Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

To be fair a 79 year old birdwatcher did kick one of their asses pretty extremely.

What is this in reference to?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

The point of a meme is to be so brief that it can be memorized easily. Posting paragraph-sized screeds don't work.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Alan Smithee posted:

What is this in reference to?

There was an article where a 79 year old bird watcher puts one of these chuckle fucks on his back.

IIRC it was from the Canadian version of the Onion and not real.

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
"Listen, you know those guys you just arrested on federal conspiracy charges for occupying the wildlife refuge? The one that ended in an armed standoff with the place being trashed and occupiers sending messages to kill cops and live-streaming their suicide threats? Well, we're part of the same group, and we feel awful about the mess. Now, we still believe that our cause was righteous and the federal government is an illegal corporation that has stolen the land that rightfully belongs to the people, but we wanted to offer to clean up the mess they made. No charge. So, uh... just hand over the keys and, uh, we'll get right to work."
<click>
"I think they hung-up!"

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

cumshitter posted:

Whoa I thought I had my monitor off for a second.

Also just a reminder that Ammon Bundy is a used car salesman. As someone who worked in vehicle financing I can assure you that this is absolute proof that he is human filth.

I just got out of the auction business and used car salesmen are loving assholes

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

I can't tell if this is supposed to be serious or funny and its breaking my brain.

Setset
Apr 14, 2012
Grimey Drawer

VikingSkull posted:

I just got out of the auction business and used car salesmen are loving assholes

The thing where some charge a $2000 "loan acquiring fee" on top of the interest and try to hide it in the monthly payment is pretty scummy and should be illegal, imo

derail: I needed a $3,000 loan for a car, poo poo credit so what, it was going to cost nearly $10,000 by the time they added all of their fees, spread it out over 5 years, and what not. Even with 25% interest it should have only been around $5k based on my highly intellectual math. gently caress those guys

Setset has issued a correction as of 17:13 on Apr 1, 2016

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Ninkobei posted:

The thing where some charge a $2000 "loan acquiring fee" on top of the interest and try to hide it in the monthly payment is pretty scummy and should be illegal, imo

They do this partially because the business financing the vehicle often charges some sort of fee or pays the dealership less than 100% of the amount financed, or both. The lower your credit the bigger the cut. Also just because it means more money for them regardless.

I had one dealership where the sales guy sold vehicles to three of his own employees, all of whom he hosed over with bullshit fees like $500 for transport. For a single dealership with no sister stores.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
To be fair, it can cost upwards of a thousand dollars to ship a car coast to coast, so if that car was bought online through an auction app it's not terribly shady.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
In my case they were motorcycles purchased on the lot. The place I worked for is known in the motorcycle community for being especially predatory in the scattering of states it operates in.

A year after I left one of the dealerships I worked with was mentioned in the news. A crazy guy had shot someone to death with a pistol he'd received as a promotional bonus with the purchase of his motorcycle.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
It gets shadier when it gets into toy territory.

Bikes, boats, ATV's.... you don't need that poo poo and they prey on emotions way more.

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

Rebel Blob posted:

I wonder if anyone could manage to knock it into the heads of the Bundy clan that their vaunted freedom comes at the expense of others, or are they too dim to see beyond their self-interest.

cumshitter posted:

They are the reason government exists. They are the modern example of the rapey, violent caveman that made everyone come together so they could chase them off with sticks.

Geostomp posted:

If you don't believe that, see their father's three point "philosophy" where essentially you get to keep whatever you take and use. So if someone, say, a redneck with a gun decides to move in and take your home while you're on vacation, it's your fault for not being strong enough to defend it. Naturally, this only applies when they are the ones doing the taking. Anybody trying this on them is an evil tyrant.

They are exactly the sort of knuckle-dragging overgrown schoolyard bullies you think they are.
This exchange was hilarious and made my day, thanks.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

A Winner is Jew posted:

There was an article where a 79 year old bird watcher puts one of these chuckle fucks on his back.

IIRC it was from the Canadian version of the Onion and not real.

Even if it isn't true, it ought to be.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

poo poo like this makes me happier that he died like bitch.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Reposting this breakdown of a video Finicum made where he explains his "Claim, Use, Defend" beliefs. The man was an rear end in a top hat and a coward and a bully on top of that. I'm convinced at this point that he wanted the OSP to shoot him, and that's why he continuously pretended to pull his gun. The man was either an immense coward or a huge rear end in a top hat who forced someone else to be complicit in his suicide. And he certainly was willing to die if some of the language he used in his previous videos is any indication.

