Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dadbuck
Apr 14, 2008

Hate the game, not the playa

Arrgytehpirate posted:

What is the viceroy thing question mark

The viceroy program is a shakedown of neighbors, and forceful eviction if they don't pay protection. Think of Germany, with Hitler extorting Poland, and pressuring Czechoslovakia and Austria.

Blowback is a bitch though. Poland teamed up with neighbors forming an alliance (Low Sec Voltron) to fight against Germany, and won some skirmishes. Germany's rivals then smelled blood in the water, and attacked, opening up an Eastern Front. Without the corps of Manstein, Rommel and Guderian, (Vily and Vee) Germany was now punching above its weight, while facing Zhukov, Konev, Malinovsky, Bagramyan, and Vasilevsky (PGL, Vily, and every other PVP alliance joining the gangbang).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

LemonDrizzle posted:

Ah, I see you've read about capital escalations getting nerfed into oblivion.

remains to be seen if it is actually a nerf but i like the idea of capital drifters accumulating and creating a massive fuckball if they aren't taken care of

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

no, i dont hang on and believe all the dumbshit propaganda that gets spewed unlike you i guess?

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

you coy bastard you said you didn't have a fursuit.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Arrgytehpirate posted:

How in danger are ya'll of actually losing VFK today?

The thing with this new sov system is that it doesnt really come down to military might anymore. What will decide VFK today is tidi, tactics, time, planning and luck.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

no, i dont hang on and believe all the dumbshit propaganda that gets spewed unlike you i guess?

What do you believe then? Unsaid things? Selectively cherry-pick stuff?

Is it only dumbshit propaganda when it turns out to be wrong or a lie?

Hubbl3
Mar 28, 2016

Dadbuck posted:

The viceroy program is a shakedown of neighbors, and forceful eviction if they don't pay protection. Think of Germany, with Hitler extorting Poland, and pressuring Czechoslovakia and Austria.

Blowback is a bitch though. Poland teamed up with neighbors forming an alliance (Low Sec Voltron) to fight against Germany, and won some skirmishes. Germany's rivals then smelled blood in the water, and attacked, opening up an Eastern Front. Without the corps of Manstein, Rommel and Guderian, (Vily and Vee) Germany was now punching above its weight, while facing Zhukov, Konev, Malinovsky, Bagramyan, and Vasilevsky (PGL, Vily, and every other PVP alliance joining the gangbang).

I'm quite sure that "building a coalition to fight back against goon aggression" was one of the preferred outcomes of the Viceroy programs when Mittens first announced it.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Am I about to hear something like, "We just learn to believe what we're told?"

mpaarating
May 6, 2011

The Baddest Boi

Potato Salad posted:

Is it only dumbshit propaganda when it turns out to be wrong or a lie?

It's all dumbshit propaganda you retard.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Hubbl3 posted:

I'm quite sure that "building a coalition to fight back against goon aggression" was one of the preferred outcomes of the Viceroy programs when Mittens first announced it.

worst case scenario goons get their teeth hammered down their throats, 'the imperium' breaks apart, and mittens announces goon pilgrimage to some ancestral homeland goons occupied at some point and goons go back to being a roving mongol horde instead of sitting on their asses collecting moon goo

alternately the above happens but instead of goon pilgrimage, goons go crash in/near co2 space and hellcamp them until they dissolve as an alliance

Potato Salad posted:

Am I about to hear something like, "We just learn to believe what we're told?"

seriously if you dont understand when chestbeating and propaganda is going on youre a moron

nevermind youre just a moron

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

man who blew the horn of edgelord tryhards because wow

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Dadbuck posted:

Maybe the best Bomber FC in the game.

kcolor.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Potato Salad posted:

generally, the truth

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Glory of Arioch posted:

mittani?

Hubbl3
Mar 28, 2016

Magres posted:

worst case scenario goons get their teeth hammered down their throats, 'the imperium' breaks apart, and mittens announces goon pilgrimage to some ancestral homeland goons occupied at some point and goons go back to being a roving mongol horde instead of sitting on their asses collecting moon goo

Yes, it's going be fun either way.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

dragonstalking posted:

Everything has a price if you know what I mean :gizz:

didn't want that pussy anyway

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Dadbuck posted:

Until it falls apart due to conflicts between all the coalitions in the game trying to accomplish a single goal while also lacking a strong central ledership

that or they overcome and we get murdered and we have to scratch out a whole new section of space for ourselves which i'd be cool with tbh since that'd involve hella guerilla warfare which is basically all im trained for

Fix Lag
Sep 8, 2011

There's a sale at Penny's!

Glory of Arioch posted:

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

I can work with that. It's a game. There was much fun had with drinking and chestbeating to be had for ages in EvE. Don't know what I was expecting when I took something titled a "fireside chat" to be a bit more down-to-earth than a full-on SOTA propaganda / narrative message or whatever other modes for fun blurfing there are. I was wrong in my assumptions.

