Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

So I heard Beagle talking about some horrific new mod, in my best Bradford voice, what...happened?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Eimi posted:

So I heard Beagle talking about some horrific new mod, in my best Bradford voice, what...happened?

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

I sense a disturbance in the force. As if a thousand voices cried out in terror and were silenced.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013
Beagle has a soldier out for 72 days... LW would be proud.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Lmao, someone who really has a thing for sexy pirate ladies made an old school X-com total conversion set in post post X-com planet. Raid Advent remnants for supplies. Charge screaming, naked, tits flopping around, molotovs flying, at hapless civilians and security! Extort goods and ransom from local settlements! Run away from the fuzz when you attract too much attention!

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

Phobophilia posted:

Lmao, someone who really has a thing for sexy pirate ladies made an old school X-com total conversion set in post post X-com planet. Raid Advent remnants for supplies. Charge screaming, naked, tits flopping around, molotovs flying, at hapless civilians and security! Extort goods and ransom from local settlements! Run away from the fuzz when you attract too much attention!

I remember seeing this mod, and TBH it sounded so loving awesome that I was tempted to set it up for a game.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
yeah that premise sounds super awesome, but from the screenshots it looks like you've got to do some healthy aesthetic ignoring

so basically it's like if an anime game happens to be good

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Wow

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
If I owned the original xcom games I would check that out. How much are they on Steam?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Everything's coming up explodey!

Pillbug

I've just had an idea.

Bradtoids.
Just, whatever you did to create the Bradranger, do it to the sectoid model.

Bradkeepers.
Bradromedons.

It'll either be awful, or amazing and horrific.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Idea for a quality of life mod: An alert that pauses scanning once all your soldiers are healed and you have an engineer in the AWC so you can reassign them without letting them go idle.

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

I'd settle for an AWC or GTS mod that lets you train another rookie into a class.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT

I WANT TO SEE WHAT YOU GOT

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT

I WANT TO SEE WHAT YOU GOT

Oh man now I really want to see that mod

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Phobophilia posted:

lmao

edit:OH NOOOOOO gently caress gently caress DONT GIS THE drat THING LOOKING FOR STUFF TO LAUGH AT

Synthbuttrange fucked around with this message at 08:48 on Apr 1, 2016

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

That sectoid has the courtesy of doing a reach around at least.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Lprsti99 posted:

I've just had an idea.

Bradtoids.

Bradkeepers.
Bradromedons.

The Facefords. Bradopods.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Bradvent

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Find a way to rig the Bradopod so it does the smug grin animation that Bradford has when you get a flawless and he's a soldier on the mission too.

e: replace gremlins with bradford

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

This is rapidly becoming less XCOM and more a strange remake of Being John Malkovich.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

SynthOrange posted:

lmao

edit:OH NOOOOOO gently caress gently caress DONT GIS THE drat THING LOOKING FOR STUFF TO LAUGH AT

Yes right next to the Doom sprites there are the tits.

It is actually amazing how much work they put into making swimsuits have proper inventory slots.

Tad SG
Apr 16, 2003

Here are provided seats of meditative joy, where shall rise again the destined reign of Troy.
I am enjoying "Project: Put a Brad on it." Keep it up!

many johnnys
May 17, 2015

Lprsti99 posted:

I've just had an idea.

Bradtoids.

Bradkeepers.
Bradromedons.

A fleshey andromedon, with a bradford face where the glass bubble would be

Maluco Marinero
Jan 18, 2001

Damn that's a
fine elephant.
Slower progress on GW the last couple of days, only have two-three hours to work with at best, and sometimes I just feel like playing the game y'know. I think I've got it most of the way figured out how I'm going to make picking up Supply Crates work, unfortunately I will need to override all the land Parcel maps that Supply Raids use to drop in Objective Spawners instead, but hopefully the resulting mission will be pretty cool. A smash and grab where you can disable a distress beacon to delay reinforcements, and then quickly pull poo poo out of trucks to either extract with a Fulton Harness, or Evac out with the gear. Will be exciting to get it playable as its probably the biggest chunk of code blocking me finishing the playtesting alpha. I think it'll dramatically improve the mission compared to how safe and boring you can play Supply Raids currently.

