Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

[Captain Thomas Wade]: "Admiral Bishop told me what you did aboard the Gauntlet. It's an honour."
[Captain Thomas Wade]: "This is Lt Commander Fell."
[Lt Cmdr Nayara Fell]: "Hey."
[Captain Thomas Wade]: "First Vega and now here. Can't decide if you've got the worst luck ever, or the best."

I'm reading every word like it's a redlettermedia movie review and it's amazing.

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

S-source please :eyepop:

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/4ctbdt/sq42_script/d1lc95m

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
[Eugene Morrow]: "Still flatline. The new converters aren't syncing yet."
[Eugene Morrow]: "The prophase seems to be off a step."
[Connie Hayes]: "The h-vent is about wide as it can go. If the prophase is off, I'm not seeing a reason down here."

[Eugene Morrow]: "Okay, I reset the whole substrate. Give it another try."
[Connie Hayes]: "It's connecting now, but nothing's getting through. I'm goiung to pull it out and retransfix the binding."

more Plebe error/repair messages

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
[Lars Neuer]: "The population of the cellsis irrelevant. An order is an order." !!TYPO!!

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Happy Sisyphus posted:

it seems that in this timeline, A Neurotic Jew' is not the chief moderator of the /r/starcitizen subreddit...

not officially anyway.

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

A Neurotic Jew posted:

[Detrick Roto Rotobi]: "I suppose with enough time, I could modify a recon torpedo to use extremely low frequency focused beams to penetrate in the cloud and -"
[Cara Web Webster]: "That won't work."

wow Detrick Roto Rotobi just got loving OWNEED.

Croberts: I need to come up with a callsign for Webster. Hmm...what would make a good callsign? I know, Web! Check that item on the list, fidelity accomplished, let's move on. A callsign for Rotobi. I'm thinking [gesticulates wildly for 75 seconds] Roto. Genius, immersion achieved.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
Lethality is going to poo poo a brick.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

[Eugene Morrow]: "Okay, I reset the whole substrate. Give it another try."
[Connie Hayes]: "It's connecting now, but nothing's getting through. I'm goiung to pull it out and retransfix the binding."

What? Reset the whole substrate? What?

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

[Woodrow Tannen]: "The Army likes to fight, and Marines are pretty tough, but if you want adventure, the Navy's got the stuff. Oh we fly the 'verse, protecting those in need. We serve the Empire, At 1/5th light speeeeed! Oh! The Navy life's for me, hey! The Navy life for me."

:suicide:

Nov 3, 2015

Give me all your crackers

Tokamak posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/4ctbdt/sq42_script/
http://pastebin.com/G8fNs8dT

Apparently some of the Squadron 42 script got left in the new build, and the shitizens are getting frothy.

Oscar quality script

:lesnick: codename: Wheezy

Just skimming over bits and its full of 'witty' sarcastic quips from your crew mates. Demonstrating once again that croberts is not a hack.

oh god I had a horrible thought. Who wants to do a table read through of CR's crappy script? Get a few goons together and record them "acting" (voice only) it out. I don't mean all of it, just the last bit.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
[Captain Noah White]: "Tell me about yourself. Do you have family?"
[Player]: "@Dlg_SC_ac_spitfire_generic_response_yes_0300"
[Player]: "I do not, sir."

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
I think whatever the backers are wanting is gaming technology twenty years from now. they thought it's been 20 years enough because they were focused on the success of wing commander, but guys, no, you gotta wait a few decades, and go for a chargeback while you're ahead.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

I've skim-read the whole thing and I don't know what's going on at all. Is the cliffhanger in the last mission going to be the start of the plot?

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/4bbi42/banned_from_cig_forums_but_i_dont_post/d18gnzw?context=3

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

1500 posted:

oh god I had a horrible thought. Who wants to do a table read through of CR's crappy script? Get a few goons together and record them "acting" (voice only) it out. I don't mean all of it, just the last bit.

