Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sakako
Dec 31, 2013
Hey, thanks guys. I logged on this morning and found my account 100mil richer. :D (I have no idea whether that's actually pennies, but at low level it seems to be a lot of money)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raithe
Apr 17, 2008

Don't worry: I've got the moon covered...
It's the most important meal.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Zephyrine posted:

Turns out that was just an imposter pretending to be DJ.

The real DJ perished during the great war. Unbeknownst to everyone. With the help of CCP BoB had built 40 Titans inside a wormhole. This fleet was unleashed near the end of the war. Poised for victory the fleet approached Goon battle lines by passing through a secret wormhole network. Darius was alerted to this. Knowing that the knowledge of such a force would demoralize the rest of Goonfleet, he took a small rifter fleet of his most trusted lieutenants and went into wormhole space to face the BoB Titans. The fighting was viscous and DJ was seen to destroy five Titans single-handedly before taking a glancing hit from a Doomsday weapon. Ejecting from his rifter, DJ used his pod to crash the exit wormhole. Making it go critical and trapping the remaining BoB Titans in wormhole space forever. His pod however exploded as the wormhole sealed. His frozen corpse was recovered and taken back home to be interned into the golden throne. Now the throne rests in the undercroft of VFK. Our enemies suspect this and they know that DJs frozen corpse is the key to recovering the lost Titan fleet that they need to win this war.

One of his last edicts before he crashed his pod was the formation of hole squad. To serve as the eternal guardians of goonkind. Their destined task was to search out and close wormholes that lead to the trapped BoB Titan fleet. Making sure that these Titans remain sealed inside wormhole space forever.

Look at this beautiful loving post. God drat you're alright for a RAZOR refugee.

Fix Lag posted:

~50 goons at the state of the sqwid. Oh boy.

Did someone record it? I'm at work. :saddowns:

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Sakako posted:

Hey, thanks guys. I logged on this morning and found my account 100mil richer. :D (I have no idea whether that's actually pennies, but at low level it seems to be a lot of money)

As a poor newbie who struggled to make his first 100m ISK for several months back in 2007, I'd say you're doin pretty good! Money is very very relative to your skill points in this game. Right now, you only have the skills to use basic tech 1 modules and frigates. Those cost a pittance (most well under 1m ISK, fully fit) so you can basically go hog wild buying skill books for training, learning implants to speed up skill point learning, and splash the rest on whatever fleet ship you can fly according to the doctrine thread.

Sakako
Dec 31, 2013

Siets posted:

As a poor newbie who struggled to make his first 100m ISK for several months back in 2007, I'd say you're doin pretty good! Money is very very relative to your skill points in this game. Right now, you only have the skills to use basic tech 1 modules and frigates. Those cost a pittance (most well under 1m ISK, fully fit) so you can basically go hog wild buying skill books for training, learning implants to speed up skill point learning, and splash the rest on whatever fleet ship you can fly according to the doctrine thread.

I think I've actually got like 5m in a couple of days under my own steam, but I can definitely see the advantage of having a lot in reserve.

... Also there's a mission to suicide bomb a space station. What.

Fix Lag
Sep 8, 2011

There's a sale at Penny's!

darth cookie posted:

Dod might have. It degenerated into one-legged space pirate doge stream watching.

Torpor
Oct 20, 2008

.. and now for my next trick, I'll pretend to be a political commentator...

HONK HONK

Unfunny Poster posted:

So did Syndic get kicked or is he just changing corps and had to drop to an NPC one?

Syndic was kicked for leaking opsec during an interview.

Mechadestroyer
Jul 22, 2008

Fix Lag posted:

Dod might have. It degenerated into one-legged space pirate doge stream watching.

It was a drat good stream though

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Fix Lag posted:

This is exactly how it should be.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
God bless our admins.

https://www.pandemic-legion.pl/forums/

(if you don't see it, scroll to the bottom and click "Version 2 (Default)"

Torpor posted:

Syndic was kicked for leaking opsec during an interview.

:eyepop:

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Fix Lag posted:

~50 goons at the state of the sqwid. Oh boy.

What is this?

KaoliniteMilkshake
Jul 9, 2010

holesquad update on what's going on

aka business devolving into a stream of a dog, the third most popular eve stream. want to pet that dog.

smertrioslol
Apr 4, 2010
Syndic did you really get kicked? You gotta home with me buddy

Luigi thirty where are all of the recordings?

Fix Lag
Sep 8, 2011

the sqwid is an ancient spacecult of nefarious worshippers who praise a deity known as "Mi Mi Coleslaw"

having recently divorced themselves from the shackles of the Imperium, they are now in search of a new home and a new weed dealer

do not approach any of these individuals as they are likely armed and blitzed out of their minds

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Hail Mi Mi.

/genuflects

Carth Dookie fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Apr 1, 2016

kiresays
Aug 14, 2012

The evacuation of Vale continues:

https://zkillboard.com/kill/52946042/
https://zkillboard.com/kill/52948472/
https://zkillboard.com/kill/52945751/
https://zkillboard.com/kill/52947164/
https://zkillboard.com/kill/52947547/

Hubbl3
Mar 28, 2016

Goatman Sacks posted:

I mean we lost an unreliable cocaine addict and a furry

And a good poster.

Fix Lag
Sep 8, 2011

not my morale

oh god please

anything but that

Torpor
Oct 20, 2008

.. and now for my next trick, I'll pretend to be a political commentator...

