Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
R.S. Gumby
Jul 26, 2007

Utterly useless.
Oath complete!

Here's my Alan DBA army; 12 stands of Light Horse, plus a camp. A fun/terrible army. Fun as in they can be played as 12 Light Horse and they have probably more historical enemies than anyone else, and terrible as in they can be played as 12 Light Horse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING
Oath Complete!

I'm actually quite pleased with these guys, I thought Talia Al Ghul was going to be the better result (as I finished her first to go to a tournament) but now he's done and I tweaked my colour scheme a bit I think Riddler came out pretty well! I wanted him to be pimp-bright to go with that swagger, and bright he is!

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
Oath complete, with Challenge!

Since many druids carry staves of living wood, it's not uncommon to see your druid companion's staff begin to sprout new greenery in the spring. Seeing your druid themself begin to sprout, on the other hand, is a relatively rare sight... but it does happen.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Ugleb posted:

Oath Complete!

I'm actually quite pleased with these guys, I thought Talia Al Ghul was going to be the better result (as I finished her first to go to a tournament) but now he's done and I tweaked my colour scheme a bit I think Riddler came out pretty well! I wanted him to be pimp-bright to go with that swagger, and bright he is!

On the plus side the model can be a double of April O'Neil!

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING
I really need some mutant turtles...

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
:siren: Oath complete! :siren:

Claiming technical challenge

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

:wom: will blow your mind.
Yes, as all these completed oaths come in I know it's time to start mine:
I WhiteOutMouse Oath 6x Reaper Bones Grave Wardens for Kings of War count-as Wights Reaper, 28mm.

I converted them because I cold not get the swords to bend, and they are low quality sculpts anyway. The oversized weapons also help since these models are a little undersized for traditional "Large Infantry" in Kings of War anyway.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Raphus C posted:

I, Raphus C, Oath one ork Warbike GW 28mm:

WhiteOutMouse posted:

Yes, as all these completed oaths come in I know it's time to start mine:
I WhiteOutMouse Oath 6x Reaper Bones Grave Wardens for Kings of War count-as Wights Reaper, 28mm.

Oaths Accepted!

Tokimon
Mar 29, 2007
Oath complete!

I also must sort a proper light box for next season.

Germ
May 7, 2013

:ducksiren: OATH COMPLETE!!! :ducksiren:

I’m claiming the conversion challenge for, well … everything in the oath. The corsairs are pieced together from GW Dark Elves, Eldar, Dark Eldar, and Eldar vehicle pieces. The Warlands warband started life as Matchbox and/or Hot Wheels cars, and then got resin tires, GW bits, plasticard, and little 1/72 scale gladiators and Native Americans.

I’m claiming Backstory for the fluff I wrote for my club’s Warlands campaign. Here it is, along with a photo of the full gang (which includes a model not included in this month’s oath, but which was part of last month’s oath):

The Presidents of the United States

Gentle Moses was just 9 years old when he first drove, murdered, and cannibalized his way to the top of a warband of bloodthirsty savages. Over the subsequent years, he reshaped them into a nightmarish force that instilled fear and terror among the populace. His followers were nameless, but the vehicles they drove became legend. The frightened populace named them after the harbingers of the apocolypse, the leaders of history past that saw the world descend into madness and terror: Donald Trump; Chris Christie; Brangelina; Sarah Palin's Mutant Clone; The Reagan Simulator 4.0; Jackson Lyons, Jr; Oderus Urungus. These are the names of those that brought civilization to an end, so these are the names the people gave to their nightmares made steel and chrome. Warboys live, warboys die, and warboys live again, but the Presidents of the United States ride eternal, sowing horror and destruction wherever they go.

Here are the close ups of what I painted for the Oath this month:

The Monster Truck. Yes, there is a pair of midget gladiators in there.

Missile buggies:

Gun buggies:

Gentle Moses, the MVP of my gang. Between the plow ram, spikes, twin-linked mini-gun, and the lightning engine, this bad mother caught the sun

Here are the Corsairs, ran as infiltrators with jetpacks.

And, the characters – An Autarch with warpjump, a Corsair Prince, and a Warp Spider Exarch.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Germ posted:

Oderus Urungus

I hadn't been paying attention and only found out this week that he died two years ago. :rip: :(

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
Oath Complete

Shade I was using was a little too strong, but I feel like if you see it in person, it's decent enough for the bigger models. Vampires I might redo later but they're ok for now.