That actually sounds incredible

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
[Lars Neuer]: "@Dlg_SC_ac_tanto_generic_response_yes_0300"
[Captain Giani Abir]: "Vex, start their processing."
[Conrad Vex]: "@Dlg_SC_ac_tanto_generic_response_yes_0300"
[Captain Giani Abir]: "As for you three, move a single muscle, and I give Trooper Brega here permission to make you regret it."
[Aldo Braga]: "@Dlg_SC_ac_deadeye_player_order_attack_my_target_0100"

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
[Aldo Braga]: "You think I'm scared of you?"
[Player]: "*Attack #1*"
[Player]: "*Attack #2*"
[Player]: "Why did the OMC attack Shubin?"
[Player]: "*Attack #3*"
[Player]: "This is your last chance to talk."
[Aldo Braga]: "I'm gonna rip out your throat. I'm gonna watch you bleed."
[Player]: "Wrong answer."
[Conrad Vex]: "Lieutenant, maybe he's had enough."
[Aldo Braga]: "Stay out of it, Vex."
[Player]: "*Attack #4*"
[Player]: "I think I almost prefer it when you don't answer."
[Aldo Braga]: "gently caress... you..."
[Player]: "*Attack #5*"
[Conrad Vex]: "Geez, is he..."
[Aldo Braga]: "He'll be fine."
[Aldo Braga]: "*Prisoner 1 gets knocked out*"
[Aldo Braga]: "The dumb son of a bitch deserved it."
[Conrad Vex]: "We have to call the doc."
[Aldo Braga]: "No we don't. Nothing happened."
[Conrad Vex]: "Aldo, we can't just -"
[Aldo Braga]: "Leave it, Vex."

The tension! :eyepop:

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Wait, why would the script for Squadron 42 be in the release build of Star Citizen

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

hahaha the reddit goons

suddenly everyone lethality doesnt like is a goon

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
Star Citizen collision detection is impressive. With it, multiple NPC's walk through a choke point. They naturally adjust to each other's positions while making their way through stationary objects and other moving NPC's without banging into each other. The whole process is smooth and natural.

I'm really excited to see what that looks like with the A.I. ability to take cover and move away from danger. That's one of the most immersion breaking elements of most A.I. systems. NPC's will just run into a wall in an endless loop. When a firefight breaks out, they just keep picking daisies/performing the simple A.I. script they're programmed with. In this game, they move through obstructions and traffic with grace. We'll see how they do at making them properly react to danger. Having them take cover and move away from the hot point will be incredibly immersive.

CIG A.I. navigate other moving objects and permanent obstructions like real people do.

Star Citizen's A.I. is cutting edge and pushing the envelope already.

The future looks promising for Star Citizen A.I.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Kakarot posted:

Star Citizen collision detection is impressive. With it, multiple NPC's walk through a choke point. They naturally adjust to each other's positions while making their way through stationary objects and other moving NPC's without banging into each other. The whole process is smooth and natural.

I'm really excited to see what that looks like with the A.I. ability to take cover and move away from danger. That's one of the most immersion breaking elements of most A.I. systems. NPC's will just run into a wall in an endless loop. When a firefight breaks out, they just keep picking daisies/performing the simple A.I. script they're programmed with. In this game, they move through obstructions and traffic with grace. We'll see how they do at making them properly react to danger. Having them take cover and move away from the hot point will be incredibly immersive.

CIG A.I. navigate other moving objects and permanent obstructions like real people do.

Star Citizen's A.I. is cutting edge and pushing the envelope already.

The future looks promising for Star Citizen A.I.

Source your quotes and/or stop playing alpha versions of Oblivion.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
dcfdd84d-d752-4a7d-b8e8-2ba907a5ad68: "Thanks."
[Player]: "Sure. Hey, Graves is having everyone head to the Control Tower."
dcfdd84d-d752-4a7d-b8e8-2ba907a5ad68: "Don't worry about me. Focus on killing as many of thiose bastards as you can. "
dcfdd84d-d752-4a7d-b8e8-2ba907a5ad68: "Don't give 'em mercy. Don't give 'em anything."

Uh-oh, someone posted Croberts' bitcoin private key

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

dcfdd84d-d752-4a7d-b8e8-2ba907a5ad68: "Thanks."
[Player]: "Sure. Hey, Graves is having everyone head to the Control Tower."
dcfdd84d-d752-4a7d-b8e8-2ba907a5ad68: "Don't worry about me. Focus on killing as many of thiose bastards as you can. "
dcfdd84d-d752-4a7d-b8e8-2ba907a5ad68: "Don't give 'em mercy. Don't give 'em anything."

