party Blaine would have been brash and charming even with memory loss. Could be major brain damage.

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

spookygonk posted:

Thought something was going wrong with Major when he said the (fresh) milk he was chugging tasted off.

Yup. He was starting to have his cure wear off before that conversation.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

The new cure causes brain damage just so Major remains perpetually boned. He's back to being a zombie, and the new cure causes severe brain damage. Eat brains or go take a nap in the freezer.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

FoxTerrier posted:

Oh God, I forgot about that. Shudder.

Blaine's so charming you really do forget what a horrible psycho he actually is.

I'm glad I got reminded of that scene because it was great. I love brutal criminal Blaine as a character.

Picklepuss
Jul 12, 2002

Angela Christine posted:

The new cure causes brain damage just so Major remains perpetually boned. He's back to being a zombie, and the new cure causes severe brain damage. Eat brains or go take a nap in the freezer.
Speaking of which, if Major gets amnesia will anyone know where his freezers are hidden?

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Picklepuss posted:

Speaking of which, if Major gets amnesia will anyone know where his freezers are hidden?

Maybe? Blaines buddies carried his dad (what ever happened to him anyway?) over to the funeral home. So unless Major handed him over somewhere else they were there, I guess. But they are on the way to get themselves killed by Boss, so there.
But he might have the location in his little contact book.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Combed Thunderclap posted:

I honestly have no idea how they're keeping this many plot lines in the air :psyduck:

All I know is that I NEED ANSWERS
Yeah, this episode really left a lot of plates spinning.

Cactus posted:

"I'm not killing them, I'm deep-freezing them. I'm being coerced into doing this against my will."

is all Major would've needed to say to get Ravi to continue hearing him out. Instead we got the "I CAN EXPLAIN" without, y'know, actually explaining. It only stuck out to me because this show is usually above such cheap contrivances. Having characters not communicating to create drama brought back terrible memories of the dark days of watching Lost.
All they needed to do to make it work is have him start to go zombie a little bit quicker so he didn't have time to do the dumb "I can explain" thing.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

A great episode. I hope they keep finding ways to bring back Johnny Frost. Once a season would be great.
Agreed 100%.

Angela Christine posted:

This is the early stages of an extinction level event. If a couple million people get infected, that's it, we're done.
Nah, at some point before it becomes a catastrophe it's going to be impossible to keep under wraps. It's already kind of at the level where it's hard to keep it secret. If there were many more zombies, the authorities would notice and take action.

FoxTerrier posted:

So, the cure works, but you're permanently stuck with the personality of the last brain you ate? That's....interesting. Sets up a good conflict between taking the cure and being, well, cured, but at the expense of self.

I can't imagine them keeping Blaine with a plain vanilla personality for so long tough, so I assume there's got to be some catch involved. I have no idea what however.
I'm pretty sure he's just lost all his memories. And I'm sure he'll get them back before long, because he's too good a character to basically throw away like that. Two or three episodes of amnesia should be enough for Don E and Chief to get into trouble and then Blaine can get his memories back just in time to save them.

Air is lava! posted:

But they are on the way to get themselves killed by Boss, so there.
I doubt they'll die, but my guess is this is how Boss finds out about zombies.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Tiggum posted:

All they needed to do to make it work is have him start to go zombie a little bit quicker so he didn't have time to do the dumb "I can explain" thing.

What's the reason he's not able to tell them again? I know there's leverage forcing him to "kill" zombies and not tell anyone but I forgot exactly what it was.

Jamais Vu Again
Sep 16, 2012

zebras can have spots too

Cactus posted:

What's the reason he's not able to tell them again? I know there's leverage forcing him to "kill" zombies and not tell anyone but I forgot exactly what it was.

If he doesn't, the next person they get to dispose of zombies will kill Liv first.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Then I hope they can find a new and fresh spin on the "I was trying to protect you" "well you don't do that by lying to me" thing that every show like this seems to have. I have faith that they can.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Cactus posted:

Then I hope they can find a new and fresh spin on the "I was trying to protect you" "well you don't do that by lying to me" thing that every show like this seems to have. I have faith that they can.

"I was trying to protect you"
"Dammit I appreciate it but next time keep me in the loop"

I guess that doesn't make for good dramatic television though :negative:

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

I suspect that the new cure doesn't just amnesia, it leaves the last brain personality imprinted on the person. Blaine seems to have picked up the nicer personality. Either way, new cure is obviously not a good thing to use like that.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Random Stranger posted:

I suspect that the new cure doesn't just amnesia, it leaves the last brain personality imprinted on the person. Blaine seems to have picked up the nicer personality. Either way, new cure is obviously not a good thing to use like that.

True. Even as he was losing his memory he was talking about organic coffee with a low carbon footprint, which isn't something Blaine has ever cared about.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Cactus posted:

"Shut up you hypocrite! When you did the same for me, you let me check into an asylum!" Yeah she's not really in a position to complain about that.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

I'm really hoping they don't go turbo-drama over the completely understandable lying.

It ruined Arrow and I can't stand anymore of it.

AbsolutelySane
Jul 2, 2012

Floppychop posted:

I'm really hoping they don't go turbo-drama over the completely understandable lying.

There's a pretty huge differential in writing talent between this show and Arrow. I'm not very worried.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Drake's mom isn't very good for his cover identity.

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

muscles like this? posted:

Drake's mom isn't very good for his cover identity.

Drake's mom is just perfect. :colbert:

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
Was I the only one who heard Liv slip with ;are you FUCKIN kidding m?' during the stripper interrogation scene?

Hispanic! At The Disco
Dec 25, 2011

I rewound that 5 times and still couldn't hear it as anything else.

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Please, don't be my neighbor.
I think it was "frickin," but she was so quiet and said it so fast that it threw me too.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Floppychop posted:

Appropriately, in the very next episode where they replace her with Mr. Terrific the show gets 1,000,000 times better.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
I'm pretty hyped for the finale now. That episode had a lot happening.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Vaughn Du Clark is still best char on the show. But rear end in a top hat Keith Mars also owns.

Don E and Chief on blue grass brain :guitar:

Major :ohdear:

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Good to see Major is back to be the most boned man in the universe.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Was there an episode tonight?

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Keep kickin' Major's rear end, iZombie.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

Snak posted:

Was there an episode tonight?
Yes and it was good. Next week is the season finale.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Gobbeldygook posted:

Yes and it was good. Next week is the season finale.

Thanks, I had to restart the hulu app for it to show up :)

Edit: I love this show.

Also, Blaine continues to be loving hilarious.

Clive better find out in the season finale. He has not got much metaplot action at all yet, and I mostly mind because I like his character and I want to see them do more with him. Whether that means clueing him into the existing metaplot, or simply developing him more through the procedural aspect, I don't care.

Edit 2: I really hope that it turns out Blaine is faking it, because now I'm pretty sure every character has said that he is or could be faking it.

Snak fucked around with this message at 07:30 on Apr 6, 2016

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Am I the only one who thought that Don E wasn't actually a zombie and was just working for Blaine? I guess it's his hairstyle.

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man
What is Blaine up to though if he is faking his memory loss though? What does he gain?

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

Air is lava! posted:

Am I the only one who thought that Don E wasn't actually a zombie and was just working for Blaine? I guess it's his hairstyle.

He had Chief scratch him last episode, when Blaine got all The Nameless One.

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

Was that Jeff from American Dad who spoke to Babineaux on the phone as the student journalist?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Air is lava! posted:

Yeah, he actually wasn't until last week's episode, when he intentionally became one as part of a power-play to exploited Blaine's amnesia and take over his business.

• Locked thread