I can link the video again if anyone is interested but I'm on my phone. It's on the first page of my posts if you click the ?

Here’s the Cliff Notes version of Mr. Finicum’s video. Rights are established by three actions: claim, use, defend. Analogy given: You are first in line at the DMV, you say loudly that you are first in line and fight with anyone who challenges your place in line. (Although he doesn’t touch on what happens when you lose the challenge, we can presume that the “winner” gets the place in line). Otherwise known as “might makes right”. Finicum states that this “might makes right” doctrine precedes the Constitution in the form of some vague natural law (aka “brute force”). All of this doctrine is consistent with how the Native Americans were treated by settlers. They failed to defend with sufficient strength and lost their rights. Finicum’s beef (pun intended) is that a claimant of superior strength, the federal government, is now taking his “rights”. Finicum is essentially whining about being on the losing end of his own cherished doctrine (and, oddly, invoking the Constitution which he has just declared is not the source of his rights). Then there is the specious argument that introducing a foreign animal to the environment so it can utilize what is perceived to be an underused resource, grass, grants the rancher and his foreign livestock rights which supersede those people who had been in line for thousands of years and have a different view of the use of the resource. This is as logical as a saying that a coal company can simply claim Finicum’s ranch and exploit the coal underneath it by a: claiming it, b: using it and c: defending it. By Finicum’s logic, anyone with a big enough stick can take his land to use for whatever purpose they want, as long as their stick is big enough.

Finicum’s “claim, use and defend” is a painfully simplistic maxim for a long bygone era of cavemen and medieval kings and is antithetical to American values, the Constitution, rule of law, etc.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

cumshitter posted:

Reposting this breakdown of a video Finicum made where he explains his "Claim, Use, Defend" beliefs. The man was an rear end in a top hat and a coward and a bully on top of that. I'm convinced at this point that he wanted the OSP to shoot him, and that's why he continuously pretended to pull his gun. The man was either an immense coward or a huge rear end in a top hat who forced someone else to be complicit in his suicide. And he certainly was willing to die if some of the language he used in his previous videos is any indication.

I can link the video again if anyone is interested but I'm on my phone. It's on the first page of my posts if you click the ?

Here’s the Cliff Notes version of Mr. Finicum’s video. Rights are established by three actions: claim, use, defend. Analogy given: You are first in line at the DMV, you say loudly that you are first in line and fight with anyone who challenges your place in line. (Although he doesn’t touch on what happens when you lose the challenge, we can presume that the “winner” gets the place in line). Otherwise known as “might makes right”. Finicum states that this “might makes right” doctrine precedes the Constitution in the form of some vague natural law (aka “brute force”). All of this doctrine is consistent with how the Native Americans were treated by settlers. They failed to defend with sufficient strength and lost their rights. Finicum’s beef (pun intended) is that a claimant of superior strength, the federal government, is now taking his “rights”. Finicum is essentially whining about being on the losing end of his own cherished doctrine (and, oddly, invoking the Constitution which he has just declared is not the source of his rights). Then there is the specious argument that introducing a foreign animal to the environment so it can utilize what is perceived to be an underused resource, grass, grants the rancher and his foreign livestock rights which supersede those people who had been in line for thousands of years and have a different view of the use of the resource. This is as logical as a saying that a coal company can simply claim Finicum’s ranch and exploit the coal underneath it by a: claiming it, b: using it and c: defending it. By Finicum’s logic, anyone with a big enough stick can take his land to use for whatever purpose they want, as long as their stick is big enough.

Finicum’s “claim, use and defend” is a painfully simplistic maxim for a long bygone era of cavemen and medieval kings and is antithetical to American values, the Constitution, rule of law, etc.

yeah link it. His values remind of an edgy nerdy kid in high school and or hitler.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

cumshitter posted:

So basically he made a word salad that ended up being "I'm always the winner without question." You know, maybe he didn't commit suicide via cop. Maybe this rear end in a top hat suddenly thought if he wished really hard that he was going to outdraw them all and show off his inherent superiority. Then died like an rear end in a top hat in a snowbank.

You know, the government should really make an example of these yokel fucks. Just point out that they're braindead assholes parse anything to justify their 'inherent superiority' when in reality they're so useless that they're doing the world a service by living in the sticks to rot on the vine.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
I really think he thought he could shoot his way out of it

The man was retarded, y'all

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON
Didn't he write a novella where the based on him main character skillfully cross-draws on a pair of federal agents and shoots both of them?