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Will reign this way again
Oath Complete!

For the Jurnal there are several pieces of conversion work here, including the custom army symbols, the crewman and the giant searchlight.

BobFish
Jan 16, 2004

Believe: The Sequel - This time it really will happen
Oath Complete!

Late rush to get them to this point so no fancy photos. Maybe could do with some static grass but I'll revisit once I've finished the rest of the team. I have no idea why 7 skeletons took a whole month.

Claiming conversion for 'Fletch' who was cut, reposed and arrows added using paperclips and green stuff and 'Hank' who had a wire noose added. The others also all had a little work done.
The rising skeleton could also represent new growth of the team but no imagine that is pushing it.

BobFish fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Mar 31, 2016

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib
Oath Complete

The camera washed out the colors a bit, but I'm pretty happy with how it came out.

Under 15
Jan 6, 2005

Mr. Helsbecter will you please stop shooting I am on the phone

Oath complete!

I couldn't find a sin-eater scheme I liked, so I painted him as Rorschach -

Looks kind of like he belongs in KISS when seen head on, but I like him.

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011
Oath complete:

technical challenge:

It is built from a glue lid, green stuff and plasticard with odd bits of GW glued on. A lovely paint job for a low effort conversion - Orks ahoy.

Germ
May 7, 2013

Raphus C posted:

A solid paint job for a completely bad-rear end conversion - Orks ahoy.

Fixed it for you.

Under 15 posted:

I couldn't find a sin-eater scheme I liked, so I painted him as Rorschach -

My first thought, before I scrolled down, was that you had made a Juggalo Sin-Eater. I was briefly indignant, and then came to acceptance. There's room for everything on Bakunin. When I scrolled down and saw the smiley face, everything clicked. Awesome theme, well-executed.

Also, please no one never don't make Juggalo miniatures.

Germ fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Apr 1, 2016

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

Oath Complete!
Also, I can't take pictures worth a drat without natural light.

Gareth Gobulcoque
Jan 10, 2008

OATH COMPLETE

THEME for the big guy with paint scheme stolen from spring! (image stolen from dreamstime, apparently)

Under 15
Jan 6, 2005

Mr. Helsbecter will you please stop shooting I am on the phone

Germ posted:

Fixed it for you.

My first thought, before I scrolled down, was that you had made a Juggalo Sin-Eater. I was briefly indignant, and then came to acceptance. There's room for everything on Bakunin. When I scrolled down and saw the smiley face, everything clicked. Awesome theme, well-executed.

that's a good idea. I have two more sin-eaters

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Oath Complete!

I don't think I got an acknowledgement of the original oath, so just quoting my original post here:

Pyrolocutus posted:

I, Pyrolocutus, oath one Ashes and Dust, as well as its separated components, Ashen Core and Dust Storm. These are from Malifaux's Outcast faction by Wyrd Games.

Anyways, Ashes and Dust sort of symbolizes a death-and-rebirth cycle in which when it's killed, the dust storm dissolves and leaves behind the Ashen Core, which calls a new Dust Storm to it. Should a Dust Storm reach it and begin the merging process, and neither are killed, at the end of the turn Ashes and Dust is reborn.

Usually I use the black pebbles as blasted landscape for my Legion or dead earth for my Rezzers, but here I also added a touch of green, new life, springing from the earth.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Oath Complete!

I'd like to claim Technical Jurnal for the conversion work on the bloodworm swarm - it looks like zombie-fried rice, but many disparate parts went into it.

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

I, Schmetterling, hereby Oath for March this tiny Reaper Bones familiar tree spirit thing

Coming in on the wire, this little guy will represent Spring growth not only in being a tiny tree, but also in indicating that I survived this awful week of health problems and am not dead!

Schmetterling fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Apr 1, 2016

Germ
May 7, 2013

moths posted:

Oath Complete!

That turned out really cool! If you're planning on doing a lot more, consider picking up one of the Tentacle Makers from Greenstuff Industries. They make it dead simple to pump out great-looking maggots. I used them for my Nurgle bases:

Ledgem
Oct 20, 2010
Oath Complete

Challenge

Monarch Butterfly and a honey bee themed! Spring time bugs!

