Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Quest For Glory II posted:

I wonder if they'll add 'missions' only for upcoming game releases or if they'll go back to older games. Splatoon seems like a no-brainer to have My Nintendo missions. It would also be a quasi way of being like "yeah your old purchases don't count but here's a way you can get something out of them"

I'm going to bet none of that happens until the NX so they can plan ahead for it rather than try to go back and put it into a bunch of existing software. So look forward to the Reach S+ Rank achievement in Spla2ne

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Just give me loving trophies already

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I searched my email account and found that my nintendo code, they sent it last night around 8 when i signed up, so search your inbox in case it got tagged as spam

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Katana Gomai posted:

Just give me loving trophies already

Me too. I want a platinum for all those ball busting final levels in Mario games I've beaten

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Question: does sales tax factor in to getting rewards from My Nintendo? I don't have sales tax on digital purchases in Missouri, so $4.99 virtual console games get me nothing. But in states with tax, will that $5.23 (or whatever) purchase count as "over $5" and get Gold Points?

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
IGN interviewed Bill Trinen on their mobile strategy. Nothing interesting except for this:

IGN posted:

“Initially, the focus is going to be on digital,” Trinen says, “but we do have a lot of ideas for what roll out down the road for packaged goods or real world interactions. I think we’ll continue to look at My Nintendo and how we can grow that as a rewards program, so that it really is trying to encompass all the different touch points of how people come into contact with Nintendo products.”

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

jivjov posted:

Question: does sales tax factor in to getting rewards from My Nintendo? I don't have sales tax on digital purchases in Missouri, so $4.99 virtual console games get me nothing. But in states with tax, will that $5.23 (or whatever) purchase count as "over $5" and get Gold Points?

It says tax not included I believe.

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

For Blood, Comic Mischief, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence.

Online Interactions Not Rated.

Slur posted:

I did not get a code for being a former Club Nintendo member.

Me neither. :shrug:

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Amusingly enough, my throwaway CN American account did get an email with a code. Nothing on my actual CN European account that had more poo poo registered than most governmental inventories.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

My code arrived a full day after the whole thing went live.

Reward games are listed as available until summer, but the 3DS themes will be gone on the 1st of May.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

hopeandjoy posted:

It says tax not included I believe.

Gotcha. So all the $4.99 eshop titles are completely reward-less.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

jivjov posted:

Only if you consider the fact that you are getting a great game for your Nintendo console not rewarding in and of itself. And if you're buying the game, you probably do, so it's kind of disingenuous to say that.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Maybe jivjov is going through a bad boy phase

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Agrias120 posted:

Only if you consider the fact that you are getting a great game for your Nintendo console not rewarding in and of itself. And if you're buying the game, you probably do, so it's kind of disingenuous to say that.

My Nintendo reward-less. Sorry, I thought that was clear.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

jivjov posted:

Why would you expect this? Just because you buy a game does not entitle you to free rewards.

A few coins would be nice, but expecting stuff for free seems ridiculous to me.

(Did you see what I did there?)

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

jivjov posted:

Buying a game for $4.99 does not entitle you to an equal number of points as $5.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I'm reporting all of you for grand theft gimmick

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
I wasn't expecting any sort of entitlement. I was merely seeking clarification. I'm fine with the lack of reward points on $4.99 games, as the listed price brackets bottom out at $5. I just didn't know if sales tax would play a role at all.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

hmmmm... does nintendo sell any games for exactly $5?

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Pablo Gigante posted:

Buying a game for $4.99 does not entitle you to an equal number of points as $5.

It's not so much buying a game as it is compensating Nintendo for offering you the opportunity to give them some of your money. To expect another reward on top of that beautiful flaxen-haired opportunity seems obscenely greedy.

Damonic
Jan 17, 2006
I can't get Miitomo to link with My Nintendo. When I sign in and press the OK button, a tab opens and it just says "err_connection_refused". I've tried this on 4 different browsers.

I just want my coins. :(

edit: I did a factory reset on my phone and it worked.