In other news, sympathisers get theirs on Pudding Month.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxREraivvlY

Maluco Marinero fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Apr 1, 2016

Backhand
Sep 25, 2008
Bradford's head on Shen's body. Avatars replaced by the true pinnacle of human evolution - Bradford clones.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

BRADCOM 2

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

Someone make a mod that swaps all human and Faceless models.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Replace grenades with Bradfords. Replace the hologlobe with Bradford. Replace chryssalid cocoons with Bradford.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Replace Bradford with the avenger.

Ion Mage
Dec 21, 2006
Someone make a mod that gives all faceless bradford heads.

Exposure
Apr 4, 2014

RiotGearEpsilon posted:

If it scaled up with tech like Shredder did...

So I tried my hand at making Blast Padding work like this.

Apparently having an ability scale with armour tech level is far more difficult than making custom mission types. :shepicide:

fake edit: and literally as soon as I type that I figure out how to do it.

RiotGearEpsilon
Jun 26, 2005
SHAVE ME FROM MY SHELF

Exposure posted:

So I tried my hand at making Blast Padding work like this.

Apparently having an ability scale with armour tech level is far more difficult than making custom mission types. :shepicide:

fake edit: and literally as soon as I type that I figure out how to do it.

Thanks for taking a go at it. What was the trick to it?

vvvvvv- edit: Thanks, SynthOrange.

RiotGearEpsilon fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Apr 1, 2016

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Each item has a tier property. :v:

many johnnys
May 17, 2015

Is the extra 2-3 armor totally overpowered? I know the 1 point is laughable compared to taking shredder, but won't 2-3 make you impossibly strong? Especially with a WAR suit, giving you what, five armor? (two from war, three from blast padding?)

Maluco Marinero
Jan 18, 2001

Damn that's a
fine elephant.

many johnnys posted:

Is the extra 2-3 armor totally overpowered? I know the 1 point is laughable compared to taking shredder, but won't 2-3 make you impossibly strong? Especially with a WAR suit, giving you what, five armor? (two from war, three from blast padding?)

It would probably be better balanced if HP Values are lowered, and hits are more common. As it is armor is a nice to have due to the metric ton of HP Colonels end up rolling in. Put 5 armor pips on a soldier and they'd be competing with a Gatekeeper for damage sponging, which probably isn't right.

The enemies could probably do with some shredder abilities at that point.

RiotGearEpsilon
Jun 26, 2005
SHAVE ME FROM MY SHELF

many johnnys posted:

Plus one or two from the Plated Vest. (At that point, you should be trundling around the battlefield like the loving stay-puft marshmallow man.)

many johnnys
May 17, 2015

RiotGearEpsilon posted:

Plus one or two from the Plated Vest. (At that point, you should be trundling around the battlefield like the loving stay-puft marshmallow man.)

Didn't know about plated vests. Between that, blast padding, and war suits, you can have 3-4 points of armor unmodded already.

Exposure
Apr 4, 2014

RiotGearEpsilon posted:

Thanks for taking a go at it. What was the trick to it?

It was a bit of me overthinking it (I hadn't realized the persistent effect script already gave me the unitstate I needed for an embarrassingly long time), a bit having to experiment a lot to figure out how to actually get a soldier's current armour so I could check its tech level, and ended up finding the solution in how the game initially dresses up soldiers when they're generated.

It does come with the limitation that the UI isn't updated in the Avenger (the effect only seems to fire on the tactical map), but since I plan to have the bonuses from getting plated/powered armour be adjustable by ini anyway I don't consider that to be too big of a deal.

Also yeah it'll probably be unbalanced if it's just plopped into an otherwise unmodded game but I always considered that sort of thing as a "there's probably at least one mod you can use to make this feel less powerful." thing that's not too much of my concern. :v:

(He says, knowing that part of the reason he wanted to make this mod work is because he's unlocked the network tower mission in his Legend playthrough, and wants to know whether his difficulty mods can beat his top Grenadier when she's allowed to have as much armour as a sectopod)

fake edit: also plated vest just provides the one point of armour unless you have that mod that lets you make upgraded versions of vests and ammo ala the grenade -> bomb upgrades

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grizzwold
Jan 27, 2012

Posters off the pork bow!

Maluco Marinero posted:

It would probably be better balanced if HP Values are lowered, and hits are more common. As it is armor is a nice to have due to the metric ton of HP Colonels end up rolling in. Put 5 armor pips on a soldier and they'd be competing with a Gatekeeper for damage sponging, which probably isn't right.

The enemies could probably do with some shredder abilities at that point.

I know I've seen some enemies shred armor already. I think MECs and I want to say mutons do it?