Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

Syrinxx posted:

People who have quick charge :smugdog:

Yeah, quick charge is so great and now that I have a quick charge battery pack as well as a quick charger in my laptop bag, car and house, if I don't charge at night it's not a big deal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ralphus
Dec 15, 2003

Forever_Peace posted:

drat, the screen protector I ordered doesn't actually fit the screen. Can somebody recommend me one for the Moto X Pure?

I've had a Pleson tempered glass protector on my X Pure for ~5 months now, no problems with it at all and it was like $8 at amazon.

TollTheHounds
Mar 23, 2006

He died for your sins...

Syrinxx posted:

BottleKnight posted:

Yeah, quick charge is so great and now that I have a quick charge battery pack as well as a quick charger in my laptop bag, car and house, if I don't charge at night it's not a big deal.

I have QC too, but I still don't understand why you wouldn't just plug your phone in at night. You're not using it, so it's the perfect time to charge it. Why would you leave it while you're sleeping and not touching your phone, and then wake up and plug it in before you go? Is it like some sort of weird power play where because you CAN, you do, even if it really offers no benefit to your lifestyle? Is there some great trial with plugging your phone in at night? :confused:

CheddarGoblin
Jan 12, 2005
oh

TollTheHounds posted:

I have QC too, but I still don't understand why you wouldn't just plug your phone in at night. You're not using it, so it's the perfect time to charge it. Why would you leave it while you're sleeping and not touching your phone, and then wake up and plug it in before you go? Is it like some sort of weird power play where because you CAN, you do, even if it really offers no benefit to your lifestyle? Is there some great trial with plugging your phone in at night? :confused:

because sometimes people forget? are you really confused about this? it's the difference between being tethered to a charger all day if you forgot to charge overnight, or just charging while you shower and being good to go.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

TollTheHounds posted:

I've never even heard or known of anyone ( in real life ) who doesn't leave their phone plugged in at night, and have been doing so since my first cell phone 15 years ago or whatever. Not plugging your phone it at night for fear the battery will die, which is contrary to ( anecdotally ) 99% of cell phone owners, is one of the most goony things I have ever seen on these forums. Plug your phone it at night, it takes literally 2 seconds. Be a normal.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

TollTheHounds posted:

95% of the time I do. But if I end up not doing it due to logistics, laziness, etc... it's not a huge deal (especially now with Doze!) and I love that.

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Yes this

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

I'm so sad mine is sitting unused now

Google :argh:

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

Skarsnik posted:

yeah :(

On a related note, anyone want to buy 2 gently used Tylt Vus?

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

I usually don't charge mine at night these days because it has enough juice to last and I have sleepy person mishaps when a phone is plugged into a cord that is just not long enough.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

It's great that I don't have to plug in my s7 Edge if I forget but I'm not going to burn through charging cycles by leaving it unplugged at night on purpose.

TollTheHounds
Mar 23, 2006

He died for your sins...

n.. posted:

because sometimes people forget? are you really confused about this? it's the difference between being tethered to a charger all day if you forgot to charge overnight, or just charging while you shower and being good to go.

I'm not talking about people forgetting, I'm talking about someone specifically and intentionally not plugging their phone when sleeping for ~reasons~. In that respect, I am genuinely confused why someone would intentionally not charge their phone while they are sleeping - not because you must due to the time it would take to charge ( I don't think there are any 8 hour charging times left w/ modern phones ), but because it just makes sense! You're not using your phone, why wouldn't you charge it?

Unless you are forgetting constantly, and in that case I'm probably the :spergin: because I can only think of 1 time in the past several months where I actually did forget to plug it in. Maybe Big Plug has so brainwashed me to always charge at night that I cannot imagine a world in which you don't charge during sleep.

BottleKnight posted:

95% of the time I do. But if I end up not doing it due to logistics, laziness, etc... it's not a huge deal (especially now with Doze!) and I love that.

See this is normal.

Squatch Ambassador
Nov 12, 2008

What? Never seen a shaved Squatch before?

Skarsnik posted:

Mine sits on my desk at work and only gets used when I forget to charge my Moto 360 overnight.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Syrinxx posted:

You recommended a BLU phone, you don't get to post in here anymore. :frogout:

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

Hungry Computer posted:

Mine sits on my desk at work and only gets used when I forget to charge my Moto 360 overnight.

My Tylt is sitting in the backseat of my car. I sometimes hear gentle sobs coming from it.

Having burned 60% of my battery this morning QC was great to give it a boost. But it would still be nice to have both.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Athenry posted:

On a related note, anyone want to buy 2 gently used Tylt Vus?

I kinda do!!

mugrim
Mar 2, 2007

The same eye cannot both look up to heaven and down to earth.

TollTheHounds posted:

I've never even heard or known of anyone ( in real life ) who doesn't leave their phone plugged in at night, and have been doing so since my first cell phone 15 years ago or whatever. Not plugging your phone it at night for fear the battery will die, which is contrary to ( anecdotally ) 99% of cell phone owners, is one of the most goony things I have ever seen on these forums. Plug your phone it at night, it takes literally 2 seconds. Be a normal.

When I had my Moto E (2nd Gen) and I went away on a weekend trip, I'd go without a charger. It was nice having one less thing to bring. My Moto G (3rd Gen) can't do that unfortunately and I do miss that functionality.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

TollTheHounds posted:

I'm not talking about people forgetting, I'm talking about someone specifically and intentionally not plugging their phone when sleeping for ~reasons~. In that respect, I am genuinely confused why someone would intentionally not charge their phone while they are sleeping - not because you must due to the time it would take to charge ( I don't think there are any 8 hour charging times left w/ modern phones ), but because it just makes sense! You're not using your phone, why wouldn't you charge it?