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Geoj posted:

Didn't he write a novella where the based on him main character skillfully cross-draws on a pair of federal agents and shoots both of them?

3 of them. They're dead before they realise he cleared leather.

Bombadilillo has issued a correction as of 03:59 on Apr 2, 2016

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Geoj posted:

I'm pretty sure that was the dramatic ending. Like he just shoots two federal agents and walks away free, the end.

edit: yep here it is

https://twitter.com/JimDalrympleII/status/692199912319127553/

Shalebridge Cradle has issued a correction as of 03:46 on Apr 2, 2016

trauma llama
Jun 16, 2015
Dude writes Fallout fan fiction. Thinks it's his autobiography. These are signs of a sane and not a all delusional man.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~
Given his writings and his general delusional nature, I sincerely doubt that Finicum thought it was even possible for him to lose that confrontation. He sincerely thought that he'd outrun or outgun the feds and got a taste of cold, hard reality bleeding out. Tarp Man probably spent his last moments thinking that the shooters cheated him out of his grand moment.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

I think he said "You'll have to shoot me!" like ten times before they shot him, I'm pretty sure he was trying to earn his 77 holsteins in heaven.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Just want to preface this by saying that summary wasn't mine, but here's the video it's summarizing. The standing in line metaphor begins around 12:30. Also flies keep buzzing around the camera which adds a great soundtrack to it.

I'm no psychologist but the dude was expressing what sounded to me like really suicidal thoughts in this video, which was released by his family as something that was supposed to make law enforcement sound bad. The first four minutes or so are like a cheap negative political ad and then the rest is LaVoy doing his classic "Let me crouch right here and learn ya somethin' 'bout freedom." Like the rural Mormon SovCit version of sitting backwards in a chair and trying to rap with urban youth.

These are the suicidal parts I picked up on in the video, which is pretty much a call to arms to defend some vague notion of freedom.

5:24 "We need to take care of those we love. We need to have our houses in order. We need to have our relationships in order. We never know how many days we have upon this -on God's green earth here. We need to make the best of each and every one of them."

8:45 "50 million people like me willing to put their lives on the line."

9:05 "I plan to live the rest of my life as a free man. May be long, may be short."

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Was "youre wasting your oxygen son" in his dumb book?

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

I can't possibly imagine why they wouldn't want more of the same kind of people showing up that they had just finally gotten rid of.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Geoj posted:

Lol :gonk:

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Geoj posted:

doves flew out to the sky

everyone clapped

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

FIRST TIME posted:

I can't possibly imagine why they wouldn't want more of the same kind of people showing up that they had just finally gotten rid of.

I'm sure these are the kind of people who hate charity and think that if they offer to do something for free you're obligated to accept and be drat thankful and if those uppity negroes poors would just be left to starve they might be encouraged to actually work for a drat living instead of begging for handouts paid for by my tax dollars!!!

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

FIRST TIME posted:

They can't seem to wrap their minds around the idea that they aren't the heroes and that people don't actually like or support them.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
http://www.twitter.com/Paulmd199/status/716052148933427200

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

The 'not maximum' part is the shocker. The Bundys themselves are looking at being in prison until they're put in the ground. Heck, most of the other ones aren't that far off from being life sentences either, considering they've racked up decades of prison time.

I sincerely hope their families thought this was worth it.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

lol @ calling the audubon society environmental extremists. you have to be pretty out of this world to believe that. like, spinning out of earth orbit on a shrieking comet made of irrational anger, straight for the hatesun

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Mr. Pumroy posted:

lol @ calling the audubon society environmental extremists. you have to be pretty out of this world to believe that. like, spinning out of earth orbit on a shrieking comet made of irrational anger, straight for the hatesun

The hilarious side effect of needing to be constantly persecuted: tilting at those little daisy windmills you get at a local hardware store on sale.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Shalebridge Cradle posted:

I'm pretty sure that was the dramatic ending. Like he just shoots two federal agents and walks away free, the end.

edit: yep here it is

https://twitter.com/JimDalrympleII/status/692199912319127553/

that explains his actions and motions in the video. he was trying to out draw/fake out the cops like clint eastwood. loving dumbass.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

did you make this or get it from somewhere?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Ritzheimer got himself a theft charge that most of the others managed to dodge. I wonder what he took.