Damonic fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Apr 1, 2016

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

mikeycp posted:

30 bux. It's very worth it, IMO.

Get it and show us your apple!

I most certainly will, once my employers manage to schedule me for anything. I was hired just as their location was being bought out, which has apparently been a wee bit of a clusterfuck.

Scaly Haylie fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Apr 1, 2016

Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

Yr sister is a beauty when she's naked
Grimey Drawer
Just dropping in to say Zelda picross rules.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
I received an email form Nintendo "Miitomo, My Nintendo, and bonus Platinum Points!" It has a code in it for more platinum points, where do I enter this code?

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time

Medium Cool posted:

Just dropping in to say Zelda picross rules.

The stylus control scheme is infuriating, though. Once you press up on the D-pad, it locks you into the box placing mode, and then to get out of it to place exes you have to press up to exit boxes mode and then press down to enter exes mode. It is the worst and I am dying.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Spacebump posted:

I received an email form Nintendo "Miitomo, My Nintendo, and bonus Platinum Points!" It has a code in it for more platinum points, where do I enter this code?

Click on menu in the upper left corner of my nintendo then click redeem a point code

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Tempura Wizard posted:

The stylus control scheme is infuriating, though. Once you press up on the D-pad, it locks you into the box placing mode, and then to get out of it to place exes you have to press up to exit boxes mode and then press down to enter exes mode. It is the worst and I am dying.

You don't have to leave box mode to enter cross mode. You can hold your thumb on the circle pad and just shift up and down.

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time

elf help book posted:

You don't have to leave box mode to enter cross mode. You can hold your thumb on the circle pad and just shift up and down.

I must be doing something wrong because it's not like the e-series or Pokemon where you have to hold the D-pad's direction in order to place anything which is a good design, IMO

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

is there any way of having gold points transfer to platinum points? god damnit i am 100 away from WarioWare Touched

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

1) zelda picross is indeed great which is a pleasant thing to say after the disaster that was pokemon picross. I'm getting tired how every single picross game starts with an unskippable tutorial but that's just something I guess I'll have to learn to deal with since it's probably never going to change. I super appreciate how many options there are in this game with being able to turn off hints. everything off supremacy.

2) never use stylus control for picross games

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Kaubocks posted:

1) zelda picross is indeed great which is a pleasant thing to say after the disaster that was pokemon picross. I'm getting tired how every single picross game starts with an unskippable tutorial but that's just something I guess I'll have to learn to deal with since it's probably never going to change. I super appreciate how many options there are in this game with being able to turn off hints. everything off supremacy.

What

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Wouldn't using buttons for picross add like 2 minutes to every puzzle because you're having to move the cursor to each square like a chump

Stylus controls allow me to complete puzzles in lightning speed with ultimate precison

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

I'm way more precise with buttons

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Button mode is way faster for anything bigger than 10x10 imo.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Clearing all the time challenges in pokemon picross was pretty easy with stylus

Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

Yr sister is a beauty when she's naked
Grimey Drawer

Kaubocks posted:

You can skip the tutorials by hitting the button in the top right corner of the touch screen. Those were definitely annoying. And yeah, I started with Mario picross so I'm used to button controls.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Medium Cool posted:

You can skip the tutorials by hitting the button in the top right corner of the touch screen.

:doh:

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
There a picross game on WiiU this week too. PixlCross. I just noticed it and gave it a try. The interface sucks, and there are inexplicable load times, and you have to zoom in on 15 by 15s for no discernible reason, but there are a poo poo ton of puzzles, up to 35 by 35, you can make your own and download from Miiverse.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

greatn posted:

There a picross game on WiiU this week too. PixlCross. I just noticed it and gave it a try. The interface sucks, and there are inexplicable load times, and you have to zoom in on 15 by 15s for no discernible reason, but there are a poo poo ton of puzzles, up to 35 by 35, you can make your own and download from Miiverse.

Just looked it up... Is this made by the same people who made Paint It Back? I couldn't really get into that game for some reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Not having a smartphone is killing me on this My Nintendo stuff.