Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."

Testekill posted:

According to champion data; out of the 100 top players for disposals, Cotchin has the 8th lowest average metres gained per kick with only 22 metres. That's also not counting the chipping sideways/backwards and his pointless little 1-2's that exist only to pad his stats.

It's ok it's ok he'll be a Brownlow medalist in a month or two

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

hiddenmovement posted:

It's ok it's ok he'll be a Brownlow medalist in a month or two

I'd rather Watson keep it. Sure he was on PED's but at least he's not Cotchin.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
I'm almost offended by the idea that Mitchell has to share one with him.

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say

Windmill Hut posted:

Cotchin has 38 touches

what the gently caress hahah

Grumio
Sep 20, 2001

in culina est
shaking my drat head

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

Someone on reddit said that both the Tigers and the Pies used up 60 interchanges each in the first half out of the total of 90.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
My favourite bit was when the Tigers marked it inside fifty and instead of slowing the game down decided a rushed chipped high pass to a contest was the better option

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Testekill posted:

I'd rather Watson keep it. Sure he was on PED's but at least he's not Cotchin.

You can't give it to Cotchin. It's for the Best and Fairest. Cotchin wasn't the best, and Watson wasn't the fairest. Strip Watson, no winner.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

hiddenmovement posted:

Someone on reddit said that both the Tigers and the Pies used up 60 interchanges each in the first half out of the total of 90.

Pretty sure it was 58-60 at 3/4 time?

Weird Sandwich
Dec 28, 2011

FIRE FIRE FIRE hehehehe!
Seems like Richmond is on track to not win a final this year as well.

Cocksmith
Dec 28, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
when cotchin first came into the league people were raving about his kicking but for the life of me i've never understood why.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

The Deadly Hume posted:

Yeah, you go three goals up with 5 minutes to go, you try and lock poo poo up, not keep creating 50/50 situations.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mafwq0zydm8

This was 4 goddamn years ago and they haven't learnt a loving thing

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Jack Riewoldt might be a petulant brat half the time but just make him the goddamn captain already Richmond. He actually gives a poo poo out there

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Solemn Sloth posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mafwq0zydm8

This was 4 goddamn years ago and they haven't learnt a loving thing
Don't take your foot off the accelerator when your opponent is geared up?

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

As we established previously, Cotchin is quite easily the most overrated player in the AFL ever.

Just put an asterisk next to Jobe's name and be done with it. If they give it to Cotchin the Brownlow is dead to me.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Solemn Sloth posted:

Pretty sure it was 58-60 at 3/4 time?

They definitely announced that at 3/4 time, those exact numbers.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

They flashed the numbers up at half time as well and they were both in the mid-30s then.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Heath Hocking commits to Essendon after ban is served - AFL.com.au

stockholm_syndrome.txt

also: if you're reading this and you're one of the people with the "Stop The Mosques" sign at the MCG tonight? Do the world a favour and set yourself on fire.

I know it's none of you guys, you're all actually really chill bros :)

Memento fucked around with this message at 13:16 on Apr 1, 2016

Weird Sandwich
Dec 28, 2011

FIRE FIRE FIRE hehehehe!
Hardwicks press conference: "April Fools!"

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Supposedly Hurley isn't training with the rest of the banned group, if true, then he could be an easy target away from the herd

Weird Sandwich
Dec 28, 2011

FIRE FIRE FIRE hehehehe!

NTRabbit posted:

Supposedly Hurley isn't training with the rest of the banned group, if true, then he could be an easy target away from the Hird

ftfy

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:

Memento posted:

also: if you're reading this and you're one of the people with the "Stop The Mosques" sign at the MCG tonight? Do the world a favour and set yourself on fire.

The banner also had UPF written in the corners in a shocking twist

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

The fact that this Essendon saga continues to drudge up headlines is... Abshird.

:suicide:

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

https://twitter.com/FOXFootyLive/status/715876402000625664

Diet Crack posted:

The fact that this Essendon saga continues to drudge up headlines is... Abshird.

:suicide:

Hird enough already? :downsrim:

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011

quote:

McGuire said those who displayed the banner were not necessarily Collingwood fans.
They were opportunists who had used the occasion to spread a "disgraceful" message, he said.

:fuckoff:

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

It's a bit hard to get stuck into Eddie for that, he's got every right to distance himself from right wing extremists

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!
If they've got more teeth than brain cells they're collingwood fans

Negligent
Aug 20, 2013

Its just lovely here this time of year.
fremantle claimed the fan who punched a woman at a game wasn't a member, so obvs that makes it all better

p.s. the guy is in jail now

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

:swoon:FYFE:swoon:
New season. Same Richmond.

DAAS Kapitalist
Nov 9, 2005

Jackass: The Mad Monk

Don't try this at home.
You can get stuck into Eddie for that because he's still denying that a large section of his supporters are racist arseholes, just like he did when they booed Adam Goodes. If he really wanted to distance himself from racist thugs and right wing extremists he could ban them from games. The stands might be a bit empty at Collingwood games.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads

Negligent posted:

fremantle claimed the fan who punched a woman at a game wasn't a member, so obvs that makes it all better

p.s. the guy is in jail now

He wasn't a member, but the club never denied he was a fan, he was wearing a club jumper during the assault.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

DAAS Kapitalist posted:

You can get stuck into Eddie for that because he's still denying that a large section of his supporters are racist arseholes, just like he did when they booed Adam Goodes. If he really wanted to distance himself from racist thugs and right wing extremists he could ban them from games. The stands might be a bit empty at all AFL games.

Slight adjustment.

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011

hiddenmovement posted:

It's a bit hard to get stuck into Eddie for that, he's got every right to distance himself from right wing extremists
True, but he did it in the most Collingwood of ways imo

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.

NTRabbit posted:

Supposedly Hurley isn't training with the rest of the banned group, if true, then he could be an easy target away from the herd

I heard something about Hurley having injured himself and not training. I guess that's the downside of ...well, one of the many downsides of training alone, you're not in a structure protected environment. Which...is ironic because it's probably safer than the "structured protected environment" of 2012.

Also...207 new posts and Melbourne wasn't even playing! lol Richmond. I was seeing a friend who is over from England and she was asking about football, I was showing her the app and Richmond were like 15 points up half way through the last and I said "so they're the exact sort of team who will lose this" ...cheers Richmond, you might let your own down constantly but you don't let me down!

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Diet Crack posted:

As we established previously, Cotchin is quite easily the most overrated player in the AFL ever.

Just put an asterisk next to Jobe's name and be done with it. If they give it to Cotchin the Brownlow is dead to me.

Nah, pretty sure Cotchin and Mitchell were tied for second.

Im still salty because I had a cheeky $50 at good odds for Mitchell to win, and he was beaten by a drug cheat.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Memento posted:

Heath Hocking commits to Essendon after ban is served - AFL.com.au

stockholm_syndrome.txt

I know it's none of you guys, you're all actually really chill bros :)

Solemn Sloth posted:

#hockholmsyndrome

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Andy Fleming (who incidentally is a Pies fan, oddly enough) is on the warpath.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

New Essendon Club Song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Psm96Dn9KII&t=17s

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Ahh gently caress that's what I get for sitting on the couch with my wife to watch the game instead of sitting on the internet with you lot. Not just beaten to the joke, but you made it better than me!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Diet Crack posted:

gently caress that, Mitchell should be a Brownlow medallist.

• Locked thread