Maybe they want to keep the phone by the bed, but they don't have a charger there? Or they want to be able to pick it up without messing with wires. If you can fully charge your phone while you're in the bathroom then maybe that's the better option for some people!

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

I'll admit it was a bit of a transition going from a crappy $20 flip phone that I had to charge like once every two weeks to a Nexus 6 which needs to be charged daily, but it's not really a big deal. Honestly, as long as people haven't formed their ideas about battery technology in the Victorian era, I don't really care when and how they charge their phones.

(Actually, it doesn't affect me in any way even then, but when has that ever mattered?)

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Hold the phone Mabel. Are there really no emojis on the stock Google keyboard? That's kinda.. disgraceful

JayKay
Sep 11, 2001

And you thought they were cute and cuddly.

Is anyone using a wearable NFC accessory (Ring, Wristband, etc.) as a Smart Lock object? I'm thinking about picking up a ring to use in conjunction with my N6.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
Is there a charger out there that I can operate kinetically? Like instead of using a wall outlet or a usb port on my computer, I'd just turn a crank or shake it something. Something I can use in a power outage or if I'm away from home to charge my phone, basically. Where the limit to my phone's battery life is how long I can make jacking-off motions.

I'd try searching for this myself but I have no idea how to limit the search to get this kind of thing, and if I could I'd still don't know if one works.

spoof
Jul 8, 2004

codo27 posted:

Hold the phone Mabel. Are there really no emojis on the stock Google keyboard? That's kinda.. disgraceful

Long-press on the Return button if it's not on the bottom right by default. Whether it's the emoji button or Return seems to be app-specific.

spoof
Jul 8, 2004

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

Is there a charger out there that I can operate kinetically? Like instead of using a wall outlet or a usb port on my computer, I'd just turn a crank or shake it something. Something I can use in a power outage or if I'm away from home to charge my phone, basically. Where the limit to my phone's battery life is how long I can make jacking-off motions.

I'd try searching for this myself but I have no idea how to limit the search to get this kind of thing, and if I could I'd still don't know if one works.

Try 'hand crank usb charger'. The reviews for the ones on Amazon aren't great.

On Terra Firma
Feb 12, 2008

I think there are solar powered phone chargers out there.

nocal
Mar 7, 2007

On Terra Firma posted:

I think there are solar powered phone chargers out there.

Ok true, sure, but the poster would really like to harness some JO motions please.

nimper
Jun 19, 2003

livin' in a hopium den

http://www.amazon.com/American-Cross-Weather-Smartphone-Charger/dp/B007KFLVTM?ie=UTF8&keywords=frx3&qid=1459519745&ref_=sr_1_1&sr=8-1

On Terra Firma
Feb 12, 2008

nocal posted:

Ok true, sure, but the poster would really like to harness some JO motions please.

nothing stopping him from jerking off to the sun.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

That does exactly what I had in mind, and I can save the jacking off for actual jacking off!

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

On Terra Firma posted:

nothing stopping him from jerking off to the sun.

Other than being out in the sunlight tending to require being in publicly visible areas

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum
My Z3 Compact decided to die after some righteous abuse last year, and wow is the android compact market disappointing right now. The only handset out there with comparable battery life and camera quality to the Z3C is....the Z3C, which Sony discontinued to bolster sales of the grossly inferior M4 Aqua and thus remaining NOS handsets now cost as much as they did at retail 2 years ago.

I can't justify dropping nearly $700 CAD on a two year old phone, but the thought of upsizing to a phablet like the S7 Edge is abhorrent. Ugh. I wish manufacturers could get it together.

:negative:

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
There's a Z5C, if it fits the bill.

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum
Doesn't work on my carrier up here in Canada, otherwise it'd have been alright. It has worse battery life and performance than the Z3C, paradoxically. :(

Wax Dynasty
Jan 1, 2013

This postseason, I've really enjoyed bringing back the three-inning save.

Hell Gem
Is there any decent sub-5" Verizon compatible Android phone on the market today? The Z5C doesn't work with CDMA bands.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Wax Dynasty posted:

Is there any decent sub-5" Verizon compatible Android phone on the market today? The Z5C doesn't work with CDMA bands.

Moto G works on verizon right?

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

The LG G5's getting a rather chilly reception so far.

E: fixed link

anakha fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Apr 1, 2016

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

SIR FAT JONY IVES posted:

Not the current one.

Chikimiki
May 14, 2009

SIR FAT JONY IVES posted:

Moto G is a lot bigger than the Z3C unfortunately.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

spoof posted:

Long-press on the Return button if it's not on the bottom right by default. Whether it's the emoji button or Return seems to be app-specific.

Thank you sir

Rime posted:

Z3c

Mine wasn't abused but the screen was starting to peel and I was just very underwhelmed with the camera so I flipped mine and now have the Moto X Play. Both extremes, thats pretty much how I do everything. The fact that my hand fat prevents me from touching the opposite top corner when one handing isn't the end of the world I guess. At least I can type worth a gently caress now. You can try the recommend me a phone thread where everyone will tell you to get an iphone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

Wax Dynasty posted:

It isn't quite sub-5" (5.1" screen) but the Galaxy S7 isn't too terribly huge.

http://www.phonearena.com/phones/size#/phones/size/Sony-Xperia-Z5-Compact,Samsung-Galaxy-S7,Google-Nexus-5X/phones/9611,9817,9593

It's very comfortable in hand. For those with truly tiny hands, you can (if you turn on the feature) triple-press the home key to shrink things down to the bottom right.