HONK HONK

yikes they are not going to be happy.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Hubbl3 posted:

And a good poster.

no im here

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Remember the days when losing a dozen or so capital ships was an unmitigated disaster? And losing any type of Super Cap would often destroy an alliance?

I miss that.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

darth cookie posted:

Ask Madcows about his promotion.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Layman's talk for a guy who doesn't play Eve but loves reading about it. Is Goonswarm winning so far or are things getting dicey?

Fix Lag
Sep 8, 2011

Arcsquad12 posted:

Layman's talk for a guy who doesn't play Eve but loves reading about it. Is Goonswarm winning so far or are things getting dicey?

ask this question 24 hours from now

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

lucifirius posted:

Well I've never heard of which ones were in TEST or GSF, and definitely none of them have their name attached to a release ala 'fozzie sov'.

The most prominent goon at CCP was CCP Sreegs aka Darius JOHNSON

vyst posted:

Also I hope vily went to rehab while he took a break because addiction to hard drugs is nothing to joke about

Look at where he is sitting in the stream, that ain't no hotel room

Zephyrine posted:

Looked more like boat was just screwing around while Vee felt like the whole war effort was hanging on that debate interview.

I have to give Vee credit for setting some clear goalposts for the war: Take all Imperium space and disband the Imperium alliances.

Vily =/ Vee

hailthefish posted:

Does his dog still bark while he's FCing?

No, it died. His mom or sister has a baby that cries in the background now tho

Dadbuck posted:

He is confusing Vee and Vily.

Vily is the guy on Skype with DBRB. He is the Bomber guy that is holocausting us right now.

Your fake defeatism sounds fake

Drunkmessiah
Nov 3, 2012

Anyone mind helping out a retarded goon that requires hand-holding so i can play with the big bees and blindly throw my corpse at the enemies for liberty, I made account on gs and somehow hosed up what i was doing and never joined I shitpost enough on the sa steam-group chat, Also convo brett batts and spartan25 for references, am only moderately a spai <-- I was told Im special needs and instructed to say this

*I can offer crude ms paintings

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Kalenn Istarion posted:

The most prominent goon at CCP was CCP Sreegs aka Darius JOHNSON

soundwave aka stoffer ninjapirate aka i think lead game designer for awhile

Batts
Apr 4, 2009

Drunkmessiah posted:

Anyone mind helping out a retarded goon that requires hand-holding so i can play with the big bees and blindly throw my corpse at the enemies for liberty, I made account on gs and somehow hosed up what i was doing and never joined I shitpost enough on the sa steam-group chat, Also convo brett batts and spartan25 for references, am only moderately a spai <-- I was told Im special needs and instructed to say this

*I can offer crude ms paintings

Vouch for this dude, he hangs out in the bachelor thread google hangouts, and ive seen him eat a can of beans cold.

GraceGarland
Jul 4, 2003
I'm vaguely interested in trying this game out. What's the minimum time/week and time/session needed to get anything out of it?

Normal Barbarian
Nov 24, 2006

BigD7976 posted:

For someone who doesn't have time to poop you sure post a lot.

I posted that from the library. Just got home. Discrete math can suck a dick and die. :buddy:

You're right, though. I post too much.

smertrioslol
Apr 4, 2010

ToadStyle posted:

I'm vaguely interested in trying this game out. What's the minimum time/week and time/session needed to get anything out of it?

Depends on what you wanna do. Big fleet rights can drag on for hours. Solution? Only bring small cheap stuff so you don't care about losing it or having to leave. If I'm not leading a fleet, I'm in an interceptor (relatively cheap, fast ship) always.

bad news bareback
Jan 16, 2009

ToadStyle posted:

It's possible to login a couple times a week and have fun but it's rare to login for less than an hour and have fun. If you can commit 3 months, a couple days a week a couple hours at a time fun is possible.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

ToadStyle posted:

Depends on what you want to do. You can spend multiple hours a day trading or fleeting up with special interest groups, but skill progress is mostly fixed rate. I've had fun when i had an hour a day tops and also when i was able to go on six hour ops. Be sure to join jabber and look for fun people since it'll make everything more memorable.

E: for instance a few weeks i logged in for an hour or so to gank high sec people with miniluv, we also baited people with brick fit battleships. It was a lot of fun. Still, after a few years it's the people that you remember not the game.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

scandoslav posted:

Discrete math can suck a dick and die. :buddy:

:eyepop:

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
I hope I get to blow up some spaceships in my new lovely space frigate.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

ToadStyle posted:

A three hour old frigate can tackle anything and tackling makes you a loving hero so it's more what do you want to do.

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine

Batts posted:

Vouch for this dude, he hangs out in the bachelor thread google hangouts, and ive seen him eat a can of beans cold.

If you can live off a stack of canned beans and poop in a bag while multiboxing 5 shitbox frigates, you are just who Fozziesov was made for. He's not the hero we need, but he's the hero we deserve.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Shobon newbies are the best. Show up and fly around clueless, receive all the love bitter old goons have to give. :sun:

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
It's hard to imagine fozziesov being worse than nightly structure shoots

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
Well gently caress. What time is the VFK defense tomorrow? I'll buy a 5 pack of dictors and go do that I guess. Want to buy a FC with good probing skills that can launch me at the enemy. I'm lazy you see.

• Locked thread