To address "edgelord," what part of taking something at face value is edgy? These forums have, since I've subbed, tended to appreciate earnest posting, even if it is bad.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Xenuria is in GSF?

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Like, I don't get why people in EvE ragged on Something Awful so hard. It's a really cool place.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

killstealing posted:

Xenuria is in GSF?

We put him third on the CSM ballot

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Yeah I'm going to be that guy that speaks dissent at this moment. But the primary movers in Co2 have always had a culture unto themselves, the two most likely alliances to break that would keep their memberships fairly intact are them and init. The expectation that they'd shatter like most CFC alliances when leadership made the break was simply unrealistic.

This is unlike lawn/sma/bastion etc who's culture can basically summed up by one of those catfish you buy for your fishtank, all they do is suck garbage off the walls all day.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Potato Salad posted:

Like, I don't get why people in EvE ragged on Something Awful so hard. It's a really cool place.

It's because goons, particularly eve goons, enjoy the sound of pubbies wailing and gnashing their teeth more than anything else. As best i can tell the entire point of almost everything goonwaffe does is to make as many eve players as miserable as possible.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

frozenpussy posted:

We put him third on the CSM ballot

If you were trying to make me less confused you failed

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Magres posted:

It's because goons, particularly eve goons, enjoy the sound of pubbies wailing and gnashing their teeth more than anything else

as best i can tell the entire point of almost everything goonwaffe does is to make as many eve players as miserable as possible

which is basically the opposite of most goon guilds in games now

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

killstealing posted:

he joined karmafleet, was kicked, was let back in for reasons unknown and is now ~valued member~ because he has written for the vanity website and they voted for him for the csm so that he can be inflicted on ccp directly

all of this is hinged on "ccp will let him on the csm because he's admitted repeatedly to having the child lust, and that they wont then just literally put him on ignore"

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

killstealing posted:

It turns out Xenuria is a pretty good writer. His TMC pieces have consistently been interesting to read and remarkably free of snags.

Hubbl3
Mar 28, 2016

killstealing posted:

He got invited into the Meta Show some time ago and had a talk with Mittens and Laz about "being the most hated person in EVE". He did a pretty good job and got invited into Karmafleet were he has managed to not get kicked until today. And because we are here to ruin the game for everyone else we put him also onto our CSM ballot.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Robo Reagan posted:

makes it all the funnier when people see GOON and go "OH GOD ITS THOSE EVE GUYS HISSSSSS"

like ime goons still like to gently caress around in most games but there's basically nothing in gaming where you can just relentlessly hatefuck people the way you can in eve, in other games if someone really makes you unhappy you can put them on your ignore list and that's about the end of things

Magres fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Apr 1, 2016

Blawrf
Oct 10, 2009

Hi, I'm Blawrf, and you can dock in my station anytime~~

Rowwr

Rhymenoserous posted:

you coy bastard you said you didn't have a fursuit.

it's not a fursuit it's cosplaying

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Man that's kind of cool. I really want to see Xenuria interact with the CCP folks. It'd be what I as a European imagine the Jerry Springer show to be.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

killstealing posted:

Man that's kind of cool. I really want to see Xenuria interact with the CCP folks. It'd be what I as a European imagine the Jerry Springer show to be.

fake?

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Blawrf posted:

chewie is a cool bear guy with a cool bear guy laser crossbow and wanting to be like him is neat

Dadbuck
Apr 14, 2008

Hate the game, not the playa

killstealing posted:

Xenuria is in GSF?

Xenuria will FC Goonswarm CFC Imperium to victory

:rolleyes:

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Robo Reagan posted:

In themepark mmo's you are ALMOST correct, because almost 15 years of constant MMO development fighting "Griefer" behavior has really put a damper on things. Yet I guarantee you there is a GW2 and STO thread right now whining about goons on their official forums. In pretty much every sandbox game/mmo we are pretty awful to the people we encounter.

In ark we locked down a whole server, when we got bored we sent roving wolfpacks from server to server, not to assert dominance but to simply break whatever the "Alpha group" of that server was, then gently caress off. Our methods were often "Dishonorable". We made pubbies pay is tribute to not burn their poo poo down.

In black desert goons have found all sorts of fun ways to gently caress with pubbies. Lets just say a lot of people have been drowning lately and leave it at that.

Normal Barbarian
Nov 24, 2006

Potato Salad posted:

It turns out Xenuria is a pretty good writer. His TMC pieces have consistently been interesting to read and remarkably free of snags.

Yeah it takes a real wordsmith to plagiarize a press release.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
okay seriously please tell me this poo poo about the imperium being your name is at least half tongue in cheek, preferably mostly or entirely tongue in cheek

its so goddamned pubbie edgelord

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Theres a big stink in Elite Dangerous right now about some ex-EVE "griefers"

I guess they stream sniped some guys cancer charity thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Blawrf posted:

i mean whatever gets you through the night.

• Locked thread