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Those are perfect, but do they come in God's own square bases?

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

Oath Complete!

I added a little flower to be more spring-like for the Theme.

Germ
May 7, 2013

moths posted:

Those are perfect, but do they come in God's own square bases?

Oh, I'm not selling bases. That was just an army-specific project. I'm just saying that the GSI tentacle maker makes the sweetest little maggots in the world. If you're into that kind of thing. Which I am.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
Oath complete

"Day 54: No one suspects a thing."

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

He damned me for a eunuch,
and my mother for a whore.

Fun Shoe
Oath Complete!

The Theme is the plant growth on this early-spring scene, with the little tufts of grass and the spring blossoms on the trees (which I swear are more pink in real life than in the pic, I couldn't get the colors to un-wash out). I went a bit nuts with the static grass, which is meant to look flattened from months of snow cover; I meant to trim it from the edges, but I gotta go to bed.

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Oath Complete!

Technical Journal is A Conversion. Leaving on a trip I haven't packed for in a few hours, so you don't get a proper lightbox or camera.

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

:wom: will blow your mind.
Oath Complete!

Theme/Challenge Converted weapon arms, the original ones sucked and were all bendy, no matter how many times I put them in hot rear end water. I was surprised how well the 'GW Skullcrusher' arms fit these bones guys.

Wooh!. I still have a lot of work on this undead army but one more unit done.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Schmetterling posted:

I, Schmetterling, hereby Oath for March this tiny Reaper Bones familiar tree spirit thing

Coming in on the wire, this little guy will represent Spring growth not only in being a tiny tree, but also in indicating that I survived this awful week of health problems and am not dead!

I was going to say you're cutting it close but you already posted the complete picture :) Oath Accepted!

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
Oath complete! (and with 1,5 hours to spare!)

For journal, the Heavy Weapons Team is kitbashed from various Catachan and Cadian kits and the dudes from Assassin's Creed Dark Elf Shades are kitbashed from Wildwood Rangers and Black Ark Corsairs, with some command bits from Dark Riders.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

:pgabz: OATH COMPLETE :pgabz:

He's now an Ogre captain on chariot with magnetised left arm, shield

and crossbow

Might as well claim a challenge, his melee weapon is cobbled together from a skewer, a one handed sword, and a one handed axe, and placed in a drilled out hand where the sword used to be, and the crossbow is converted by having the right hand cut off of it from a regular two handed crossbow, plus he's a foot Ogre I went at with a dremel so he could fit onto the back of his new woolly rhino buddy

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

OK, Oathing for March is officially closed (as of an hour ago!) - the spreadsheet should now be all up to date, so it's a good time for people to have a check though and make sure I've not missed anything! https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1gyczYXjiTMPxtFrjYiqm1qJIQmj5hjevoWPDwos354w/edit?usp=sharing

A reminder of April's challenges:

quote:

April: Moneymoney! Tax time!
technical challenge: Tax break! Choose an intermediate or advanced technique that you aren't familiar with and haven't tried before, and do your best to practice! (we're not going to track who's done what)
theme challenge: paint a model that is directly involved with money in some way - it could be a market seller, dealer or pipe organist...even better if they're actually holding cash or you can paint money on them!

Don't forget to take a group shot of everything you oathed this year for All for One! You can use the spreadhseet to find links to your previous oaths.

quote:

All for One!
At the end of Oath Season (at the end of April 2016), take a picture of ALL the models you've painted during the year, INCLUDING your April Oath (if you Oath a model during April). Include links to all your oaths (use the '?' button in any of your posts) plus a list of all the models you painted. You WILL be impressed with how much you've painted during the year!

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)

Germ posted:

That turned out really cool! If you're planning on doing a lot more, consider picking up one of the Tentacle Makers from Greenstuff Industries. They make it dead simple to pump out great-looking maggots. I used them for my Nurgle bases:

great tip, my mind is flooded with ideas (not that I need more of those).

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Germ posted:

I'm incredibly cheap so I just use a comb for this. To be fair, the tentacle makers does have a bunch of options that I can't really replicate that way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011

Germ posted:

This might make for a fun conversion. Juggalos do share a number of features with Orks. Mostly fungus.

• Locked thread