Uh-oh, someone posted Croberts' bitcoin private key

279275e8-aba2-4ff9-974a-6df3b2c2b79a: "Got Company!"

Ben's too!

Nov 3, 2015

Trapezium Dave posted:

[Captain Thomas Wade]: "All officers want to believe that every soldier under their command will come home at the end of the tour. But we live in violent times. And life...Life doesn't always uphold such promises. So it's important that we honour those who can't go home. That we remember them, that we say goodbye."
[Captain Thomas Wade]: "Words for the fallen should be spoken by friends. So I've asked Lt. Commander Colton to say a few words."
[Steve Colton]: "I've been to enough of these things to know that I'm supposed to try to make sense of this tragedy. Tosay that their deaths mattered."
[Steve Colton]: "I won't. It was their lives that mattered."

:patriot:

Is this the bulk of the script? There's about a billion different characters and they're all identical.

I thought we were supposed to act like they never existed?

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Tippis posted:

Source your quotes and/or stop playing alpha versions of Oblivion.

RSI forums: Star Citizen A.I. looks incredible

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

soaringmusic.wav

Nov 3, 2015

SomethingJones posted:

I swear to god someone pick a scene, everyone pick a character, and then everybody just voice act the poo poo out of it.

oh i was ninjed.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Skellybones posted:

Wait, why would the script for Squadron 42 be in the release build of Star Citizen

The only reason I can imagine it being within the source tree is because it's for subtitles.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Heh, even the citizens are asking whether the guy(s) have played any games in the last decade. :v:

Dads Dip Cup
Aug 13, 2009

Grimey Drawer

quote:

[Lt Cmdr Nayara Fell]: "Big surprise there. Weezy's 'blow poo poo up' strategy."

still catching up but can I go ahead and request a name change to WHEEZY BLOW UP A poo poo thanks in advance

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
:captainpop:

WarpedLichen
Aug 14, 2008

Why would multiple characters say the same generic line:
[Tech 02]: "@Dlg_SC_ac_tanto_generic_response_yes_0300"
[Woodrow Tannen]: "@Dlg_SC_ac_tanto_generic_response_yes_0300"
[Sophia Kelly]: "@Dlg_SC_ac_tanto_generic_response_yes_0300"
[Claude Desaily]: "@Dlg_SC_ac_tanto_generic_response_yes_0300"
[Steve Colton]: "@Dlg_SC_ac_tanto_generic_response_yes_0300"

Mr. McGibblets
Sep 17, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx
Cant leave this thread for 10 minutes without being 100+ posts behind.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

Tippis posted:

Heh, even the citizens are asking whether the guy(s) have played any games in the last decade. :v:

Man if that guy ever finds out about Rollercoaster Tycoon he's going to do a backflip.

Nov 3, 2015

Sushi in Yiddish posted:

That actually sounds incredible

Well it it turns out that the script is real, i am game.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
JUST STICK TO THE SCRIPT

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

1500 posted:

Do it in this voice:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxgepCmLElE&t=118s

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Wow! This script is amazing! I can't wait to see it acted out in all its high-fidelity glory.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

Skellybones posted:

JUST STICK TO THE SCRIPT

lol to the max

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
Someone please tell me that all them A list stars were mocapped based on this leaked script.

Its a B Movie nightmare. Lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

WarpedLichen posted:

Why would multiple characters say the same generic line:
[Tech 02]: "@Dlg_SC_ac_tanto_generic_response_yes_0300"
[Woodrow Tannen]: "@Dlg_SC_ac_tanto_generic_response_yes_0300"
[Sophia Kelly]: "@Dlg_SC_ac_tanto_generic_response_yes_0300"
[Claude Desaily]: "@Dlg_SC_ac_tanto_generic_response_yes_0300"
[Steve Colton]: "@Dlg_SC_ac_tanto_generic_response_yes_0300"

They all use unique voice actors for everything else, but in the generic_response_yes bits, their dialogue is replaced with Microsoft Text-To-Speech instead

e: [Woodrow Tannen]: "john madden john madden john madden john madden john madden john madden"

• Locked thread